• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite

unless you need a physical copy like me

rip

Like i've had for hours thanks to GS 9 pm releases

OK, just saw the story playthrough...

6/10, the story only stages should go to online mode

also...

watching morrigan desperate to fuck ghost rider was cringe worthy to the extreme

OK, just saw the story playthrough...

6/10, the story only stages should go to online mode

also...

watching morrigan desperate to fuck ghost rider was cringe worthy to the extreme
You do know that's what Succubi do...right? THat's what Morrigan does? More than 80% of her win quotes for the last decade have been sexual innuendos? If there was one character that they got right, it was her.

I think he meant her voice performance.

if we dont get four capcom characters next season what's the point of living

The CSS is gonna end up looking like thiiiiiiiiiiiiiis whyyyyyy

ppHwVHQpTni9zzj4ZPZxTQ.png

but guys picture it

Sigma and MH here

then Asura, Gene, CapCom and ??? next pack

I think the fact that we have 4 Marvel characters more than Capcom characters means we can't assume anything about this roster anymore

Wtf is this game running with? I just saw the Steam download size and it's freaking 51.6 GB. It has a lot of bloated files for the way it looks..

Wtf is this game running with? I just saw the Steam download size and it's freaking 51.6 GB. It has a lot of bloated files for the way it looks..
Most of it is story mode cinematic and audio I'm pretty sure

But that stuff's supposed to be compressed
haha not Capcom's style.

they like to ride it cool with the uncompressed videos baby.

[nut no really this is running on Unreal4 and this is super horrible]

its bittersweet netcode on steam

The Netcode is solid and the gameplay looks really fun with the combos you can do. That's all that really matters at the end of the day as far as the fighting scene goes. Once more people see all the crazy stuff you can do, it will only grow from there. Chun-Li and Ghost Rider in particular I've heard really got a lot better

Even if the netcode is average there is a much smaller playerbase on steam than ps4 which surprises me

the stone system is kinda touch and go. Soul Stone is honestly in need of a rework imo. Not only does the projectile heal you for a fair amount but popping it revives a character. That's worth a lot. Also Time Stone is borderline broken with Arthur's dagger throw, as you can throw them infinitely until the hitstun deterioration kicks in but by that point you've basically killed them if not fully killed them.

I'm REALLY liking how they fixed up Thor. Gave him an air dash and ground dash so he's not so restricted and he's faster.

Looking at the graphics up close, a lot of them look better than I gave credit for, but Doctor Strange's face, Dante's face, Chris' face...lots of faces with issues. Also Spencer still just looks ugly with the shading and Haggar looks like he has stone for skin XD

The big Monkey's Paw about Soul Stone is that you can't ever let your opponent break your pressure or your screwed. the partner doesnt revive with much health and can easily be killed again if they catch you kn a happy birthday.

I dont have a PS4 sadly but hopefully by chirstmas time rolls around I can snag one and a copy of infinite and play some matches with you all with my surviving mains of Ghost and nemmy

@missingno I hope this is something that soothes you

Last edited:
The big Monkey's Paw about Soul Stone is that you can't ever let your opponent break your pressure or your screwed. the partner doesnt revive with much health and can easily be killed again if they catch you kn a happy birthday.

I dont have a PS4 sadly but hopefully by chirstmas time rolls around I can snag one and a copy of infinite and play some matches with you all with my surviving mains of Ghost and nemmy
I dont see that as too big a weakness though because if they get the other behind you they can outpressure your supers unless you're Thor or have a lvl3 super you can use consistently in that scenario. I don't think the revive has enough of a weakness to justify a full revive as it gives.

What numbers do we have to compare too? Also what platform are you referring to?

Christ, the steam reviews are literally cluttered with reviews saying similar stuff. Great gameplay, but the visuals suck and my fav characters arent in it so dont buy it. I cannot believe people are willing to try to kill this game so harshly....

I think I might actually have to put this as a study on game design.

I'll be clear.
I don't want this game to fail, I just don't feel like it is worth $60 (or even $50 if I amazon Prime it up in this bitch) at the moment, or $90 if you count the Digital Deluxe.
The Presentation and Roster are just something I cannot seem to get over.

This whole situation has me kind of scared, not gonna lie. Everyone seems to agree the game plays great and the combat is fun, but thats even that isn't enough to save it...

People are willing to kill even a good game if the hype train begins rolling in reverse.

I'm trying to be a game dev someday. One of these days me and a team of people are going to try to make a game that people will hope fly like one day. But if it being a good game isnt enough to make it a good game...then what is?

Visuals? It can't be visuals. People play games with much worse visuals all the time. Melee is still crawling along with an undying fanbase for over 15 years. is it the Day 1 DLC? But it's Capcom. People know Capcom. Its not like this is anything new. Why now? The roster? Subtracting the Fox ban on the marvel side most of the big tourney favs are back. Was the X Men fandom really that HUGE a chunk?

I'm seriously baffled. I'm know its been explained a few times before but its honestly upsetting and confusing me. I've even seen complaints that there are aren't infinites in the game. People are complaining about the lack of a broken system mechanic from day 1....I just don't understandf...

I think most people just believe the 85% recycled roster is lazy and everything about it feels extremely half-hearted (The music especially)
It feels like they put all of their focus on the story (Which, from what I hear, is dumb, stupid fun, which is fine), and the gameplay, and that was all they could focus on in their year long development cycle.

People have outlined countless problems with the game besides just graphics. Scroll back a few pages if you've already forgotten. I feel like we're going in circles now.

And for everyone saying it's sick and creative enough to make up for everything Capcom has done wrong, I distinctly remember hearing the exact same tune about how great SF5 is during the beta and first few weeks of release. Then once that new game smell wore off and the meta developed, people started to see it for what it really was. Mark my words, history will repeat itself here.

Reactions: shoryusatsu999
People have outlined countless problems with the game besides just graphics. Scroll back a few pages if you've already forgotten. I feel like we're going in circles now.

And for everyone saying it's sick and creative enough to make up for everything Capcom has done wrong, I distinctly remember hearing the exact same tune about how great SF5 is during the beta and first few weeks of release. Then once that new game smell wore off and the meta developed, people started to see it for what it really was. Mark my words, history will repeat itself here.
I know its not just the visuals. I get that. I outlined that. Marketing was shaky on the rocks too.The Pre order stuff looks pretty balls. But the game is out now. The game is good, too, inspite of people wishing and meming it otherwise.

And yet... In spite of this people seem really really eager to try and put this game 6 feet under by week one, yourself included (no offense).

THATS whats fucking me up. When good gameplay doesnt make it a good game, what is a game even? MVCI seems to hit a majority of stuff on my game check list of quality (minus of course, the visuals and music), and yet the visual and roster, purely aesthetic things are whats killing the game. THings that many people in the past over look in various other titles, whether it being shitty music, shitty stories, shitty outside the game stuff or shitty music.

Last edited: