• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [May 27-29] Combo Breaker 2016 (Chicago, IL)

I am still buying everyone their pizza

So knowing what everyone wants would help thank you
Can I get two pizzas so that I can flip one over to put on top of the other and make a deep dish pizza sandwich?

Can I get two pizzas so that I can flip one over to put on top of the other and make a deep dish pizza sandwich?
Sure, just pay for the hospital bill in advance

it has ?roken before, shots fired @Broken Loose
I think it's just asking if I'm gay? I'm not taking offense to it or anything; it is just a question and it is the 2016 Skullgirls Community.

sounds pretty gay

Potentially
pepperoni and pineapple ftw
That's coming out to be the consensus, yes

So I'm about to register. How do this work? I pay the $40 to be able to enter and $10 to be able to play people in Skullgirls? Or is the tournament some separate thing only the best players enter?

The first one. There's a base registration fee to enter the tournaments and play casuals all weekend, and then it's $10 for every game you want to enter.

The first one. There's a base registration fee to enter the tournaments and play casuals all weekend, and then it's $10 for every game you want to enter.
Okay so if I want to go and play Skullgirls, regardless if I have any interest in being the #1 champ, I pay $40 and $10?

Sorry, just want to be 100% sure about this.

Yes. $40 to get in all weekend. $10 for playing in each game's tournament.

Last questions: It takes place in Pheasant Run Resort correct? The one with the address:Pheasant Run Resort - Gallery Hall, 4051 E Main St, St. Charles, IL 60174

I just got a bit confused because on Combobreaker's homepage it says "The Mega Center", IL.

EDIT - And Skullgirls tournament/casuals will be regulated to a single day that they have yet to announce right?

Casuals is all weekend. The tournament days will depend on signups. If we can cram it all into one day, we probably will.

The Mega Center is just what they call the area the tournament will be held it. It's connected to the Pheasant Run.

As for what days the Skullgirls tournament will happen, that won't be confirmed until about a week or so before the actual event, since registration numbers are one of the primary variables in deciding what gets played when.

You want to fight in the tournament, trust me.

@gunraiden

Combo Breaker has an event registration fee of $40. We use this money to secure the venue, staging, equipment, gaming set ups, badges, tournament staff, bracket staff, venue signage, broadcasters, on-air talent, and many other needs that go into making the event a fun weekend.

A tournament fee of $10 exists for each individual game. This money goes directly into that tournament's pot and creates the cash pay-outs for the tournament's players.

If you want to compete in Skullgirls at Combo Breaker you'll pay $50 total (until registration fees go up on April 1st). If you want to compete in Skullgirls and another game you'll pay $60, and so on and so forth.

The tournament venue is the Mega Center, a large convention center located on Pheasant Run Resort's property. Since not all attendees will be staying at Pheasant Run Resort we advertise the tournament location instead of the resort property. For travel purposes you can consider them one and the same though.

Hope this helps!

XkNlqDq.png

Reactions: PME and Waasiq
Oh right, I have an account here. After wrestling with payment issues surrounding expired cards and the headache of dealing with my bank to get things sorted, I'm registered and ready to drive down the street when the time comes.

Oh right, I have an account here. After wrestling with payment issues surrounding expired cards and the headache of dealing with my bank to get things sorted, I'm registered and ready to drive down the street when the time comes.
Ok at some point offline solo Peacock mirrors with @ninja-nutria needs to happen

So will there be tables to use or will I have to put my keyboard on my lap?

Ok at some point offline solo Peacock mirrors with @ninja-nutria needs to happen

I could try to snag some foam dodgeballs for the true offline experience of zoning.

Reactions: ninja-nutria
So will there be tables to use or will I have to put my keyboard on my lap?
I mean there's tables, you know the tournament is on Playstation 4 though right? Do you have a controller that works on that?

I mean there's tables, you know the tournament is on Playstation 4 though right? Do you have a controller that works on that?
I have a USB keyboard.

I have a USB keyboard.
Alright word you're in there then
Uh I don't think he is.

Keyboards don't work as controllers they just work as keyboards for PS3 / PS4.

Unless PS4 has new drivers that let it work or mike built custom ones himself that won't work.

Some quick googling is saying it still doesn't work...

Psychopath, I recommend that you start playing with Hitbox layout on your keyboard, A S D (Left, Down, Right) and Space bar as up, buttons somewhere to the right.

You can borrow someone's hitbox at the event for your matches hopefully..

Yo, can we have a giant peacock player dodgeball match? That sounds amazing

Reactions: zarkingphoton
Can I join the peacock mirrors?

Reactions: dapurplesharpie