• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [May 27-29] Combo Breaker 2016 (Chicago, IL)

I just realized that nobody asked by far the most important question about this event. Does the main hotel people are staying at have continental breakfast?

I just realized that nobody asked by far the most important question about this event. Does the main hotel people are staying at have continental breakfast?

No, but there are a number of on-site restaurants as well as the food vendors/caterers inside the mega center itself.

There's also an IHOP across the street, a Wal-Mart that's sure to have some breakfast foods to toss together on short notice, and a McDonald's also across the street.

It is a bit of a hike to get from the hotel entrance to the street corner though, so don't get your hopes too high up unless you brought your car or know someone who did.

Last edited:
Because everything else was over $200 more expensive or left at 3AM. Also because I'm a dumbass apparently.

mike i almost got left on the streets of south carolina because of that company, it's not worth the reduced price

Double checked all my brackets. If I do the F brackets on saturday, we should finish just in time for me to swap out and hit my Mystery Game bracket where I'm going to body Duckator in Shaqfu.

Edit, i'm the dumbest. only the friday pools are streamed.

No, but there are a number of on-site restaurants as well as the food vendors/caterers inside the mega center itself.

There's also an IHOP across the street, a Wal-Mart that's sure to have some breakfast foods to toss together on short notice, and a McDonald's also across the street.

It is a bit of a hike to get from the hotel entrance to the street corner though, so don't get your hopes too high up unless you brought your car or know someone who did.

I will walk, i can walk a lot if it saves me.money, if someone wants to walk i can walk with you, the greater the struggle the tastier the food is.

its a 13 min walk according to google, easy peasy lemon squeezy.

I will walk, i can walk a lot if it saves me.money, if someone wants to walk i can walk with you, the greater the struggle the tastier the food is.

I'll walk every day with you to McDonalds for suuuuuuure

Reactions: ninja-nutria
Okay, but the real question is: "How far is it to Giordano's?"
Twice as far as it is to IHOP.

@Kai
Only day 1 of pools (Blocks B & C) is going to be streamed. F & G on Saturday aren't on stream afaik, so would the plan be to switch out Pools - 1 and Pools - 2 commentators between stream blocks on Friday?

@Psychopath how many people per group should we be in and how many fanny packs should each individual wear?

@Kai
Only day 1 of pools (Blocks B & C) is going to be streamed. F & G on Saturday aren't on stream afaik, so would the plan be to switch out Pools - 1 and Pools - 2 commentators between stream blocks on Friday?
Yeah, I wasn't looking at the schedule, earlier. The teams are for the 1st and 2nd blocks streamed, which are both on Friday. There will be around 35-40 matches per pool; halfway through that, the alts come on board and finish up.

Yeh I get there at like 9pm on Friday. Is anyone who's driving willing to pick me up from the airport? I will pay for your time and big dinner.
I got you, homie.

Last edited:

I'll be willing to drive you if you pay for half of my breakfast.

Edit, i'm the dumbest. only the friday pools are streamed.
Wait, so the Skullgirls F and G pools won't be streamed anywhere?

80% of the tournament is being streamed so I think we'll be good.

We'll be sure to hopefully have them recorded but we'll see what happens!

Yeah, I wasn't looking at the schedule, earlier. The teams are for the 1st and 2nd blocks streamed, which are both on Friday. There will be around 35-40 matches per pool; halfway through that, the alts come on board and finish up.

I've got a slightly revised commentary schedule in mind at this point. Lets chat tonight.

Reactions: Kai
No need to walk. They deliver to the venue. You also get $2 off with the discount code "Combo Breaker."

This is love.
So jealous of all you normies. But that's ok. I'll have my own pancakes.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Why am i looking so much foward to eating chicago food?
Hype?
Believe it for the pizza, not for the hotdogs. Never touch the Chinese food; there's a reason they're not known for that.

Reactions: ninja-nutria
Hype?
Believe it for the pizza, not for the hotdogs. Never touch the Chinese food; there's a reason they're not known for that.

The Chinese food ain't that bad!
(If you're in Chinatown, otherwise you're on your own)

Also, getting severe first tournament nerves going on right now, and I'm not even entered in the tourney proper (due to still being a broke-ass college student).

I'm so nervous...I'm going to get rekt so badly. >~< Still excited though~

Reactions: Drills
No need to walk. They deliver to the venue. You also get $2 off with the discount code "Combo Breaker."

This is love.
Nothing works up an appetite quite like physical exertion, though. Besides, I can just drive.

Hype?

There are some decent family-owned Chinese places out in the suburbs although your mileage will vary since you're going in blind. None particularly close to the venue but hey it's something.

Never touch the Chinese food; there's a reason they're not known for that.
Sounds like you don't know about the real shit.

Anyone up for a Chicago trip or some other event on thursday (say Karaoke maybe)?

Hell yeah. I mentioned before about wanting to see an improv show. Looks like IO has Improvised Shakespeare and a bunch of Harold shows (basically 3 different storylines that get shifted between regularly a few times), Second City seems to be more sketch and short form shows, and I can't remember the other big theatre there at the moment.

I'm so nervous...I'm going to get rekt so badly. >~< Still excited though~
You can join us the food enthusiasts.

Anyone up for a Chicago trip or some other event on thursday (say Karaoke maybe)?

karaoke sounds good, also you better be amazing if someone picks bohemian rhapsody.