• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Moderator Problems and Rule Clarification Requests

Quoting media isn't really something we've ever enforced *too* heavily, it's mostly for art/video threads where it's common sense not to do that. If you randomly quote a (single, non-huge) image in a thread when you're discussing it, then I doubt anyone will care.

Someone snipped me earlier. To be quite honest, I'm more annoyed I can't use this anymore than getting snipped.

No comment on that from me.

Someone snipped me earlier. To be quite honest, I'm more annoyed I can't use this anymore than getting snipped.
That was me! Normally I don't mind but as it is against the rules I do enforce it. Sorry about that.

The quoting media thing was enforced so there's not a stream of the same video or picture quoted over and over on a single page. Every quote has a link back to the original post, so if someone really needs to see the media they can link back to it.
However, historically there has been leeway on it if the media in question was originally posted on an earlier page in the thread. It's a pain to have to load an entirely new page just to see a picture, but if it's still on the same page of your new post, avoid doing it.

Re: color. Frankly several users complained about abuse of color being an eyesore on the forum, and it's been discussed for a looooong time whether or not to put a rule in against it. We finally came down on reducing its use.

Reactions: Ryin
how should we go about reporting someone because of their signature?

contact an admin privately about it.
Or you can call the person out publicly and give us some juicy pre-holiday drama
last year was sick

how should we go about reporting someone because of their signature?
PM any super mod or report a status of theirs or something and say it's because of their signature. We will get to it.

PM any super mod or report a status of theirs or something and say it's because of their signature. We will get to it.
will do.
contact an admin privately about it.
Or you can call the person out publicly and give us some juicy pre-holiday drama
last year was sick
thanks.

I've been trying to edit a post of mine, but it keeps sending me this:

The following error occurred:
Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.

The post i'm trying to make is an update in the "beginner match finder" thread. I want the new players to know that I've gotten a lot better with Squigly, but I could play other characters that i'm bad at to not discourage people from adding me. I don't think it's spammy or inappropriate :c

My thread got closed AND taken away from public viewing even though it's fun, the public likes it and it starts an actual gameplay conversation. It violated no rules. I think just because I posted it, mods (a mod) don't want me making thread. I think it should be re-opened and let people discuss their opinions.

Reactions: Receita Federal
I've been trying to edit a post of mine, but it keeps sending me this:

The following error occurred:
Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.

The post i'm trying to make is an update in the "beginner match finder" thread. I want the new players to know that I've gotten a lot better with Squigly, but I could play other characters that i'm bad at to not discourage people from adding me. I don't think it's spammy or inappropriate :c
That's really strange, can you PM me what you want to edit to edit your post to?
I can change it for you for now until it's figured out. You could also just delete your post and post it again.

@MegamanDS

1. There are plenty of threads that already exist to talk about the things you bring up.
2a. If you're not serious about the thread, it's a troll thread and is clearly against the rules.
2b. If you are serious, no one takes those threads seriously, anyway, and it attracts shitposting and spamming it with non-sense.

Complaining about some specific character tools or interactions does not warrant its own thread.
As "fun" as it might be to have people spam frog icons and back-handedly make fun of you for these kinds of threads you make, Skullheart is not a twitch chat and should not be treated as such.

So, I ask again, please don't make those threads anymore. If you have something of actual value to bring up, then do so, but I don't want to see anymore threads with titles like "Valentine should be given a high stun normal like Painwheel because she's too low tier."

Thank you

Reactions: dragonos451
@MegamanDS

1. There are plenty of threads that already exist to talk about the things you bring up.
2a. If you're not serious about the thread, it's a troll thread and is clearly against the rules.
2b. If you are serious, no one takes those threads seriously, anyway, and it attracts shitposting and spamming it with non-sense.

Complaining about some specific character tools or interactions does not warrant its own thread.
As "fun" as it might be to have people spam frog icons and back-handedly make fun of you for these kinds of threads you make, Skullheart is not a twitch chat and should not be treated as such.

So, I ask again, please don't make those threads anymore. If you have something of actual value to bring up, then do so, but I don't want to see anymore threads with titles like "Valentine should be given a high stun normal like Painwheel because she's too low tier."

Thank you
Why not delete the people's post that spam stuff and leave the legitimate post where people are talking in there rather than deleting an entire debate thread? Sounds like you took the lazy route and deleted the entire thing instead of moderating the thread taking out the 1-2 posts with frogs. It's not a complaint thread. It's a thread asking the community what characters they feel like are more technical than others giving specific examples with characters.

So if I change the title to "Which character do you consider easier to learn than others" would be fine. You have a problem with me calling out specific characters. Not sure why you delete it as well. I was trying to show other new players my thoughts. Now the thread is gone.

EDIT: And you seem to be the only mod that has a problem with it. The forum mods didn't have an issue either. They might now since you brought it up. But they didn't before.

Reactions: Receita Federal
@MegamanDS

Alright dude, what's done is done, you might want to back off a bit before this escalates too much.

That's really strange, can you PM me what you want to edit to edit your post to?
I can change it for you for now until it's figured out. You could also just delete your post and post it again.
just went in to edit, and it worked! Not really sure what the problem really was, but whatevs! Thanks for the help, even if it wasn't needed in the end ^_^

Reactions: skull person
@MegamanDS

Alright dude, what's done is done, you might want to back off a bit before this escalates too much.
To what? Me getting banned? If they wanna go that route, it's their right. Just saying other mods I spoke to were also confused by his actions.

Last edited:
Reactions: chickenwithtie