• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Moderator Problems and Rule Clarification Requests

@Meow-Professor Is glad that she can finally help with the Forum moderation problems. Expect some (hopefully) good moderation from her in the future.
Yes, as Skarmand mentioned, I'm a mod for the Beginner forum.
I appreciate that, yeah. I'm excited to be a mod for you all, though.

Heres an idea how about instead of removing Cellsai we add more art mods..unless theres a limit of course but looking how a lot of fights break out over there we probably need 1 or 2 more mods. me mod

Would you care to explain how this would be an example of good moderation?

chickenshit.png

I see no problem.

It doesn't matter if he has obligations outside the forum, someone has to be available to have an obligation to it. Why would it be a bad thing to have someone on staff who can commit more? Wouldn't that be better for everyone?

You do realise that all mods are volunteers, right? No one has any "obligation" whatsoever and anyone and everyone can leave at any time for any reason.

Please get over yourself or get out.

Being inactive for a week hardly leads to losing a staff position. We might have vacations, family obligations, work trips, etc you know having a life as crazy as that may sound. I'm on a vacation right now actually around Lake Shasta for this hot weather.

This is why we have at least more then one mod now for a specific area to help cover any areas with an absent mod. Worst case scenario the mods with global powers can intervene when necessary. That said yes if your a mod one of your obligations is at least be semi active in the site for obvious reasons, but we handle that internally if that ends up being an issue just like most of the site related decision making.

Telling x mod to leave on this thread will accomplish nothing same as wanting y person to be a mod since that boat just passed to any interested parties until we put up more openings.

Now drop this topic that is already being derailed with shitposting with each other and stick with this thread for rule clarification requests and/or actual mod issues that is something more then "kick him/her out cuz I says so"

Alright then, in that case, what's going to be done about the current state of the art forum?

He probably just meant the squigly appreciation thread.

What is the issue in the art forum? The current established rules still stand for that section. If any existing issue is actually legitimate then report it as per usual and the next available mod will address the appropriate action. Not that difficult.

pretty sure the mods figure users can handle problems via the report button. they're not here to babysit us.

I have made reports about about this now, so I feel it right to address it directly in this thread. Will a moderator please address and correct the intentional trolling and the derailment that has been taking place in the Squigly Appreciation Thread for the last 7 pages?

It's something we have been looking at for a while already. I believe action will be taken very soon.

I'm assuming I was banned from the Squigly appreciation thread for the necrophilia jokes? My bad.

you can be banned from individual threads now?

Yep. It's pretty cool.

It didn't really take much to be banned from the Squigly thread, or so I assume from my own situation of being rather laid back about the whole drama thing while writing constructive posts in the meantime as well.

Anyone who contributed to that whole mess got banned from that thread.

Maybe I'll lift some of the bans later, but not now.

And on that day, the world uttered only a single thing.

"Sweet..."

Yep, now the only character fanatics left are DDB and Denizen.

Play nice~ :^)

Wow rude, don't lump us in with that guy.
Since when am I a character fanatic...

There have been ongoing issues with LockJawsSaga that Cellsai and myself have been dealing with. This was just the final straw, so now he's banned.

No more social commentary about that, please, thanks.

Honestly, a simple solution would be that if a mod in a section that has less mods, like the art thread, is going to be away for awhile, just have another mod with extra time act as a temporary mode for that forum as well. Even then, the universal mods tend to be able to step in these cases so any issues with mods being unavailable isn't really legitimate in the case of such short-term absenses anyways.

Just throwing my idea out for a solution and comment on the problem brought up at first.

Mods shouldn't be instigating fights with people or singling somebody out to pick on. I figured a mod would understand how to block somebody if they hate them that much. I expect that from Lockjaw, not mods.

@Midiman liking my posts ironically isn't making me any happier with you.

I like it when people don't pick on users that are trying to improve themselves and not get into fights. It's not very fair to say they needlessly get angry at other users when other people are punching first, right?

I know its not my place but what exactly went on in that thread almost every time I go back to it theres a fight between either Denizen or a mod or another User vs a User.

Anyone who contributed to that whole mess got banned from that thread.

Maybe I'll lift some of the bans later, but not now.

Play nice~ :^)
:(

I'll never be recognized...

Below is not aimed at a specific person or group. This is not an official SH statement, but just something from me personally that considers himself both an active member and staff of this site and sees enough things here.

Adopting an aggressive victim mentality ['boo hoo x mod has a vendetta against me I didn't do nothing!'] is not gonna help anything. Shitting up a thread is not helping anything because chances are you attracted a mod's attention so you're not an innocent dandelion until proven otherwise. Gonna also say that I'm pretty sure we are all too busy with the events of our lives to schedule 'picking' on x member. If it actually happens then the admins can catch it and the mod will be booted. Few things to also think about...

- Saying mods should 'ignore' any users they don't 'like' is absolutely terrible advice. You're not an effective mod if you're just gonna start ignoring everybody because of personal preference. Mods are not allowed to unjustly punish members because they don't 'like' X Y or Z person, but mods are also not allowed to ignore anybody breaking forum rules when they have that knowledge.

- It's not just a mod who would be tired of the antics. Often other members are sick of it too and let us know via reports or private pms.

- If you have a problem with a mod [they did something wrong, you're confused, etc] then pm them or even use this thread if you don't want the benefit of privacy. Stop shitposting in the thread ruining the conversation for everybody else with melodrama.

- Calm down. You would be surprised how much a shitstorm can be avoided if you take a deep breath.

If problematic forum behavior is gonna keep happening in specific threads then necessary action will happen for the benefit of the other participants in said thread.