• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA New England thread - Not UK

Oh yeah I should be there.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
I know this is a long shot, but if anyone is driving there from NYC/NJ area and only staying for one day, I'd love to go also.

Sorry guys but Natick is hella far from me and I don't have a car anymore. That and I haven't played SG in almost a year.

Sorry guys but Natick is hella far from me and I don't have a car anymore. That and I haven't played SG in almost a year.
If it's too far it's too far, but being out of practice is never a good reason not to make it to locals. Now is always a good time to get back into hanging out with everyone.

Reactions: DaydreamingSorc
I think I'm out the next few weeks, but I might randomly show up at like 1am this week

If it's too far it's too far, but being out of practice is never a good reason not to make it to locals. Now is always a good time to get back into hanging out with everyone.
My Xbox hasn't been plugged in and I've been dealing with college stuff man. Framingham was already a far enough drive even when I had a car.

I have at least been hella psyched for the Mac release of SG. For me personally though, if I am going to go to a "local" event only to get continually bopped I don't really see a reason for going. I understand the whole "support you local scene" mentality but the scene in question has never been all that local for me.

My Xbox hasn't been plugged in and I've been dealing with college stuff man. Framingham was already a far enough drive even when I had a car.
I already said it being too far away was a good reason.

For me personally though, if I am going to go to a "local" event only to get continually bopped I don't really see a reason for going. I understand the whole "support you local scene" mentality but the scene in question has never been all that local for me.
It's not a tournament. It doesn't matter if you are winning or not. You go, have fun, make friends, and play a video game you all enjoy together. Having the mentality "I need to win" for casually playing and hanging out isn't the way to go. Supporting the scene is fantastic, but it's more about hanging with friends. For me, at least, any time I went to GU my thoughts were never "I have to support my game/I need to win", it was "wow, this is cool, I'm going to have fun with everyone through a game I really enjoy".

Actually... that's largely the mentality I have going to tournaments as well. As much as I enjoy beating people and doing something hype to get people excited, I primarily go for the experience of going.

Reactions: DaydreamingSorc
Oh hey while I'm in here I should make this post: GU Friday night fight nights are officially up and running once more. The address is 1245 Worcester St Suite 1094, Natick, Massachusetts. It's in between the California Pizza Kitchen and American Girl. Here's a picture:

10997705_10152601877346721_2823260221664812523_o.png

Well the GU sign was made in MS paint but you get the idea. That's basically what it looks like.

If you are coming from Boston, I believe the closest T stop is West Natick on the Worcester line. Anyone who comes in that way I can give you a ride the rest of the way to GU, it's like 5 minutes or something.

I dunno what's good with streaming yet. At the old GU we had a splitter on one end and an ethernet cable that was run all the way through the ceiling to our area. I need to figure out where the Internet comes out of in this place.

Tagging everyone I can think of: @Zidiane @Natezer @Deer @dMags @Icky @LordCeno @joshb911 @DaydreamingSorc @Omnyx @Pickles @Fluffy_Ducks @Tommer @Uzumakihero I'm sure I forgot a lot of people, if you think of them please tag them for me thanks

Oh yeah, I forgot Game Underground is opening in the Natick Mall. I'll probably get perfected/glorious'd by all of you though...

Oh yeah, I forgot Game Underground is opening in the Natick Mall. I'll probably get perfected/glorious'd by all of you though...
Don't think about it like that. Not matter what, whenever I've been to GU I've had a great time. There's plenty of other things to do besides play SG as well, and even when you do play, if you get beat handily, everyone there is willing to help you get better or explain what you can do to deal with the stuff you're having a hard time with. The MA scene is really a great bunch of people. I always enjoy coming out when I can find the time.

I'm just realizing that since GU is part of a mall I can feel like a real teenager on a TV show and hang out at a mall!

Too bad I'm not a teenager anymore and my life can only get worse :(

Reactions: WarpedEcho
Our philosophies differ then.

¯\_('< ')_/¯

Last edited:
I'm just realizing that since GU is part of a mall I can feel like a real teenager on a TV show and hang out at a mall!

man hanging out at the mall is so overrated
I went to the mall with mwisk and its like "I could be playing SG right now my feet hurt why is everything expensive"

Its okay. I suck.

man hanging out at the mall is so overrated
I went to the mall with mwisk and its like "I could be playing SG right now my feet hurt why is everything expensive"
Man it's cuz the teenage magic had worn off.

Reactions: Shoes
Don't think about it like that. Not matter what, whenever I've been to GU I've had a great time. There's plenty of other things to do besides play SG as well, and even when you do play, if you get beat handily, everyone there is willing to help you get better or explain what you can do to deal with the stuff you're having a hard time with. The MA scene is really a great bunch of people. I always enjoy coming out when I can find the time.
I know that but im just saying
I've been several times
and thanks for that :)

Seeing all this solidarity is kinda bringing a tear to my eye. Our skull family is kind of amazing. That said, you did miss a few Sempai. @Gamesandgoodies and @Rakurin are still NE, even if they have reasons for not playing/being able to make it (you are not forgotten T-T7 ). I think you tagged @Pandamanana and @Eva-Unit-Shrek too but just in case there we go.

Sorry I haven't been around at all. Kinda fell off fighting games after I had to move. I drove by the location a few days ago and was really upset when the sign was no longer there. Glad to see they just relocated though.

Does anyone's route take them by the train lines? I'd love to come this Friday and a pickup would make my life heaps easier.

I really wanted to make it out to the "sort-of-inagural-because-people-were-at-combo-breaker" weekly at the new spot but I don't think transportation is gonna work out for me unfortunately. Like I said though keep me posted on the next monthly since because of the earlier time it's a lot easier for me to make it to those.

Basically the same for me. Friday night just isn't looking like an option for me, at least for right now, but the monthlies would be easier to make time for.

I'm always up for online matches, though.

I may or may not be able to pick people up if they have trouble getting to the venue. Depending on the routing

Not gonna say I'm in the same boat here as well (mass pike's kind of a straight shot there for me), but if I get there early enough, I might be able to help out some with this.

I'm at GU where's anyone ;-;

Hey! Hi! Hello! Who has plans of showing up on Friday? Also what's the streaming situation?

I'll be there Friday. I'll be there early so I can talk to Alana about streaming, but I don't really wanna bother with it if we're getting less than 8 people.

I'm out this week again, but I plan on going next week ( 6/12 )

LADIES AND GENTALMEN!!!! Battle cruiser is now operational (I now have a car)

If anyone in the Worcester area needs a ride out to GU PM me or what ever.

Also I'm gonna try to make it tonight I have no idea where I'm going but I will figure it out

I should be there tonight.

Also I'm gonna try to make it tonight I have no idea where I'm going but I will figure it out
Its like going to the old location, just a bit further down Rt. 9.

There were a lot more people than I expected tonight which was pretty dope. Also I overheard a few dudes talking about wanting to play SG after seeing CB which is super cool.

How many did we get exactly? I kinda wanna know here.
Myself, Deer, Ceno, Tommer, and Waifu were there, we also had about 3-4 other people who I think main other games but popped in to play Skullgirls for a bit. I played like 30 games with one of those guys, I really need to learn his name at some point but I'm worried it's past the point of no return and it would be too weird if I asked him, you know?

Reactions: Pickles
Myself, Deer, Ceno, Tommer, and Waifu were there, we also had about 3-4 other people who I think main other games but popped in to play Skullgirls for a bit. I played like 30 games with one of those guys, I really need to learn his name at some point but I'm worried it's past the point of no return and it would be too weird if I asked him, you know?
Sometimes you have to do it. Hell, I asked AJ's name after regularly talking to him for like 2 or 3 months.

Sometimes you have to do it. Hell, I asked AJ's name after regularly talking to him for like 2 or 3 months.
Zaf called me out on it one time, he was just like "you don't know who I am do you" and I was like "no .__. "

Hah I know you guys' forum names but have no idea who is who irl, I've had you fooled all this time.

I'm working on a pretty strong hunch that McPeanuts' actual last name is McPeanuts.

Also, I'll be out of state on the 12th so I'll be missing next week :( I'll let Waifu know to PM you Peanuts.

Reactions: Uzumakihero
@Tommer @Deer - I'm going to GU this friday, so I can give you guys a ride home at night if you'd like. I'd offer to drive you there too, but unfortunately I'll be coming from the West so that's not really do-able.

Edit - @Tommer - I'm an idiot and am just seeing your post directly above mine stating that you won't be around on the 12th