• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA New England thread - Not UK

I had sorta fucked up and agreed to be in two places at once and was trying to awkwardly fix it by leaving GU at 9 and showing up to the other thing 4 hours late

I know this feel.

everyone duckin ceno smh

Yeah....I know this feel too. -_-

3d3823dc814660e4a9f42faee2db772d.png

whats good Pat turn up

Looks like we got 10 New England players in the brackets for NEC, good job everyone~

Anyone know who FreeLxJames and/or Spectryn are? They're listed as Connecticut but the names aren't familiar to me. I'd like to meet up with them and b e c o m e f r i e n d s

Yeah its wild NY/NJ has like 4-5 people i've straight up never heard of in my life.

Lets be good gracious white folk so we can...

E X P A N D || O U R || L O C A L S

Also I like lurking here because you guys are like the only region that actually uses the SH thread its mighty interesting haha

Looks like we got 10 New England players in the brackets for NEC, good job everyone~

Anyone know who FreeLxJames and/or Spectryn are? They're listed as Connecticut but the names aren't familiar to me. I'd like to meet up with them and b e c o m e f r i e n d s
I don't know them per se, but I may have met them in my many travels. I hope they're close to my side of MA (I'm so effin lonely over here. Hold me T-T). That said, PM me about the game plan for Thurs/Fri Sempai so we can get this all settled.

I don't know them per se, but I may have met them in my many travels. I hope they're close to my side of MA (I'm so effin lonely over here. Hold me T-T). That said, PM me about the game plan for Thurs/Fri Sempai so we can get this all settled.
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh uh oh. Do you not have a room?

as long as I can have the cot to myself i'm ok, if the rooms are as big as the ones at the comfort inn and the combo breaker venue it should be big enough. my bigger concern is about transportation; you may recall that I have a lot of stuff to bring with me, is your car big enough for 5 people and their luggage? if sorc already has transportation that's not a problem though

as long as I can have the cot to myself i'm ok, if the rooms are as big as the ones at the comfort inn and the combo breaker venue it should be big enough. my bigger concern is about transportation; you may recall that I have a lot of stuff to bring with me, is your car big enough for 5 people and their luggage? if sorc already has transportation that's not a problem though
My new car is tiny actually

My new car is tiny actually

wait you have a new car since summer jam? do you mean that it wouldn't be big enough for me to bring the suitcase i brought last time? IIRC the big one i brought last time was about as wide as your trunk, my smaller bag I can put on my lap if need be but I do need to bring 2 bags

wait you have a new car since summer jam? do you mean that it wouldn't be big enough for me to bring the suitcase i brought last time? IIRC the big one i brought last time was about as wide as your trunk, my smaller bag I can put on my lap if need be but I do need to bring 2 bags
No I mean it's the same car, but as you recall it doesn't have a lot of trunk space. We barely got 4 people's bags in there.

No I mean it's the same car, but as you recall it doesn't have a lot of trunk space. We barely got 4 people's bags in there.

o yeah thats what im saying though is if sorc doesn't have a ride then transportation might be an issue. how else are the other NE people getting down, is there another car?

I'm A-ok with 5 in the room as long as everyone's got room to sleep.
I mean they wouldn't, that's part of the issue. One person wouldn't have a bed.

e: Well, I'm assuming the hotel wouldn't be willing to bring a cot up to a room that already had 2 beds, because that's been my experience in the past. But I'll call and ask. If they will then it's not that big a problem.
o yeah thats what im saying though is if sorc doesn't have a ride then transportation might be an issue. how else are the other NE people getting down, is there another car?
Sorc has a car so we could take two cars. That's probably what we'll have to do

Last edited:
On that car note, @dMags when do you plan to head down there? Since the situation here has changed (and you're closest to me) you want to head down together like last year. We'll take my car this time around and Josh won't be able to fuck up the plan again. No offense Josh.

I'm flying, but I need someone in a car to transport all this stone cold liquor I've got stashed for this event. My flight leaves early Friday morning from Boston.

Can I drop this off early Friday with someone before my flight?

WHICH IS ADMITTEDLY ASKING A LOT, BUT PLS, ITS ALCOHOL GUIZE.

I may be closest to Logan but I wouldn't want to get it to west natick on the train. If @mcpeanuts doesn't mind picking me up here we could use my house as a drop zone. There would also be some timing issues to work out but it's one option.

I may be closest to Logan but I wouldn't want to get it to west natick on the train. If @mcpeanuts doesn't mind picking me up here we could use my house as a drop zone. There would also be some timing issues to work out but it's one option.
I kinda mind it's like an extra hour of driving for me lol

Hey guys o/

I stumbled on this thread while looking for Massachusetts/New England events - cool to see a decently active group in the area.

I've been to Game Underground a handful of times for Smash weeklies, but making that trek on Thursday evenings (I'm in western Mass aka shit Mass/fake Mass) was a bit rough on Friday workdays. I saw that there's a FG event there on Saturday, but it doesn't specifically list SG?

SG is my first "traditional" FG. I've put some good time in over the last week or two and I'm finally feeling some improvements in quick matches and friendlies. The SG community is really great.

Hey guys o/

I stumbled on this thread while looking for Massachusetts/New England events - cool to see a decently active group in the area.

I've been to Game Underground a handful of times for Smash weeklies, but making that trek on Thursday evenings (I'm in western Mass aka shit Mass/fake Mass) was a bit rough on Friday workdays. I saw that there's a FG event there on Saturday, but it doesn't specifically list SG?

SG is my first "traditional" FG. I've put some good time in over the last week or two and I'm finally feeling some improvements in quick matches and friendlies. The SG community is really great.
Skullgirls will be at the monthly this Saturday. I don't know why it's not on the schedule but I'll be bringing a setup and running the brackets so in any case it will be happening. There's a thread for the tournament here: http://skullheart.com/index.php?thr...-underground-december-monthly-natick-ma.8435/ If you can make it out we'd love to have you :) We also sometimes meet up at GU on Fridays but check this thread first because it's not an every-week sort of deal. (I imagine we won't do it this Friday since we'll be meeting up on Saturday anyways, that's how it generally works)

Taggin @DaydreamingSorc cause I'm sure he'll be thrilled to hear another person lives in his half of the state

Skullgirls will be at the monthly this Saturday. I don't know why it's not on the schedule but I'll be bringing a setup and running the brackets so in any case it will be happening. There's a thread for the tournament here: http://skullheart.com/index.php?thr...-underground-december-monthly-natick-ma.8435/ If you can make it out we'd love to have you :) We also sometimes meet up at GU on Fridays but check this thread first because it's not an every-week sort of deal. (I imagine we won't do it this Friday since we'll be meeting up on Saturday anyways, that's how it generally works)

Taggin @DaydreamingSorc cause I'm sure he'll be thrilled to hear another person lives in his half of the state

Cool, thanks @mcpeanuts (gj at NEC, btw - and happy belated). I may be able to head that way this weekend. Probably stupid question - I assume whatever rig you bring will be compatible with USB gamepad (all consoles nowadays have USB ports right?)

Cool, thanks @mcpeanuts (gj at NEC, btw - and happy belated).

I may be able to head that way this weekend. Probably stupid question - I assume whatever rig you bring will be compatible with USB gamepad (all consoles nowadays have USB ports right?)
Well, PS4 does have USB ports, but that doesn't necessarily mean it will recognize any controller with a USB. Only way to know is to try it and see. For what it's worth if your controller works on PS3 it will also work on PS4 (which isn't true for all games, but it's true for Skullgirls). We may have PC setups for casuals but the tournament will only be on PS4.

On that note, I'm Springfield area Soniv so if you're near that area, look for a red sports car with SG stuff on the back. That'll be me lol.

Back