• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA New England thread - Not UK

Is anyone interested in Tekken Tag Tournament 2? I'm thinking of picking it up and practicing... and was curious if I'd have a sparing partner. I know @LordCeno spoke about being interested... anyone else?

Reactions: Uzumakihero
Tekken? That game doesn't even have air dashes.

Is anyone interested in Tekken Tag Tournament 2? I'm thinking of picking it up and practicing... and was curious if I'd have a sparing partner. I know @LordCeno spoke about being interested... anyone else?
There's a bit of a scene for Tekken in Boston, but those guys don't usually come to Game Underground.

@LordCeno and a few other people have played TT2 a few times together within the past few weeks. I tried it, and unfortunately it doesn't feel like a game that I'd be interested in learning :(

Yeah, I dabble in TTT2 though I'm not really any good. I'm currently at the point where I mash buttons to see what happens and am trying to figure out which particular mashes work well.

I played a lot of T2 and T3 and was fairly decent with King, though that's because I had his T2 chain throw memorized and nobody I played with knew the reversals/breaks.

I own a copy of TTT2 and bring it with me to GU whenever I have my PS3 (which is nearly always), so if you ever show up I'll play.

Reactions: Pandamanana
So, I was just talking about junk in the NC local thread, and was thinking about how many people they had, and then how many we got at GU. So I started making a list, and it's a bit bigger than I thought it'd be. Anyway, look, names!

Regulars

Icky
LordCeno
McPeanuts
Natezer
Zidiane

Played at least once and/or intending to play more

Alex Smith
Daydreaming Sorcerer
effullbao
GamesAndGoodies
Pandamanana
Rakurin
Revenant
TheDoctor
Timid Timmy
User
Uzumakihero
That one guy I played last week whose name I don't know, he has hair
That girl Lord Ceno told me about who wants to play Guilty Gear and Skullgirls

People spotted at GUTS II, status unkown

Phusauce
Sneakypete
TheIdiomatic
TheMetalFace

We have enough people form, like, a football team.

Alex Smith
I've known Alex for years and when he says he intends to play a game in the future, what this actually means is nothing.

effullbao
effullbao dropped the game for KOF and because I have a better Double/Painwheel.

Uzumakihero
Mike can't escape the city of Boston. We'll probably never see him again.

That one guy I played last week whose name I don't know, he has hair
Qusai? He had been telling me he was thinking of getting into the game, but I was sort of surprised to see that he actually did, given that a lot of people tell me that and they're usually liars. Who did he play?

People spotted at GUTS II, status unkown

Phusauce
Sneakypete
TheIdiomatic
TheMetalFace
GUTS II was the last place I saw any of these guys myself. Metal Face is from Connecticut so it's not like he can get up here very often. Idiomatic I think is another person trapped in Boston. No clue on the other two guys.

I've known Alex for years and when he says he intends to play a game in the future, what this actually means is nothing.
lol
effullbao dropped the game for KOF and because I have a better Double/Painwheel.
:(
Mike can't escape the city of Boston. We'll probably never see him again.
I'm sure he'll show up again with Sage.
Qusai? He had been telling me he was thinking of getting into the game, but I was sort of surprised to see that he actually did, given that a lot of people tell me that and they're usually liars. Who did he play?
He played me. Kidding, he played Filia. He said he was going to stick with one character to start, but he seemed impressed by assists.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
My friend ReallyBored keeps meaning to get down to GU (He lives just a few miles away), but one of his longtime loves is Mechwarrior, and is currently having his soul devoured by the Mechwarrior Online beta.

For what its worth, he seems to have taken an interest in Fortune.

snip
You forgot Deer, but probably because the two times he came were literally the only times that Nate, Zid, AND Peanuts weren't here. Unfortunately he's now in New York for school

You forgot Deer, but probably because the two times he came were literally the only times that Nate, Zid, AND Peanuts weren't here. Unfortunately he's now in New York for school
I did not even know there was such a person as Deer

Yeah, he showed up one week where it was Me, Ceno, Gamesandgoodies, and DaydreamingSorc, and then the week afterwards when it was just me and Ceno. I know one of those was APEX weekend, and I can't remember for the life of me why Zid and Nate didn't go up to GU with me either week haha.

The worst part about him showing up only twice, AND me being there was that I said I would play him both nights, but both times he had to leave right when I got freed up to play against him.
And I don't remember him playing Gamesandgoodies or DayDreamingSorc for whatever reason...so I think he ONLY got to play Ceno both nights he was there...

By joves, you've cracked the case!

Anyway, did it ever become known when GUTS3 was happening or where?

By joves, you've cracked the case!

Anyway, did it ever become known when GUTS3 was happening or where?
They haven't announced it yet. I have reason to believe Jamie is hard at work behind the scenes, though.

Wow, reading some of this, I don't feel nearly as bad about not having caught some of you. I guess it's good to know I'm not alone in the bad luck boat.

Just so yall know, FRFN is this Saturday. Can't promise the world, but if there's interest I can probably schedule my way there.

Just so yall know, FRFN is this Saturday. Can't promise the world, but if there's interest I can probably schedule my way there.
I'd be down for going!

I'm probably going to get to GU later than usual tonight. I know I said that last week but this week it's for realsies. Gonna still try to get there by at least 8.
I should be able to make it down for this.

Looks like I'll be going, then. It'll be a busy weekend, but I think it's worth it ;)

We going to Falls River again? Who wants that Chess Money Match?

Where are the Windjammer/Magical Drop 3 money matches?

I'll money match you in Aquapasta
Ugggg, lets go!

Also, peanuts, when the ps3 build drops or when it gets to the point where it has Big Band what're we gonna do about streaming? Do people know how to stream what's on the ps3?

Ugggg, lets go!

Also, peanuts, when the ps3 build drops or when it gets to the point where it has Big Band what're we gonna do about streaming? Do people know how to stream what's on the ps3?
I was sort of thinking we would just continue to use the PC version. Is that okay?

I was sort of thinking we would just continue to use the PC version. Is that okay?
Its fine either way. It isn't necessary to switch, but if the laptop thing doesnt work then streaming off the ps3 would bring back headsets, and you'd be able to do stuff on your computer like change names and type in chat or to steam people without interrupting the game. And the players would get to play fullscreen all the time.

Its fine either way. It isn't necessary to switch, but if the laptop thing doesnt work then streaming off the ps3 would bring back headsets, and you'd be able to do stuff on your computer like change names and type in chat or to steam people without interrupting the game. And the players would get to play fullscreen all the time.
Ah, that's a good point too. Anyways to answer your question I do have a capture device for PS3, so we could use that to stream. It's sorta wonky to use it with OBS if you want the overlay, but it is doable.

Hmm... well, hopefully everything works right, and it could just be a full upgrade without any repercussions or difficulty. If it acts funny we could always just say go back to the PC.

A few things @Pandamanana

1. What time is FRFN tonight?
2. Want me to give you a ride, or no? I'll be picking up Zid too, so you'll have to go to Pawtucket with me
and 3. Can you bring your 360 and KoF?

Actually I just checked Newenglandfgc.com because I remembered it exists. It says that FRFN is at 7, but it also has it listed as LAST Saturday and next Saturday, not tonight. Is the website just incorrect for the dates?

Woops. I forgot I had already made plans to play video games with a friend tonight, so I can't play video games with you friends tonight. My b. Have fun!

A few things @Pandamanana

1. What time is FRFN tonight?
2. Want me to give you a ride, or no? I'll be picking up Zid too, so you'll have to go to Pawtucket with me
and 3. Can you bring your 360 and KoF?
Yeah, it's tonight - the dates are on the Facebook page - 01/25
02/08
02/22
03/08
03/22

Also, yes I can bring my xbox and kof... I'll also be bringing my Ps2 and CvS2, can you bring your Ps2 stick? Also, I'd rather just drive myself, if you're picking up Zid. Finally, do you want me to bring my Laptop for SG or does it even matter since my laptop doesn't work with Ps3 pads?

I'd say yes to bringing your laptop, so we at least have a skullgirls setup. We can try and figure things out from there

haha, and I didn't even reply to the question of me bringing my ps2 stick, I can do that

Change of plans, Zid's not coming. Just you and me tonight Panda

I'm leaving in just a few, but i'm bringing The Doctor. We;'ll be there more than likely around 7:30, I'm going to bring my ps2 stick, Vampire Savior, and King Of Fighters XI for PS2

Change of plans, Zid's not coming. Just you and me tonight Panda
Do you still want an SG setup then or will my xbox and ps2 do?

We're here at game king, Gary is going to be late. @pandamana are you still showing up? Can you bring those setups if you are?

Tonight was fun! I'm planning on bringing KoF XI to more gatherings by the way, I think it's fun

Tonight was fun! I'm planning on bringing KoF XI to more gatherings by the way, I think it's fun

Yoooo, you don't know about my EX Kyo