• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Pokemon

Accidently K.O.'ing a Pokemon after trying to do as little damage as possible to catch it.
I remember in a Nuzlocke where my damn Omastar crit 4 potential captures all in succession when I was trying to tickle them to death. Two of those were killed by Constrict...

I remember in a Nuzlocke where my damn Omastar crit 4 potential captures all in succession when I was trying to tickle them to death. Two of those were killed by Constrict...

That Omastar Constricted those things like a motherfucker.

Rematch 15; still no knot.
I think I should do the whole contest thing instead >.>

You have finished the story, right? Elite Four, Delta Episode? I heard they only drop it after that. Got mine on the third rematch. You can also try resetting, I heard that can do the trick.

Why is the Destiny Knot important again?

To specify, it makes the baby inherit 5 IV from the parents instead of 3. That makes breeding Pokémon with perfect IV's much easier.

Oh...
It makes a complicated and time consuming process much less... complicated and time-consuming.

EDIT: Just realized that there's a loop on the Battle Resort... I feel dumb now for doing it manually all this time...

Last edited:
They seriously must have rised the shiny rate more then what has been said.
Was swimming to try finding a Skrelp. Instead, I found a Krabby, in solid gold.

The fun part is, it was the first Krabby I saw in this game :P

Holy crap, my team just got destroyed by an Eelektross. It could hit 5/6 of my Pokemon Super Effectively lol. Wish I had gotten a replay of that. I always forget how that thing has one of the best movepools ever.

If that thing got a Mega and kept Levitate, it would be terrifyingly amazing.

Does anybody know what a good moveset for Cosplay Pikachu would be?

I've been looking around and I can't seem to find one, and I want to make sure I get it right with a one time pokemon.

I've been thinking of breeding this male Liepard I found through Wondertrade (with Prankster of course), and then nicknaming the Purrloin that is born from the egg "Cher". I then would teach it Thief and Trick, and then essentially use it to screw around with someone's items. It would mainly be a joke, but it might have a use should I find myself in a Free For All format as well.

Should I choose to do this, would a Jolly nature be best to look for? Because I'm thinking it would.

Dr.Sanity said:
Does anybody know what a good moveset for Cosplay Pikachu would be?

Is it physical or special? I mean either way, it's holding a Light Ball, but that's still something to consider. (Yes, I have heard of and seen physical Pikachus. It's not that far out there.)

Is it physical or special? I mean either way, it's holding a Light Ball, but that's still something to consider. (Yes, I have heard of and seen physical Pikachus. It's not that far out there.)
Basically physical. I was going with the physical icicle crash/wild charge ice/electric combo with the Pikachu Belle form, with Brick Break on the side. Though it does have access to grass knot so I was thinking of using that. I was wondering what was the best nature on it so I can catch one of those synchronize Ralts from the beginning of the game for that 100% chance of same nature. Don't want to hassle with that and what perfect IV's it gets.

What do you mean heard of physical Pikachus? I thought that was the only reason to run Pikachu at this point. It's regular form gets the hardest physical electric attack of all time, it now gets the almost completely unresisted electric/ice combo in physical form, and its normal attack stat compared to special is 55 to 50, making it 110 to 100 when it gets a light ball to double its stats. I thought Raichu was better at running a special set?

Holy crap, my team just got destroyed by an Eelektross. It could hit 5/6 of my Pokemon Super Effectively lol. Wish I had gotten a replay of that. I always forget how that thing has one of the best movepools ever.

If that thing got a Mega and kept Levitate, it would be terrifyingly amazing.
The only reason it isn't freaking terrifying and overused is because of it's god awful stats... anything that hits it just demolishes it.

The same can be said about Malamar. Awesome ability, moves that compliment that ability... shit stats. And to top it off, it has a grand total of 0 resistances... Should only ever be switched in on Psychic moves lol.

The only reason it isn't freaking terrifying and overused is because of it's god awful stats... anything that hits it just demolishes it.

The same can be said about Malamar. Awesome ability, moves that compliment that ability... shit stats. And to top it off, it has a grand total of 0 resistances... Should only ever be switched in on Psychic moves lol.
I would'nt call 85/80/80 Defenses God awful. Granted I'm speaking from an RU perspective, cause it stands no chance anywhere higher.

I would'nt call 85/80/80 Defenses God awful. Granted I'm speaking from an RU perspective, cause it stands no chance anywhere higher.
Considering it has very few resistances, that's a pretty bad defensive spread. If it had more resistances, that would definitely be beneficial. It just doesn't fill a niche anywhere really...

Considering it has very few resistances, that's a pretty bad defensive spread. If it had more resistances, that would definitely be beneficial. It just doesn't fill a niche anywhere really...
It fills the niche of hitting with superpower, boosting its attack and defense, then repeating step 1. Really its biggest problems are special attackers and its speed.

It fills the niche of hitting with superpower, boosting its attack and defense, then repeating step 1. Really its biggest problems are special attackers and its speed.
Wait, are we talking about Eelektross or Malamar now?

Contrary is a dangerous ability. I saw a Contrary Shuckle with Shell Smash, Rest, a Lum Berry, Toxic and Infestation. The strategy is to just keep Shell Smashing until it becomes pretty much invincible, Rest if necessary, and then use Toxic and Infestation to whittle at the opponent's health. No matter what you could do to it, it would just keep living.

... Also, Leaf Storm-Contrary Serperior. That's pretty scary, too.

It would be pretty scary...if it was released...

It's not released? I could've sworn I saw it listed somewhere that Contrary was Serperior's Hidden Ability.

It's not released? I could've sworn I saw it listed somewhere that Contrary was Serperior's Hidden Ability.
It is Serperior's Hidden Ability, BUT it hasn't been officially released. It was discovered through hacking, kind of like how we found out about Hoopa and its alternate form.

That wasn't about Malamar?
Malamar's defenses aren't 85/80/80... They're all over the place.

But really, there's no use for Malamar. It's garbage simply because they had an awesome concept but ruined it with terrible typing and stats.

Finaly got the Destiny knot. Now time to breed my Gallade (becous you know, the wonder trade isn't filled with ralts >.>).
Just want your advice, what moves should my Gallade have?

He will have Impish nature and will be used for mega evolution. And I will mainly play double battles (I atm plan to use Dragalge, Zoroark and Milotic. The 2 spare parts? I don't know yet)!

I do want to keep Destiny bond on him becous I think it's a cool move and somewhat helpfull if anything goes wrong and a sacrifice is needed for all cost!

Finaly got the Destiny knot. Now time to breed my Gallade (becous you know, the wonder trade isn't filled with ralts >.>).
Just want your advice, what moves should my Gallade have?

He will have Impish nature and will be used for mega evolution. And I will mainly play double battles (I atm plan to use Dragalge, Zoroark and Milotic. The 2 spare parts? I don't know yet)!

I do want to keep Destiny bond on him becous I think it's a cool move and somewhat helpfull if anything goes wrong and a sacrifice is needed for all cost!
If you are making him dual offensive/support, as it sounds by your Nature and it being Doubles, Gallade actually has a lot of surprising utility for Doubles. For Offensive moves, I'd recommend Drain Punch and Zen Headbut/Psycho Cut for STAB, and Gallade actually has access to a load of great support moves for Doubles! Will O' Wisp, Destiny Bond, Wide Guard, Quick Guard, Reflect, Light Screen... the list goes on.

Reactions: +5 Necromancer
If you want support, Knock off is awesome. Destiny Bond can be useful but only on the surprise, Will-o-wisp sounds like it's necessary with dragagle and zoroark being rather frail on the physical defensive side. Also, could be used on your Milotic itself to activate wonder scale but Toxic does that as well.. Wide Gaurd will be especially useful in doubles.

Reactions: +5 Necromancer
Oh wow. I got a (99.9% sure) hacked eevee now.
Perfect IV, Shiny, Pokérus, nature: Modest, Ability: Anticipation!

Soo, shall I trade it in GTS or keep it? If keeping, what evolution?

Oh wow. I got a (99.9% sure) hacked eevee now.
Perfect IV, Shiny, Pokérus, nature: Modest, Ability: Anticipation!

Soo, shall I trade it in GTS or keep it? If keeping, what evolution?
If it's a legit hack then keep it because who the fuck cares?

Reactions: Denizen
Pretty sure you can't use hacked pokemon in tournoments.
Anyway, traded it away. Got a Zekrom (also hacked):PUN:

Anyone else here about the fake Gen 7 leaks? God, I'm glad it's obviously fake.

Pretty sure you can't use hacked pokemon in tournoments.
You can't but if you don't give it any properties that can't be obtained legitimately then there's no way to tell.
That would include the information on where its previous owner found it, the pokeball it's in, etc. that don't actually change anything about battles but can't be reproduced in-game.

I named my secret base "Play Skullgirls" with the subtitle being "No seriously"

Does anyone have a Mudkip to spare?

I want to complete the Hoenn-Dex on Omega Ruby, and found out that I have no Mudkip (or an Evolution of it for that matter) on a single Pokémon-game I own. I have the Dex-entry on several, but the dude is nowhere to be found.

Anyone can trade me one? Nature, IV's and stuff is totally unimportant, just need one to train so I have the entries. I can give you something else from Omega Ruby, just ask.

I need a treeko. I'll trade you a mudkip. Np.

0232 8319 4102. I have work in 15, but this should give you ample time to add me and I'll add you when I get home.

Can give you a Treeko, need to breed one first but no problem. When do you get home? Just asking because of the timezone-thingy, I may be awake for like 4 hours more then I'll go to bed.

And my code:

3222-5550-9608

I'm expecting to be home around midnight CST.

Okay, that would be around 7 in the morning here, I'm definitely sleeping there. Guess we can do this Sunday, just write me a message (or post here) when you have time to trade, I don't have anything big planned for Sunday.