• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Pokemon

Because they just don't freaking do that. Let's use some common-damn-sense right now. They COULD very easily add new designs, they COULD add in all these features that everyone wants, they COULD retcon a pokemon entirely but they fucking DON'T because it's smarter financially for the company. They're playing it safe by adding a new type, bringing back a few features, jerking off competitive players by making IV breeding so incredibly easy and appeasing to the customization people who are always bitching about how the main character isn't a design they like.

In terms of money, Gamefreak has got its share and have no reason whatsoever to put in new pokemon that aren't new megalutions or legendaries.
You're kidding, right? Anyone who doesn't see the financial possibilities of producing new pokemon within the same pokemon generation has no business talking about economics. If done correctly, new pokemon in the middle of a generation will make game freak millions upon millions more than pulling another special edition. Even if they just put extra pokemon in the special edition, that would make it sell a lot more than normal, because the special editions are usually only for hardcore fans and people who never bought the first games of that gen.

You guys just can't be happy with what you have :P It hurts me.
Not being happy with what you have is a great thing. It's the way humans make progress.
Why shouldn't we demand that game freak do something new? For once, nintendo is creating DLC, they're creating a cloud service, this is the first generation of pokemon where the graphics aren't half-assed... It's a first for a lot of things in pokemon, why not new pokemon in the same generation? There's really no reason for them not to aside from "We are Japanese and are therefore scared of this futuristic technology teleported here from the year 2008!"

You're kidding, right? Anyone who doesn't see the financial possibilities of producing new pokemon within the same pokemon generation has no business talking about economics. If done correctly, new pokemon in the middle of a generation will make game freak millions upon millions more than pulling another special edition. Even if they just put extra pokemon in the special edition, that would make it sell a lot more than normal, because the special editions are usually only for hardcore fans and people who never bought the first games of that gen.

Not being happy with what you have is a great thing. It's the way humans make progress.
Why shouldn't we demand that game freak do something new? For once, nintendo is creating DLC, they're creating a cloud service, this is the first generation of pokemon where the graphics aren't half-assed... It's a first for a lot of things in pokemon, why not new pokemon in the same generation? There's really no reason for them not to aside from "We are Japanese and are therefore scared of this futuristic technology teleported here from the year 2008!"

To that first paragraph, they don't care what you think unless it's bank-busting, law-suit type material. When Z comes out and we simply get new formes, new megalutions, maybe a new legendary pixie and a new city of some kind, and NO SIGN of another region, new pokemon/evolutions, I'm going to say I told you so and you're still going to mouth me off.

As for that second part there, You're totally right. I agree completely. Human progress is the result of not being satisfied with what we already have. I would like to believe that us vocal minorities who are unsatisfied with 69 new pokemon (And specifically leave out megalutions for some strange reason even though they are kind of evolutions...) have SOME kind of effect on Gamefreak's developmental schedule for pokemon but we just don't.

We got Pokesafari which give us pokemon with TWO PERFECT IV stats! IV breeding has never been easier!
We got Super Training which let us fully EV train a pokemon without needing to enter a single battle!
We got Player customization which allows us to be fabulous as fuck!
We got a brand new type that brings about a whole new strategy for gameplay that we can tweak with!
We got MODELS and battle templates that look AWESOME!

WHY are you not happy with this? Because it COULD be better? Way to be vain.

So guys.
Question
Would you rather haaaaaaaave.
Pokemon X & Y 2
Or Pokemon Z?

Z, cause the story wasn't done well enough to stand on it's own to go the XY2 route.

Z, cause the story wasn't done well enough to stand on it's own to go the XY2 route.
the fact theres a legendary with a Z name motif makes me believe that it will go the BW route with sequels if they do make some.

the fact theres a legendary with a Z name motif makes me believe that it will go the BW route with sequels if they do make some.

But what about the Diamond Pearl route? That's highly plausible too.

But what about the Diamond Pearl route? That's highly plausible too.
that could be possible, but what would be the motiff for a sequel series if it does go the diamond pearl route?

To that first paragraph, they don't care what you think unless it's bank-busting, law-suit type material. When Z comes out and we simply get new formes, new megalutions, maybe a new legendary pixie and a new city of some kind, and NO SIGN of another region, new pokemon/evolutions, I'm going to say I told you so and you're still going to mouth me off.

As for that second part there, You're totally right. I agree completely. Human progress is the result of not being satisfied with what we already have. I would like to believe that us vocal minorities who are unsatisfied with 69 new pokemon (And specifically leave out megalutions for some strange reason even though they are kind of evolutions...) have SOME kind of effect on Gamefreak's developmental schedule for pokemon but we just don't.

We got Pokesafari which give us pokemon with TWO PERFECT IV stats! IV breeding has never been easier!
We got Super Training which let us fully EV train a pokemon without needing to enter a single battle!
We got Player customization which allows us to be fabulous as fuck!
We got a brand new type that brings about a whole new strategy for gameplay that we can tweak with!
We got MODELS and battle templates that look AWESOME!

WHY are you not happy with this? Because it COULD be better? Way to be vain.
For the first part, I agree. I don't think they'll do it. A new region is plausible, but I don't think they're going to do any new pokemon. Because honestly, I don't have a lot of faith in nintendo anymore. I love them to bits, though, and that's why I wish they would stop being such a stick in the mud.
I'm not arguing that they're going to do it. That would be a silly argument- there's no solid evidence to support either side, so that's just pointless. I'm arguing they would be stupid not to, because it's better for everyone involved.

And I'm happy with that stuff, but that's no reason that they can't continue to better themselves. It's not like there's some arbitrary line we have to draw as a fandom where they need to stop making obvious improvements to their games based on methods that have proven to insanely profitable. "There's this thing that we could use that would make our fans happy and bring in five times as much profit as we've made in the past! Too bad we've already improved too much and made too much money this generation, if our games get too good and profitable we'll all go bankrupt!"

The bottom line is: This is the future of pokemon. This is the direction they have to be moving towards in the future, otherwise everyone else will be growing around them and making more money and nintendo will be sitting there refusing to do things that everyone knows will work from years of it being the standard way to make this sort of game. If they wait too long, they'll fade into irrelevancy. So what the hell are they waiting for?

I don't know if Zygarde really means anything anymore. If anything, there's 2 instances of the legendary signifying that the next game will be an SE (Rayquaza and Giratina) and 1 instance of it signifying a sequel.

the main problem is that you and crayolan are almost bashing the game for not doing this. you are free to say what you would like to see in future installments, or would have liked to see, but please say it in a way that it doesnt come off as bashing the game. X/Y are great installments to the pokemon franchise and it brought so much more new stuff to the table. If we all went by the "its great but could have been better" mentality then we would never be pleased with anything.

no one is saying you should lie down and take it, but its not the designers fault if they didn't put things you would have liked to see.

the main problem is that you and crayolan are almost bashing the game for not doing this. you are free to say what you would like to see in future installments, or would have liked to see, but please say it in a way that it doesnt come off as bashing the game. X/Y are great installments to the pokemon franchise and it brought so much more new stuff to the table. If we all went by the "its great but could have been better" mentality then we would never be pleased with anything.

no one is saying you should lie down and take it, but its not the designers fault if they didn't put things you would have liked to see.

I'm not bashing the game for not doing this, I'm talking about what future games might do. I never stated these are definite happenings, just possibilities. Though I have to admit, I do feel XY could be better in a few areas.

I'm not bashing the game for not doing this, I'm talking about what future games might do. I never stated these are definite happenings, just possibilities. Though I have to admit, I do feel XY could be better in a few areas.
thats fine. sorry for lumping you two together.

thats fine. sorry for lumping you two together.
I never said I hated xy either. In fact I'm extremely pleased with it. For a long time pokemon was starting to feel like a series that was continuously successful simply because there's no other game just like it, with generation 4 in particular barely improving on its past iterations at all.
It's a step in the right direction, but it's not that much to ask them to go further in that direction when the opportunity is there, it wouldn't be particularly hard to do when compared to the alternative, it would make a lot of people happy (with a vocal minority of naysayers that are against DLC in all forms because this one company did it poorly therefore it's a concept that can never be done correctly) and it would make them a lot of money.

Also, I want to point something out about that marriland video - it was never considered whether the other region is actually referring to trading from a Hoenn remake, particularly in regard to the berry thing. I really don't want that to be it, because frankly I would adore a brand new region in the special edition or sequel or what have you whereas I'm kind of dreading a Hoenn remake, but at the same time it's probably more likely. Not to mention they could do a whole thing with a new generation and then patch the old games to allow free trading between them rather than all the weird ways they've done it in the past.

Not to mention they could do a whole thing with a new generation and then patch the old games to allow free trading between them rather than all the weird ways they've done it in the past.

No, we already know how they're doing it, they're using Pokebank. Besides, DS games can't get DLC.

No, we already know how they're doing it, they're using Pokebank. Besides, DS games can't get DLC.
No, I'm referring to theoretical gen 7.

Also, anyone else dissapointed that...
That Phantump (Which is basically a Skull Kid)'s evolution isn't Majora's Mask inspired?

I don't have New Leaf (yet), but I'm just gonna go ahead and leave this here since I know a lot of people do:
tumblr_mv3yr4casv1qzzd1lo1_1280.png

tumblr_mv3yr4casv1qzzd1lo2_1280.png

ku-xlarge.jpg

tumblr_mv3yr4casv1qzzd1lo4_1280.png

I don't have New Leaf (yet), but I'm just gonna go ahead and leave this here since I know a lot of people do:
tumblr_mv3yr4casv1qzzd1lo1_1280.png

tumblr_mv3yr4casv1qzzd1lo2_1280.png

ku-xlarge.jpg

tumblr_mv3yr4casv1qzzd1lo4_1280.png
That.... was absolutely heart-wrenching... I think I have to re-think my priorities...

You guys just gave me a reason not to buy animal crossing. I couldn't bear to abandon the characters and when I played it again anything bad in the city would be my fault for not playing it daily.

And don't forget that if you've played Gamecube or DS Animal Crossing...
How long have you been leaving them to rot?

And don't forget that if you've played Gamecube or DS Animal Crossing...
How long have you been leaving them to rot?

Who cares, those games don't have Isabelle.

There should have a "departure ceremony" event where you leave the town, there appears a "the end" screen, you get your final score and then you can always come back in an endless mode.

Just like harvest moon or rune factory

There should have a "departure ceremony" event where you leave the town, there appears a "the end" screen, you get your final score and then you can always come back in an endless mode.

Just like harvest moon or rune factory

>Final Score
>Animal Crossing

New.png

SHINY MURKROW! HELL YEAH! HONCHO* IS BACK IN ACTION! (also got it in a horde, so it should have the hidden ability)

*Honcho was the name of my first honchkrow. I do like stylish and imposing bird. and makes a good pair with my Pangoro (the Mafia boss and top Henchman.)

Now, just out of sheer curiosity. Do shiny pokémon have better IVs than normal ones? or they can suck more than a normal pokémon?

SHINY MURKROW! HELL YEAH! HONCHO* IS BACK IN ACTION! (also got it in a horde, so it should have the hidden ability)

*Honcho was the name of my first honchkrow. I do like stylish and imposing bird. and makes a good pair with my Pangoro (the Mafia boss and top Henchman.)

Now, just out of sheer curiosity. Do shiny pokémon have better IVs than normal ones? or they can suck more than a normal pokémon?
shinys are just asthetic. they have no advantages or disadvantages. I have been lucky with my shinies though. I've got the perfect natures for both my Darmanitan (jolly) and my Oddish (Modest)

Finally figured out how to connect to my College's internet on a 3DS! So now I can finally post this:

dxMSxwJ.png

Farfetch'd was pretty cool at the start, but by the end he was kind of useless. And I still wish I chose Greninja over Delphox. But I absolutely loved using the other 4. It'll be hard to specifically try to not use them in Z.

Hmmm...
Did they get a new artist for some of the Pokemon designs?
I kidna noticed it on Buldapedia, but now I'm REALLY seeing...
It's not bad, it's really colorful and cute!

I think they look different because haven't released all the art from the person who usually does all the official art, Ken Sugimori.

Now, I'm guessing you got that Hall of Fame picture by linking to Game Sync, am I correct?

It's strange that I've never gotten a Shiny pokemon aside from Red Gyrados.
But I got the fucking Pokerus in Diamond & Pearl which is even rarer.

I think they look different because haven't released all the art from the person who usually does all the official art, Ken Sugimori.

Now, I'm guessing you got that Hall of Fame picture by linking to Game Sync, am I correct?

Pokemon Global Link->Game Sync->Profile->Logbook
It'll be in your timeline (likely under a ton of medals).

So guys.
I gave all the customization and costumes a look...
And/..... The Boys definitely are gimped, it just looks...so bland compared to the girl outfits.
So I think I'm gonna be a girl trainer this time.
I'd rather be a cute and adorable as shit girl, than a bland as fuck male protagonist.

Back