• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Pokemon

Nope. As far as starters go, it's just the Kanto starters and Blaziken.

I wish there were more pokemon that got mega-evolutions.

poor torkoal....

I hope they actually utilize the 3ds to start doing content patches/DLC. More mega evolutions, actually hidden event legendaries rather than ones that are already on the cartridge, etc.

That's actually a really good set. Parafusion is a great strategy, and the fact that Swagger will boost the power of Foul Play is just awesome! For your fourth move you can choose between another status move, like spikes, or another attack like Play Rough for more offense.
I would use draining kiss before play rough tbh.
But Klefki really needs some more moves. Taunt, Stealth Rocks, Defog, Parting Shot... I hope it gets these from egg moves/Pokemon Z's inevitable advanced move tutor.
Edit: Also, use Substitute for the last move. It's the Liepard set, just 100x more annoying since even if you break the substitute klefki won't die in one hit.

I think they upped the Shiny odds in X/Y. I got a shiny Solosis when I was hunting for a Carbink with a decent nature. ^^;

As for Megas I'd pick, hrm... Exeggcutor, Farfetch'd, Altaria, Miltank, or Slaking.

I would love Slaking to actually be viable again somehow.
They upped the odds but not through actually forcing the rng to give you more, you just see way more pokemon due to swarms.
If Slaking had any other ability he would be ridiculously OP. They would basically have to make his mega a completely different pokemon.

Last edited:
Mega Shuckle that way he could actually take a hit or move faster whichever gets power trick to work and lets him attack right after.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
I have all the clothing in Y Version so far, some new stuff everyday since it's randomized.

If Slaking had any other ability he would be ridiculously OP. They would basically have to make his mega a completely different pokemon.

True. Though I think it'd be funny if his Mega upgrade was that he took every third turn off instead of every second turn. That way he wouldn't be so completely trivialized by switch-ins or Protect/Detect. I'm just fond of him so him being so bargain-bin tier is sad. :P

I'm honestly expecting them to parade out more Megas and/or legendaries in the next month or two. Torchic month is half over.

Remember that thing I said about event legendaries? Well apparently the GTS registers these as existing pokemon:
tumblr_mv3c6gX4T71r8sc3ro1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mv3c6gX4T71r8sc3ro2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mv3c6gX4T71r8sc3ro3_1280.jpg
Somehow Serebii knew the types, since they had a short-lived pokedex entry on them. Diancie is Rock/Fairy, Hoopa is Psychic/Ghost, Volcanion is Water/Fire.

Well guys I got sick of the stupid roaming pokemon bs and looked it up. It's worse than previous gens:

You only get 1 legendary bird, determined by which starter you chose. As soon as you beat the E4 for the first time, your bird starts randomly roaming. Every time you run into it, it'll run away instantly, before you can do anything. You can track it with the pokedex, but movement is a lot more turned against you this gen; it will only move if you move toward it, route or city wise, and every time you step into the route it's on, there's a chance it'll jump across the map. Every time you use fly, it'll jump to a random spot on the map, likely away from where you flew. According to Serebii, once you run into your bird 12 times, only then will it go to the Sea Spirit's Den for you to catch it. Ugh.

Somehow Serebii knew the types, since they had a short-lived pokedex entry on them. Diancie is Rock/Fairy, Hoopa is Psychic/Ghost, Volcanion is Water/Fire.

Give me this. Now.
These seem more likely to be scrapped Pokemon, which is a shame considering there are only 70 or so new pokemon this gen. I highly doubt they would add new pokemon to the pokedex in the middle of a gen. These Pokemon could potentially appear in Gen 7 though. Diancie was probably an evolution to Carbink, who could've really used one. Hoopa sounds pretty cool too. And Volcanion I would use in instant, that typing is awesome.

Water/Fire? I was throwing that type around in my head the other day, thinking of how cool it would be.

These seem more likely to be scrapped Pokemon, which is a shame considering there are only 70 or so new pokemon this gen. I highly doubt they would add new pokemon to the pokedex in the middle of a gen. These Pokemon could potentially appear in Gen 7 though. Diancie was probably an evolution to Carbink, who could've really used one. Hoopa sounds pretty cool too. And Volcanion I would use in instant, that typing is awesome.
The thing is, though, their numbers come after all the regularly found pokemon. So if they're scrapped, game freak knew their code was still there and couldn't be arsed to take the 30 seconds delete them, instead taking the 30 seconds to move them to the end of the pokedex.

The other thing is that gamefreak makes a ton of scrapped pokemon designs. So it would be strange for a couple of them to make it that far and then get scrapped at the last moment. Nothing like that has happened in other gens, and with the way 3ds memory is encrypted it's entirely plausible that these are event pokemon we can't see until someone hacks the game.

Also, it's feasible that the pokedex could change in the middle of a generation. Why not? Adding new pokemon in dlc packs would be great, and it's the first time they're working with a system that can support that sort of thing. And we know nintendo isn't entirely afraid of dlc anymore, because fire emblem awakening went crazy with it. Of course, if it's something like a new mega evo or pokemon per week, the metagame would be changing so constantly that it would never really get situated in one spot... But I would expect them to be very hesitant towards new stuff like this, so I'm not too worried about it.
Although I don't think gamefreak will do it. I mean, they could have done pokebank a long time ago if they actually wanted to, but now they're coming out with it like a cloud that can hold 10 megabytes of information for you is something new.

On a side note, Hoopa = this gen's mew?

Last edited:
I just realized something. Over all of the generations of Pokemon, it looks like the sprites for Snorlax in order is him getting up.
tumblr_mv3ffuQslK1rljb9to1_1280.png

Ladies and gentleman, it took this pokemon six generations to stand.

Only Slaking can understand this level of slackery.

Who has any of the following at LV1 with no stat altering changes...
Scraggy/Brave Nature/Intimidate
Larvesta/Timid Nature/Flame Body
Magikarp/Adamant/Intimidate
Heatran/Modest/Flash Fire

Than shot in the dark... who has any of these untouched... so you got them but never leveled them up?

Beldum, or Metang, or Metagross/Adamant/Clear Body
Cresselia/Sassy or Relaxed/Levitate

Who has any of the following at LV1 with no stat altering changes...
Scraggy/Brave Nature/Intimidate
Larvesta/Timid Nature/Flame Body
Magikarp/Adamant/Intimidate
Heatran/Modest/Flash Fire

Than shot in the dark... who has any of these untouched... so you got them but never leveled them up?

Beldum, or Metang, or Metagross/Adamant/Clear Body
Cresselia/Sassy or Relaxed/Levitate
I have a larvesta, I can breed until I get a timid/flame body one if you have some good stuff. I actually have a friend safari with larvesta so it wouldn't take too long to breed a perfect IV larvesta, might do that eventually since with the new breeding mechanics after I breed one larvesta that belongs to the master race I can breed as many as I want. I was going to wait until a good IV calculator is released, though, because fuck the judge guy, he's too vague.

100% sure you cannot obtain Heatran or Cresselia until the pokebank opens.
Pretty sure that you cannot get metagross until the pokebank opens. I may be wrong though, he might be a friend safari pokemon.

Yeh

I got...

LV62 Delphox Adamant/Blaze (M)
LV62 Lucario with Mega Thing Hasty/Steadfast (M)
LV58 Xerneas Brave/Fairy Aura
LV71 Blaziken with Mega Thing Naughty/Speed Boost (M)
LV60 Charizard with Mega Thing Hasty/Blaze (M)
LV57 Lapra Docile/Water Absorb (F)

This is just my hall of fame game team... I'm willing to trade any of these for what I listed... I know its shitty doe...
The only other pokemon I even caught were...

LV58 Haunter Naive/Levitate (F) (Untouched)
LV31 Haunter Docile/Levitate (F) (Untouched)
LV46 Snorlax Bold/Immunity (M)
LV27 Florges Hasty/Flower Veil
This is literally all I have :( if you need anything or are interested in a Paypal kinda thing though lemme know.Also... how do IV's work? I've been on Showdown and I'm not hip.

Kalos may not be Gen 6's only region...

If you're too lazy to watch the whole video, start from 7:30.
@Horseman This might back up your theory as well.

I've been thinking for a while, and I wanted to say this.
Pokemon X and Y did introduce some pretty neat abilities (refrigerate, stance change, tough claws, etc.), but I was wondering what everyone else could come up with. Nothing much, just to start an interesting discussion.

For example, Sleepwalk: a Pokemon, when asleep, can still attack normally.

I've been thinking for a while, and I wanted to say this.
Pokemon X and Y did introduce some pretty neat abilities (refrigerate, stance change, tough claws, etc.), but I was wondering what everyone else could come up with. Nothing much, just to start an interesting discussion.

but wouldn't that make snore a completely obsolete move then? and what about insomnia?

the only thing I could think of is a little extra buff for ice types. they are so gimped.

Give me this. Now.
These seem more likely to be scrapped Pokemon, which is a shame considering there are only 70 or so new pokemon this gen.

The thing is, if you toggle the option to not view trades that involve legendary pokemon, you won't get search results for them anymore, indicating that they are most likely event legendary.

The thing is, if you toggle the option to not view trades that involve legendary pokemon, you won't get search results for them anymore, indicating that they are most likely event legendary.

Yea I've thought about this more and you guys are probably right. Until the 3DS can be hacked into there's no way to know exactly how many pokemon are currently in the pokedex. And since the pokedex is impossible to complete until Poke Bank is released, you cant use Professor Sycamore to check if there really are only 718 pokemon.

but wouldn't that make snore a completely obsolete move then? and what about insomnia?

the only thing I could think of is a little extra buff for ice types. they are so gimped.
Snore would be obsolete. . . for that 1 (or few more) pokemon that gets it. Does Insomnia even let you use rest? I thought that it just stopped a Pokemon from falling asleep.

It would basically just say "But it failed!" and nothing happens.

It's like a Limber Ditto using King's Shield as an Aegislash. It just doesn't happen.

Lotsa people thinking there's gonna be more Pokemon in Pokemon X & Y 2 or Z or whatever they end up doing.

They don't add new pokemon. They just add new forms. Most I can imagine they do is give Zygarde a new forme and give the other popular starters megaevolutions. Maybe Mega Scizor

Lotsa people thinking there's gonna be more Pokemon in Pokemon X & Y 2 or Z or whatever they end up doing.
I doubt there will be a Z since there was a legendary with Z in its name.

They don't add new pokemon. They just add new forms. Most I can imagine they do is give Zygarde a new forme and give the other popular starters megaevolutions. Maybe Mega Scizor

there already is a MegaScizor.

I got...

LV62 Delphox Adamant/Blaze (M)
LV62 Lucario with Mega Thing Hasty/Steadfast (M)
LV58 Xerneas Brave/Fairy Aura
LV71 Blaziken with Mega Thing Naughty/Speed Boost (M)
LV60 Charizard with Mega Thing Hasty/Blaze (M)
LV57 Lapra Docile/Water Absorb (F)

This is just my hall of fame game team... I'm willing to trade any of these for what I listed... I know its shitty doe...
The only other pokemon I even caught were...

LV58 Haunter Naive/Levitate (F) (Untouched)
LV31 Haunter Docile/Levitate (F) (Untouched)
LV46 Snorlax Bold/Immunity (M)
LV27 Florges Hasty/Flower Veil
This is literally all I have :( if you need anything or are interested in a Paypal kinda thing though lemme know.Also... how do IV's work? I've been on Showdown and I'm not hip.
A legendary? For a larvesta with the nature you want? I mean, larvesta's kind of rare since he's friend safari only, but... I think that might be a little bit much...
If you just want the nature, I can handle that pretty quickly. If you also want one with 31/31/31/x/31/31 IV's I can probably do that too. Since you don't have any pokemon I really want, I would be satisfied with you just attaching some of the battle maison items to some pokemon you don't care about and trading those around.
Although, if you can get any of these pokemon, I would take them too:
Chansey (Preferably w/ Natural Cure)
Forretress (Preferably w/ Sturdy)
Excadrill (w/ Mold Breaker)
(And if they have quasi-perfect IV's then I'll take a wide array of old OU or pretty much guaranteed to be OU pokemon, like aegislash, dragonite, skarmory, etc.)

If you want to know about IV's, well... they're basically just the potential each pokemon has in each stat, on a scale from 0-31. So a Charizard with 31 IVs and 252 EVs in speed would go much faster than one with 0 IVs and 252 EVs. The actual difference terms is like 50ish, although it depends on the stat... basically, though, if you have more IV's in a stat then that stat is higher. That's all you really need to know. If you were asking about breeding, you can probably find some other guide that explains it better than I would, but I will say that while, in previous generations, it depended a ridiculous amount on random numbers, it's now very doable thanks to destiny knot and the friend safari. So if you were afraid to try it out in previous gens but want to go for it now, I would definitely take a shot at it.

That would be ridiculous on any pokemon with good bulk and rest.
I mean, there are pokemon that are very successful with a rest + sleep talk set. This is sleep talk if you can choose your best move, circumvent the 1/3 chance of using rest again, and get an extra move slot.

Still, why can't they add new pokemon? Because they haven't in the past?
They could easily set a much better precedent here by actually advancing the series to forget this kind of stuff. In the past they had to use a generational format because they couldn't patch your game to include the new pokemon the next game brought in. Now that they can, why not actually utilize it? A new region with new pokemon in it would be awesome.

Still, why can't they add new pokemon? Because they haven't in the past?
They could easily set a much better precedent here by actually advancing the series to forget this kind of stuff. In the past they had to use a generational format because they couldn't patch your game to include the new pokemon the next game brought in. Now that they can, why not actually utilize it? A new region with new pokemon in it would be awesome.

Because they just don't freaking do that. Let's use some common-damn-sense right now. They COULD very easily add new designs, they COULD add in all these features that everyone wants, they COULD retcon a pokemon entirely but they fucking DON'T because it's smarter financially for the company. They're playing it safe by adding a new type, bringing back a few features, jerking off competitive players by making IV breeding so incredibly easy and appeasing to the customization people who are always bitching about how the main character isn't a design they like.

In terms of money, Gamefreak has got its share and have no reason whatsoever to put in new pokemon that aren't new megalutions or legendaries.

Because they just don't freaking do that. Let's use some common-damn-sense right now. They COULD very easily add new designs, they COULD add in all these features that everyone wants, they COULD retcon a pokemon entirely but they fucking DON'T because it's smarter financially for the company. They're playing it safe by adding a new type, bringing back a few features, jerking off competitive players by making IV breeding so incredibly easy and appeasing to the customization people who are always bitching about how the main character isn't a design they like.

In terms of money, Gamefreak has got its share and have no reason whatsoever to put in new pokemon that aren't new megalutions or legendaries.

1. Release Z with 70 new pokemon, a new region, and Kalos as post game content.
2. Use the magic of DLC to insert these new pokemon into X and Y.
3. Reach ludicrous sales numbers.

I'd roll with that.

How do you see the iv of the pokémon?

That's basically a new generation XD but really, that isn't even remotely feasible.

Dude in Kiloude City's Pokemon Center who tells you how the stats are laid across your pokemon. He tells you how good they are, not specific numbers, though here's a general understanding of what he means:

"THis stat... simply can't be beat!" = 31 IV in that stat (Best)
"this stat is simply fantastic" = 20-30 IV in that stat
And you shouldn't bother with anything lower. Great thing about this guy is he tells you if a stat is REALLY bad so that you don't go thinking the pokemon has all around awesome IVs

"You aren't going to get anywhere with a stat like that" = 0-5 IV in a stat

Guy in Kiloude City pokemon center tells you what ivs your pokemon excels in, or has maxed. Traits will also give you an idea about one of their IV's.

Edit: @above I dont see why not. In the modern day with the 3DS capable of such things, it definitely a possibility to have 2 new regions in 1 generation.

Guy in Kiloude City pokemon center tells you what ivs your pokemon excels in, or has maxed. Traits will also give you an idea about one of their IV's.

Edit: @above I dont see why not. In the modern day with the 3DS capable of such things, it definitely a possibility to have 2 new regions in 1 generation.

You guys just can't be happy with what you have :P It hurts me.