• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Pokemon

What I fear is not absurd hacked pokémon, just iv maxed things flooding the GTS, if it is possible to catch close to perfect creatures in the wild and hatch perfect pokémon, making them in a program, sending to a bw2 save and then poké bank is easy too
I think the percentage of legit pokemon is going to rise a LOT in this gen. There still need to be some changes, but the fact that you could breed a decent pokemon from scratch in an hour or two is amazing.
But, in order for hacking to almost entirely cease, we still need some more changes. In particular, legendaries should always have perfect IV's (with some event legendaries having different spreads for different sets, like one with 0 speed for trick room or 0 Attack for people who are paranoid about foul play.) That's the big one. The other thing is that you should never have to IV breed in a game where IV breeding is a pain in the ass just to get an exclusive move onto a pokemon, like getting seismic toss on Blissey.
Although it's kind of amazing that gamefreak has managed to make breeding so annoying that tons of people will buy $10-15 hacking devices just to not have to do it. They could make a lot of money if they wanted to whore themselves out. I can see it now... One time use device that lets you set pokemon's IV's to anything you want for $5 on the eshop.

WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR THAT?
I donno, what do you have? 4+ 31 IV dittos? Other semi-perfect pokemon? Something that is equivalent in worth to a well bred Scyther?

srslytho, someone gimme dat Fennekin.

I donno, what do you have? 4+ 31 IV dittos? Other semi-perfect pokemon? Something that is equivalent in worth to a well bred Scyther?

I got boxes full of 4-5 perfect IVed pokemon. I specifically bred a lot of really good Woopers so that I could transfer IVs to a vast majority of pokemon. You get the Field group which has many diverse pokemon (including Scrafty who can breed for dragons) and the Water 1 group (Which is the largest I believe water group and can transfer over to bug as well through Surskit). Wooper's just awesome in general.

And Quagsire's derp face is funny as all hell.
Quagsire_is_Happy_by_Kota12.png

EDIT: Also, my friend safari is Normal and my friend told me I have Ditto. There's that too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jutsei
You have a Ditto!?
Awesome

I THINK I DO. My friend told me I did, but he could be just fuckin with me.

They REALLY could've benefitted from having a dude in the friend safari place that, through the use of some bullshit psychic power (similar to the IV checker), could tell you wtf your friend safari is.

Like "You know, off in some distant land, people who are friends with you probably are seeing Normal type pokemon in the safari. Specifically, Farfetch'd, Jigglypuff and Bibarel. Safaris like those... they simply can't be beat!"

Reactions: Jutsei
@Sadistic Cyanide I can send you a Fennekin now if you are ready for one

Also where is the destiny knot? I checked Cyllage city or whatever and talked to everyone like Serebii told me to and nothing :/

@Sadistic Cyanide I can send you a Fennekin now if you are ready for one

Also where is the destiny knot? I checked Cyllage city or whatever and talked to everyone like Serebii told me to and nothing :/
There are two in game:

1. Cyllage City Hotel, Second floor, maid standing near the stairs.
2. Back alley beauty in Lumiose, Whines to you about losing the love of her life, defeat her in battle, gives a destiny knot.

Cyllage city hotel is to the northwest of the boutique (Has the gold sign above the door)

Oh... Thanks I actually found the first after I posted but I didn't know there were two that's awesome.

@Stuff I didn't check back, oops. omgyesI'llberightthere. I don't have anything to give you in return...

I got boxes full of 4-5 perfect IVed pokemon. I specifically bred a lot of really good Woopers so that I could transfer IVs to a vast majority of pokemon. You get the Field group which has many diverse pokemon (including Scrafty who can breed for dragons) and the Water 1 group (Which is the largest I believe water group and can transfer over to bug as well through Surskit). Wooper's just awesome in general.

And Quagsire's derp face is funny as all hell.

EDIT: Also, my friend safari is Normal and my friend told me I have Ditto. There's that too.
Wooper is a strange one. I mean, you could have just bred magikarp who have 1/5 the hatching time and passed to water 3 or dragons. Plus you actually would have gotten a genuinely great pokemon out of the deal. Although I guess wooper is decent in LC, so there's that.
Not that I was any smarter, considering I started with larvesta because "you can only find them in the friend safari, so they must be rare, right? So I'll get a lot of trades off of them, right?" Well I had horrible RNG luck, and he takes 10,000 steps to hatch, and he's only in one egg group, and someone else mass produced them before I finished so 3/4 of the traders on smogon already have them. Fun fun fun.
Anyway, what non-quagsire pokemon did you breed? In particular, did you make any male mawile? Because I need a father for my Chansey and I might as well get a cool mega evolving pokemon in the process.
Oh yeah, everyone, @Dr.Sanity has Chansey in his safari zone! Everyone barrage him with friend requests!

I thought you said you had a Froakie? Well it's okay if you don't I guess.

I'm just going to make a list of who's who in the friend safari (well, at least the one's that added me)
By 3DS names
Duke
Snorunt, Bergmite, ?

Azza
Drowzee, Espurr, ?

Jslip
Spearow, Tranquill, ?

Stuff
Mankey, Panchem, ?

Dan
Wooper, Nincada, ?

derek
Shuppet, Pumpkaboo, ?

Rakurin
Pachirisu, Helioptile, ?

Jamarrie
Mightyena, Sneasel, ?

Trevor
Delibird, Bergmite, Cloyster

DMoney
Krabby, Quagsire, ?

Archimedes
Snorunt, Bergmite, ?

Dr. Sanity
Lilipup, Kecleon, ?

If you put your info into the 3DS friend code page, I already added you, and mine should be right under this.
FYI The last one is inkay get a contrary malamar and enjoy

@Stuff CRAP! I do have one. Get back on and I'l give ya one.

Wooper is a strange one. I mean, you could have just bred magikarp who have 1/5 the hatching time and passed to water 3 or dragons. Plus you actually would have gotten a genuinely great pokemon out of the deal. Although I guess wooper is decent in LC, so there's that.
Not that I was any smarter, considering I started with larvesta because "you can only find them in the friend safari, so they must be rare, right? So I'll get a lot of trades off of them, right?" Well I had horrible RNG luck, and he takes 10,000 steps to hatch, and he's only in one egg group, and someone else mass produced them before I finished so 3/4 of the traders on smogon already have them. Fun fun fun.
Anyway, what non-quagsire pokemon did you breed? In particular, did you make any male mawile? Because I need a father for my Chansey and I might as well get a cool mega evolving pokemon in the process.
Oh yeah, everyone, @Dr.Sanity has Chansey in his safari zone! Everyone barrage him with friend requests!

Alrighty then! If you don't want Wooper then I could get you a Mawile (Since an IRL friend of mine has a mawile in the safari). Would you like me to breed Perfect IVs onto it for you? Any particular set you're looking for? I might as well train it for you. Just let me know.

Rellek only has Lillipup Kecleon and Smeargle no ditto :/ but smeargle is cool so fuck yeah.

I'm just going to make a list of who's who in the friend safari (well, at least the one's that added me)
By 3DS names
Duke
Snorunt, Bergmite, ?

Azza
Drowzee, Espurr, ?

Jslip
Spearow, Tranquill, ?

Stuff
Mankey, Panchem, ?

Dan
Wooper, Nincada, ?

derek
Shuppet, Pumpkaboo, ?

Rakurin
Pachirisu, Helioptile, ?

Jamarrie
Mightyena, Sneasel, ?

Trevor
Delibird, Bergmite, Cloyster

DMoney
Krabby, Quagsire, ?

Archimedes
Snorunt, Bergmite, ?

Dr. Sanity
Lilipup, Kecleon, ?

If you put your info into the 3DS friend code page, I already added you, and mine should be right under this.

Mt Fc is 0232 8319 4102

Rellek only has Lillipup Kecleon and Smeargle no ditto :/ but smeargle is cool so fuck yeah.

Oh! That's good to know. So my friend was lying to me. That's awesome.

Alrighty then! If you don't want Wooper then I could get you a Mawile (Since an IRL friend of mine has a mawile in the safari). Would you like me to breed Perfect IVs onto it for you? Any particular set you're looking for? I might as well train it for you. Just let me know.
Adamant and 31/31/31/x/31/31 IV's, please. Or all perfect IV's if you want to be even cooler.
Also, since smogon is down I have no idea if any of these moves are egg moves, but:
Swords Dance
Sucker Punch
Play Rough
Ice Punch? Iron Head? I don't know, some good physical attack goes right here.

I don't think any of those are egg moves, but what do I know?

Adamant and 31/31/31/x/31/31 IV's, please. Or all perfect IV's if you want to be even cooler.
Also, since smogon is down I have no idea if any of these moves are egg moves, but:
Swords Dance
Sucker Punch
Play Rough
Ice Punch? Iron Head? I don't know, some good physical attack goes right here.

I don't think any of those are egg moves, but what do I know?

It learns Play Rough, Iron Head and Sucker Punch naturally, Swords Dance through TM and Ice Punch is a Gen V move tutor move only.

Is there preference on the Ability? Or is it going to be only used for mega evolution? (which is the wisest choice anyways)

It learns Play Rough, Iron Head and Sucker Punch naturally, Swords Dance through TM and Ice Punch is a Gen V move tutor move only.

Is there preference on the Ability? Or is it going to be only used for mega evolution? (which is the wisest choice anyways)
Intimidate.
And yeah, I don't know what I'll use for the last move. I'll sort that out later.

Intimidate.
And yeah, I don't know what I'll use for the last move. I'll sort that out later.

You know I would suggest that you use Crunch over Sucker Punch simply for the assurance of hitting (and PP usage) however, the priority is going to be needed since it's SLOW AS FUCK. Just something to think about.

Is Chansey that good? Or is it that she can only be gotten through friend safari?

Is Chansey that good? Or is it that she can only be gotten through friend safari?
Chansey is the definition of "Special Wall", she is really that good.

You know I would suggest that you use Crunch over Sucker Punch simply for the assurance of hitting (and PP usage) however, the priority is going to be needed since it's SLOW AS FUCK. Just something to think about.
Yeah, it's for the priority, not coverage.

Sylveon is the only Fairy Type I need.
Aside from Gardevoir
Togekiss is best fairy type.

I know flying to and from the place is inefficient, but when you're multitasking with something else while hatching eggs, holding left/right around the tower in Lumoise is amazing. Like I am hatching Mawile while typing this

Cresselia is. Cresselia has the best watermelon juice.

guys guys
Lilligant is the best even if smogon hates her.

I think a drought/sunny day team would be her best fit especially with leaf guard or maybe chlorophyll both are good depending on the situation.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Doooood, I love me some Lilligant too. I need to breed a good one someday.

I know flying to and from the place is inefficient, but when you're multitasking with something else while hatching eggs, holding left/right around the tower in Lumoise is amazing. Like I am hatching Mawile while typing this
It's great. It's technically less efficient than just biking around, but I don't care.

guys guys
Lilligant is the best even if smogon hates her.

I think a drought/sunny day team would be her best fit especially with leaf guard or maybe chlorophyll both are good depending on the situation.
I fought someone on showdown today that used lilligant, I'm going to assume it was you.

Also, for the "smogon hates her" bit... Remember that NU/RU/UU/OU/Uber are all banlists. They are not metagames. Just because a pokemon is NU doesn't mean it has no business being used in an uber team, it just means that it doesn't break the NU metagame so nobody felt the need to ban it from use.
Lilligant wasn't in OU in BW because she depended on sun a lot, which meant that when she was used outside of the only tiers that Drought was legal in, she ran into some problems. Problems that the other sun sweepers, Volcarona and Venusaur, didn't have. So, basically, without drought Lilligant was RU, with it she was OU.
Of course I imagine she's a whole lot worse now with the weather nerf. Oh, and Chlorophyll is way way way way way better than leaf guard.

It's great. It's technically less efficient than just biking around, but I don't care.

So this is probably the fastest I've ever bred a 5 perfect IV'd pokemon this fast (only an hour worth of effort)

Mawile(Male) Adamant Intimidate
31/31/31/x/31/31

Just as ordered. Would you like to nickname it?

Oh good Duke has a Cloyster for his third pokemon. Phew, was worried I would have to buy Pokemon Y to trade across the internet for the pokemon I wanted.

Oh good Duke has a Cloyster for his third pokemon. Phew, was worried I would have to buy Pokemon Y to trade across the internet for the pokemon I wanted.

You are so bitter about that XD

He wants his Cloyster and he wants it now XD

I don't think he was referencing his want for Cloyster, he was expressing his distaste for his internet interactions being crappy as all hell. I'd be glad I didn't have to trade if the game physically didn't let me trade.