• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Pokemon

sorry. got carried away. A careful larvitar would be the best, or just any one you got and i'll make an offspring with what's needed. Can't be picky when people are being kind to us

Also, a small warning: blaziken is banned in competitive play (according to smogon, it could get attack+2 and speed+1 in 1 turn and wreak havoc in almost any team not prepared specifically against it while getting faster and faster nonstop)

Well then fuck smogon. Blaziken is my favorite starter and I'll be damned if I'm not gonna use it. Not my fault it just so happens to be amazing competitively on top of being a total boss already.

I know, i know... but they have a reason to add him in the banned list.

At the very least, consider using it with blaze ability, so you can try to defend yourself if someone starts complaining about your creature (not that it will change anything: speed boost overrides current ability when it evolves)

I know, i know... but they have a reason to add him in the banned list.

At the very least, consider using it with blaze ability, so you can try to defend yourself if someone starts complaining about your creature (not that it will change anything: speed boost overrides current ability when it evolves)
Blaziken's actually better without his Megalution :P Being able to hold a Life Orb increases his attack to over MegaBlaziken and can start immediately. Something to think about.

Yeesh, good thing I bought Pokemon X. Toys R' Us must have had a misprint or something, cause they're selling them (only today) for 20$. You would have to lead them to weekly sales to show them the ad because it really isn't showing up in the main register-thing.

Thinking about adding a gothitelle to my team... what do you guys think? can it survive to make shadow tag useful?

Thinking about adding a gothitelle to my team... what do you guys think? can it survive to make shadow tag useful?
Not really, no. The amount of resistances and the lack of any significant bulk make it veeeery situational. There's very few specially based pokemon that aren't sporting Shadow Ball or something to exploit her terrible speed. A calm mind set seems viable at first but she's just too slow and situational to really be useful :(

Not really, no. The amount of resistances and the lack of any significant bulk make it veeeery situational. There's very few specially based pokemon that aren't sporting Shadow Ball or something to exploit her terrible speed. A calm mind set seems viable at first but she's just too slow and situational to really be useful :(
She has shadow tag. If you read shadow ball, don't switch her in.
Having counters doesn't mean a thing to trappers because their whole purpose is that your opponent can't counter them after they're already out.
Also her choice sets are way better than calm mind. Her not that great HP kind of makes bulky sweeping difficult.

The thing with gothitelle, though, is that she really needs a reason to be on your team. She's a situational breaker, so she needs to be able to counter something that's really hurting your team to be useful. She's like magnezone: they're both great pokemon, but they decimate some important pokemon while getting killed by pretty much everything else. Great support on the right team, but not even close to a staple.

She has shadow tag. If you read shadow ball, don't switch her in.
Having counters doesn't mean a thing to trappers because their whole purpose is that your opponent can't counter them after they're already out.
Also her choice sets are way better than calm mind. Her not that great HP kind of makes bulky sweeping difficult.

The thing with gothitelle, though, is that she really needs a reason to be on your team. She's a situational breaker, so she needs to be able to counter something that's really hurting your team to be useful. She's like magnezone: they're both great pokemon, but they decimate some important pokemon while getting killed by pretty much everything else. Great support on the right team, but not even close to a staple.

So what pokemon would Gothitelle be useful against? What situation would it be like "DAYUM I wish I had a Gothitelle right now because WOW it would remedy this PERFECTLY"?

So what pokemon would Gothitelle be useful against? What situation would it be like "DAYUM I wish I had a Gothitelle right now because WOW it would remedy this PERFECTLY"?
Literally any pokemon she has a positive matchup against, because they can't switch out? It's not like I'm going to give a list of them, just pokemon she can kill before they kill her when she has specs/scarf.
Look, she's really only competing with other trappers which (thankfully, for her sake) are few and far beetween.
>Magnezone has great special attack and typing which allows him to be useful outside of trapping, but can only trap steels which makes him the least versatile.
>Dugtrio is fast, has a good movepool, and a niche as the only physical trapper, but dies when a spec of dust touches him.
>Gothitelle is bulky and is the only shadow tag user that uses it regularly, which makes her more versatile than the others at the cost of not trapping quite as well as the others due to average at best stats and a terrible typing.
>Wobbuffet is weird in that he can win at almost any match up when he's trapping but can't do anything more than that.
>Mega Gengar has the best stats and movepool and typing out of any of them but he's not very good at trapping when he first comes out since the opponent will switch when he mega evolves and he takes up your megastone spot. Also he's probably going to get banned, I mean let's face it.
They all have pros and cons and different niches and stuff, you shouldn't ever think that because Magnezone and MGengar are used by far the most means that the rest of them aren't good.

Rargh. So after getting a 31 IV Special Attack Rotom from my cousin on Thanksgiving, I've been trying to give the whole "breeding 'perfect/near perfect' Pokemon" thing a shot. I managed to get an outstanding Rotom on the third or fourth shot and figured that would be good enough; I don't really have the patience to get a perfect mon nor the mons with the IVs to do it.

Buuut then I looked at its Nature and found it had Quirky nature (which I looked up to see it was neutral). So then I went back into breeding to get a more helpful nature onto a Rotom. Several failed attempts later and I said "screw it", went to the Name Rater and named the quirky Rotom's name to "Rotom-Q". This little guy is now part of the family. As for what it'll be form wise, I dunno. Probably a Washer - or as one of my friends call it: Cancer - or maybe a Mower for a core I was considering.

Now I just gotta grind through trying to get a Careful nature onto a Phantump. The (female) Careful Ferroseed I've been using just won't pop out a male Ferroseed with Careful nature even after hatching several of them. Serious question: does the Everstone pass on gender too or have I been horribly unlucky?

Rargh. So after getting a 31 IV Special Attack Rotom from my cousin on Thanksgiving, I've been trying to give the whole "breeding 'perfect/near perfect' Pokemon" thing a shot. I managed to get an outstanding Rotom on the third or fourth shot and figured that would be good enough; I don't really have the patience to get a perfect mon nor the mons with the IVs to do it.

Buuut then I looked at its Nature and found it had Quirky nature (which I looked up to see it was neutral). So then I went back into breeding to get a more helpful nature onto a Rotom. Several failed attempts later and I said "screw it", went to the Name Rater and named the quirky Rotom's name to "Rotom-Q". This little guy is now part of the family. As for what it'll be form wise, I dunno. Probably a Washer - or as one of my friends call it: Cancer - or maybe a Mower for a core I was considering.

Now I just gotta grind through trying to get a Careful nature onto a Phantump. The (female) Careful Ferroseed I've been using just won't pop out a male Ferroseed with Careful nature even after hatching several of them. Serious question: does the Everstone pass on gender too or have I been horribly unlucky?

You can't affect gender rates through breeding. They're set at a specific rate for every pokemon.

Starting X and Y tomorrow. Wish me luck. Compared to the other pokemon games will it take long to beat the story and post story?

Starting X and Y tomorrow. Wish me luck. Compared to the other pokemon games will it take long to beat the story and post story?
It's about 50 hours if you take it slow and take your time.
Since it's easy, you really should take it slow.
My friend considers it more a tour of Kalos, and I can definitely see what they mean by that.
I definitely enjoyed it when looking at it in that particular state of mind.

You can't affect gender rates through breeding. They're set at a specific rate for every pokemon.

Okay good, so I've just been horribly unlucky then. Thank you for answering that.

Geez, its 50-50 gender ration for Ferroseed and I've seriously gotten only females on several of them? It's gotta be male at some point...

It's about 50 hours if you take it slow and take your time.
Since it's easy, you really should take it slow.
My friend considers it more a tour of Kalos, and I can definitely see what they mean by that.
I definitely enjoyed it when looking at it in that particular state of mind.

Bah, I really want to get to a collecting plus I still got to beat BOTH versions, SMTIV, and Senran Kagura lol. Oh well, this generation should last a long time so I'll try and take my time.

Psssst heeey over here, I have some careful Phantumps.
Lots of Phantumps, too many Phantumps, they're taking over my PC.

Oh, and if you want a specific ability I'm pretty sure I can get you whatever when it comes to that.

Okay good, so I've just been horribly unlucky then. Thank you for answering that.

Geez, its 50-50 gender ration for Ferroseed and I've seriously gotten only females on several of them? It's gotta be male at some point...
Just gotta keep at it man. Don't give up, it's painful I know.

As for your previous post about Rotom, I got a 5 IVd male Litwick you can use to breed IVs onto it if you're willing to put the effort into it :) Just lemme know.

Darn... And the goth girl really looked kinda cool. (like a shadow Delphox. Cool to compare like clefable and gengar)

Well, let's look for new candidates again.

Darn... And the goth girl really looked kinda cool. (like a shadow Delphox. Cool to compare like clefable and gengar)

Well, let's look for new candidates again.

Wobbuffet is underrated imo. He's not his former self, but he's still annoying/viable.

Psssst heeey over here, I have some careful Phantumps.
Lots of Phantumps, too many Phantumps, they're taking over my PC.

Oh, and if you want a specific ability I'm pretty sure I can get you whatever when it comes to that.

That would be great actually. I don't have anything meaningful to trade though unless you reeeaally just want to offload those Phantumps.

If isn't any trouble, can I get one with Harvest on the Careful Phantump?

FC: 4725-9349-4319

Just gotta keep at it man. Don't give up, it's painful I know.

As for your previous post about Rotom, I got a 5 IVd male Litwick you can use to breed IVs onto it if you're willing to put the effort into it :) Just lemme know.

I know it's painful, but I see everyone else I know pumping out entire teams and I'm struggling to get one Pokemon. But I guess we all got to start somewhere. It helps that this generation has made things a whole lot more convenient. The last time I played competitively I wouldn't have even bothered with IVs and skipped straight to just grinding out the right natures/abilities. Heck if I get the Phantump from MagicManCooker I can skip the Ferroseed.

And Rotom can't breed with anything else other than Ditto. I already tried breeding it with something else. But thanks for the offer. Trading is so easy now. I remember when we needed link cables and all that.

That would be great actually. I don't have anything meaningful to trade though unless you reeeaally just want to offload those Phantumps.

If isn't any trouble, can I get one with Harvest on the Careful Phantump?

FC: 4725-9349-4319
Yeah! I can definitely get you one of those. You don't need to give me anything special, I do like nicknames though.
I'm not home right now, but once I am I'll get online to trade. Probably around 3-6 PM.

I know it's painful, but I see everyone else I know pumping out entire teams and I'm struggling to get one Pokemon. But I guess we all got to start somewhere. It helps that this generation has made things a whole lot more convenient. The last time I played competitively I wouldn't have even bothered with IVs and skipped straight to just grinding out the right natures/abilities. Heck if I get the Phantump from MagicManCooker I can skip the Ferroseed.

Once you get one pokemon, the others become much easier because you already have a perfect IVd pokemon and just ultimately chain breed the IVs through the egg groups.

Yeah! I can definitely get you one of those. You don't need to give me anything special, I do like nicknames though.
I'm not home right now, but once I am I'll get online to trade. Probably around 3-6 PM.

I think I can try to get a trade in then. Uh, what timezone are you in? Cuz 3-6 for you might be now or later tonight for me.

Same as ya

I mean I can click on your pic to see where you put your location.

Oh. I'm stupid. Oh look, Washington!

I'll be at work between 3-6 but it gets pretty light around 5-5:30. I think I can get the trade in around then. If not then I should be home sometime after 6.

Bah, I really want to get to a collecting plus I still got to beat BOTH versions, SMTIV, and Senran Kagura lol. Oh well, this generation should last a long time so I'll try and take my time.

50 may be a little on the high side just so you know. I wouldn't say I rushed through and I finished the main game at 35 or so hours. Only another ~5 for the post game.

No problem man! I was actually trying to give you more Pokemon at the end of the trade hah. But ah well it's all good.

Whoops, I didn't know. Doesn't help that I accidentally turned off Game Chat. I thought the pop up was asking to turn it on but I saw the off part the second after I clicked it.

Back (still grounded) but yea, anyone remember what was the date for the Pokémon transfer release thing?

Wobbuffet is underrated imo. He's not his former self, but he's still annoying/viable.
No clue how you're supposed to complete a Nuzlocke of the Hoenn games without a Wobuffet.

Once you get one pokemon, the others become much easier because you already have a perfect IVd pokemon and just ultimately chain breed the IVs through the egg groups.

Or trade around for 4iv/5iv breeders.

I've gotten most of my team just by trading off 5IV Skarmorys with good egg moves and the right nature/ability.

Got a perfect female pancham... Now I just need to figure how to make a male perfect pancham with iron fist. Destiny knot only pass 5 IVs, no idea how to pass the sixth one.

Back