• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Pokemon

Pokemon Sapphire was the first Pokemon game I have ever played and I enjoyed it. Pokemon X, however, is amazing so far. Not only can I train my Pokemon, I also get Exp. Share after my first gym battle (It can be tiring to level up Pokemon individually unless you like the challenge). So far, I am really loving the game. Currently, I have my Braxien and Charmeleon at level 5 in terms of affection.

I was going to have my shiny Banette I naturally caught last game, but no.... Of course Pokemon Bank has to be delayed....
I NEED that shiny mega evolution man!

I am going through the game and I am loving the amount of pokemon you can catch. As a pokemon/shiny collector, I really think I can achieve the goal of catching all 718 pokemon this generation.

I am going through the game and I am loving the amount of pokemon you can catch. As a pokemon/shiny collector, I really think I can achieve the goal of catching all 718 pokemon this generation.
Well, at least until Pokemon Bank comes out again, since some are simply impossible to catch. Though I guess you could just rely on luck and go all out on trading over GTS.

oh ya I got a cyndaquil growlithe and slakoth. If you want one I can breed you one if you want. You know if you don't have pokebank yet (I don't either but I got all the pokemon I really wanted now)

OH GOD PLEASE I NEED A GROWLITHE in my life!

I always used that Pokemon back in the old days lol

Are cyndaquils with hidden abilities obtainable in the last Gen? Kinda want one.

Are cyndaquils with hidden abilities obtainable in the last Gen? Kinda want one.
Afraid not, unfortunately. The starters for second and fifth still haven't gotten their hidden abilities yet.

sorry it's just a normal blaze

I'm lovin' Pokemon X, it's the only game that I can accurately cosplay as Parappa without doing anything ridiculous
(Also love evolite Rhydon on my currant team and I generally "hate" Rock/Ground types)
HNI_0068.JPG

Reactions: SkullMan
Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Stockpile

Malamar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Switcheroo
- Topsy-turvy
- Swagger
- Foul Play

This is probably the most fun I've had with Showdown in a long, long time.

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Stockpile

Malamar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Switcheroo
- Topsy-turvy
- Swagger
- Foul Play

This is probably the most fun I've had with Showdown in a long, long time.
That Malamar is disgusting. Good god the amount of rage I can see if he gets it right. Gorgeous.

That Malamar is disgusting. Good god the amount of rage I can see if he gets it right. Gorgeous.

It's hilarious and fun 99% of the time, but it's just depressing for Harvest/Sitrus Trevenant with Substitute.

so im going to be breeding a lot of ironfist chimchars with 4/5IVS and egg moves to use as legendary bait on GTS. il likely have a bunch of them in a couple days so if anyone wants one let me know and ill try and hook you up.

I just had a Slaking use retaliate on me, and let me tell you, there's nothing more perfect than that imagery.

Reactions: jam1220
Welp I have a ton of Tyrunts with the 4 Fang moves cluttering my boxes if someone's interested (mixed gender/nature) and some ralts with synchronize (most are of modest nature)
0516-7288-5492 BTW

I would like a Ralts. 1719-3655-1251.

Oh ya I got a Treeco too I'm gonna breed some of those. If you don't have pokebank like me, I can give you some they're good for trades

does anyone have a hidden ability Flabebe? i have HA chimchar among other things to trade for it

edit: 5 min later i finally find one in a friend safari lol. if anyone wants to do singles battles though feel free to hit me up. although i have a kinda half assed doubles team i can use also if that's your thing

Last edited:
does anyone have a hidden ability Flabebe? i have HA chimchar among other things to trade for it

edit: 5 min later i finally find one in a friend safari lol. if anyone wants to do singles battles though feel free to hit me up. although i have a kinda half assed doubles team i can use also if that's your thing
that's ok my team is ass in general (i'm terrible at iv breeding)

but no i don't. sorry

I just dont worry about IV breeding in general.

I've heard its the least important part of the training.

I just dont worry about IV breeding in general.

I've heard its the least important part of the training.
if you say so then I'll be done with my main team in a lil' while then

if you say so then I'll be done with my main team in a lil' while then
I've heard its something like, a 20 stat point difference. and if thats the case then no thanks.

I've heard its something like, a 20 stat point difference. and if thats the case then no thanks.

Imagine sending your pokemon in with average IVs and your opponent has perfect IVs, that's 20-40 stat points of superiority.

Perfect IV Krookodile: Hit by Tentacruel's Surf! It survives with 5 HP and uses Earthquake. Foes Tentacruel faints.

Nonperfect IV Krookodile: Hit by Tentacruel's Surf! Krookodile Fainted.

Imagine sending your pokemon in with average IVs and your opponent has perfect IVs, that's 20-40 stat points of superiority.

Perfect IV Krookodile: Hit by Tentacruel's Surf! It survives with 5 HP and uses Earthquake. Foes Tentacruel faints.

oh well, shit happens.

I had Happy New Year battle where someone had a team of shiny legendaries (garatina, darkrai, shayim sky form,mega blaziken,mawile,greninja) I was using my evil theme team (bastiodon greninja seviper clawitzer super size gourgeist and mega mawile) they hacked some pretty scary pokemon on their team but I guess no one told them about Vs training because my Gourgeist hung on with halve hp from protean greninja's ice beam, didn't do crap against my Clawitzer (it's bulky and no one ever suspect it to be holding a metronome) and my greninja was sooo fast. And on the final turn where everything looks bleak and hopeless because life orb killed my greninja and my clawitzer was the slowest thing out and darkrai uses dark void...and nothing happened. Why? because we both forgot that somewhere in the mist of the fight my clawitzer was poisoned. And then I aura sphere that sorry legendary (I do not like going up against darkrais) I win way to start the new years

it's pretty much these kinds of situations that is the reason why i always breed until i get 5iv pokemon.

I had Happy New Year battle where someone had a team of shiny legendaries (garatina, darkrai, shayim sky form,mega blaziken,mawile,greninja) I was using my evil theme team (bastiodon greninja seviper clawitzer super size gourgeist and mega mawile) they hacked some pretty scary pokemon on their team but I guess no one told them about Vs training because my Gourgeist hung on with halve hp from protean greninja's ice beam, didn't do crap against my Clawitzer (it's bulky and no one ever suspect it to be holding a metronome) and my greninja was sooo fast. And on the final turn where everything looks bleak and hopeless because life orb killed my greninja and my clawitzer was the slowest thing out and darkrai uses dark void...and nothing happened. Why? because we both forgot that somewhere in the mist of the fight my clawitzer was poisoned. And then I aura sphere that sorry legendary (I do not like going up against darkrais) I win way to start the new years

This looks hype! Send us the replay code please?

ok...how do i do that?

If you had the battle on the 3DS and you saved the battle replay, people could see it if you add them as friends. If not though, you're out of luck :P

it's pretty much these kinds of situations that is the reason why i always breed until i get 5iv pokemon.
yeah but I have never encountered these kinds of problems and even when I did, they didnt bother me at all. like I said, shit happens.

yeah but I have never encountered these kinds of problems and even when I did, they didnt bother me at all. like I said, shit happens.
You either don't pay attention to when they do happen, or don't play against any trainer worth their salt.
Probably both.
If you just want to play casually there's no reason to fuck with iv's, although honestly breeding is actually decently entertaining in x/y, and they ARE a very important part of training any decently competitive pokemon, so if you're pvp battling a lot there's still not much of a reason not to iv breed the pokemon you use a lot.

You either don't pay attention to when they do happen, or don't play against any trainer worth their salt.
Probably both.
If you just want to play casually there's no reason to fuck with iv's, although honestly breeding is actually decently entertaining in x/y, and they ARE a very important part of training any decently competitive pokemon, so if you're pvp battling a lot there's still not much of a reason not to iv breed the pokemon you use a lot.

Yeah, like start with your most used/favourite pokemon and then that pokemon is even more awesome to you because you put in so much effort for it and so it's super cool! Kicking serious butt with it feels awesome especially when you know that you made it as good as it can possibly get.

I was more referring to the very little HP left thing. those are like, minor occurrences to me. like, even if they have low HP I can just take them out with my next pokemon. unless you use healing items which is super not fair because it should be your pokemon and nothing else Also, I never allow my pokemon to fight any type matchups I know they cant handle. I switch out so much.

I was more referring to the very little HP left thing. those are like, minor occurrences to me. like, even if they have low HP I can just take them out with my next pokemon. unless you use healing items which is super not fair because it should be your pokemon and nothing else Also, I never allow my pokemon to fight any type matchups I know they cant handle. I switch out so much.
But what if the pokemon needed to take out the opponent's pokemon was the one that just barely fainted? Now you have no more pokemon that are able to defeat it and you die :( You wouldn't have lost if you just spent an hour IV breeding.

hatched this little mo' fucker yesterday :D

i also have a bunch of 3/4 IV ironfist chimchars too if anyone wants one before i wondertrade/release them all

3/4 IV ironfist chimchars too if anyone wants one before i wondertrade/release them all
Could you put one on reserves for me? I'm in the middle of a move right now

hatched this little mo' fucker yesterday :D

i also have a bunch of 3/4 IV ironfist chimchars too if anyone wants one before i wondertrade/release them all
Yoyoyoyoyoyo! Save of dem for me, please. My 3DS is a little... uhh... not alive right now.

ok @Rellek @Sadistic Cyanide @jam1220 ill put some on hold for you. if youve got any 4IV pokes to trade in return id appreciate it. if not then no bigs you can still have one.