• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Pokemon

Pfft, who wants to be a fuckin' Zigzagoon?
Actually, it wouldn't be fair of me to take naming requests.

Reactions: SanoBaron
THE JOURNEY BEGINS
Screen shot 2014-07-23 at 11.32.59 PM.png

Whew, just enough characters for it to fit.
Screen shot 2014-07-23 at 11.39.47 PM.png

Always get that Potion.
Screen shot 2014-07-23 at 11.47.03 PM.png

Girls are falling for me at first site, this game is pretty accurate.
Screen shot 2014-07-23 at 11.49.52 PM.png

Of course I'm choosing the Fire Starter.
Screen shot 2014-07-23 at 11.52.31 PM.png

First Battle! Had no problems of course.
Screen shot 2014-07-24 at 12.29.58 AM.png

The first forum user to get the honor of being in this challenge is @chickenwithtie!
I think it fits perfectly.
Screen shot 2014-07-24 at 12.33.29 AM.png

I have absolutely no access to Pokéballs until I fight May so Rule #2 does not come into effect until then. It would be really unfair if I didn't make this exception.
Screen shot 2014-07-24 at 12.40.19 AM.png

First Level!
Screen shot 2014-07-24 at 12.43.55 AM.png

Made it to Oldale Town in one piece, two Wurmples encountered, no problem.
Screen shot 2014-07-24 at 12.44.29 AM.png
Apparently I can only attach ten image files to each post so standby for the next update.

After healing I went straight to Route 103 to challenge May. I HAD A SUPER CLOSE CALL WITH A WINGULL GETTING THERE. FUCK YOU WATER GUN.
Anyway, first trainer battle, this might be tough.
Screen shot 2014-07-24 at 1.10.11 AM.png

Whew, got a little worried there. I had a potion though.
Chicken learned Focus Energy.
Screen shot 2014-07-24 at 1.11.06 AM.png

I've got the Pokédex, Pokéballs, and Running Shoes.
Now the adventure really begins. Let's see what my first catch will be in Route 5…
Screen shot 2014-07-24 at 1.16.00 AM.png

It's a Zigzagoon! I'm naming him after @Zeriam because his name starts with a Z and when I checked this thread last night he was the only one watching it.
Screen shot 2014-07-24 at 1.20.04 AM.png
Screen shot 2014-07-24 at 1.29.20 AM.png

Did some grinding to get the Pokémon stronger and Chicken learned Ember.
Now she's a real Fire Type.
Screen shot 2014-07-24 at 1.44.30 AM.png

Let's see what my next catch is in Route 103…
Screen shot 2014-07-24 at 1.55.53 AM.png

It's a Wingull! I named him after @TheGoggledGamer 'cause…
I dunno, I get the feeling that like he likes water? Picking the right person is difficult so forgive me for any unsatisfying name choices.
Screen shot 2014-07-24 at 2.19.44 AM.png

Screen shot 2014-07-24 at 2.43.39 AM.png

Did some more grinding before heading to Route 102 where I saved and quit.
Zeriam's Pick Up ability got me a Super Potion and Full Heal.
Dude, you might be going places.
Screen shot 2014-07-24 at 3.04.23 AM.png
This was actually a hell of a lot of fun, I didn't know how much I missed Pokémon until now.
Now that I'm sure that I want to go all the way, I've adjusted Rule #5 to allow for three tries.

Sweet I can be useful (though I'll probably die be for that point :p)

Sweet I can be useful (though I'll probably die be for that point :p)
You're actually going to be critically important in the gym battle against Roxanne.
Unless I find a better Pokémon with a type advantage.

Okay, Denz. Why did you tag me in this thread?

Okay, Denz. Why did you tag me in this thread?
I named a Pokémon after you in my Nuzlocke Run, read the post I tagged you in.
Should I be tagging people in the first place?

Pfft, who wants to be a fuckin' Zigzagoon?
Actually, it wouldn't be fair of me to take naming requests.
in my defense, I was only kidding. Feel free to name whoever you like. =u=

This is just something I'm doing for fun so I'm not going to worry about updating consistently. I'm just going to play as much as I can. When I do make updates they'll be just like the ones above. Ten images each with descriptions of what's been going on. I'll try to keep most of you alive, but this is a Nuzlocke Challenge, casualties will happen.
This is gonna be RADICAL
Hahaha, it looks like me and Beowulf did a fusion dance.
Chicken, we're going to the top!

good luck and take as much time as you want Zen.

become a legend like no one ever has been before!
edit:
but, don't forget to have fun.

And don't forget to wash yer hands after every trip to the Little Pokemon Trainer's room.

Reactions: SanoBaron
May the RNG watch over and guide Denizen, shield him from Crits, and prevent low tier Mons from even gracing his presence. Those legions of hellspawn Pellipers that clog the Hoenn oceans better watch themselves.
You don't know how hard it was to resist saying "Don't lose your way"

Reactions: Denizen
Pray to RNGesus.

(read: if you reset your game, no one will know the difference anyway.)
My biggest fear is that I'll accidentally hit Command-D and defrost a save state from earlier in the game.
I'm constantly hitting Command-F out of fear of that, I wish I never made a save state in the first place.

Say, have we talked about the unreleased pokemon in X and Y yet? Like a discussion about their stats, abilities, etc.

Because I think Hoopa's a piece of crap.

Say, have we talked about the unreleased pokemon in X and Y yet? Like a discussion about their stats, abilities, etc.

Because I think Hoopa's a piece of crap.

I keep forgetting Hoopa exists.

It's a shame too, because it's stats looked great on paper. Not that great to be x4 weak to Knock Off and one of the latest move types that got bumped up in usage this Gen.

I can't remember what Volcanion's stats were, but sweet Arceus, that Water/Fire typing is so good it makes me drool. Kinda wish it wasn't on an unreleased Legendary tho...

And of course Mega-Latias/Latios, which will inevitably come out for ORAS. Why take two incredibly powerfull Pokemon and give them an even greater power+speed boost? Who knows. I imagine Soul Dew or Life Orb would still be better though, unless if they got some crazy new stats or Abilities.

Last edited:
Oh, they actually got the abilities figured out. They keep their levitate abilities.

Latias's mega is focused on defense, while Latios's turns it into more of a mixed attacker. Neither get an addition to their 110 base speed. I think only Latias's is really viable, Latios didn't need any stats for attack.

Volcanion is a bulky mixed attacker. I'm considering it to be the middle child of the legendary trio this generation, and for the better. It's signature move is a 95% accurate hydro pump with the burn chance of scald. And it gets water absorb. I'd say it's only true weakness is electric, as it has super effective STAB attacks against rock and ground.

Hoopa got it bad. It has pitiful defense. It's special defense isn't enough for the ghost types that litter that area. And it's speed is too low to outrun most of those special attackers, plus both dark and ghost have priority attacks against the low defense. Magician is a worthless ability, especially with the introduction of mega stones that can't be taken. And to top it off, it's signature move's mechanic is trivial and only has a base power of 80. It's amazing how almost everything went wrong here.

Hoopa looks super cool though, it reminds me of those Magic Pots from Final Fantasy.
Also is it just me or do I see some references to Buddhism in its design?

Nah, there's no denying that Hoopa has one of the cooler looking designs of this generation.
It does have a rather India-esque feeling to it. The jewel on it's forehead and it's patterns that may resemble robes could do it. Though cows are more commonly seen as holy creatures there, so the bull-like horns could be a reference. Maybe the Buddha-goldish shiny it has?
It might have just fallen in place like that, really.

It does have a rather India-esque feeling to it. The jewel on it's forehead and it's patterns that may resemble robes could do it. Though cows are more commonly seen as holy creatures there, so the bull-like horns could be a reference.
Those are more references to Hinduism, but the two religions do have some similarities.
It's the gold rings on it's horn and the center of it's head along with the topknot that makes it look a bit like Buddha.

Route 102, with a few Trainers here things start to get dangerous. Luckily I have a walkthrough so there should be no surprises.
Screen shot 2014-07-25 at 11.47.46 PM.png

Generation III was a pioneer in the elements that made all future Pokémon games greater than ever. Gen II may have introduced the concept of Berries, but Gen III perfected it along with many other mechanics.
Screen shot 2014-07-25 at 11.57.56 PM.png

I made it through Route 102 to Petalburg City without encountering any wild Pokémon. After healing up I searched the tall grass and encountered…
Screen shot 2014-07-26 at 12.04.50 AM.png

A Lotad! It's a girl so I named her after Sarah "Peacock" Williams because she's fun and crazy like a Ludicolo. A Lotad is perfect for the fight against Roxanne, as a dual Grass/Water Type she's gonna wreck this gym.
Screen shot 2014-07-26 at 12.17.17 AM.png

Screen shot 2014-07-26 at 12.25.16 AM.png

Yet another reason why Hoenn is the best, your dad isn't completely absent, in fact he's a Real OG running one of the best Gyms in the region.
I can't believe the game takes this long to give me the Catching Tutorial.
Screen shot 2014-07-26 at 12.36.29 AM.png

First I trained Sarah for a bit, which was a pain since she only had Astonish. Everything was smooth sailing once she learned Absorb. I defeated all the trainers on Route 104, then I entered the tall grass where I encountered…
Screen shot 2014-07-26 at 1.18.22 AM.png

A Wurmple! I named her Ms. Fitz after Erin "Parasoul" Fitzgerald because Wurmple evolves into a Beautifly and it fits, hehe. Unfortunately this Wurmple could also evolve into a Dustox so I impatiently trained it to Level 7 so I could see what it will become.

Alright, first evolution! What's it gonna be?
Screen shot 2014-07-26 at 1.52.27 AM.png

A Silcoon! Awesome, but I immediately banked her since Bug Types aren't that useful. I'll evolve her later for fun.
Screen shot 2014-07-26 at 1.53.14 AM.png

Petalburg Woods, this might be a bit of a challenge. Not because of the strength of the local Pokémon, but rather because of the fact that it will take time to get through it without any breaks at a center. It's places like these that are the real killers in Nuzlocke.
First thing I did was search the tall grass for my next Pokémon which was…
Screen shot 2014-07-26 at 2.00.29 AM.png
Next update you'll find out what I encountered and you'll see me trudge my way through this forest.

Reactions: TheGoggledGamer
Yooo, a Lotad, beast! Mexican dancing pineapple is the best.

Reactions: musica
Yooo, a Lotad, beast! Mexican dancing pineapple is the best.
With Swift Swim and a Timid Nature she's going to be surprisingly fast, I have to teach her Rain Dance at some point. She's definitely going far in this journey as my first defense against Rock and Ground Types.

A Taillow! Holy shit I've been getting lucky lately, the worst possible outcome in this forest would be encountering a Silcoon. I named him after WingZero, 'cause why not.
Screen shot 2014-07-26 at 2.08.37 PM.png

Screen shot 2014-07-26 at 2.19.03 PM.png

After healing up I tackled all the challenges in Petalburg Woods. Wing Zero was perfect for the job because his peck completely wrecked all of the bug types.

Team Aqua Battle! I actually never played Emerald version, I only played Ruby so I have no idea what the story is like. This is a new experience for me.
Screen shot 2014-07-26 at 2.28.27 PM.png

Wow the designs in ORAS are a million times better than this garbage.
The music was amazing though, yet another reason why Gen III is the best.
Screen shot 2014-07-26 at 2.28.48 PM.png

That area was shorter than I remember. It's still Route 104 so I can't catch anything.
I went and got the Wailmer Pail and TM09 Bullet Seed, which I used on Sarah.
Screen shot 2014-07-26 at 2.37.13 PM.png

First Double Battle, so I sent my two strongest out, I had no problems.
Screen shot 2014-07-26 at 2.49.47 PM.png

Rustboro City, I did the usual and searched the entire place, talking to every NPC in hopes of getting some good stuff. HM01 Cut is super important.
Screen shot 2014-07-26 at 2.55.02 PM.png

The first Gym, I went through it and Sarah destroyed everyone with Bullet Seed. I let Goggled take a few shots as well.
Screen shot 2014-07-26 at 3.13.15 PM.png

Screen shot 2014-07-26 at 3.19.22 PM.png

Now the real fight begins…
Screen shot 2014-07-26 at 3.21.49 PM.png
In the next update I fight Roxanne and I'll cover the battle in detail.

You had me until you said Gen 3 was best.

Beat that dead horse.

Reactions: Denizen
Stop beating horses.
Also you should have named your rival after someone (even though your rival is dumb in gen 3 and never accomplishes anything before giving up and just going home.)

Also you should have named your rival after someone (even though your rival is dumb in gen 3 and never accomplishes anything before giving up and just going home.)
Actually I was never given an option to name her.

yeah you don't get to name them in gen 3
which is unfortunate
but tragically so

Off the current topic for a second and onto another on topic topic.

Is anyone willing and able to transfer over a weavile with the BW2 move tutor Knock Off? I will trade you whatever you wish that is possible to obtain in X and Y. (For the love of god, Nintendo, PLEASE make a move tutor on the Battle Frontier... PLEASE)

Off the current topic for a second and onto another on topic topic.

Is anyone willing and able to transfer over a weavile with the BW2 move tutor Knock Off? I will trade you whatever you wish that is possible to obtain in X and Y. (For the love of god, Nintendo, PLEASE make a move tutor on the Battle Frontier... PLEASE)
Would a Sneasel be acceptable? And would you like a specific Nature or Gender?

Edit: I just checked, and I do have a Razor Claw, so I can evolve it into Weavile for you.

Last edited:
Still got those Keldeos, Genesects, and Deoxys(es?), btw.