• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Pokemon

The way that you refer to them as "The birds" makes me think that you have an army of birds

Reactions: Denizen
Well, I'll gladly be an HM slave. I might not be a power house but I ensure the team gets where they need to go.

THE BATTLE BEGINS!!!
Screen shot 2014-07-28 at 11.04.26 PM.png

A super effective critical hit with Wing Attack, a perfect way to start the match.
I was actually afraid of that Machop because of the amount of Pokémon that fell to several of them in the Super Best Friends Nuzlocke Challenge.
Screen shot 2014-07-28 at 11.05.20 PM.png

I'm super surprised that he survived that Wing Attack. Thank goodness he used that Focus Punch and got interrupted or else things could have gotten ugly.
Screen shot 2014-07-28 at 11.08.37 PM.png

Screen shot 2014-07-28 at 11.09.00 PM.png

I sent Goggled out for the final round.
Makuhita healed with a Sitrus Berry after taking the first hit and he's used Bulk Up a few times so he's become tough to damage. I just kept hitting him with Wing Attack.
Screen shot 2014-07-28 at 11.11.41 PM.png

OH FUUUUUCK.
GOGGLED IS DOWN, GOGGLED HAS BEEN TAKEN OUT WITH A SINGLE SHOT!!! I DIDN'T REALIZE THAT BULK UP COULD MAKE MAKUHITA'S VITAL THROW SO POWERFUL!!!

Screen shot 2014-07-28 at 11.13.21 PM.png

WING ZERO IS DOWN TOO, MAKUHITA'S VITAL THROW HAS TAKEN OUT BOTH OF MY TOP FIGHTERS.
THIS ISN'T LOOKING GOOD!!!

Screen shot 2014-07-28 at 11.16.16 PM.png

I sent out Sarah and she was able to finish him off with her Crazy Machine Gun.
If Brawly had used a Super Potion, this Nuzlocke Challenge would have been over…
Screen shot 2014-07-28 at 11.17.24 PM.png

I've won, but the victory was bittersweet. I've lost two highly valued Pokémon at the same time, and they were the first to fall in this challenge, I'm still in shock.
Screen shot 2014-07-28 at 11.19.47 PM.png

Tomorrow I bury the fallen…
Screen shot 2014-07-28 at 11.22.35 PM.png
First Blood of the Nuzlocke Challenge. It was never a matter of if, it was a matter of when.
Tomorrow I'll make a post dedicated to the two brave souls who ensured victory against Brawly.

They fought valiantly. R.I.P. Brave Birds. You will be missed.

Bit unrelated but, I've been doing a lot of Showdown recently. I didn't expect Parahax Togekiss to be so popular :C

This is the story of two brave birds who trained tirelessly to prove their worth in this journey.
They came from humble beginnings, captured like many others through a chance encounter in the tall grass that grew just about everywhere. They stood on the sidelines while stronger teammates fought, but in Dewford they were given a chance to fight. The two avian warriors became strong, and they tore their way through the field of battle without enduring a scratch until they came face to face with Brawly. Unfortunately these brave birds fell to an opponent who was sturdy enough to endure the beat of their wings. In their sacrifice victory was assured, they will be missed.
Screen shot 2014-07-28 at 11.25.01 PM.png

I've never spoken to Wing Zero, not in person nor on the net.
I know he's a pretty well known player who knows his way around Filia, but other than that I can't really tell you much about the guy. I'm sure he's a cool dude in person, most people are even if they don't act like it online.
Screen shot 2014-07-28 at 11.24.29 PM.png

Screen shot 2014-07-28 at 11.26.30 PM.png

TheGoggledGamer, as soon as you went down the first thing I thought was how I would crush your spirit after getting you hyped up like that.
There's no reason to feel bad about this, you went out like a boss.
Screen shot 2014-07-28 at 11.27.25 PM.png

Screen shot 2014-07-28 at 11.27.44 PM.png

Here's my current team at the moment, it feels almost disrespectful to have a Makuhita.
When I reach the Name Rater he'll be named after Sanoblaze.
Screen shot 2014-07-28 at 11.32.27 PM.png
When the journey continues we will delve into Granite Cave in search of Steven Stone.

Last edited:
Bit unrelated but, I've been doing a lot of Showdown recently. I didn't expect Parahax Togekiss to be so popular :C
Anything that has access to Serene Hax is gonna attract a number of people. Anyway, I enjoy Showdown from time to time as well, so if anybody wants to battle from time to time, fool around in randoms, or just test teams on Showdown, gimme a PM.

@Denizen Man, if you're gonna be handing out feels like that eulogy, this is gonna be the most tear-jerking Nuzlocke since Kynim's -locke comics.

Reactions: Denizen
This is the story of two brave birds who trained tirelessly to prove their worth in this journey.
They came from humble beginnings, captured like many others through a chance encounter in the tall grass that grew just about everywhere. They stood on the sidelines while stronger teammates fought, but in Dewford they were given a chance to fight. The two avian warriors became strong, and they tore their way through the field of battle without enduring a scratch until they came face to face with Brawly. Unfortunately these brave birds fell to an opponent who was sturdy enough to endure the beat of their wings. In their sacrifice victory was assured, they will be missed.
View attachment 4532

I've never spoken to Wing Zero, not in person nor on the net.
I know he's a pretty well known player who knows his way around Filia, but other than that I can't really tell you much about the guy. I'm sure he's a cool dude in person, most people are even if they don't act like it online.
View attachment 4531
View attachment 4533

TheGoggledGamer, as soon as you went down the first thing I thought was how I would crush your spirit after getting you hyped up like that.
There's no reason to feel bad about this, you went out like a boss.
View attachment 4534
View attachment 4535

Here's my current team at the moment, it feels almost disrespectful to have a Makuhita.
When I reach the Name Rater he'll be called Sano.
View attachment 4536
When the journey continues we will delve into Granite Cave in search of Steven Stone.
If Sano makes it to the name rater. :PUN:

Reactions: Detective Q
I wish I could go to this, but I don’t live in the USA.

Lets just hope they release this as an album. I'm trowing money at the screen relentlessly but nothings happening yet.

Granite Cave, for some reason Sarah was the only one who could learn Flash.
Screen shot 2014-07-30 at 12.25.27 PM.png

I found an Everstone, I don't know when I'd use it though.
Screen shot 2014-07-30 at 12.32.41 PM.png

There you are you fresh dressing mothafucka, here's your shit now give me steel wing. TOO BAD I DON'T HAVE ANY FLYING TYPES THAT COULD LEARN IT.
Screen shot 2014-07-30 at 12.44.08 PM.png

Now before I head to Slateport I made a stop at Rustboro to receive an item of utmost importance, the Exp. Share. I immediately gave it to Shihfu.
Screen shot 2014-07-30 at 12.58.25 PM.png

I guess this is the Beach Episode. Loads of trainers here so I took the opportunity to level up Shihfu by using a combination of battle participation and Exp. Share.
Screen shot 2014-07-30 at 1.03.36 PM.png

Fuck, I got jumped by a couple kids hiding under beach umbrellas using an item as bait. Luckily their Pokémon were super weak.
Screen shot 2014-07-30 at 4.18.09 PM.png

I left the Seashore House for later and instead went straight to Slateport City. I visited the Name Rater to name the Makuhita after @Sanoblaze, he won't see much combat but he'll make a decent HM Slave.
Screen shot 2014-07-30 at 4.35.55 PM.png

After that I just decided to take a break from battling and enjoy the city.
I went on a shopping spree in the Market and stocked up on some items. I also spent a little extra on Iron for Chicken, she has low defense.
Screen shot 2014-07-30 at 4.54.08 PM.png

I visited the Pokémon Fan Club and got a nice item along with an interview.
Screen shot 2014-07-30 at 5.04.24 PM.png

I also visited the Battle Tent, this is new to me. It wasn't really my jam so I left.
Screen shot 2014-07-30 at 5.07.37 PM.png
In the next update we go all out at the Seashore House and we take on Team Aqua at the Museum.

Last edited:
I have a feeling that is theres gonna be any move I learn that's not an HM, it'll be arm thrust.

why?
I dunno.
tumblr_n3ynbi02pH1qzk4cro2_500.gif

tumblr_n4gdl8dNc21sad17do1_400.gif

I have a feeling that is theres gonna be any move I learn that's not an HM, it'll be arm thrust.
You actually already had that move when I enslaved you.

Close Combat looks more like an ORAORAORA.
Close_Combat_BW.png

Is close combat learnable in Gen 3? I don't think I ever saw it til Gen 4.

that's also something that'd be cool for makuhita/hariyama to learn. A very good emergency tank.

Eh, fuck if I know.

that's also something that'd be cool for makuhita/hariyama to learn. A very good emergency tank.

Close Combat is a gen 4 move.

The Seashore House, I thought there would be more people here. Most of the Pokémon here were water types, but Chicken was strong enough so I let her take them on.
Screen shot 2014-07-30 at 5.33.48 PM.png

Eventually Chicken leveled up and finally evolved into a Combusken!
Take a look @chickenwithtie, you're not dead yet!
Screen shot 2014-07-30 at 7.21.02 PM.png

Before taking on the Oceanic Museum I searched through the only patch of tall grass I had access to in Route 110 and encountered…

An Oddish! Another Grass Type, I was really hoping for an electric type like Electrike.
I named this one after Prisceel because I intend to evolve it into a Bellossom and Prisceel said to me that she thinks dancers are awesome. She'll be very valuable with status inflicting moves so I moved Sano to the PC until he's needed for manual labor.
Screen shot 2014-07-30 at 7.45.10 PM.png

Screen shot 2014-07-30 at 7.50.41 PM.png

The Oceanic Museum, holy shit there are pirates everywhere.
Screen shot 2014-07-30 at 7.52.46 PM.png

These two guys were small fry, they can't hold a candle to the Gym Leaders.
Screen shot 2014-07-30 at 7.58.23 PM.png

After that I started making my way through Route 110, which is also adjacent to a section of Route 103. They're good places to train so I'm gonna stay here a while.
Before I did that, I was surprised by another round with May.
Screen shot 2014-07-30 at 8.24.11 PM.png

I started out at a disadvantage because Chicken was damaged by an earlier attack and May surprised me by switching in Marshtomp so I replied with Sarah.
Screen shot 2014-07-30 at 8.28.24 PM.png

I had Chicken take out the Slugma and Lombre because I lacked any type advantages.
I really need Water and Ground type Pokémon, and soon.
Screen shot 2014-07-30 at 8.32.00 PM.png

I won without losing control of the battle, but I wasn't expecting to see May.
I should pay closer attention to the walkthrough next time around.
Screen shot 2014-07-30 at 8.36.50 PM.png
In the next update we finish off Route 110, Explore Mauville City, and train for the battle with Wattson.

Also I start working again tomorrow so updates will be less frequent. Also I've been playing Skullgirls a lot more and hanging out with my friends so don't be surprised if there's a three day lull in activity. Just thought I'd mention that in case there was anyone here who actually looked forward to these updates, haha.

Last edited:
Would a Sneasel be acceptable? And would you like a specific Nature or Gender?

Edit: I just checked, and I do have a Razor Claw, so I can evolve it into Weavile for you.
The evolution isn't a problem, but that would be absolutely fabulous good sir. However... I would prefer it be a Jolly Sneasel, is that possible? I mean, because you can't breed move tutor moves so I would have to use the exact pokemon you gave me for battle.

Y-you remembered the dancer thing. ;c;

Fear not, teammates, for I shall disable our enemies!

You and Sarah are the heart and soul of the team, THE FIESTA SISTERS.

The evolution isn't a problem, but that would be absolutely fabulous good sir. However... I would prefer it be a Jolly Sneasel, is that possible? I mean, because you can't breed move tutor moves so I would have to use the exact pokemon you gave me for battle.
Ok. I have a female Weavile, Jolly nature, and even 31 Speed IVs! Level 2 (used a rare candy to evolve it) and no EVs, so you can train it how you like. Just give me a sec to teach it Knock Off and then transfer it. Then it's all yours!

Last edited:
Wow! Thanks a bunch! So what did you want in exchange?

Wow! Thanks a bunch! So what did you want in exchange?
I don't really need anything. But something with a Hidden Ability would be cool, if you've got one. Other than that, you can give me whatever you want.

My friend code is 3523-2367-8167

I don't really need anything. But something with a Hidden Ability would be cool, if you've got one. Other than that, you can give me whatever you want.

My friend code is 3523-2367-8167
Ok then! I think I have something on that line.

FC: 0232 8319 4102

Wow! I wasn't expecting something that awesome! Thanks a ton!

No probz my friend! And only after the trade do I realize that Weavile doesn't learn any ice moves... Sigh, oh well. No biggy I guess. I'll make do or something.

I can get you another Sneasel. It's no big deal.

It's just, the amount of effort needed to get a Low Kick, Knock Off, Ice Punch, Ice Shard Weavile is ridiculous! Gotta breed Ice Punch and Ice Shard onto the sneasel then move tutor Low Kick and Knock Off. The breeding process alone is enough work.

Goodness, I should've really looked closer at that... And I can't even do the pokebank thing so I am unable to do it myself... Why did they make it so difficult? It's like my fav pokemon

It's just, the amount of effort needed to get a Low Kick, Knock Off, Ice Punch, Ice Shard Weavile is ridiculous! Gotta breed Ice Punch and Ice Shard onto the sneasel then move tutor Low Kick and Knock Off. The breeding process alone is enough work.

Goodness, I should've really looked closer at that... And I can't even do the pokebank thing so I am unable to do it myself... Why did they make it so difficult? It's like my fav pokemon
Don't worry about it. I'll gladly get it for you. Is that the exact moveset you want?

Don't worry about it. I'll gladly get it for you. Is that the exact moveset you want?
Yes sir! That would be fantastic! And also, you don't have to worry about the Ice Shard. Sneasel learns it naturally at 47. Just Ice Punch is needed to be bred. I can't thank you enough.