• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Pokemon

I'm on it! If I'm lucky, I should have it ready within the hour.

That is unfortunate because I am leaving for work in 5 minutes :( Just let me know when you're available tomorrow.

Ok, @Rellek. Here's what I have for you.

Pokemon: Sneasel
Nature: Jolly IVs Maxed: Attack and Speed
Moves: Ice Punch, Low Kick, Knock Off, Fake Out

Edit: I stay up pretty late, so there's a chance I'll still be on when you're done with work. If not, I'm usually on by at Noon (Eastern time) at the latest.

Last edited:
I beat all the trainers on the Route 103 extension, nothing special happened so there's no picture to go with that.

Chicken took point as I made my way through the walking path of Cycling Road.
This really is a fantastic place to train. I found an Elixir on the way, choice.
Screen shot 2014-07-31 at 7.31.40 PM.png

Mauville City, there's a few things to do here such as getting a Bicycle, playing in the Game Corner, and challenging the Gym.
Screen shot 2014-07-31 at 7.38.43 PM.png

The first thing I did was get the Acro Bike, which gives me access to Cycling Road.
Fuckin' Radical.
Screen shot 2014-07-31 at 7.57.52 PM.png

I had to kick Wally's ass in front of his Uncle in order to gain access to the Gym, which I challenged after getting HM06 Rock Smash.
Also I replaced Jutsei with Sanoblaze and taught him Rock Smash, he'll be necessary to progress after defeating Wattson.
Screen shot 2014-07-31 at 7.59.54 PM.png

Oh man, I remember this electric wall bullshit.
Without any advantages against Electric Types I took my time and systematically wiped out every trainer one by one with the exception of Wattson.
Screen shot 2014-07-31 at 8.11.07 PM.png

I exclusively used Chicken during these battles, it was good experience for her.
Screen shot 2014-07-31 at 8.25.03 PM.png

Wattson is right in front of me, but there's no way I can take him on right now.
I decided to explore the surrounding area a bit, Mauville City is a sort of crossroads.
Screen shot 2014-07-31 at 8.38.05 PM.png

I was planning on going to the Desert on Route 111 to catch a Ground Type, but my path was blocked by some rocks which I can only smash after beating Wattson.
Trainer Hill was as new to me as the Battle Tent, and I was still just as uninterested.
Screen shot 2014-07-31 at 8.40.34 PM.png

I backtracked to Slateport to buy a Harbor Mail which I traded for the Coin Case.
Normally I would go nuts in the Game Corner but this is Nuzlocke, it's serious business.
Screen shot 2014-07-31 at 9.17.29 PM.png

Instead I went to Cycling Road where I saved and quit.
Screen shot 2014-07-31 at 9.18.58 PM.png
Yes, I admit that this was a boring update, I've just become more cautious since Dewford.
In the next update we take on Cycling Road, catch a couple Pokémon, and turn Chicken into a Sweeper.

Ok, @Rellek. Here's what I have for you.

Pokemon: Sneasel
Nature: Jolly IVs Maxed: Attack and Speed
Moves: Ice Punch, Low Kick, Knock Off, Fake Out

Edit: I stay up pretty late, so there's a chance I'll still be on when you're done with work. If not, I'm usually on by at Noon (Eastern time) at the latest.
Well, I'll be slapped with a tuna and called Uncle Addross, that's absolutely awesome. You went all out with this one and I appreciate it. Now to find another pokemon worthy of sending you...

Reactions: Bucky Barkley
Well, I'll be slapped with a tuna and called Uncle Addross, that's absolutely awesome. You went all out with this one and I appreciate it. Now to find another pokemon worthy of sending you...
Eh, you don't really need to pick out anything, considering how the last one I gave you was essentially unusable (unfortunately). That and what you already gave me was already absolutely fantastic!

Eh, you don't really need to pick out anything, considering how the last one I gave you was essentially unusable (unfortunately). That and what you already gave me was already absolutely fantastic!
If you say so. But I'll still try for something anyways. Would you like to trade now?

EDIT: That Dratini has perfect IVs in every stat.

That Dratini has perfect IVs in every stat.
Woah! That's really cool of you! Thank you very much! If there are any other Pokes you need, feel free to ask. I'd be more than happy to get it for you!

Woah! That's really cool of you! Thank you very much! If there are any other Pokes you need, feel free to ask. I'd be more than happy to get it for you!
Sometime in the future I'd like a Donphan with Stealth Rock, but that's when I can figure out a good moveset for him. He's also one of my fav pokemon. As for now, put that on hold because the current set I have on him works fine.

Thank you so very much for all your work :)

Reactions: Bucky Barkley
I usually try to refrain from being offended by things people say on Showdown but...
tVNUeUY.png

I was sitting there like, "Um, excuse me?"

(sorry if these kind of posts are frowned upon)

I usually try to refrain from being offended by things people say on Showdown but...
tVNUeUY.png

I was sitting there like, "Um, excuse me?"

(sorry if these kind of posts are frowned upon)
That's pure gold right there. Holy hell that's ridiculous

I started a new XY nuzlocke
gonna try and beat the game before I get back from vacation

got one badge
current team is

Yosuke the Froakie
Byird Friend the Pidgey
Broccoli Rob the Pansage
Wolfgang the Azurill
and Draygen the Charmander

I still hate lumiose city and want to punch sycamore in the dick

I have a new teammate!
Rather than a Doduo that I encountered right after leaving Lumiose City (because Wolfgang is a FUCKING MONSTER and killed it without mercy)
I caught an Oddish on Route 6 and was going to name her Radish Tim to compliment Broccoli Rob
but for some reason Radish Tim wasn't acceptable
so now they're just Rad the Oddish

I HATE Daysy and Blue Oak in the SoulSilver...

Why her dont give the dawnmed number more easly!!!!!!!! And with a compreensive way!!!!!!!

I "work" all my vacation period to have 5 days to be possible go to game at 3 PM and, after that, nothing... she still dont give me the number... Two more days and i go back to work and will be impossible to get massages with her....

Not following the topic, but holy shit that Unaware Quag av.

Unaware Quag is the best. <3

So I've been doing a randomized fire red Nuzlocke and I have to do this from the beginning. Out of like 5-6 nuzlockes I have done this is by far the saddest.
I got a motherfucking trapinch as a starter (pretty much exactly what I was hoping for) but he just died on the S.S. Anne because some gentleman's growlithe that was a full 7 levels under him with a type disadvantage got a critical hit, AND a burn, on his ember, then when I switched to my wingull it roared, randomly managed to drag out Trapinch, and he died from the burn. Literally nothing I could have done.
I am actually legitimately depressed by his death.

I got a motherfucking trapinch as a starter (pretty much exactly what I was hoping for) but he just died on the S.S. Anne because some gentleman's growlithe that was a full 7 levels under him with a type disadvantage got a critical hit, AND a burn, on his ember, then when I switched to my wingull it roared, randomly managed to drag out Trapinch, and he died from the burn. Literally nothing I could have done.
While mine didn't include anywhere near that much hax, it reminds me of losing my precious Trapinch in my first Nuzlocke (randomized Leaf Green to be specific). It was my first catch, and was my longest living companion for the longest time, keeping my spirits up even after losing my starter and a number of other members. Even after losing Houndoom to a OHKO crit Headbutt from a Salamence, the little gal kept my spirits up. But while traversing Route 24 to Bill's house, a trainer's Forretress Self-Destructed and took her out of the game. Many tears were wept for the little ant-lion that could've made it big...

Reactions: Horseman
We opened up with a battle on Cycling Road, every single trainer had either a Magnemite or a Voltorb, so Chicken had no problem taking them out.
Screen shot 2014-08-01 at 7.53.08 PM.png

Without any Ground Type Pokémon my tactic for beating Wattson was to totally overtrain Chicken, to make her so strong that type advantages didn't matter.

After clearing Cycling Road I headed West from Mauville to Route 117, where I trained some more and searched the tall grass to find…
Screen shot 2014-08-01 at 8.05.30 PM.png

An Illumise! A Bug Pokémon that can learn quite a few Electric Moves, but she's still a Bug so she's going to the PC. I named her after Laura "Valentine" Post 'cause whatever.
Screen shot 2014-08-01 at 8.26.05 PM.png

Screen shot 2014-08-01 at 8.43.00 PM.png

Next I battled trainers on the southern half of Route 111.
The Pokémon were definitely tougher here.
Screen shot 2014-08-01 at 8.46.26 PM.png

Chicken was Level 26 at this point so I decided to take on the Winstrate Family.
I taught Chicken Bulk Up before beginning.
Screen shot 2014-08-01 at 8.52.01 PM.png

Victor was a pushover. Bulk Up is a great move.
Screen shot 2014-08-01 at 8.56.43 PM.png

Victoria was at a disadvantage. Yeah, keep stroking that ego.
Screen shot 2014-08-01 at 8.57.44 PM.png

Vivi fell as expected. Chicken is now officially a Sweeper.
Screen shot 2014-08-01 at 8.59.57 PM.png

Vicky was sadly disappointing. I think we're ready.
Screen shot 2014-08-01 at 9.02.16 PM.png
In the next update we take on Wattson.

/u\ it's nioce to see the nuzlocke going smoothly.

I just hope I'm not underleveled...

I just hope I'm not underleveled...
You're actually the weakest on the team at Level 10.
As an HM Slave you're going to have to accept the fact that you may not see any combat.

well, hopefully a volt switch or it's equivalent doesnt spell my doom then.

well, roar and whirlwind can do the same thing when in battle. so again, hope I am not on the receiving end of those.

While mine didn't include anywhere near that much hax, it reminds me of losing my precious Trapinch in my first Nuzlocke (randomized Leaf Green to be specific). It was my first catch, and was my longest living companion for the longest time, keeping my spirits up even after losing my starter and a number of other members. Even after losing Houndoom to a OHKO crit Headbutt from a Salamence, the little gal kept my spirits up. But while traversing Route 24 to Bill's house, a trainer's Forretress Self-Destructed and took her out of the game. Many tears were wept for the little ant-lion that could've made it big...
I just started making my way up the lavender tower with silph scope and one of the ghosts turned into a motherfucking Vibrava.
This is just depressing.

snorlax killed my azurill

i exploited a technicality to not add it to my team and caught a psyduck instead
Duck King soothes my heart and is a credit to the team

snorlax killed my azurill

i exploited a technicality to not add it to my team and caught a psyduck instead
Duck King soothes my heart and is a credit to the team
Duckking2000.gif

Anybody here have some good replays from playing on Showdown? Whether it be a hype match, a fun battle, or just something hilarious or outrageous. My horrible username is "competitive newbie" in all of these matches btw, I really need to change that name. This first one is a pretty cool RU match, but I make some really dumb plays, like switching a defensively weak Mon in on a physical attacker, and raw switching Magmortar in on a Yanmega. This second is an alright NU match.

I like to use somewhat unorthodox sets and strategies, which you can see on some of them. I wish I had kept the replay of when my Chatot swept a team though, cause that was hilarious.

I'm really bad at Pokemon so I'm not sure my matches would be any of those.

Looking forward to see what others post though! :o

Last edited:
Pretty much all my records are just things that would make me rage if they happened on a consistent basis.

Like missing a +2 attack Sucker Punch from a Bisharp against an Articuno in hail, which then proceeded to land a critical-hit blizzard that froze and killing the Bisharp with the chip damage from Hail.

You know...

Denizen said:
index.php

Can I just say that all the Poke Fan sprites that have their kids dressed up in Pikachu PJs and such are always my favorite trainer type of each gen they show up in? I especially like the D/P kid having a Pichu costume, and the X/Y kid wearing the Pancham outfit is neat, too.

Kinda makes me think this is how Night Phyre would be like in the Pokemon world. :PUN:

It was a really close battle, but in the end he cornered me good. :^)
You did really well considering the huge threats that were on that guy's team. Also I gotta give mad props for using Zoroark, that thing is a barrel of laughs. When I used to do UU, I had a team with some nice synergy around Zoroark.

You did really well considering the huge threats that were on that guy's team. Also I gotta give mad props for using Zoroark, that thing is a barrel of laughs. When I used to do UU, I had a team with some nice synergy around Zoroark.
Thanks~! I've actually had some people forfeit matches after I've managed to trick them and take away a pokemon or two.
Looking at that match again, I should probably look up on which genie goes special and which goes physical. Although I suppose they could go mixed or something. :C

my broccoli rob died and I'm totally sad about it
completely and totally sad

On the flip side I added a Drifloon to my team and her name is Pop Star!

I'm really bad at Pokemon so I'm not sure my matches would be any of those.
Prisceel, after watching that battle I can safely say that you would kick my ass.
By the way, what's Pokémon Showdown?

Prisceel, after watching that battle I can safely say that you would kick my ass.
By the way, what's Pokémon Showdown?
Pokemon Showdown is an online battle simulator! It's mainly used for those who want to play where Smogon rules are enforced (well, mandatory) or don't want to breed (totally me) or want a quick battle. It gets pretty addicting! c:

Reactions: Denizen
THE BATTLE BEGINS!!!
Screen shot 2014-08-02 at 2.24.28 PM.png

Chicken opened with Bulk Up but Voltorb was faster than her and landed a hit.
This isn't a good way to start, I'll probably need to heal her down the line.
Screen shot 2014-08-02 at 2.25.15 PM.png

Chicken knocked it out with Double Kick, unfortunately she won't be able to use this great move on Electrike or Manetric due to their Static Ability.
Screen shot 2014-08-02 at 2.27.27 PM.png

He sent out Elecktrike next, Chicken responded with Ember, a Special Attack.
Since he's weak I took a moment to heal Chicken, after which she used another Ember and finished him off.
Screen shot 2014-08-02 at 2.29.01 PM.png

Chicken used Bulk Up again, now that she's all buffed the Manetric won't stand a chance.
Screen shot 2014-08-02 at 2.33.49 PM.png

She took out Magneton with Double Kick, which is super effective against Steel Types.
Screen shot 2014-08-02 at 2.35.34 PM.png

I healed Chicken before engaging Manetric, luckily he used Howl instead of taking the opportunity to land an attack. I forgot that Special Attacks don't get stronger with Attack Buffs so Ember didn't do much damage.

Manetric managed to Howl twice to raise his Attack, but it wasn't a problem because he used Shockwave which only did about 30 hit points of damage.
Screen shot 2014-08-02 at 2.39.36 PM.png

I decided to finish the battle with Double Kick.
The Paralysis from Static wouldn't matter since the battle was finished.
Screen shot 2014-08-02 at 2.40.59 PM.png

DENIZEN WINS!!! I got so lucky that Chicken avoided being Paralyzed or confused.
That battle went very well, no major surprises. I got a little worried when that Magneton managed to reduce Chicken's health to near half, but with some strategic Soda Pop use she was never very close to dying.
Screen shot 2014-08-02 at 2.44.15 PM.png

After healing up I went to Verdanturf Town to save and quit.
Screen shot 2014-08-02 at 2.48.14 PM.png
In the next update we open up a shortcut through Rusturf Tunnel and Walk Like An Egyptian.

I was making a "Chicken 4 MVP" graphic thingy on Blingee but then I had to make an account and blahhhh.

CHICKEN 4 MVP