• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Pokemon

I want to keep this play through running at a good pace so there are no images of my activity in Verdanturf Town. I got the TM45 Attract from a woman inside the Battle Tent, which I once again ignored. After that I stepped into Rusturf Tunnel to open up a shortcut to Rustboro City, in doing so I got HM04 Strength which I taught to Sanoblaze. The shortcut allowed me to get a Repeat Ball from a Devon Employee. Along the way I got the Black Glasses and a Max Ether.

After getting all that done I left Verdanturf, crossed through Mauville, and headed north up Route 111. Sanoblaze proved useful by clearing the rocky path. Chicken and Sarah have become significantly stronger than everyone else on the team. I'll have to do some grinding soon. After Chicken reached Level 30 I decided to give her a break for a while.
Screen shot 2014-08-03 at 3.57.40 PM.png

Well I guess we won't be Walking Like An Egyptian for a while.
This is a serious bummer, I was hoping to get a Ground Type Pokémon.
Screen shot 2014-08-03 at 4.03.21 PM.png

I headed west to Route 112 where the Cable Car to Mount Chimney is located, unfortunately it's blocked by Team Magma so I'm forced to go through the Fiery Path. Before that I searched the tall grass and encountered…
Screen shot 2014-08-03 at 4.09.47 PM.png

A Numel! FUCK, I WAS HOPING FOR A MARILL.
Sorry I forgot to take a screen shot of the catch. Whatever, once again I forgot to name this one and he went off to the PC. I'll take care of it later.

Fiery Path, I took a few steps and was attacked by…
Screen shot 2014-08-03 at 4.23.45 PM.png

A Machop! Alright, it's not as disappointing as a Numel but these Pokémon aren't going to help me in the long run. I am in dire need of a Water, Ground, and Electric Type.
I couldn't think of anyone in the Skullgirls Community who's more powerful than I am so I decided to name him after @Humdinger because Machoke looks like a Pro Wrestler.
Screen shot 2014-08-03 at 4.25.50 PM.png

I came out of the cave to Route 112, I can't catch anything here so I went North and crossed through Route 111 where I also couldn't catch anything.
I had to switch back to Chicken because the trainers became too strong.
Screen shot 2014-08-03 at 4.38.36 PM.png

After battling a Cool Trainer Shihfu grew to Level 20 where she finally evolved into a Gyarados! This is it, this is the Pokémon that I needed! Water and Flying Type, important types that I'm missing! Shihfu will be instrumental in the upcoming battles.
Screen shot 2014-08-03 at 4.43.26 PM.png

I got TM43 Secret Power, I can now make Secret Bases. Right now I'm on a mission and I don't have time to fool around, but somewhere down the line I might build a Base.
Screen shot 2014-08-03 at 4.47.29 PM.png

Luckily there was a rest stop before Route 113. Normally I would soldier on after this break and take on the ash covered path to Mount Chimney, but my Pokémon are beginning to become underlevelled. Therefore in between this update and the next I will train every Pokémon to carry their own weight.
Except for Sanoblaze, he will be replaced by someone with a more useful type.
Screen shot 2014-08-03 at 5.00.57 PM.png
In the next update we explore the beautiful landscapes of the Hoenn Region.

Last edited:
Just a quick update, during training I named the Numel I caught after @Lavama.

'Cause Lava.

My time is coming, I'm certain.

My time is coming, I'm certain.
I was gonna name Jirachi after you but I found out that it's impossible to catch on an emulator.
So I really have no idea what Pokémon you'll be.

Jirachi's impossible to catch period, though.

Jirachi's impossible to catch period, though.
I'm issuing a new mercy rule for myself, tell me if it's fair.
Fainting during the capture of Legendaries does not count as a death, however they cannot be used in future battles.

Did you know it was possible to catch a shiny Jirachi in XD: Gale of Darkness or some other gamecube Pokemon game, but it would be impossible to transfer it due to Poketransfer's coding?

Did you also know a Japan-exclusive event gave away a shiny Jirachi recently?

I finally got in the mood for Showdown after months of hiatus. Had to remake my NU team since Sigilyph got banned (I used it for Tinted Lens sweeping, rather than the Cosmic Power set-up everybody uses). Had some fun matches, and Chatot has been doing work. I initially put him in as a joke, but he's honestly become my favorite member, and has helped me win more than a hand-full of matches. I Never thought I would say Chatot was my MVP lol.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-148355543
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-148363362

I did make a really dumb mistake by forgetting Armaldo was Paralyzed, but I guess that's what happens when you don't play for several months.

Edit: It should go without saying that I did get very lucky in those matches. The first guy kind of just let Chatot set up and sweep, and the other guy could've easilly won if he had switched Electivire in before I got two Nasty Plots up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prisceel
I should really try getting into playing other tiers. Doubles and Little Cup were pretty fun when I tried them out.

The lower tiers are both easier and more difficult in different aspects. They're easier in a way of course due to their being less OP Pokemon in them, but they can be more difficult because there are an even larger number of Pokemon and sets to keep track of and memorize. I've never tried Doubles, but it's certainly fun to watch. The crazy strategies people can only do in there are mind blowing sometimes.

Zeriam evolved into a Linoone and now his name doesn't quite match. Remember everyone, always base the nickname of your Pokémon on their final evolutionary stage.
@Zeriam, your ability Pick Up has become indispensable.
Screen shot 2014-08-03 at 11.38.44 PM.png

Prisceel evolved into a Gloom and learned some great Status Inflicting moves. It'll be a little while longer until she gets exposed to a Sun Stone, but I have a plan for getting one early. I'm going to teach Linoone Thief and fight Solrocks at Meteor Falls until I manage to steal one.
@Prisceel, you're going to make capturing other Pokémon so much easier for me.
Screen shot 2014-08-03 at 6.57.54 PM.png
Both these Pokémon are much stronger now and can carry their weight.
By the way, is it cheating if I sped up the emulation to make training faster?

By the way, is it cheating if I sped up the emulation to make training faster?
Oh god no! The space bar is your best friend when emulating Pokemon! I don't think I would've had the patience to grind at end game for hours at a time without it.

Zeriam evolved into a Linoone and now his name doesn't quite match. Remember everyone, always base the nickname of your Pokémon on their final evolutionary stage.
@Zeriam, your ability Pick Up has become indispensable.
View attachment 4738?
deadpool-shoots-himself-o.gif

It's the Option Key for me, I discovered it by accident.
@Zeriam if you're hating this then just let me now and I'll get you killed right away.

@Zeriam if you're hating this then just let me now and I'll get you killed right away.

I'll let you figure it out.

I'll let you figure it out.
For real though, do you find this game I'm playing so incredibly stupid that you want out?
Fuckin' be honest with me

For real though, do you find this game I'm playing so incredibly stupid that you want out?
Fuckin' be honest with me

I think I'll just continue to observe more.

Just a quick update, during training I named the Numel I caught after @Lavama.

'Cause Lava.

ivFwTZEqZy7LR.gif
I'MAPOKEMMONOHMAHGAWSH

So, uh, what made you decide to do this?

So, uh, what made you decide to do this?
What made me decide take on a Nuzlocke Challenge?
I'm doing it for shits and giggles.

If you get a good sandshrew/sandslash/excadrill, name it duke!

Sandslash is my favorite creature in the game

Well, I'm gonna lose some time to this.

The image after Jutsei, but before Lavama didn't show for me.
Serves me right for forgetting that zerochan does that! :c
That was supposed to be a picture of Peacock to represent Sarah that I randomly grabbed off of google~

What made me decide take on a Nuzlocke Challenge?
I'm doing it for shits and giggles.
So, how's it going boss?

I'm super bad at this game thing so I cannot for the life of me get farther than Lavama's picture :c

I'm super bad at this game thing so I cannot for the life of me get farther than Lavama's picture :c
I find it's easier to work bottom up, tetris style and work on upgrading the bottom images.

Route 113, this is one of my favorite areas in the game.
There's something inherently beautiful about volcanic ash, it looks just like snow but it's completely different. Snow comes from ice and water while ash comes from fire.
The former suggests peace and tranquility while the latter suggests destruction. However ice can only kill, but in the wake of fire's destruction new life rises again...

Our next Pokémon is…
Screen shot 2014-08-04 at 1.17.18 AM.png

A Spinda! I named it after @Dr.Sanity. Spinda is most useful for it's many Confusion Inflicting moves, but he doesn't have much use in this play through.
He went straight to the PC and I continued on my journey.
Screen shot 2014-08-05 at 11.09.14 PM.png

NOTE TO SELF, IMMEDIATELY ELIMINATE ALL POKEMON THAT ARE CAPABLE OF LEARNING THE MOVE SELF-DESTRUCT.
Screen shot 2014-08-05 at 11.22.51 PM.png

There wasn't much to do in Fallarbor Town, so I healed up and continued on to Route 114 where I battled a few trainers and passed through some tall grass where I met…
Screen shot 2014-08-05 at 11.39.34 PM.png

A Swablu! Now this is a catch, Swablu evolves into Altaria which is Dual Dragon/Flying. This is definitely a keeper on my team since I need a Pokémon who can learn Fly. I named him after @Ruin, because he will bring ruin to the battlefield.
Screen shot 2014-08-05 at 11.55.37 PM.png

Screen shot 2014-08-06 at 12.09.45 AM.png

Meteor Falls! I'm at the point in the game where the landscapes become eye-catching. My favorite element of this area is the music, it's suits the environment perfectly.
Well back to business, I took a few steps towards the crater ahead and encountered…
Screen shot 2014-08-06 at 12.17.36 AM.png

A Zubat! I named him Sadistic after @Sadistic Cyanide and sent him off to the PC.
Yes, I know that it's possible to catch a Bagon here, but in during a Nuzlocke Challenge that requires a lot of time and resources and I didn't feel like making the effort, especially when it's dependent on luck.
Screen shot 2014-08-06 at 12.22.04 AM.png

Archie showed up and punked some Magma Grunts, but they got what they came for. Now I have to chase them to the top of a volcano to take back a space rock.
Now the plot finally sets in. In between this update in the next I'll be having Zeriam use Thief to attempt to steal a Sun Stone from a Solrock so Prisceel can finally evolve.
Screen shot 2014-08-06 at 12.31.44 AM.png

I'll also be training Ruin.
In the next update we take on Team Magma!

Last edited:
Relatively off-topic but I want an Altaria mega evolution. Bonus points if it's dragon/fairy typed.
What if Mega Altaria's cloud turns into a thundercloud and it becomes Dragon/Electric Type?

Reactions: Prisceel
I want a Torkoal mega-evolution.

it mega-evolves to look like a pissed off volcano turtle!

Route 113, this is one of my favorite areas in the game.
There's something inherently beautiful about volcanic ash, it looks just like snow but it's completely different. Snow comes from ice and water while ash comes from fire.
The former suggests peace and tranquility while the latter suggests destruction. However ice can only kill, but in the wake of fire's destruction new life rises again...

Our next Pokémon is…
View attachment 4789

A Spinda! I named it after @Dr.Sanity. Spinda is most useful for it's many Confusion Inflicting moves, but he doesn't have much use in this play through.
He went straight to the PC and I continued on my journey.
View attachment 4790

NOTE TO SELF, IMMEDIATELY ELIMINATE ALL POKEMON THAT ARE CAPABLE OF LEARNING THE MOVE SELF-DESTRUCT.
View attachment 4791

There wasn't much to do in Fallarbor Town, so I healed up and continued on to Route 114 where I battled a few trainers and passed through some tall grass where I met…
View attachment 4792

A Swablu! Now this is a catch, Swablu evolves into Altaria which is Dual Dragon/Flying. This is definitely a keeper on my team since I need a Pokémon who can learn Fly. I named him after @Ruin, because he will bring ruin to the battlefield.
View attachment 4793
View attachment 4794

Meteor Falls! I'm at the point in the game where the landscapes become eye-catching. My favorite element of this area is the music, it's suits the environment perfectly.
Well back to business, I took a few steps towards the crater ahead and encountered…
View attachment 4795

A Zubat! I named him Sadistic after @Sadistic Cyanide and sent him off to the PC.
Yes, I know that it's possible to catch a Bagon here, but in during a Nuzlocke Challenge that requires a lot of time and resources and I didn't feel like making the effort, especially when it's dependent on luck.
View attachment 4796

Archie showed up and punked some Magma Grunts, but they got what they came for. Now I have to chase them to the top of a volcano to take back a space rock.
Now the plot finally sets in. In between this update in the next I'll be having Zeriam use Thief to attempt to steal a Sun Stone from a Solrock so Prisceel can finally evolve.
View attachment 4797
I'll also be training Ruin.
In the next update we take on Team Magma!
Confuse Raaaaay. If I die write "Here lies Felicia..." on my tombstone.