• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Pokemon

Got Omega Ruby as a birthday present on Thursday... Haven't opened it yet though. Maybe later this week.

Got Omega Ruby as a birthday present on Thursday... Haven't opened it yet though. Maybe later this week.
Not sure if I shall think you're an idiot. Or I should envy your patience!

Still not cleared the game (only have 6 badges) but damn, the game is soo good. And the sneak up function/DexNav is probably one of the best idéa in a long time (acctually, the whole interface is perfect). Find and catch the "perfect" pokémon is much more enjoyable and more what the game should be about.

Kinda dissapointed we got Latios/Latias just like that though. You just get him/her just like that.
But on the other hand, I always wanted Latios/Latias to be one of my main team members before facing E4 :S
I have to agree on all these points. So far, this game is literally the perfect pokemon game. If it were a standalone pokemon game (which, btw I'm glad it is not. Gen III is best gen <3) I would give it some serious praise for being an innovative and interesting pokemon game.

- Awesome and creative region.
- Enemy team has deep enough morals to potentially merit its plans with the clever detriment of half the team not entirely knowing what it's all about. Classic.
- Excellent bottom-screen interface with the DexNav being really useful.
- Visuals are stunning for a handheld game.
- Music is vast and interesting
- I haven't even beat the game yet and I can tell there will be plenty to do afterwards (Battle Resort is supposed to be super good)

Then you realize it's just a remake. Best remake of the best games = best pokemon game ever. I don't think I need any other pokemon game.

SSY39Iy.png

hi

Reactions: Ktulu
i found a max revive gaiz

(Wow I screwed up the coloring on that drawing)

Not sure if I shall think you're an idiot. Or I should envy your patience!

I only haven't started because I'm playing through Persona Q (skipped over ORAS and Smash U for it) and since both of these are probably going to be huge time sinks, I won't get too far in either if I try to keep switching them out...

But shiny Beldum and all that is going on now so I should probably crack it open. I do genuinely want to play it though.

I see.

btw, I have a problem. I am at the beggining off Victory road and I don't know who shall be my last member in my team when I get to E4.
The team I had the longest and decided to use soo far are:
Swamper
Mightyena
Gardevoir
Mawile
Latios

(Everyone around level 50)

I have my shiny metang at level 42 and only thought to evolve it into Metagross before my journey started. Then let him rest in the PC. But now, I only have Metang and Groudon about same level, the rest are underleveld (exept Azelf and Terrakion, but I don't want to use them in E4)

In short. Should I use Metang/Metagross or Groudon?

Also:
Riding Groudon was fucking epic.

Don't use legendaries in the E4. That's super lame. Bring Metagross.

Reactions: chillbean
Just got my AS copy today. The DexNav is great, totally agree with whats been said, its so much more fun and sensible than just hatching eggs upon eggs to get decent stats, as well as basically eliminates wasting time in the same patch of grass trying to find mons with low encounter %'s. Also, was trading pokes in your PC with NPC's in XY? Just noticed it and its v useful.

Just got my AS copy today. The DexNav is great, totally agree with whats been said, its so much more fun and sensible than just hatching eggs upon eggs to get decent stats, as well as basically eliminates wasting time in the same patch of grass trying to find mons with low encounter %'s. Also, was trading pokes in your PC with NPC's in XY? Just noticed it and its v useful.
Yes it was.

I think it was in BW as well... Don't quote me on that.

ALSO! I am a sad person without the Bank and only 1 3DS... You know what that means... I need to transfer my most used pokemon over into AS. Would anyone be willing to help me do this? Bonus points for being trustworthy because you could technically leave with my beloved pokemon at any time...

Mr. Bonding confirmed for absolutely fucking strangest backstory

Pokemon battling is fun
*Beating a generic OU team with Mons ranging from BL to RU
*Showing the true power of Mega-Audino
tumblr_lu40qfYDtR1qcbii4.png

Reactions: CountofBleck
I haven't used the team too much but so far I've come to have some trouble with Heatran. At least if Hawlucha is gone at the time.

Was a while I played Showdown. I remember I stopped playing a while becous some players dragged out the timer a lot the moment they understood they were losing. Soo they hoped "I" would forfeit!

Tested some now and have to say, Dragalge hidden ability and life orb is extremly good! Always thought to breed a Skrelp in X/Y. Will do it now in Omega Ruby (After my Gallade)!

Was a while I played Showdown. I remember I stopped playing a while becous some players dragged out the timer a lot the moment they understood they were losing. Soo they hoped "I" would forfeit!

Tested some now and have to say, Dragalge hidden ability and life orb is extremly good! Always thought to breed a Skrelp in X/Y. Will do it now in Omega Ruby (After my Gallade)!
Dragalge is a monster now with Adaptability. A bulky set with Black Sludge, or an all out offensive one with Dragon Fang/Life Orb/Choice Specs is terrifying. A Specs Draco Meteor from one of those things is more powerful than a Life Orbed Latios'! Not to mention it has great coverage including Scald/Surf, Thunderbolt, Sludge Bomb/Wave, and Focus Blast. If your opponent doesn't have something specially defensive that resists Dragon type, something on their team is getting 1/2HKOd by a Draco.

Yes it was.

I think it was in BW as well... Don't quote me on that.

ALSO! I am a sad person without the Bank and only 1 3DS... You know what that means... I need to transfer my most used pokemon over into AS. Would anyone be willing to help me do this? Bonus points for being trustworthy because you could technically leave with my beloved pokemon at any time...
I just got Bank the other day and I'll be willing to help! My FC is 4742-6246-7700 :)

Soo I finished Delta episode and:
Zinnia is soo far, the worst character in the pokémon franchise!

Edit: Had a pretty fun fossil gang gameplay on showdown, didn't really think through that much on my team. Like, Kabutops I should eather take out aqua jet or waterfall and have a rock move instead.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-189621601

Last edited:
I got an Eon Ticket today, how do I give it to other people

By streetpass. I dont know how activate this in the game, but closing the 3DS can be work.

I got an Eon Ticket today, how do I give it to other people
I think I got mine from just walking around with my 3DS at my college.

Christmas can't come sooner for me. I'm pretty sure I'm getting it for Christmas. Might be. Not sure.

So I finished the story, great game! The story was very well improved, and I loved the Delta episode, even though it was a real horror to reset the legendaries. Since I already have a Deoxys with pretty good IV's I spared myself the boring procedure.

But... they really did it. They remade the best legendary battle theme!

So good. Also it was cool how they mimicked the little riddle you had to solve back in Firered/Leavegreen when Deoxys came out of the meteor.

And now the best part begins: Breeding and training! Sadly there's only the copied Battle Mansion from X/Y... sigh. The Battle Frontier was my favorite part of Emerald. Please Nintendo, I know you make DLC now, give me the Battle Frontier!

Did people play through the story with Exp. share turned on or off? Just wondering.
Also how much do you use super training and amie during story? I can never really be bothered with them or plain forget.

On. And it was super easy, had a pretty good team near the end.

Never used super training or ami, but will do now in the endgame.

Did people play through the story with Exp. share turned on or off? Just wondering.
Also how much do you use super training and amie during story? I can never really be bothered with them or plain forget.
Had EXP share on. My Mightyena (Who I kept around for the sole purpose of dealling with my rival's Sceptile with Fire Fang who became obsolete when I got Overheat for Manectric) ended up being a higher levell than Manectric who I used in almost every battle. Silly game....

I used the Super Training only to the point where I got all the secret regimens, then stopped and I maxed my Mudkip, Pooch, Latias and Electrike in Amie. My team was unstoppable because love avoids moves and lands crits. I love it.

I used the Super Training only to the point where I got all the secret regimens, then stopped and I maxed my Mudkip, Pooch, Latias and Electrike in Amie. My team was unstoppable because love avoids moves and lands crits. I love it.

This so much. I love Amie so much because of this.

This so much. I love Amie so much because of this.
Just the really cheeky and dumb hearts that pop out of your pokemon as they miraculously cure themselves of paralysis is absolutely beautiful. Our love cures the toxic poison that was killing my pokemon.

Kinda creepy though when it says "It read your mind and avoided the move <333" because I'm like "Well fuck, this leaf blade is gonna fuck you up Swampert". Then there's that awkward moment where you hope that they didn't actually read your mind word for word because that'd be pretty mean...

Pokemon battling is fun
C1dYyGo.png
Pokemon battling is fun
C1dYyGo.png
May I ask what is the EV spread for Mega Audino? I want to use one myself but not sure how they work.

May I ask what is the EV spread for Mega Audino? I want to use one myself but not sure how they work.
Tia (Audino) (F) @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Wish
- Heal Bell

Bloop

Tia (Audino) (F) @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Wish
- Heal Bell

Bloop
Really maximizing the effects of Calm Mind with that EV spread I see... But it's more of a support Mon anyways so I suppose that's better for it.

So while I was waiting around for Rellek earlier, I saw that I hadn't been into the safaris of a few people so I went to see what was up.

Came out with a shiny Lilipup without even trying. That makes the second shiny I've ever attained that wasn't an event. Granted plenty of people are running around with tons of shinies... And I probably won't even use the little guy. Then again I never got to really enjoy that Gold Magikarp I caught when I was a kid.

So while I was waiting around for Rellek earlier, I saw that I hadn't been into the safaris of a few people so I went to see what was up.

Came out with a shiny Lilipup without even trying. That makes the second shiny I've ever attained that wasn't an event. Granted plenty of people are running around with tons of shinies... And I probably won't even use the little guy. Then again I never got to really enjoy that Gold Magikarp I caught when I was a kid.
Wow man that's pretty badass. Shinies that people aren't specifically breeding for or chaining for are the ones that are really special. Spontaneous luck rather than grinding numbers together. Congratz!

Thanks! Given my luck the last several games I was sure I'd never get another shiny. Shame the nature wasn't too beneficial, otherwise I might have brought it to Omega Ruby. Then again I have a team mostly figured out already.

I really wish I had a Lillipup. If I had a Lillipup I would name it William Wallace, and I could have the leader of the Scottish rebellion at my side wherever I went.