• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Pokemon

My friend told me it'd work. >_>
I think he's full of shit since Focus Blast will eat his face but maybe he'll be able to withstand and super effective/critical with a Storm Throw.
Whoever told you Throh can revenge kill hydreigon is lying to you.
Use Choice Scarf Gardevoir. Moon blast his ass.

Well, that's interesting.

I FUCKING CAN'T.
THIS IS WHITE.
NO ORIGINAL POKEMON UNTIL I BEAT THE GAME.

Mienshao, Hi Jump Kick, no more Hydreigon, problem solved, your friend is bad at pokemon.

I FUCKING CAN'T.
THIS IS WHITE.
NO ORIGINAL POKEMON UNTIL I BEAT THE GAME.
You said you were super training him. I assumed XY.
Either way, any fast pokemon with Ice Beam or Bug Buzz should do well well if you don't have a fighting type. I don't remember having that much trouble with Ghetsis honestly.

You said you were super training him. I assumed XY.
Either way, any fast pokemon with Ice Beam or Bug Buzz should do well well if you don't have a fighting type. I don't remember having that much trouble with Ghetsis honestly.
I remember Volcarona was pretty good at taking outHydreigon. Few Quiver Dances and then destruction.

Elektross has levitate so ground moves won't work, just in case you didn't know. Though having that thunder wave immunity is good. Punch him out.

Elektross has levitate so ground moves won't work, just in case you didn't know. Though having that thunder wave immunity is good. Punch him out.
Plus not very effective against the Flamethrower.

I was gonna level a Drillbur but then I learned the fucker has a Flamethrower.

I'm leveling a Golett just incase that Eelekcross gives me trouble too -_-
Golurk is worth it but make sure it has Iron Fist ability. Klutz is kind of not worth it IMO.

Eelectross isn't very strong. Just send out any decent pokemon with a neutral type matchup to him, it might take a couple shots but he'll die.

Neither Golurk or Drilbur are resistant or weak to fire. Just saying.

I thought ground types didn't resist fire.

I thought ground types didn't resist fire.

They don't. That's what I was saying.

Well then that means Drilbur/Excadril is weak because it's steel type too.

Okay so I bred like 10 ralts without using a power item/destiny knot. What I got were 6/10 with 2 perfects IV's, 1 with 3, 1 with 4, and one with 0. That seems a little too suspiciously lucky to me. Especially since the Ralts with 4 perfect IV's had all the perfect IV's his parents had. The father was a Chimecho holding a Soothe bell, and the mother was a Ralts with an everstone. Am I missing something, or is the internet not completely informed on breeding mechanics in XY yet?

Fix'd. Also you forgot Trozei 2.

Okay so I bred like 10 ralts without using a power item/destiny knot. What I got were 6/10 with 2 perfects IV's, 1 with 3, 1 with 4, and one with 0. That seems a little too suspiciously lucky to me. Especially since the Ralts with 4 perfect IV's had all the perfect IV's his parents had. The father was a Chimecho holding a Soothe bell, and the mother was a Ralts with an everstone. Am I missing something, or is the internet not completely informed on breeding mechanics in XY yet?

Do not question the Random Generated Numbers when they are in your favor. Just take them and run.

In my mass amount of IV breeding there is usually a higher chance of them carrying the higher ones over but it is not guaranteed. The choice items help with this and now so does the knot but even then those aren't 100%.

@ Jutsei Yeah Hyedrigon is a pain to deal with. I pretty much had to win the fight by using revives and wearing out his PP. Use pokes that aren't weak to surf and try to force him to rely on Fire Blast and Focus Miss. Once those wear out he's easier to deal with. At least it's return in 2 it has a life orb so wearing it out is easier.

i love how the exact instant i was going to complain about how the RNG makes everything take forever the game gives me a phantump with IVs exactly where i want them

it's likely the RNG being nice (a very rare thing)

Reactions: soul_of_k
By some freak accident.
My friend's Throh strategy worked.
Revenge got a critical, then somehow the Hydreigon's Focus Blast missed.
Then Body Slam and it was done.

Well, did it.
The first Pokemon game I ever beat without giving up or losing interest in.

That's a... pretty lackluster achievement honestly, I dunno.

Reactions: Rellek
Pokemon Y is worth every penny I think pokemon amie and wild eevee make it worth the money. Also Scrafty could beat Ghetsis' whole party period.

Fuck Sonic lost world. I actually want to buy that too.

Reactions: Jutsei
Anyone wanna play matches in Pokemon Showdown?

OU Pokebank or VGC 2013 ladders.
Really freaking late but I've been playing showdown. I suck though. I haven't played competitive pokemon since, like, the beginning of gen 5. And I sucked back then too.
Come to think of it, are there enough people here that would post in it to make a competitive/trading thread?

Really freaking late but I've been playing showdown. I suck though. I haven't played competitive pokemon since, like, the beginning of gen 5. And I sucked back then too.
Come to think of it, are there enough people here that would post in it to make a competitive/trading thread?

I can catch Dittos in the Friend Park and have access to Gale Wing.

Also there is no question of what name my Ditto would have for battles even if it was only for a moment:

SG_palette_Doub18.jpg

About the whole "beating a hydregion thing". If it is a dragon, you can try a flygon. Dragons are strong vs themselves, flygon is a fast dragon, immune to earth and get decent damage out of earthquakes (that is a decent damaging move). Not the best solution, but at least he looks cool as hell and you can bear having him around easier than some abominations like a judo-fighting red potato sack with a scary eyebrow.

Also, got kinda depressed with my Pangoro. he can't learn the elemental punches (was hoping to add fire punch on it vs any fairy thing)

By some freak accident.
My friend's Throh strategy worked.
Revenge got a critical, then somehow the Hydreigon's Focus Blast missed.
Then Body Slam and it was done.

Well, did it.
The first Pokemon game I ever beat without giving up or losing interest in.

Talk to me when you beat BW2.
Also postgame (though BW1's post game is kind of boring).

@above Fairy is not weak to fire.

About the whole "beating a hydregion thing". If it is a dragon, you can try a flygon. Dragons are strong vs themselves, flygon is a fast dragon, immune to earth and get decent damage out of earthquakes (that is a decent damaging move). Not the best solution, but at least he looks cool as hell and you can bear having him around easier than some abominations like a judo-fighting red potato sack with a scary eyebrow.

Also, got kinda depressed with my Pangoro. he can't learn the elemental punches (was hoping to add fire punch on it vs any fairy thing)
It's more of Ghensis's Hyedrigon at the end of Black and White 1 which will wreak any team unprepared to deal with it and you would also only have access to Gen 5 pokemon without trading.

I bet Pangoro could learn some elemental punches from breeding but don't quote me on that. Also Fairy aren't weak to fire it's that Fire Types resist Fairy attacks. It WOULD be useful for the Fairy/Steel Types however.

Fairy isn't weak to fire.
It's weak to poison and steel.
Pangoro learns poison jab.
You're welcome. Also parting shot is amazing.

Against my better judgement, yeah I'm getting Y tomorrow.
Having a conundrum on what Pokemon to pick for starters though.
I get two (THREE if you count Torchic!)

Its irrelevant.

Just whore Torchic out to high as fuck levels.

Speed Boost Blaziken-Mega runs train on the whole game.

I just ran all fire starters. Also don't worry about catching wild Pokemon. Every Pokemon you need is giving to you. Worry about all that post game.

Just hit me up whenever ya wanna play man. I use to play OU back in R/S/E and D/P/P... I skipped ALL of Gen 5 though so I have a lot to relearn. It's worth a shot I'd post in it.

Jutsei: Yeah dude X/Y is EASILY the easiest gen of Pokemon.

@Horseman @soul_of_k

Checked Serebii. he doesn't seem to get elemental punches, and yeah, when i've said fire punch i was thinking about THAT fairy-type. Would chew her mighty defenses on like candy. Also, poison jab doesn't get the damage bonus from iron fist. That said, i'm cool with sky uppercut for damage. Attack 90 + STAB + 20% ability buff in a pokémon with great attack and decent speed sure can cause some damage.

Moving to another topic...

wzENBMM.jpg

From time to time this happens... Imagine my despair playing Tactics ogre on PSP when a key character is a Duke and always referred that way. Had to restart the game just to change the goddamn name.

Got_My_Eyes_On_You.gif

Reactions: Jutsei
Well then that means Drilbur/Excadril is weak because it's steel type too.

False.

Drilbur is solo Ground type.

finnekin is a good fire starter, and it gets some really good psychich attacks. dont know about chespin and froakie TBH.

So my friend wasn't joking about it being really easy.
I think that's more a sin of Pokemon Amie being just that good
He's probably related to Big Big.
tumblr_inline_mtk9l2hQ4P1rqzzmx.png