• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Pokemon

just pointing out that Crabrawler is based on the coconut crab, a species of crab that doesn't live in water, not the mantis shrimp

Yes... i see this after, but... I bet his get an evolution and becames a mantis shrimp. Coconut Crab are not a good scuse to be fighting, but a mantis shrimp...

You would think having "crab" in the name would be a tipoff, but

A lot of times I see the Mantis Shrimp be called Mantis Crab (because his "fighting defense stance" who put his abdomen/tail in front of body, as a crab), so the name not "ring my bell"...

Last edited:
dBLv8vK.jpg

Reactions: KZN02
Crabrawler is also noted to love high places like trees and buildings
Coconut crabs got their name because they're really good at climbing coconut trees

Yes, is a coconut crab... I already say this. You guys know sometimes a pre-evolution pokemon can be a short/minor/derturped version of the final evolution who are based in something. In the first moment, I think this crab is an pokemon version of Mantis Shrimp (because I dont remember about the coconut crab). Few minutes later I find about the coconut and revised my opinion.

I think this one will get an evolution and became something like a Mantis Shrimp...

I don't know about you, but this pokemon is way too big and detailed to get an evo after it. If anything, it'd get a prevo to be revealed later, like Clawitzer > Clauncher or Bewear > Stufful

Mantis Shrimp are terrifying assholes. I hope we get one this gen.

The problem: the ability kicks only he be hit by a supereffective move... and water... a lot of water moves are special. He need has a giant Sp. Def to be efficient.
The ability grants him an immunity to Water, you can see he didn't take any damage when absorbing the hit.

The ability grants him an immunity to Water, you can see he didn't take any damage when absorbing the hit.
But he did have a hit animation as well as a SE noise. immunity abilities never have this.

I don't know about you, but this pokemon is way too big and detailed to get an evo after it. If anything, it'd get a prevo to be revealed later, like Clawitzer > Clauncher or Bewear > Stufful

He has the same Height/Weight of Corpish...

He has the same Height/Weight of Corpish...
.... huh. Right you are my friend. Well in that case, let's hope you're right.

Watch Ash get one, and it instantly becomes Corpish's rival

With Ash's luck, I can see he get a Crabrawler (and be hitting a lot of times) and get a Bewear (and be crushed to death) :PUJNA:

My faith was restored when I saw more new today. Hopefully we keep getting more throughout the weekend. Especially on the 21 since a 'rumor' says they'll reveal Ash (Rainbow) Greninja that day and that will be the "If that leak is real or not moment".

Either way my opinion on the new guys is that they are neat. Nothing insanely great but nothing horrible. I like the Sand Castle Ghost but I heard a opinion that a Youtuber said when I saw these and I kinda agreed a bit in that I would like some more general cool badass pokemon instead of overly tropical to the region pokemon. I know this is supposed to be the Hawian Pokemon region but still not everyone will love the tropical feel to some of these pokemon if it goes overboard. But othe

You guys know sometimes a pre-evolution pokemon can be a short/minor/derturped version of the final evolution who are based in something

Yeah like when Cynaquil and Quilava are echidnas and Typhlosion is a Mongoose.

My faith was restored when I saw more new today. Hopefully we keep getting more throughout the weekend. Especially on the 21 since a 'rumor' says they'll reveal Ash (Rainbow) Greninja that day and that will be the "If that leak is real or not moment".

That leak already hit a wall: they call a pokemon but the name his call is about a new game from Game Freaks.

Crabrawler: Huh. Looks alright. Hyper Cutter and Iron Fist could both be useful abilities, probably. Surprised at not being Water/Fighting tho.

Sandygast/Passoland: I'm not sold on Water Compaction, since it apparently requires taking a super-effective hit (Water is super-effective here, right?), but I still like Passoland's design. Hopefully the hidden ability's better.

Stufful: Looks like a stuffed animal, complete with a tag in the back. I am okay with this.

Outside of Stufful, I kinda like these new Pokémon.

wasn't there an item that mitigated super effective damage?

wasn't there an item that mitigated super effective damage?
There are berries that reduce damage from specific SE Types. If Pallosand gets access to Recover/Pain Split, and holds a Passho Berry, that might be a viable strat. It all really depends on its stats of course.

Hopefully it has really good special defense to make up for the fact that its Ability only helps it against Physical Waters.

Reactions: Candra Software
I can see Passoland being useful in Baton Pass teams, if it can learn it. Namely I can see it being useful in doubles with a surf pokemon with low Sp.Atk, like Rhyperior, and set up for Def wall/staller.

Focus sash strategy?
Oh man, Sash/Pain Split would be disgusting. I honestly hope this thing gets Arena Trap as a Hidden Ability, but that might be too much to hope for.

I'm calling next alola form is Jynx. The only reason I say this is because in the Battle Mansion there are a bunch of 'throw away' pokemon that used and destroyed by the type of pokemon you need to use to get decently far. Pokemon like Marowak, Raichu, Ninetails and Executor, while have decent strategies more or less get destroyed. As far as I know Sandslash doesn't appear in the Mansion and I know Persian doesn't (but Meowth might in the beginning courses). Also the two Gen One Grass types Vileplume and Victribell might get one if this theory hold water. There also aren't any throw away gen 2+ pokemon (except maybe Slowking) other then maybe some of the non-Mega Mega Pokemon and the gen 6 pokemon like Gourgiest and Treviant.

oh my... the weeks without new are frustrating

oh my... the weeks without new are frustrating

That they are, but when the news breaks we overanalyze every scrap. I'm betting on a lot of news at TGS in a few weeks.

There's also supposed to be a Nintendo Direct on September 1st. While we'll most likely get more news during TGS, I'm sure the Direct will give us something.

At last we always can wait for corocoro... this month we will get the Rockruff evolution

I'm calling next alola form is Jynx. The only reason I say this is because in the Battle Mansion there are a bunch of 'throw away' pokemon that used and destroyed by the type of pokemon you need to use to get decently far. Pokemon like Marowak, Raichu, Ninetails and Executor, while have decent strategies more or less get destroyed. As far as I know Sandslash doesn't appear in the Mansion and I know Persian doesn't (but Meowth might in the beginning courses). Also the two Gen One Grass types Vileplume and Victribell might get one if this theory hold water. There also aren't any throw away gen 2+ pokemon (except maybe Slowking) other then maybe some of the non-Mega Mega Pokemon and the gen 6 pokemon like Gourgiest and Treviant.
Slowking is slowbro's alolan form already

YEAH!!!!!! Pulverizing Pankake!!!!!!!!!!

Alolan Raticate confirmed.

"Unlike ordinary Rattata, urban areas are Alolan Rattata’s main habitat. They are nocturnal and live in nests of several dozen. Alolan Rattata have an excellent aptitude for sniffing out delicious fresh foods in Alola. They pay no attention to foods that aren’t fresh. Alolan Raticate serve as their boss."

Yes, that's all well in good, but you guys forgot the best info. Buying SM before January 11th will get you access to the Snorlium-Z item, which will allow a snorlax to become...

THE ULTIMATE GODSLAYER, SHIN SNORLAX

dff143a7ce5b020cfa615f9e70ca4e52.gif

Great, now we've got event-only Z-moves too. This better not be competitively useful.

What I am curious about is say Snorlax's Pulverizing Pancake is normal type. Why would you use the Normal Type Z Move verses Snorlax's Z-Move other then appearance?

The signature move is probably stronger than the generic one.

It could also come with some sort of bonus effect or somesuch