• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Poll: Are the Beta changes ready for prime-time?

Should the Beta IPS/undizzy/counterhit changes be implemented into the Real Game?

• Yes! RIGHT NOW.

Votes: 112 34.6%
  • Yes, but wait and put them in with Big Band.

Votes: 54 16.7%
  • No. I don't like them / they need further work.

Votes: 116 35.8%
  • I don't care. I will continue playing/avoiding the game the same amount either way.

Votes: 42 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel this needs to be said, to the people who keep chiming on about how they enjoy long combos I have a suggestion to make.

There you go enjoy, there will be nobody for you to bore except the CPU who fortunately, much like you does not understand or feel boredom in your single player BlazblueMarvel3FinalFantasyTurnBased game that you obviously yearn for. Those of us who actually want to play a game with some pacing will continue to hope this game improves for the better, lel.
dude...just calm down a bit...one of the main draws of anime fighters are long swag-inducing combos. Killer instinct is sure as hell gonna have combos even longer...execution might be a tag easier, but still, KI has changed a lot and people love it enough to get an xbox one like wowww...but people aren't crazy for liking them.

And being a "new" player is a state of being. people arent new for long. and the game isn't just for new players either but those who play. i understand changing ips or even shortening things a LITTLE, but I personally feel this is just the start of this balancing...and of course ill always love squigly...but this makes stance canceling almost have no point aside from trying to be safe.

I think it's a step in the right direction, but needs more than just undizzy and scaling/counterhit stuff.

But all in all, whatever the community likes best ill try to go with. im too tired to argue

I don't think everyone who casted a vote needs to chime in and explain themselves. If they prefer it a certain way, it is what it is. People who do want to talk about why they are okay with or not okay with the changes being shipped right now will do so, either to get people to see their point of view or maybe sway those who are torn on the subject.

As far as whether Mike Z will ship it regardless of if the votes were favor of "no": I don't think he'd bother making the poll if he didn't care to some degree whether a large amount of people were ready to accept the changes as they are or not. But it has been pretty obvious that something was gonna be changed with the system since there are a lot of people not in favor of letting it rock and he seems to want it changed a bit himself. Not necessarily meaning he'd settle on this set of changes, but something.

dude...just calm down a bit...one of the main draws of anime fighters are long swag-inducing combos. Killer instinct is sure as hell gonna have combos even longer...

Well KI combos are different, because KI combos have interaction/guessing games within the combos.

The people who don't like skullgirls because of combo length are the same people who get hype for watching marvel 3 and proceed to go out and buy/play marvel 3.

People who didn't like skullgirls before will continue to not like skullgirls now because its skullgirls.

Not true at all. The shorter combo length got some folks I know into the game who rejected it as a kusoge before. If anything, I think it doesn't go far enough.

I was one of those folks who rejected the game initially. I supported you guys because I liked the non-gameplay stuff. MDE made me like the game, because it toned down the dumbest stuff.

Also, remember that folks on here are human- and as such, tend to like to keep their competitive advantages (long combos are a huge competitive advantage). Folks like dumb stuff sometimes because it allows them to play dumb and just fraud people out- a more reset-based game tends to reduce that. It may not be the best choice for popularity, but it is a great choice for quality.

The one thing I'm not a fan of is the increased undizzy for CHs, I'd rather is just be a raw damage increase, but it's something I can live with.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nuuance
If people are really this split, I suggest one more go at trying to find a new solution. If one can't be found, and a change still needs to be made (which I'm pretty sure it does) then just let Mike batten down the hatches in his Ivory Tower and pick the one he thinks best. Weather the storm for a month or two, and after you come out either all the naysayers will have left for greener pastures, or have gotten used to the change.

Whatever choice gets made, make it before the console patch.

This split occurs in every fighting game- it's really a philosophical split between the lab monsters and the reset monsters. It's the closest thing the FGC has to political parties.

Reactions: Dime
Holy fuck online is empty.....what the fuck happened?

Holy fuck online is empty.....what the fuck happened?

New version just got uploaded.

This patch is Just for peacock & cerebella players who don't need any powerful combos.
And all of Balentine player will leave this game.

This patch will break the power balance of the characters
Plz think again. Is this patch is really for all of skullgirls player?

Just go away to SSF4, not trying to fix skullgirls for you guys.

Skullgirls is Skullgirls.

Reactions: scrubbyscum999
Reset Monsters are also lab monsters - actually, more so.
Finding strong resets is way more lab work than learning SG combos.

Not for me it isn't. Strong resets are stupid easy to come up with... I don't even need to be in training mode to do it. Combos on the other hand are very hard for me to come up with.

Moral of the story: not everyone is you and we all have our strengths and weaknesses.

ive never really been good at resets in other games but SG is SUPER DUPER easy to find good resets in. hell. pretty much anything in this game can be a reset soley for the fact that the game has restands in it. some BB players i know were recently freaking out that Taokaka has a move that restands the opp in CP and i was just like "oh yea?" lol.

anyway at this point i almost dont care what happens with this game since i cant fucking play it. squiqs patch on consoles will already be out of date on fucking release day anyhow so yea....

Reactions: Dime
So did you play in beta with Balentain?

She is absolutely weaker than others whether act the reset or not

Last edited:
So did you play in beta with Balentain?

She is absolutely weaker than others whether act the reset or not
I'm a valentine main, and well, I feel more or less the same, but I've always used short combos and resets.

Balentain is top tier. #nerfbalentain

Reactions: Mao
Leave Balentain alone. She didn't do anything wrong.

Reactions: Mao
This patch is Just for peacock & cerebella players who don't need any powerful combos.
And all of Balentine player will leave this game.

This patch will break the power balance of the characters
Plz think again. Is this patch is really for all of skullgirls player?

Just go away to SSF4, not trying to fix skullgirls for you guys.

Skullgirls is Skullgirls.
who says this

I half agree, though a large amount of mine came from just trying stuff in game.

My logic for wanting them now is basically "let's not wait the probably two more months until Big Band when we could make the console versions and PC versions EXACTLY ALIKE except for Big Band being in it. Then next patch all that would be there would be Big Band and boom.

And we would also have more time with the new changes, which is always a plus.

My logic for wanting them now is basically "let's not wait the probably two more months until Big Band when we could make the console versions and PC versions EXACTLY ALIKE except for Big Band being in it. Then next patch all that would be there would be Big Band and boom.

We will probably have more minor tweaks besides the IPS changes, but the IPS changes are probably needed to see how powerful the characters are under that system, to do tweaking there.

Countdown to people that think they are natural neutral monsters held down by combo nerds complaining about these fucking online scrubs mashing reversals out of their shitty no-crossup grounded resets

Maybe if the undizzy went back to 0 on a reset, it be better. Its not like a dizzy that causes a stun when it fills, but one that shows a characters limit till they can break your combo. I can accept smaller combos if undizzy goes to zero after a reset. Otherwise a reset heavy game isn't that great.

Still not really happy with the way undizzy works, but I like the other changes.

Reactions: BuffTheMagic

Totally agree. Why wait if these changes are what its going to be when BB drops? There may be some tweaks needed but overall I think it's a plenty stable system, it just has opinions against it. It's not like its the vanilla experiement that let combos go wildly out of control.

I'd rather just get used to the system now (or when I get a goddamn computer that can run SG) than wait until BB.

I'd rather the system not change rip
gonna hold this L in my chest
chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png

Since some people in this thread brought up issues due to lack of a visual cue for undizzy, Brady made an undizzy stun bar for the UI as a visual aide tool and now live on the main PC build.

Now people from any skill levels would be able see what combos/reset situations could possibly work 'in-match' so they can avoid frustration of setting off Undizzy by accidentally pressing a button one more time then necessary and adjust accordingly.

Since some people in this thread brought up issues due to lack of a visual cue for undizzy, Brady made an undizzy stun bar for the UI as a visual aide tool and now live on the main PC build.

Now people from any skill levels would be able see what combos/reset situations could possibly work 'in-match' so they can avoid frustration of setting off Undizzy by accidentally pressing a button one more time then necessary and simply adjust accordingly.

Oh Brady....

post-25367-give-that-man-a-cookie-meme-Pu-7nU9.jpeg

I hope I don't get kicked in the nuts for this:

Now SG is the second game to have an undizzy meter that is visual, next to Killer Instinct 3. Now Killer instinct and SG can hold hands.

Thank you very much Brady! Appreciated!

It would be neat if that stun bar started green and then turned red when it was full just so it would be easy to tell that it is full at a quick glance.

It would be neat if that stun bar started green and then turned red when it was full just so it would be easy to tell that it is full at a quick glance.
Mike Z said that the bar's colour will be changed to green anyway.

all I want is big Band stage and theme

Well, since the beta big band and the changes are being tested at the same time, refininf both and launching both at the same time would grant both a more perfected IPS and even more impact with Big Band's Arrival.

Status
Not open for further replies.