• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

POLL: Keep Fukua in the game?

Should Fukua stay in the game?

• Yes!

Votes: 383 88.7%
  • Hell no!

Votes: 50 11.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really liked the visual improvement of the Beta changes.

#KeepFukua2014

1EilIj.png
I don't suppose you have an animated version? I wanna see how it looks in motion and I don't wanna have to wait until I get home in like 5 hours.

I like it. It's unobtrusive and it's clear that the character on the screen isn't Filia.
Word. And Fukua's projectile and effects are pink for Palette 4. That's all I could ever ask for.

Reactions: gllt
I agree, this aura works really well.

694 posts. 694 posts and I've read them all. Where do I report for my medal?
Wrong, 695. And now 696 because of me

I952nq7.gif
Can't contain this amount of flamboyant sparkly aurora. Reminds me of your typical bishe.
tumblr_n1d4wpHjed1s9zb41o2_500.gif

Yeah I'm liking this since from face value this makes her quite different from Filia from the unique palettes, different character symbol, different idle, different poses, and now unique effects.

Fukua feels visually complete now. Loved the sparkles, before I was thinking about using double's effects, turned out similar but beautifully firefly-esque.

I like how's the secretly chilling in the select screen now... So mysteriously hidden, like Dan and Akuma in Pocket Fighters! xD

I love how Fukua plays honestly. Her game style is a throw back to alot of old "secrete" fighters like Shadow Lady. Honestly that's who she reminds me of the most, specially since I played Shadow Lady a ton. The Drill Special is som'in that reminds me of Shadow Lady's Drill move. It's just Chun Li's Fireball but A Drill graphic instead. Pretty much what MikeZ did with Fukua XD Gives me a fun Nostalgia throw back. Also, for some reason, I can play her better then Filia. Her attacks just flows with me better then Filia's did. I for sure voted for her to stay, and I've already made several combo videos with her. I look forward to seeing more of her work and the rest of the indiegogo cast built ^_^

It's really buggin' me how her icon is gone on the character select screen. Are they planning on adding it back? I'm a little confused here...

It's really buggin' me how her icon is gone on the character select screen. Are they planning on adding it back? I'm a little confused here...
i think they were just redrawing it

They temporarily pulled it because apparently people don't like palette swap artwork. We'll probably get a new thing of artwork once she releases for real.

Oh. Okay, thanks for response, dude.

"Hello, everyone! We hope you enjoyed playing as Fukua! We've moved her to the PC beta version only for now so we can make some visual tweaks and balance adjustments. She's already got some improvements in there that you can check out right now!

We also made her character select icon invisible to give her that "secret character" feel.

We'll decide in the next few days whether or not we'll keep her as a permanent character, and if we do, we'll keep her in beta so she gets plenty of play-testing before we add her to the official game. That INCLUDES PS3 and 360! If she stays, she'll of course be added to consoles, and will always be 100% FREE.

Yesterday, Mike Z took to the Skullheart forums to answer some questions about Fukua: http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/whats-up-with-fukua-a-q-a-with-mike-z.2433/

(For those unaware, if you own Skullgirls on PC, you automatically have access to the Endless Beta! You don't need a special key!)

For those wondering about Big Band and 360version updates:
- We should hear back from Microsoft any day now. Should've heard back by now, but hopefully by the end of the week
- Things are looking good on the PS3 side of things for BB and we're just figuring out a couple of specifics w/ Sony."

Source

Reactions: Vadsamoht
"Hello, everyone! We hope you enjoyed playing as Fukua! We've moved her to the PC beta version only for now so we can make some visual tweaks and balance adjustments. She's already got some improvements in there that you can check out right now!

We also made her character select icon invisible to give her that "secret character" feel.

We'll decide in the next few days whether or not we'll keep her as a permanent character, and if we do, we'll keep her in beta so she gets plenty of play-testing before we add her to the official game. That INCLUDES PS3 and 360! If she stays, she'll of course be added to consoles, and will always be 100% FREE.

Yesterday, Mike Z took to the Skullheart forums to answer some questions about Fukua: http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/whats-up-with-fukua-a-q-a-with-mike-z.2433/

(For those unaware, if you own Skullgirls on PC, you automatically have access to the Endless Beta! You don't need a special key!)

For those wondering about Big Band and 360version updates:
- We should hear back from Microsoft any day now. Should've heard back by now, but hopefully by the end of the week
- Things are looking good on the PS3 side of things for BB and we're just figuring out a couple of specifics w/ Sony."

Source
Oh. So... is she gonna stay as that "secret character"?

Okay, sorry. I was just confused because I heard that she was given that "secret" character feel and that her icon will come back so I was confused.

I'm smiling from ear to ear because shes here to stay. *fanboy yell

no

Yes, actually. Mike said on IRC last night that he pretty much has no intention of putting her char icon back in. Unless he changes his mind, it's staying that way.

Yes, actually. Mike said on IRC last night that he pretty much has no intention of putting her char icon back in. Unless he changes his mind, it's staying that way.
oh I thought they were just redrawing it, man Im going to get some OCD over this

Reactions: gllt, DDB and Φ
Oh. I see then.

Aww sad face, oh well

I hope not but whatever.

Yeah I'd have rather seen the icon stay or maybe move it to a weirder spot that's symmetrical. But that leaves room for Annie! @DDB

Reactions: DDB
That's a good way of putting a positive spin on it.

It just bothers me... I was never really fond of the secret character thing.

If her spot is going to remain hidden, I wonder how much hassle it would be to put her next to Filia outside the boundaries? It would feel more secret-character-y, and it would be easy to remember where she is.

I think i suggested that to mike, can't remember but I like that idea, I just wish that fortune was on the other side of filia from the random so robo fortune and fukua could be hidden in the middle row. Like how it is in the old JJBA game.

Status
Not open for further replies.