• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

POLL: Keep Fukua in the game?

Should Fukua stay in the game?

• Yes!

Votes: 383 88.7%
  • Hell no!

Votes: 50 11.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest thing the game is lacking is characters so I'm all for her. Kind of sad that Filia's normals are being nerfed right as a new, much more appealing(to me) version of her is created but oh well.

I do think she should stay in beta testing for a while if she's only a week old though.

there are 30 people viewing this thread right now. There's more people viewing this thread than there are Skullheart users that I know by username.
Also, if Ono thinks that Fukua is funny(he doesn't work on Street Fighter anymore from what I hear, BTW) Then mission accomplished.
A winner is you.
You're Winner.
All your success are belong to us.

Reactions: lolster2nite
there are 30 people viewing this thread right now. There's more people viewing this thread than there are Skullheart users that I know by username.
Also, if Ono thinks that Fukua is funny(he doesn't work on Street Fighter anymore from what I hear, BTW) Then mission accomplished.
A winner is you.
You're Winner.
All your success are belong to us.
Wait, holy shit.
Ono finds Fukua funny?

Reactions: No longer exist
Onno aproved, keep Fukua!

GTDmcl.png

Source
so nobody saw this?
f'reals?

At first I didn't know what to think but she's growing on me. Especially as I find the idea of a trio with Fukua Filia and Double very amusing. Fukua on point with updo and slide assists. A sort of Filia one man army. Someone please main that team.

Oh, shit, it's TomaMoto! I have to ask: When(and if) you play skullgirls do you say stuff in your announcer voice just to screw with folks? I totally would...

Oh, shit, it's TomaMoto! I have to ask: When(and if) you play skullgirls do you say stuff in your announcer voice just to screw with folks? I totally would...
Yes, I have done this before. It's mainly for my own satisfaction since nobody ever questions it. They probably just think I'm doing a mediocre impression of the "real" announcer.

Staying on-topic, I don't mind Fukua hanging around so long as I can easily tell her from Filia whenever they're both onscreen, from the select and loading screens, to the actual fights.

I like the idea of her having an aura, to keep costs low, especially since my idea would be a pain to implement and possibly give everyone a seizure... Making the line-art vibrate all scribbly-scrabbly, like in Ed, Edd & Eddy. Or have a trippy glitchy effect layered on top. Or change colors like Double Rainbow. Or have her be a character that can only be unlocked/used when inputting a secret code.

I'm definitely super biased though, because Robo-Fortune.

I love how diverse the Skullgirls cast is and has the potential to be, and so long as duplicates aren't the norm and not hurting anybody, why take away a character that people are having fun playing with?

Staying on-topic, I don't mind Fukua hanging around so long as I can easily tell her from Filia whenever they're both onscreen, from the select and loading screens, to the actual fights.

I like the idea of her having an aura, to keep costs low, especially since my idea would be a pain to implement and possibly give everyone a seizure... Making the line-art vibrate all scribbly-scrabbly, like in Ed, Edd & Eddy. Or have a trippy glitchy effect layered on top. Or change colors like Double Rainbow. Or have her be a character that can only be unlocked/used when inputting a secret code.

I'm definitely super biased though, because Robo-Fortune.

I love how diverse the Skullgirls cast is and has the potential to be, and so long as duplicates aren't the norm and not hurting anybody, why take away a character that people are having fun playing with?
This, combined with TomaMoto's appearance, has made my day.

Maybe pulsating in and out of 8 bit fuzz

or more Make-up

Was thinking this. Similar to the marie 300% version of squigly's story.

I was going to suggest something like that, as well. Specifically, Filia and Fukua get into an argument over whether Samson or Shamone is the better friend-slash-horrifying-parasite, and it descends into violence.

The Aura around her (not Hatred Install) seems to be best if it's frequent enough to see the differences. Also maybe something for her Team picture when she's in reserve so you can tell which you are tagging in between Filia and Fukua when they are using alternate colors from their defaults.

EDIT: Lightning is fine too >w<

An aura or lightning would be amusing, it'd probably be Braindrain/Painwheel colors though.

I still think some minor aesthetics like what Parasoul has for some of her pallete swaps would also help. Nonetheless Fukua would be a good "Fellow copy" for Brain Drain. It lets us know he hasn't been blind to the conflict all around the Canopy Kingdom and the combatants within.

just make her invisible?

Aura is not easy; makeup is not easy; 8bit is not easy.
What she'll get...was easy. :^)
It's not a variation of Double Rainbow's undulating colors is it?

It's not a variation of Double Rainbow's undulating colors is it?
Maybe her hair will fade in and out like Eddie does in GGXX.

Tomar and Kimlinh have spoken. Nay-saying is out of question by this point...

Fukua is the future! All hail Fukua!

m(_ _)m

Is a collaboration impossible?

Haha naw it's not a big deal. I'm just some guy.

Reactions: gllt
After reading everything all of the opinions, I've decided to change my stance. When she arrives in full, I'll give Fukua a chance. I can't change my poll on the vote, but I know when to give.

Not that the poll really matters because, as Mike Z said, "up to the community" means "up to (him) unless community disagrees, and even then it's still up to him". Which, by the way, I wasn't aware of before. NOW SOMEONE TELLS ME. >:(

Besides, if one of the voice actresses is willing to give it a chance, why not at this point?

DDB said:
It's a nametag that says Hi I'm Fukua

That is just hilarious. :)

Number 13 said:
She will get a bumper sticker on her rear end saying "My child is an honor student at Canopy Middle School".

That's just mean to fat people. :( DDB's idea wins.

Give Fukua a Mag (PSO).
16N1FGQ.jpg

They could be a mini-Fortune head that just hangs around her.
...Funnily enough, I thought about Brain Drain stalking floating around her 24/7. But, that WOULD take up too much space, would it?

...Give Fukua the Mike Z/Cerebella cat. Like, scuttling, hopping around, with Fukua.

Have Z-cat stroll up to her during her drill cage winpose?

...Funnily enough, I thought about Brain Drain stalking floating around her 24/7. But, that WOULD take up too much space, would it?

...Give Fukua the Mike Z/Cerebella cat. Like, scuttling, hopping around, with Fukua.
Maybe have some Cat-exclusive specials? Like a pouncing DP?

Status
Not open for further replies.