• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

POLL: Keep Fukua in the game?

Should Fukua stay in the game?

• Yes!

Votes: 383 88.7%
  • Hell no!

Votes: 50 11.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
RX3z6zY.gif

Probably been said a dozen times in here already, but this thread grew damn fast and I can't keep up with y'all.

As a filter to differenciate her from Filia, Fukua could have Parasoul's flame effects being applied permanently, but in black maybe? I don't mean the flashing red lights to indicate burning, I mean the little flame sprites.

jello oozing from her like Eliza's tomato blood as seen in the concept video

since her hair is made of Jello why don't we make Shamone, See through
This seems like the easiest way to distinguish her from Filia. That's possible right? It worked with Squigly, unless Filia's sprites are too old somehow.

Plus hilarity, that's always an upside.

This seems like the easiest way to distinguish her from Filia. That's possible right? It worked with Squigly, unless Filia's sprites are too old somehow.

Not really, there are a lot of transparent Filia frames For Fukua like her intro and BFF super

It would look odd, considering that fukua would appear invisible through the lens of her hair.

Guys, why am I thinking of Cartman's voice or Rihanna's Umbrella from POSIndustries' video? Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!

has reusing squiglies fire effects over her eyes/etc been suggested yet? first thing i thought of upon fukua's release.

Can we go into MS Paint and give her huge eyebrows
you know, a Fake Crash reference.

Can we change her burst animation to Filia's airball in place? (Like Sonic the Hedgehog charging up but in the air.) I think it would make a good burst animation, personally. A unique burst animation is a nice touch if she has any frames that would make a good replacement. I just think this is the best candidate.

I think this along with the Cilia Slide raw tag but that ends in one of her win poses (The one where she's smiling and samson opens his mouth?) for a moment would be good changes to help differentiate her more without needing new frames. And it would still resemble Filia's raw tag, but grounded. This has been brought up already but I wanted to readdress it with the winpose suggestion to add 'similarity but difference'.

I suggest the winpose so she has an animated but vulnerable period like Filia's raw tag does at the end. But I don't know if cilia slide > win pose > idle would look nice. I know cilia slide > idle might.

I wouldn't mind changing air throw/ground throw frames.. but I don't know to WHAT.

I could be wrong about these looking nice! But I think they would.

If there are any smooth frames you could squeeze in her throws to make it look like she balls up or something that would be neat. Steal something from Gregor Samson/Hairball maybe? But IDK if that would make her look choppier, but I wouldn't mind it resembling Cerebella's throw sort of in terms of motion. It'd be cool if she grabbed them, rolled them up in her hairball/gregorball (Fortune's throw) spun around once (Cerebella's throw) and threw them (Filia's ending throw frames again like normal) but if the transition is impossible with current frames to make it look good or would make it impractical, thats fine. I think her throws are fine visually.

It's the burst and raw tag I would like to see changed. Raw tag at the very least.

I could live with none of them being changed, but no one has told me to shut up yet so I still want to give my two cents on touching her up in 'fun ways' that use current assets. With what knowledge I have. Which isn't much.

Thank you for your time.

Maybe make her snapback from light Updo?

Can we change her burst animation to Filia's airball in place? (Like Sonic the Hedgehog charging up but in the air.) I think it would make a good burst animation, personally. A unique burst animation is a nice touch if she has any frames that would make a good replacement. I just think this is the best candidate.

I think this along with the Cilia Slide raw tag but that ends in one of her win poses (The one where she's smiling and samson opens his mouth?) for a moment would be good changes to help differentiate her more without needing new frames. And it would still resemble Filia's raw tag, but grounded. This has been brought up already but I wanted to readdress it with the winpose suggestion to add 'similarity but difference'.

I suggest the winpose so she has an animated but vulnerable period like Filia's raw tag does at the end. But I don't know if cilia slide > win pose > idle would look nice. I know cilia slide > idle might.

I wouldn't mind changing air throw/ground throw frames.. but I don't know to WHAT.

I could be wrong about these looking nice! But I think they would.

If there are any smooth frames you could squeeze in her throws to make it look like she balls up or something that would be neat. Steal something from Gregor Samson/Hairball maybe? But IDK if that would make her look choppier, but I wouldn't mind it resembling Cerebella's throw sort of in terms of motion. It'd be cool if she grabbed them, rolled them up in her hairball/gregorball (Fortune's throw) spun around once (Cerebella's throw) and threw them (Filia's ending throw frames again like normal) but if the transition is impossible with current frames to make it look good or would make it impractical, thats fine. I think her throws are fine visually.

It's the burst and raw tag I would like to see changed. Raw tag at the very least.

I could live with none of them being changed, but no one has told me to shut up yet so I still want to give my two cents on touching her up in 'fun ways' that use current assets. With what knowledge I have. Which isn't much.

Thank you for your time.

For the burst, I don't think it's a good idea for them to repurpose existing animation to make a new, less-polished animation for something that never needed a new animation in the first place.

Her tag-in doesn't need to be different from Filia's either, but if it was different I wouldn't mind it being her old vertical tag-in from the old pre-alpha builds of Skullgirls (where she would drop from the ceiling with her shears).

I think it's more important that they don't go ham trying to make her look "diverse" by changing stuff that doesn't need to be changed. Think GG Mode Ky, where by-and-large his moveset is retained, but with minor additions and slight alterations to stuff like his idle animation and whatnot.

Reactions: gllt
The only one I really want changed is the tag because a tag for me is equivalent to a reversal special and all her specials and supers are unique but her tag is not. I don't mind the same normals at all because her play style is inherently different regardless. Her burst and throw animations can stay the same and it won't make a difference either but I still like tossing out the ideas.

The snapback change would be nice, it's in between for me. In the end its non essential to change it as anything else mentioned here. But I think light Updo would be nice as a snapback.

Thanks Flotilla, I appreciate the input a lot! I do agree with you, mostly. I still prefer a horizontal tag though. But I'd like the scissor tag.

Why do I get the feeling that Fukua is missing a Raging Demon super, since every half-assed palette swapped Mugen character has one.

For the exact reason that you need pretty much zero animation frames to make one.

Edit - Not actually a serious suggestion

Last edited:

It's the burst and raw tag I would like to see changed. Raw tag at the very least
I was hoping it could be like her intro. She splits into two, comes back together. Heck, the pose she made in the intro looks like it could work as the burst, right?

Though I would like that Afro burst to be used somewhere else...ah. Got it.
Instead of her swaying her hips ending in an explosion for her lvl 5, have her make that pose with the opponent landing on her Afro. Keep the explosion, let them land next to her.

Combustible Afros. Fukua's true destiny.

(I also like how spellcheck on my phone automatically capitalizes Afro)

To me a burst animation should have a pulsey loopy feel, I'm not sure how something like her intro EXACTLY would make a good burst but the concept of her temporarily splitting during burst animation is cool.

As for reusing the afro burst if we changed it... I have no clue. I think the current lvl 5 animation is fine /great. Afro sets the wrong mood, imo. Afro win pose maybe? No clue. Reusing that animation just seems like it would be hard. I guess I'll agree I'd stick it in the lvl 5 if I had to because I don't know where else I would put it. Make Fukua do it when it whiffs? I'd be afromad for wasting a five meter command grab.

As for reusing the afro burst if we changed it... I have no clue. I think the current lvl 5 animation is fine /great. Afro sets the wrong mood, imo. Afro win pose maybe? No clue. Reusing that animation just seems like it would be hard. I guess I'll agree I'd stick it in the lvl 5 if I had to because I don't know where else I would put it. Make Fukua do it when it whiffs? I'd be afromad for wasting a five meter command grab.

You look for a suitable animation to reuse for a move, not a move suitable to reuse an animation for. The former is done with purpose, the latter is done for no reason other than to make things look superficially different by shoehorning in stuff that isn't needed.

Fukua doesn't need to make use of every single animation Filia has that she doesn't.

Heheheheheh...

Like I said, raw tag is all I really care about. C: Everything else was fantasy enjoyment talk.

Like I said, raw tag is all I really care about.
Same, and for purely gameplay-related reasons.

Hey, I changed my mind. Give us the jHK tag. I want someone to feel the humiliation of being crossed up by a raw tag version of Filia jHK.

Completely random idea.
What if she had a throw that started with her snapback animation, and ended with the end of Gregor Samson like shown in that earlier post?

Looks like Mike is polishing up some of her moves a little in the beta. Seems like she's here to stay.

Last edited:
nah, I wouldn't peg it as the same thing. Capcom, has made formal announcements and beta testing for Decapre, disappointing many fans in the process. Fukua, just came unannounced, more over as a laugh, than anything. I consider her a free bonus to a great game.
Indeed. However, just look at the discussion going here among people who are inside the loop. We know the whole story behind her and there's still very mixed opinions of what her "standing" should be.

Ono approved, keep Fukua!
To be fair, he wouldn't cuss Lab Zero out for it. And bearing in mind Ono's own admission of discontentment with his job, the poor man laughs before bursting into tears. Ganbare, Ono-san!

Anyway, we should take a moment to sympathize with the plight of the REAL victim of this embroilment...

Indeed. However, just look at the discussion going here among people who are inside the loop. We know the whole story behind her and there's still very mixed opinions of what her "standing" should be.

To be fair, he wouldn't cuss Lab Zero out for it. And bearing in mind Ono's own admission of discontentment with his job, the poor man laughs before bursting into tears. Ganbare, Ono-san!

Anyway, we should take a moment to sympathize with the plight of the REAL victim of this embroilment...

Damn I really want Umbrella playable but this is to hilarious.

Agree'd, that small visual change makes her look much better :)

Status
Not open for further replies.