• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

POLL: Keep Fukua in the game?

Should Fukua stay in the game?

• Yes!

Votes: 383 88.7%
  • Hell no!

Votes: 50 11.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Fukua is our Savior. And Filia is the antichrist.

I knew it all along.

It was obvious all along! One glows with the light, the other lacks the holy aura her hair is dark as the cursed night.

I want this to be the EX-version of Filia, much like there's Orochi Shermie, Yashiro and so on or EX versions of characters in earlier guilty gear titles.

Which means I would welcome you doing this to the whole cast eventually. If you felt like it lol

Things I learned today:
1. Bubbles are serious business.
2. Filia is Satan.

I would need story bits that say she's dying for it to sit well with me.
She IS slowly dying, the souls are fighting (as stated in her story).
I made up her whole story in the first place, that is now canon.

If this makes you feel better about the effect, then I consider it a small price to pay.
Still don't like the fireflies? TS

Aren't we all slowly dying?

[/optimistic thought of the day]

So does this mean I can get particle effects and a voice actor to say my name?

If this makes you feel better about the effect, then I consider it a small price to pay.
If they are fireflies, can we change the projectile to a jar of fireflies that break and release more fireflies? Also, does fukua have a garbage can to live in as well or would it be a recycling bin (to reflect her recycled animation nature)?

Meet your friendly neighbors: Filia, Fukua and Juju.
JPZGeqG.jpg

She IS slowly dying, the souls are fighting (as stated in her story).
I made up her whole story in the first place, that is now canon.

I feel a little better. Is there any way we can have the bubbles/fireflies floating in the same direction as her hair?Having bubbles floating one way and the hair the other seems weird. (What's TS?)

I feel a little better. Is there any way we can have the bubbles/fireflies floating in the same direction as her hair?Having bubbles floating one way and the hair the other seems weird. (What's TS?)
TS= Tough Shit.

What, sideways? That looks really strange, I tried it before.

Wait, this character is actually real? Keep her in!

She should see a doctor about that. Gastrointestinal problems could be the reason she's dying.

How about up and back? Up due to the natural floatiness of the bubbles, back due to whatever is holding Shamone in that pose.

TS= Tough Shit.
Ohhhhhh. That makes a lot more sense than "Transsexual".
Oh dang. What about a slight sideways angle? If nothing but up works, I guess I can learn to live with her bubbles and her hair making a 90 degree angle.

Its beautiful. Upside down j.HK, I have tears in my eyes.

Reactions: gllt
Really like the aura in the proyectiles of todays patch.

If they are fireflies, can we change the projectile to a jar of fireflies that break and release more fireflies? Also, does fukua have a garbage can to live in as well or would it be a recycling bin (to reflect her recycled animation nature)?

This.

Reactions: Cawtime
Wait, so Fukua is slowly dying? That's a great idea, if she ever gets a story mode, that could make for some sadness.
An unstable failed attempt at a Filia clone made by Brain Drain, Fukua sets out to fulfill the purpose of her creation and destroy the Skullgirl before her body fully deteriorates. However, desperately wishing to preserve her own existence, she secretly plans to use the Skull Heart to wish for a new, stable body, not fully aware of the consequences, or, perhaps, psychotic enough to not really care.

FUND IT.

Last edited:
The upside down j.HK looks awesome

I know Mike Z said she'd be getting no new animation frames, but hopefully they can make alterations using stuff that already exists. I'd love to see more use out of the bubbles/fireflies around her (or whatever those are supposed to be ), maybe replace her current Burst ( since it's the same as Filia's ) so Fukua just pauses for a moment and the fireflies become bold and expand out, so the fireflies burst the opponent away, rather than her afro doing the dirty work

Maybe we should just say that the fireflies are the dark energy manifestations of Fukua's power. I thought of fireflies initially as a joke, but now the idea reminds me of how Psylocke's powers came in butterfly shapes.

Last edited:
Maybe we should just say that the fireflies are the dark energy manifestations of Fukua's power. I was joking when I said fireflies initially, but now it reminds me of how Psylocke's powers came in butterfly shapes.
I think of them as a manifestation of her excess spiritual energy. They're both a sign of her power and the very thing tearing her apart.

I am really loving the fireflies on hit. look super nice.
She's shaping up really nice.

Personally, the fireflies remind me of Kirby dots, which I in turn associate with powerful energies. The whole thing works well as is to me.

Reactions: Weeginji and gllt
Okay, this Fukua speculating is too fun. I've
Personally, the fireflies remind me of Kirby dots, which I in turn associate with powerful energies. The whole thing works well as is to me.
Funny, I updated her section on the Tvtropes character page saying basically the same thing just a few minutes ago.

Other fighting game communties' response to a clone characters
"This guy's just like that other one only slightly tweeked! Jeez, can they get any lazier."

Skullgirls comunities' response to a clone character
"OHMYGOD OHMYGOD OHMYGOD! NEW CHARACTER!!!!"

I find the whole thing incredibly fascinating. And for the record I'm for keeping Fukua. It's obvious that the folks at Labzero put some thought into making her diffirent enough to be a new character, but still similar enough for the "pallet swap" joke to still be applicable. Kudos.

"This guy's just like that other one only slightly tweeked! Jeez, can they get any lazier."

I find the whole thing incredibly fascinating. And for the record I'm for keeping Fukua. It's obvious that the folks at Labzero put some thought into making her diffirent enough to be a new character, but still similar enough for the "pallet swap" joke to still be applicable. Kudos.
Other FGs- Tendency to have a large roster (20+ on average)
Skullgirls- Small roster (Currently 11 in Beta)

Do you see why a good number of us welcome Fukua with open arms? Also, if you try to play Fukua like Filia, you're gonna have a bad time :P

Pretty disingenuous imo, Capcom's palette swap was hyped up for several months and Lab Zero's palette swap was released without any build up or even hints that we were getting a new character.

There's also the fact that Fukua was both an inside joke and a surprise April Fools' day gag, instead of an ultra-hyped "brand new" character with 6+ months of hype behind her.

Status
Not open for further replies.