• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Possible new IPS

I don't see how ender tracking is harder to explain to people than starter tracking? You just explain it the same way except replacing the word "start" with "end" ("Don't end a chain with a button you have already ended a chain with", etc.)

Also the only reason it's easier to free-flow with starter tracking is because we are already used to thinking about starter tracking. Obviously it will be hard to unlearn muscle memory but once you get used to it, it's basically the same kind of logic.
Mike said it's less easy to transport to new players because the 'burst activation' happens prior to the actual trigger.
Starter tracking: "It bursts here, so you should have done something different here. Press j.LP instead of j.LK here and you're fine" = Easy learning by practice
Ender tracking: "It bursts here, so you should have done something different before. Press anything instead of j.LK here and you're still borked" = Very confusing without reading up
I thought of having the Ender cause the red sparks without the sound and purple change (so it's noticeable but also quite a difference to bursting), but it's still meh.

I was for *both* Starter and Ender tracking, btw :P
But yeah, Khaos' suggestions of the added Undizzy for repeat enders would be simpler, avoid the above issue, and still /allow/ stuffs.

I assume you found much more effective seria-less paths than I did.

Start with cr.LK cr.MK s.HP sx s.HP sx cr.MK s.HP xx Chord, s.HK. You don't need Seria after that.
Really, Squigly doesn't care about ender tracking at all, what with having seven specials to cancel that s.HP into, and three different aerial enders in j.HP, j.HK and Divekick - coincidentially, nobody uses more than three air strings in Squigly combos.

This is why IsaVulpes' suggestion of tracking last normal, special and super of a string makes sense. And even THAT wouldn't nerf her damage significantly at all under current undizzy caps.

You can't keep Squigly's damage down without lowering the undizzy cap.

Mike said it's less easy to transport to new players because the 'burst activation' happens prior to the actual trigger.
Starter tracking: "It bursts here, so you should have done something different here. Press j.LP instead of j.LK here and you're fine" = Easy learning by practice
Ender tracking: "It bursts here, so you should have done something different before. Press anything instead of j.LK here and you're still borked" = Very confusing without reading up
I thought of having the Ender cause the red sparks without the sound and purple change (so it's noticeable but also quite a difference to bursting), but it's still meh.

I was for *both* Starter and Ender tracking, btw :P
But yeah, Khaos' suggestions of the added Undizzy for repeat enders would be simpler, avoid the above issue, and still /allow/ stuffs.
I totally agree with ender IPS not having the same immediate feedback as starter IPS, but I mean that it practically takes the same amount of understanding for both systems; if someone understands starter IPS, they can understand ender IPS, and vice versa.

To be fair, we already have a similar problem with the undizzy system, in the sense that the activation doesn't happen until the start of the next chain after the undizzy value goes over. I have lost count of the times I heard people ask "hey how come nothing happens even though they hit undizzy". :P

Start with cr.LK cr.MK s.HP sx s.HP sx cr.MK s.HP xx Chord, s.HK. You don't need Seria after that.
Really, Squigly doesn't care about ender tracking at all, what with having seven specials to cancel that s.HP into, and three different aerial enders in j.HP, j.HK and Divekick - coincidentially, nobody uses more than three air strings in Squigly combos.

This is why IsaVulpes' suggestion of tracking last normal, special and super of a string makes sense. And even THAT wouldn't nerf her damage significantly at all under current undizzy caps.

You can't keep Squigly's damage down without lowering the undizzy cap.
I don't believe 5HP stancel 5HP is possible without seria somehow haha.

Oh damn I misread. ^^' cr.LK cr.MK s.HP sx cr.LK s.HP xx Chord would be your primary starter then. Go into instant HK Divekick or s.HK afterwards. If you have a strong single-hit assist like Pillar, you can stick it after the first s.HP, in some cases you can even charge a stance during the hitstun. (Pillar is the example here - s.HK xx Charge with a Pillar hitting after it: enough time to stance charge, cancel, and continue combo. Depending on weight, you get a nice starter, a meh starter or a meh starter that uses OTG afterwards.)

Yeah there are enough of you farting out combos and reset videos, someone(s) should really get down to explaining the system in detail when it's nailed down. I'd love to help too.

I'm generally in favor of softer undizzy penaltes over flat-out straight-up bursts- think that's a little more newb-friendly.

That's in the tutorial

All of this is in the tutorial? Are resets in the tutorial? Undizzies too?

All of this is in the tutorial? Are resets in the tutorial? Undizzies too?
Yeah there are enough of you farting out combos and reset videos, someone(s) should really get down to explaining the system in detail when it's nailed down. I'd love to help too.

huh
Not 100% sure what you mean by explaining the system unless you're only talking about undizzy which is literally follow the rules of ips(which are currently the same as sde) until your undizzy reaches the limit(w/e it is) and then your next chain will cause a burst. Done

Check out this channel http://www.youtube.com/user/MrPeckerston/videos it has some pretty cool stuff

"unbalanced damage between different characters"

i've always found it weird when people complain about this in skullgirls. parasoul players complained about it in SDE when she had somewhat less damage output than the rest of the cast and it made no sense to me then either.

sounds like people need to play other games like guilty gear where damage output is huuugely different between characters. it's actually fun to have that kind of variety, so that would actually be a positive to me!

I feel there should be a bit more damage variance in SG, but it should be done by lowering damage across the board of a couple of characters (Fortune definitely, maybe Double- though nerfing Double damage might make her unviable solo)

That said, this is something that should be looked at after IPS rules get locked in for a few months (I suspect we'll be revisiting IPS again once Eliza or Beowulf is out)

Can we just get Ender tracking back in the game?

Did Mike say this version of the IPS was trashed? I sort of liked it for the brief time I got to toy with it. I'd at least like to try it again, and for a longer period of time.

I'm curious too, didn't watch the stream. Has a decision been made?

Awesome!!! Thx for the info

Does that include the console version as well? It would be nice if every version of the game worked under the same system.

Reactions: Darklightjg1
It will most likely be the same for console when Squigly drops, there would be no reason at all to not have it be like that.

Y u gotta post bad news, maeng?
The patch not be on time? If there is nothing wrong with the beta, everything should be fine.