• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Post your last suggestions for Skullgirls Encore here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flotilla kindly helped clarify some stuff. Thanks, dude!

To respond to some of the tutorial-related stuff in here, I'm aware of a whole bunch of the stuff suggested! I would love to incorporate whatever I have time for, but those - especially ones for the older characters' tutorials - are lower priority than other stuff I'm working on. If I can get to them, I'll get to them! Even though expanding the tutorials beyond DLC-character-specific ones was never part of the IGG campaign. :P

EDIT: Except for tutorial fixes! Please tell me any of those!!!! (that haven't already been reported...)

This is probably a good indication for people: No new art is currently being made for gameplay. That means no new animations or effects. ("Does that mean you ARE still making art for everything that's non-gameplay, then??????????" I can sense you yearning to ask that. Stop it.)

No new music or stages are coming either, so alt stage ideas (though very cool! I would kill for a sunset version of MART!) aren't happening.

But Captain, what about Schmeebop? Did Schmeebop make it out okay?

Brenton and Blaine are graciously allowing us to include Schmeebop on the OST. It will not be in the game. Everyone please stop asking about it.

I'm assuming removing being able to kill with chip would be too major? I've never understood why it's that way.

I'm assuming removing being able to kill with chip would be too major? I've never understood why it's that way.
In every moment of the match getting hit with chip and losing HP is something you want to avoid.
It's how zoners pressure people and deal damage from a far.
Getting hit with projectiles and taking chip is a bad thing to do for the entire match until....

...You are about to die.

Now you are free to downback on the other side of the screen until the clock runs out.
There is no fear.
There is no panic.
There is no approaching death. (At the moment)
You can relax now.
It's inconsistent and awful.

Suddenly the zoner has to make risks and play on the offensive with mix up trying to get a hit while they throw away their good fullscreen positioning that the opponent was not able to crack and punch through?

In a 1v1 game the zoner could run the clock out in their favor (this is dumb that you'd have to do this) but in a vs game this is not the case as sometimes even the health ratio will be in the advantage of the person with 1 pixel of life.

Last edited:
Can Valentine please get her vial load hit back?

Barf and yes

Can there be a slightly randomized effect as to who Double transforms as in her lv 3? Such as using frames from existing / already drawn characters so it's a visual surprise each time?

Always thought it would be cool if Double were to get random attack animations such as her standing lp being either filia or squigly, but I understand that can change the gameplay element of instant-reaction if it's that random for the same attack- then there's the hitbox isssue...

But with LV 3 I think there can be creative ways to implement other characters

Or I be selfish and ask for 2nd version of double with playstyle as different as Robofortune and all different everything and two cherries on top cause it's Double.

Reactions: Makzutheamazing
Always thought it would be cool if Double were to get random attack animations such as her standing lp being either filia or squigly.

Yours truly said:
*DON'T* Suggest:
  • Significant gameplay alterations. We are in the final days of the Endless Beta, there is no time to play-test major character tweaks. 99% of these won't be considered.

Or I be selfish and ask for 2nd version of double with playstyle as different as Robofortune and all different everything and two cherries on top cause it's Double.

Yours truly said:
*DON'T* Suggest:
  • Anything that requires a large amount of work by multiple people, such as new game modes, new animations, new characters (don't be that guy)

Can there be a slightly randomized effect as to who Double transforms as in her lv 3? Such as using frames from existing / already drawn characters so it's a visual surprise each time?

Always thought it would be cool if Double were to get random attack animations such as her standing lp being either filia or squigly, but I understand that can change the gameplay element of instant-reaction if it's that random for the same attack- then there's the hitbox isssue...

But with LV 3 I think there can be creative ways to implement other characters

Floatilla, did you just bot-response my post? You clearly missed the point of it- the soul of it. Your quotes made it seem I was requesting these specific items, especially by adding a period where there was a ", but" in that first one. The second paragraph was acknowledging a self rejected idea that tied into the actual idea sandwiched in the 1st and 3rd paragraph.

In case the cleverness of the final paragraph alludes you- no I do not actually expect that to happen. Check out the 1st and 3rd paragraphs sentences . I sorry I violated your law. What do you paragraph sentence me to, patrol bot?

I'd like to see Filia's unused time-out loss animation retooled for Fukua.

Specifically, the animation remains the same right up to the frame where Fukua's buttons pop off, but instead of covering herself up in embarrassment, she explodes into a bunch of glowing orbs like Mega Man, leaving nothing but the two buttons on the ground. The explosion of orbs could look either symmetrical (just like Mega Man) or the orbs could have more randomized directions.

Also I commission with the offer of a pleasant dream that anyone with the means to create a gif of this concept.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Mason
Can the meter drain as a timer on Robo's Magnet like Big Band's level 5? Not taking more meter, just showing you timing.

Floatilla, did you just bot-response my post? You clearly missed the point of it- the soul of it. Your quotes made it seem I was requesting these specific items, especially by adding a period where there was a ", but" in that first one. The second paragraph was acknowledging a self rejected idea that tied into the actual idea sandwiched in the 1st and 3rd paragraph.

So... you made that post to tell us about ideas that, by your own admission, are unsuited to this thread? Okay then!

Also yeah adding in animations isn't that simple, even if LZ already has the art for it.

Is it possible for the rectangles showing the characters not in play on teams be made brighter? Idk if its a filter but I have trouble seeing them honestly.

So then, what would be examples of GOOD suggestions?

Also, @render if I can ask just one more thing about Disco Ballz, what was it originally for?

If you have to ask what sort of suggestions you should be making, you probably shouldn't be making suggestions. If all of the suggestions you have go against the guidelines in the OP, then that's that! This isn't the "brainstorm cool things you want to happen to SG" thread, it's the "give us the last few suggestions that have been on your mind" thread.

Also, please don't ping staff for non-essential questions.

ALSO, keep on topic!

Reactions: Slap
Is customizable random stage select still on the list of things low down on said list to add later, since we now have all stages I think, or was that removed from list long ago?

That and the previous thing about the animated versions of the stage backgrounds or NPC's (Or both) being somewhere in gallery if possible are about all I can think of.

I'd like to see some of the great fan art we've been seeing be implemented. Stuff like Chickenwithtie's works would be awesome to see in the gallery since its gonna be update.

I'd like to see some of the great fan art we've been seeing be implemented. Stuff like Chickenwithtie's works would be awesome to see in the gallery since its gonna be update.
I think some people have solicited us in the past about being included in the gallery, and the answer is no. The guest gallery was to feature by invitation exceptional artists who we knew personally or through the industry. Even if we let one person who asked or was nominated, it'd just open the floodgates, and poor Earl would be left to deal with that on Twitter.

The popularity of the manual Danisen leagues (PC - EU PC - PS3 - XB360) are evidence of a lack of interest for a ranking system.
ftfy

Nothing: they aren't looking for suggestions. But if you have an urge to request something, use this thread instead of PMing lab zero staff.

Reactions: dead
Aye, we probably should have made it clearer earlier, but this is not a brainstorming thread to come up with new things. This is a place to place that one super important addition or change you've always been meaning to mention but have not been able or bothered to do until now. Please don't post something and then leave off with "I'll come back later with more ideas!" because that is 100% what is not wanted.

Give your suggestions serious thought. You're asking an already overworked and underpaid dev team suggestions on things they will have to implement in the game. Give them a little more respect than idle thoughts that occur to you and then immediately shotgun onto the internet.

With L0's time as limited as it is, it is very unlikely that any change you suggest will actually happen, unless it is extremely minor. There is no time left to do anything major.

I suppose I have one suggestion to make here, while we're at it.

Remember these? Shortly after these hats were submitted to the TF2 Steam Workshop, Valve began to push new standards for workshop content creators; soon after, items that weren't "certified compatible" would have a drastically lower chance of being greenlit for use within Team Fortress 2. The Skullgirls hats were never certified in this manner, and this is probably a big contributor as to why they haven't been accepted. Getting TF2 hats gold-star certified is a trivial matter, so I hope it's something that the team considers after 2nd Encore is out.

It's not too late for these hats to be a thing! There have been several cases where Valve's accepted TF2 promo hats for games several years after their original release date.

W-we can have Painwheel mask on Pyro and other such jazz? I am so down for that!

Flotilla kindly helped clarify some stuff. Thanks, dude!

To respond to some of the tutorial-related stuff in here, I'm aware of a whole bunch of the stuff suggested! I would love to incorporate whatever I have time for, but those - especially ones for the older characters' tutorials - are lower priority than other stuff I'm working on. If I can get to them, I'll get to them! Even though expanding the tutorials beyond DLC-character-specific ones was never part of the IGG campaign. :P

EDIT: Except for tutorial fixes! Please tell me any of those!!!! (that haven't already been reported...)

This is probably a good indication for people: No new art is currently being made for gameplay. That means no new animations or effects. ("Does that mean you ARE still making art for everything that's non-gameplay, then??????????" I can sense you yearning to ask that. Stop it.)

No new music or stages are coming either, so alt stage ideas (though very cool! I would kill for a sunset version of MART!) aren't happening.

Brenton and Blaine are graciously allowing us to include Schmeebop on the OST. It will not be in the game. Everyone please stop asking about it.

so does that mean that replays is on it's final stage?
I always thought is was a WIP and visuals were going to be added to the menu at some point

Chances are slim that the TF2 team would be accepting promos now of all times, now that the update development seems to have come to a near standstill.

Edit: Also contributing to the exclusion, there was a outcry from the TF2 community denouncing the animu-ish style of said items during the IGG campaign I believe.

Last edited:
Can the Fortune tutorial have some sort of motivational message that'll encourage people to learn headless Fortune?
Actually kinda sorta serious about this. :( (I'm not but I want to be serious about this.)
but headless sucks why would you ever wanna do that

But really, in the frame data bar at the top of the screen when you have advanced attack data on, can we get some kind of marker for every 5 frames? That display is really dynamic and intuitive, the only problem is how hard it is to count the frames when you want a more in-depth look. If, for example, there was a more transparent version of the superflash indicator overlapping with every fifth frame it would make things a lot easier.

Reactions: WarpedEcho
Can the tutorial menu music be in the ost?

Stuff

None of those things (especially with them being mostly incorrect...) matter more than the items being gold-star certified. Valve is no longer looking at items that haven't been certified in this manner. If they're certified, they have a chance of being accepted. If they stay as they are, they don't.

Reactions: lolster2nite
If there's gonna be TF2 stuff, I feel like Eliza and Beowulf would be left out. Maybe like give Demomoman a basic Hurting sword variation, and like Eliza's ankh symbol thing on her back as a Pyro thing or something. And make Samson green colorable for Fukua. And Robo Fortune... I unno.

gGIn2Yl.png

Just suggestions.

Oh, but the Big Band "In a building/Flying win pose glass breaking sound" really should be added as a small easy touch.

Can you guys make so that i can go back to the title screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.