• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Post your last suggestions for Skullgirls Encore here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to do it but it is niggling at my brain after we talked about it a little, I'm gonna have to make a balance suggestion.

Parasoul's LK Egret -2 or -3 recovery frames.

This would make the move significantly more useful as a pressure tool and might make it see more use. I assume there was a reason for the current frames of it, like keeping 4HK -ve or something, but right now it isn't used pretty much at all. I feel making 5MK, 5MK MK and 5HP a bit more + while also making 5MP slightly + and 2MK about even would make the move much more useful.

And I really just think Parasoul could use a slight frame data buff and that would be an interesting way of doing it all around. I like the idea of the LK egret but it is only really used in combos right now.

I'm not even a Parasoul player, just think this is not a terrible suggestion, maybe. Even though it probably is.

Reactions: Fumako and Mr. X
I tried to press every button and nothing happened...?
Press select.
(Since this is UI related It probably won't get in, but having "Press Select to go back" or something on the bottom similar to the "LK accept" "MK go back" thing.)

Reactions: Makzutheamazing
You can go back to the main menu, but not the title screen with the Skullgirls </Encore> logo

Reactions: sewy
Only thing I will suggest is probably a thing there would be no time for. I'd really like it if installs had a timer bar in the U.I., especially for Robo Fortune who... you know... explodes. I'd also like if there could be a U.I. element for say Beowulf's hype or any other "resource" that is otherwise off screen.

Okay uuh @Cellsai ? You said non serious suggestion would have been handed properly but I can still see a handful of them.
I understand you and the other mods don't have a simple task but I just skipped 2 pages of button screams (probably) and it bothers me. I'm really sorry if I sound rude.

I suppose I have one suggestion to make here, while we're at it.

Remember these? Shortly after these hats were submitted to the TF2 Steam Workshop, Valve began to push new standards for workshop content creators; soon after, items that weren't "certified compatible" would have a drastically lower chance of being greenlit for use within Team Fortress 2. The Skullgirls hats were never certified in this manner, and this is probably a big contributor as to why they haven't been accepted. Getting TF2 hats gold-star certified is a trivial matter, so I hope it's something that the team considers after 2nd Encore is out.

It's not too late for these hats to be a thing! There have been several cases where Valve's accepted TF2 promo hats for games several years after their original release date.
I remember the last time this came up you had step by step directions on how to certify your hats, do you still have that?

EDIT: Except for tutorial fixes! Please tell me any of those!!!! (that haven't already been reported...)

I belive there's something wrong with Painwheel flight animation in her tutorial: her hair seems static and maybe it's like a pre-release animation or something.
I don't know if it's still in game but you guys might want to check it out.

No new music or stages are coming either, so alt stage ideas (though very cool! I would kill for a sunset version of MART!) aren't happening.
No worries. Someone's gonna Skullmod it in eventually.

Reactions: No longer exist
I remember the last time this came up you had step by step directions on how to certify your hats, do you still have that?

Not hard at all, assuming you are familiar with the items you are certifying. You go into TF2, upload the item, promo pictures, and LOD models, specify what class/slot it's for, and write some short description about the item.

I'm not sure if non-gold star items can be retroactively gold starred, but even if they had to be relisted it would give more hope than leaving them uncertified. Valve is less promo-happy than they were a few years back, so I would say it's almost necessary for the items to be gold starred before Valve will even consider them. While they say that the process is optional, only gold star certified cosmetics have been accepted since the process was implementated. So yeah.

Scanlines effect?

... What?

How about an option for training mode to enable a sound indicator whenever a button is pressed, with a different sound based on whether it was a successful action or an empty mash? I am curious as to whether something like this would help players "de-mash" by getting more "ding" and less "bonk" sounds to come out, and to slow down their inputs accordingly (but not too slow).

Would it be possible to replace one of Valentine’s default assist options with H bypass?

Would it be possible to replace one of Valentine’s default assist options with H bypass?
H Bypass was originally one of the new defaults; Mike changed it to Throw and c.MK due to player feedback.

Not so much of a suggestion as it is a clarification but... is this the intended name for Fukua's sMK?

Probably. I believe Fukua started as a joke in the Skullgirls IRC room.

can we get something similar to the PC's Typing of the Skullgirls for Consoles?
I'm basing this from how I'm guessing the trials will have a display similar to Xrd's where parts of the combo go dark as you do them.

I'm pretty sure consoles already have Typing of the Skullgirls, as long as you connect a keyboard.

How about an option for training mode to enable a sound indicator whenever a button is pressed, with a different sound based on whether it was a successful action or an empty mash? I am curious as to whether something like this would help players "de-mash" by getting more "ding" and less "bonk" sounds to come out, and to slow down their inputs accordingly (but not too slow).

Dual input display already accomplishes this with a lot more information.

I'm pretty sure consoles already have Typing of the Skullgirls, as long as you connect a keyboard.

how would the "average" user do typing of the skullgirls on console without launch options? If I launch skullgirls with no flags on PC I can't play typing even with a keyboard plugged in.

This is sort of a balance suggestion, I don't know how welcome those are really, or indeed if anyone has any faith left this far into the thread, but I have a sincere concern that I think should be pretty reasonable unless I'm entirely uninformed
What/why: Increase Eliza j.lk blockstun so it will blockstring into j.hp (or be easier to pushblock) to reduce the amount of "random" invisible non-crossup j.lk > crossup j.hp that seem to happen way too often without Eliza players even going for it deliberately
Here is an example of this I found in training mode:
Note how it only crosses up on block, and it is not a blockstring so both directions must be blocked correctly unless you are a pushblocking savant (I get a backdash and die every time I try to pushblock Eliza j.lk and I've tried many times)

This is really my only significant concern about Eliza, everything else I can and will figure out how to deal with, with some effort.
Disregard this if increasing j.lk blockstun would have some questionable side-effect I'm not considering.

Last edited:
how would the "average" user do typing of the skullgirls on console without launch options? If I launch skullgirls with no flags on PC I can't play typing even with a keyboard plugged in.
What flags? I can type it just fine and I have 2 remotes and a keyboard plugged in..

Dual input display already accomplishes this with a lot more information.

How do the input display options do this at all? I am talking about an audible sound indicator, not any sort of visual indicator. Just a sound on every button press, different sounds based on different results.

If Beowulf has 3 levels of hype on NMO Arena, I'd like for him not speak during his Wulf Moonslaught attack, since the announcer and Beowulf lines get tangled together during it.

Reactions: alexpi and The Dave
How about Ghost Data, like in MvC3..wait....that's asking for too much isn't it...
I just thought it would be cool to face a MikeZ ghost data.

I cant really think of anything minor...lol

Reactions: Cheesedragon
would it be possible for Fukua to be switched with Beowulf on the character select screen? so that it is symmetric to some one who may just buy the game and not have any DLC?

Scanlines effect?
Why would we want to make the game look worse? Skullgirls was visually designed for a modern display, not an old CRT.
would it be possible for Fukua to be switched with Beowulf on the character select screen? so that it is symmetric to some one who may just buy the game and not have any DLC?
Character select was discussed for a really long length of time before it was decided for final release; no way are we changing it.

Character select was discussed for a really long length of time before it was decided for final release; no way are we changing it.

thanks for the response

i feel as beowulf is a little too overpowered in game :0 maybe just me

Can you please make squigs last palette (kill la kill nui harime) hair MORE yellow?? It needs just a tad more shades of brightness.

can walking George and car George disappear after peacock gets hit? i understand why theyre there but its really annoying finally getting in and getting hit or having to stop a combo short because they happen to be out.

That animation will never be put in the game in any form whatsoever. Sorry.
Ah, a pox upon't.

I was going to ask if there was any way to simply add a glowing-orb explosion for Fukua's time-out animation, mainly to differentiate her that much more from Filia. But if Cellsai and Flotilla's comments are accurate, then even that request would be excessive. I had no idea how work-intensive adding animation for a character is!

Status
Not open for further replies.