• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Administrative PSA: Big changes are coming to Skullheart!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like they're purposefully ruining Skullheart so they can open a counter site called "Scrubheart" and all get new names and be the moderators there, and when we all go there they go "It's never Ogre".

Does this mean the line between GLORIOUS COMPETITIVE PLAYERS and filthy casual off-topic peasants will be even thicker now.

Reactions: PaperBag_Sniper
Does this mean the line between GLORIOUS COMPETITIVE PLAYERS and filthy casual off-topic peasants will be even thicker now.

Its never been that ever. It would just be nice if people that posted on a forum for a video game played said video game.

Filthy casual off-topic peasants will either die or magically transform into beautiful masters of the game who never feel the urge to talk about anything that isn’t Skullgirls, that's the idea.
Y'know for someone who said they were leaving the site and never coming back, you sure do post a lot.

Its never been that ever. It would just be nice if people that posted on a forum for a video game played said video game.
So does that mean metaphorically taking a dump on the people that do both is a good idea? I'm fairly certain there's a bigger overlap than people might think.

Last edited:
Y'know for someone who said they were leaving the site and never coming back, you sure do post a lot.

Only until I have the answer on when I can set up the topic on another site for us to meet up and until I have seen enough people rage about this shit :)

let SH become a forum about "Skullgirls culture", not Skullgirls. This scared off people, and more importantly it scared off people who wished to learn and participate in the Skullgirls community. As someone who cares about Skullgirls and its community, this was unacceptable to me.

In future measures to accommodate the delicate flowers scared off by the forums, all avatars will be mandatory Skullgirl content. Members must select only from mod-approved art. Anyone with a furry or pony avatar will be summarily executed.

Furthermore, using the alphabet is prohibited. To encourage gameplay discussion, members are required to speak in combo strings at least once per post.

So in short: c.MP c.MP LK MK j.HP QCB PP to you!

Okay, enough cheerful hyperbole. Let's give the new forum configuration a try. Like Ms. Forutne, the forum is being hacked into pieces and tossed into the river. Hopefully the Life Gem (the Skull Heart community in this metaphor) will stay and keep it alive.

I can only imagine how the Off-Topic people now see Flotilla:

FqP9b6H.jpg

So GG, you finally did it, I'm out.
Alllllrighty! Goodbye!
Took the liberty of looking at the threads you visit:
Kamen Rider [I think this is power rangers]
Pokemon [Why not visit /vp/]
Jojos [Your one post was "I dont want to play it"]
Binding of Isaac
Hollow Knight [Some other game]
SF5
Tekken
Unpopular Opinions Thread
Rate the above users avatar [Yay Forum Games]
Going to stop there because I can't imagine if I went further I'd stumble across your great contribution to any Skullgirls threads.

SO.
Basically, Skullheart the Skullgirls fighting game forum,
(What it was supposed to be)
wants you to post about Skullgirls things, and because of that, there is pretty much no way you can discuss anything on the site anymore?

Alllllrighty! Goodbye!

Sorry to chose you and only you but like, that's the vibe I'm getting from everyone who's threatening to quit and you were the first.
It's not that you're threatening to quit because you are outraged and you have a choice it's more like, you HAVE to quit because there's nothing you can provide to a site which was intended for Skullgirls talk.
Or in the rare chance people quitting can provide content to the gameplay sections, they're not for some reason and they just go to OT anyways. So whatever.

I'm not outraged I can't join Dustloop and start a League of Legends thread or a 'rate the above users avatar' thread.

Last edited:
Except you kinda can on SRK. That's what General Discussion is for. AKA the off topic forum which we just locked here was.

Look, I'm all for increasing the quality of Skullheart, but getting rid of the OT section is the wrong way to do it. The "Recently Added" section of the forum only shows Skullgirls threads now, for instance! That's fine! If you don't want OT threads cluttering that area then go ahead and fix that. This is a Skullgirls forum and that should be reflected on the front page. What shouldn't be reflected is that we're some kind of elitist group that accepts Skullgirls talk and only Skullgirls talk and nothing but Skullgirls talk. You don't see people complaining about the aforementioned General Discussion thread on SRK, do you?

Last edited:
So in short: c.MP c.MP LK MK j.HP QCB PP to you
Hitting with two cMPs in a row is hard with most characters
Linking from cMPx2 into sLK is going to be difficult as well
Going into jHP after sMK can only be done by Peacock
QCB-PP is the universal Lv3 input, and only Fortune has an air-okay Lv3

I'm afraid your combo doesn't work

Last edited:
Hitting with two cMPs in a row is hard with most characters
Linking from cMPx2 into sLK is going to be difficult as well
Going into jHP after sMK can only be done by Peacock
QCB-PP is the universal Lv3 input, and only Fortune has an air-okay Lv3

There might have been time to land from the jHP to get a ground okay level 3 if the jHP had enough hitstun?
I'm going to take a look at this, I'm seeing some potential.

Last edited:
Well, I only lurked because I just couldn't get invested in playing the game seriously but enjoyed the offtopic discussion and character discussion alike because people here can be all kinds of entertaining. But guess that while some character threads can have pages about dicks but offtopic that isn't about fighting games is a no-no, guess I'm only watching a thread or two about game updates and not ever touching the rest of the forum while other characters aren't released.
People could come here for the game and stay for the community. If an offtopic section which is at the VERY bottom of the page bothers this balance so much, then people won't stay for either. But what do I know, I don't get involved and I dared to enjoy the antics in the Smash thread more than whatever happens in combo discussion.

For everyone worried that there's no longer a place to discuss non-Skullgirls related matters, I'm creating an unofficial offsite forum that can be used to talk about subjects that you wouldn't be able to talk about here. I'm going to call it "Reddit".

So in short: c.MP c.MP LK MK j.HP QCB PP [
I think I may have figured it out.
I should have realized that the font color was actually giving away the most important piece to the puzzle.

I don't really agree with the damage output or the required resources, but interesting none the less, nice find BallotBoxer.

Vulpes just got toooooold.

This thread reminds me of that one time my friend got upset that this Mexican joint we used too go to stopped serving chicken tenders and fries.

"They don't have tenders and fries anymore dude"
"Why are you going to a Mexican restaurant if you don't even want to eat Mexican food"

This thread reminds me of that one time my friend got upset that this Mexican joint we used too go to stopped serving chicken tenders and fries.

"They don't have tenders and fries anymore dude"
"Why are you going to a Mexican restaurant if you don't even want to eat Mexican food"

WE HAVE GOOD MEXICAN IN KANSAS?!

So I guess for people who visit both off topic and gameplay related threads this is like being castrated, at least you're alive.

WE HAVE GOOD MEXICAN IN KANSAS?!

Not really? Place kind of sucked and its closed now, but when you want authentic Mexican that's not Chipotle your pickings are kinda slim.

Now that I live in KC, MO there are way more options. There's a place near my house that's pretty good. Come to my next Skullgirls meetup and we can eat dinner there bae ~~~

Stuff

Yeah, you know what: You're right. The people are right when they say they want to talk about Skullgirls here, because that's what the site's for. That's why I came here too. But I found myself overwhelmed with the game, because I don't want to invest more time in it. I'm a sore loser, everyone knows that, I can't get better at the game because I fail to learn out of losses.

But I stayed because there are so many cool people here that make me smile and because I still love Skullgirls as a whole. And I liked to talk with them about all kinds of things, not only Skullgirls. That's why I stayed. But through staying here I enjoyed the game much more, just played some sets with people from time to time and it was alright even though I sucked.

And they cut all the off-topic away because of what? Both Flotilla and Cellsai have tried to explain it but I still don't grasp the logic behind it. Just moderate the gameplay-sections so that the off-topic guys don't bother the gameplay-guys. How does the Skullheart suffer from having people around that don't play the game day and night? Because on the right site of the screen you see topic-names that don't have anything to do with Skullgirls? Please. And somehow they must know the game exists, otherwise they wouldn’t be here.

I still play the game if I want to, suggest this place/the game to everyone who asks me in person or who I met online. In the Kamen Rider topic (yay haha it looks like Power Rangers lol roflmao) I met some really cool dudes who really got me into this and I'm really happy they did, because I love this stuff now. How is this bad exactly? How is the pure existence of it around here bad?

Yes, my initial knee-jerk reaction was: I quit, because I was so angry. Pathetic and I regret it, but I still can't help myself, I want to be here. I still want to play the game, I look forward to Beowulf/Robo-Fortune and I still get all this cool stuff from the IGG-campaign. So sorry being the dude who got overdramatic, but it just pissed me of so much. Maybe it is for the better, we'll see. The decision is made, if I want it or not, so now I can only see if everything turns out the way the mods want it, and I guess that's the best.

Oh and thank you for being the guy that sniff's through my postings, drags everything I like through the mud like I'm a bad person for liking this stuff, because you obviously don't. You're a real hero.

Last edited:
So what you're saying is you want to order chicken tenders and fries at your local Mexican place?

Alright, look. I don't post much in the Skullgirls gameplay sections because I know there are plenty of better players that know more combos and better ideas for things to fix than I do. I mostly just lurk there to learn stuff. I imagine a bunch of other people do too! So before I say anything else let me say that I come here for Skullgirls first and foremost, regardless of where my post history might be.

THAT SAID, I still like to participate in discussions for a bunch of other things that other people within this community also like, and getting rid of the OT section hurt that a lot. You can't use the "well why don't you go to a different forum" argument because I'm looking for where the fandoms overlap, something that likely wouldn't happen if I went to a different site, and if it did, it's probably in the off-topic section that board has. The Skullgirls community is one of the nicest fighting game communities out there, and that's where a lot of the draw in Skullheart and the IRC comes from. Take away the ability for the members of the community to talk about other things that they just might happen to be a fan of, and the only thing you do is hurt that reputation.

In other words, don't use the Chicken at Mexican Restaurant analogy, it's more like if IHOP decided to take away all other breakfast foods from the menu because they aren't pancakes.

In Italy sometimes people order something else than pizza in pizzerias.
BLASPHEMY! EVERYONE KNOWS PIZZA IS THE FOOD OF THE GODS
...Maybe we should use an analogy that doesn't use food.

I'm missing the off-topic subforum already, but I still have the non-SG FGs subforum, so i'm good.

Reactions: ElementFree
Just an idea, but can we have like a graph of the amount of traffic the site gets for the next few months just to see how the changes affect the amount of people that visit and posts made.

This is probably the only thread that will be really active in the whole forum.

This is probably the only thread that will be really active in the whole forum.

Alright people, time to derail this discussion. Can we talk about kittens and puppies now?

On a side note, I suppose this gives me a little bit more of an excuse to start streaming more. Streaming is always a fun way to chat with people of a similar interest.

I feel like this is a heavy handed way of dealing with something, and I am also saddened by the loss of potential future comedy to come out of OT. Also, it's alienating a section of the community that has been a big part of SG, for better or for worse (mostly just one of those huehue). At the same time, I am half way between being for it and not caring, and some really dumb stuff comes out of OT here. So yeah

I feel like this is a heavy handed way of dealing with something, and I am also saddened by the loss of potential future comedy to come out of OT. Also, it's alienating a section of the community that has been a big part of SG, for better or for worse (mostly just one of those huehue). At the same time, I am half way between being for it and not caring, and some really dumb stuff comes out of OT here. So yeah
For what it's worth we're getting comedy in this thread, so it's not a total loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.