• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Rage Quit Gallery of Shame: Pass the Salt Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall this, I am a calm and quale player so this stuns me.

SO YOU DON'T RECALL DOING THIS?
ffb239dc2354bed1941a438e0893edc9.png

BECAUSE I RECALL YOU DOING THIS.

These boards get so funny to watch when one of the people is obviously on your ignore list. :^)

No Fuckua or Bitch Band

And they play solo Eliza.

Uh huh. Makes sense.

yessssssssssssss he's back

This fella's name is " I want to get good"
Thats not going to happen if you keep Rage Quitting....
Btw I had him on a lvl 3 when he left.

5cEnJdf.jpg

SO YOU DON'T RECALL DOING THIS?
ffb239dc2354bed1941a438e0893edc9.png

BECAUSE I RECALL YOU DOING THIS.

This I did do,
I'ts surprising how much beginner's luck goes on in competitive areas.
A Novice getting a win vs an expert ect.

But yep, I do not go around inviting people if its not justified.
Let it be known here and now.

By mod consensus, user was superbanned for repeated trolling/flamebaiting after multiple warnings. Bon voyage!
there's.....there's no way you can possibly get lamer. there's no way.

Watch it boss,
You better calm down before I report you to the staff and get you banned for insulting my persona and bullying.
Calling someone lame is never good, it is bad and rude.

But yep, I do not go around inviting people if its not justified.
Let it be known here and now.

Okay, quick question, why? What is the purpose of sending invites to insulting Steam groups? It just seems like a waste of energy and a way to make yourself look bad to other players.

Okay, quick question, why? What is the purpose of sending invites to insulting Steam groups? It just seems like a waste of energy and a way to make yourself look bad to other players.

Because it has to be said regardless.
If the guy was laggy the whole match he needs to know that he has a low tier connection.
If the Guy was just spamming fireballs the whole match he needs to know that all he did was "spam spam spam spam spam spam"
If the guy got beat up so bad he needs to know that it was I who wrecked him.
If the guy won one out of 10 he needs to know that it was begginer's luck.

None are insulting. and the only way to say them are to send them an invite to a group.
Its easier and faster than adding them as friend, waiting for them to accept., typing it out...
Also they get no chance to reply to you. that's a a bonus, you don't get no talk back and you informed them of the actual circumstances.

When an "expert" believes there is a luck factor in a game like Skullgirls that has from little to no rng at all, you know it's a lost case.

Or is it like "you got lucky i messed up my combo, i never mess up i am perfection incarnated, i only mess up because of the opponent's luck, no one but me gets better at this game"

I see no problem with him.
Don't know what you guys are going on about.

Watch it boss,
You better calm down before I report you to the staff and get you banned for insulting my persona and bullying.
Calling someone lame is never good, it is bad and rude.

l a m e

Reactions: dapurplesharpie
OH SHHHHHHHIIIIIIIT

None are insulting.

Those are very insulting. You're discrediting their victory.
Also, no, they don't need to know that. If they have a laggy connection, then sending an invite to a Steam group will do nothing except make them feel worse, which is a awful for a variety of reasons. If it was actually 'beginner's luck', then certainly the next time they fight someone good, they'll lose. So sending them an invite only serves, once again to be a dick.
You're just being a dick to people, getting mad when people call you out for being a dick to people, and then trying to justify your attitude and dickishness, which is a dick move.

why are you taking this guy seriously
he's a joke

If the barrage of the word 'Dick' in the last sentences didn't make it obvious, I'm only being half-serious. I am legitimately interested in the answer because I'm sure that it'll be golden.

Right, i forgot some stuff like Peacock's shadow drops are actually RNG based.

I really don't like Dementia, but this guys is awesome.
Holy fuck, you CAN'T be biting this hard.

Right, i forgot some stuff like Peacock's shadow drops are actually RNG based.
I am not talking about that.. at all.

You are lucky when something happens by chance (ie you had no say in what was going to happen - no [conscious] influence over the outcome), which then produces a favorable result.
You can't influence which numbers are drawn in a lottery, and there is no way to predict which numbers are going to be drawn, so if the numbers you chose happen to win, that was luck.

- If a guy is 99% consistent with his execution, you play one game against him, he hits you and then drops his combo = Luck.
There was nothing you did or could have done to cause this behavior; it is "entirely random" whether he has his 1 combo drop out of 100 games against you, in the next game against someone else, or next week.
^ That is the most basic example and it applies to just about everything about execution.
If my opponent expects me to upback so they cLK, but I lowblock and call DP assist (which means they're gonna lose a character), but I input LK~MP for my assist call, get a normal by accident and eat a happy birthday - that's not something my opponent influenced, that doesn't mean they are super skillful, nothing.
They read me completely wrong but got a hit anyway; they got lucky.

That point ties into a further note: Anything that you didn't explicitly expect to happen but "just works out" is essentially luck.
I'm Beowulf vs Peacock, just knocked her down, am up close. The last time this happened I did jumpforward airthrow and caught her out of upback, so I presume this time she is gonna block on the ground. Whether crouch or standblock I don't know, so instead of cLK/Hop jLP, I just go for Command Throw.
Bam, I CH her out of an M.Bang attempt. That she would do this didn't even enter my mind; if she was Bella and Dynamo'd I would now be getting rocked. The only reason I landed my hit is because Peacock's Reversal happens to also lose to Command Throw - but that wasn't a conscious thought on my part.

Other example: There is a thing in my Fortune combo which I often drop (jHP-Axekick restand, followed up by sHK; I do the Axekick too late so it doesn't come out in time and I just land). However - If I do drop my combo there, I recover very quickly (the Axekick just whiffs and I land, which cancels the recovery frames right as the opponent exits hitstun).
Now, if the opponent say does a DP as they recover, I will be stuck in my next attack - the sHK which I'm pressing to continue my combo (it would normally combo out of the Axekick, but Axekick whiffed and I can't react to that, so I just pushed my next button); Read: I will get hit.
If however, they do a Super as their reversal instead, the superflash will eat my sHK input - and they have some Undizzy gathered up, so I can just move my stick to downback and block their super (as Supers are postflash-blockable now - if the user has some Ud accumulated).
This wasn't me doing some great read into reversal bait, that was me fucking up my inputs and getting triple lucky - 1) That Mike made supers postflash blockable when Ud is collected, 2) That my drop at precisely this point allows me to guard Supers, 3) That the opponent decided to reversal with a Super rather than something else.
0% of what went on there was intended, and I'm landing a full CH punish on the opponent because all the stars aligned in my favour.

Similar things occur not just during mixups, but constantly in neutral game and elsewhere - you "just do things", and then something happens which you didn't expect at all.
I played a set against Fizz a few days ago where I did Fortune sMP in neutral cus I fumbled some inputs, and he happened to call Brass, and my sMP happened to beat it.
That was no "I'm gonna sMP now in case he calls Brass, cus then I'm gonna win" kind of read, that was no "Oh I see Brass coming in, quick sMP cus I know that beats it" kinda reaction, that was "Oh shit sMP, I didn't want this, oh no Brass punches me now.. oh wait I won lol" .. I got lucky and that's that.

Lastly, many people in SG (and fighters in general) aren't thinking at all but just autopilot some shit, and while in something like an FT10 you would learn their tendencies and punish them for it, in something like a BO1 scenario (most notably Quick Match), this often isn't really possible.
If I hit some online frog with 3 lows in a row, I will now have to magically figure out whether he is 80% doorknob and will, utterly unfazed, continue to religiously hold upback - or whether he is just 45% doorknob and figures the occasional low block wouldn't be too awful.
If I give them the benefit of the doubt, go high this time, and the complete retard who hasn't even noticed that I hit him with 3 lows -but who just always upbacks whenever the opponent is comboing them- now gets out of my mixup, they got lucky that I suspected them to be not utter dogshit - there was no "read" involved on their side.

NOTE, because some people WILL attempt to read this wrong:
Your execution faults are your fault. Nobody else's! It's not unlucky to drop your combo (unless you happen to have a lagspike right then, but that's outside factors), you just suck.
To a degree you could of course always whine around (If one drops 1/100 combos, it would be nice if those 1% happened in games against vastly inferior players when one wins anyway, rather than in a tourney grand finals last game when your kill combo drop gets you lvl3d and makes you end on 2nd place), but in the end - if you have 99% execution, work on getting up to 99.9999%; that's all.
BUT your opponent also doesn't have anything to do with them (unless you are bonus nervous because you are fighting against someone with a murder face, but we'll ignore that), so when it happens, they got lucky. They didn't influence this outcome, they did nothing to make it more likely, it just happened and they got into a favorable position due to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Colossi
Yooo Superbanned?

I didn't even know this was a thing.
Proud of you mods <3

Reactions: Chip Blaster
Superbanned sounds like a very important title, he's probably proud of it now.

Epic post by Isa. Good read. I've experienced the element of chance at times in fighting games over the years.

Judging from this thread, gamers are a very mature and interesting subset of most social collections
For the most part this thread and its previous incarnations have been centered around one individual to stroke his ego. But eh, it's gonna be interesting to see how the thread moves forward now.

what exactly did he get banned for, I mean this is kind of a trolly thread and he was defending himself. It's fun watching a train wreck.

Sometimes I wish we had pictures of the salt that was the Funky vs Sharpie Chat on twitch during Saturday night salt.

There is no transcript. I purged the chat every two seconds. Kappa

Status
Not open for further replies.