• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Rage Quit Gallery of Shame: Pass the Salt Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
words
No-one is targeting you and singling you out. You are the only one implying that a Rage Quit makes you a bad person. There is a disclaimer on the 2nd post in this thread.

Chill.

Carry on, Thread

Your usernames are public anyway. This thread does you nothing, really

No-one is targeting you and singling you out.
Isn't that all that this thread is? Naming and shaming RQ'ers with screenshots, videos etc?

You are the only one implying that a Rage Quit makes you a bad person.
Apparently "Rage quit gallery of shame" doesn't imply anything.

There is a disclaimer on the 2nd post in this thread.
I don't think a disclaimer by a moderator should make it fine. You can say "it's only for fun, chill out" but I doubt someone who gets angry and disconnects early in a videogame is going to take that advice to heart. Consider this and why it might not make for a civil thread on a forum. I don't think RQ'ing is good, but I don't think this thread helps anyone at all.

Last edited:
Do like me and use this thread to know which people to avoid playing with.

Do like me and use this thread to know which people to avoid playing with.
The only problem I see with this is that playing quick match can lump you in with these types of people, especially when the playerbase is so close cut. Playing against RQ'ers sucks, but I feel that giving a childish act such as alt+f4'ing out of a game attention instead of ignoring it is the wrong way to handle the problem.

How about avoiding the childish act of getting angry to a videogame
Like, I can understand when you're new, or being stressed out certain times, but if ragequitting is your norm you got a problem and need to fix it. It's rude and your childish attitude deserves to be pointed out.

How about avoiding the childish act of getting angry to a videogame
Like, I can understand when you're new, or being stressed out certain times, but if ragequitting is your norm you got a problem and need to fix it. It's rude and your childish attitude deserves to be pointed out.
Two sides of one coin, really. You can shed light on the behaviour and possibly make it better/worse, or you can ignore it and leave the person to their own personal demons and hope they sort themselves out. The problem with the former is that it's hard to point out the behaviour without conveying spite towards the person. This thread doesn't consist of posts with screenshots on their own to flag a player as a ragequitter, they also contain messages with tones of mocking and ridicule. Not to mention the videos and screencaps of node etc.

Before anything else, I have to say that I do agree with @Alex12898 over posts that are specifically insults towards players, and are not accounts of ragequitting. Those are not constructive, and I personally believe that they are not the kind of post I would like to see on this thread moving forward.

That being said, while I understand some of the frustration that those against the RQ Gallery are having, I personally feel that the disrespectful nature of ragequitting and its greatly negative affect on fighting games in particular justifies the existence of such a thread.

Ragequitting is harmful to gaming in general, but fighting games in particular suffer greatly from it. When one quits from, say, a deathmatch in Call of Duty, the match is large enough that the effects will be middling at best, and another player will take that place. When one quits a one-on-one match, the match is over, and neither player comes out having gained anything or having fun. It is one thing to end a game for yourself out of frustration, I can fully understand doing so (hell, I've done that plenty against Skullgirls's Marie). It is another thing to end a game for yourself and someone else.

Your individual frustration and difficulties should not outweigh the entertainment value of a video game to your opponent when you are being anonymously paired together. If you know each other, let the player know that your are currently getting upset over the game, and maybe they will take it easier on you or suggest you take a breather. If it is a Quick Match opponent, there is no reason to believe that the opponent's goal will not be to win the match with all they've got.

Developers themselves recognize the harm that ragequitting brings to their titles, to the point where some of them actually take action against it. Systems in fighting games, such as Killer Instinct's "Jail", exist in-game to stop ragequitting through the use of temp-bans, forcing ragequitters to play each other online, and what could be potentially described as "public shaming" by some: changing your icon to jail bars so other players know you are a ragequitter for the duration of the "Jailing". I do not believe that the existence of the jailing system is anything but beneficial to Killer Instinct, as most players don't want to play against a player who will end a match pre-maturely, and such a system will force the player to either be paired with ragequitters only, force them to stop ragequitting, or get them to stop playing all together.

As a thread for posting funny images of rage quits, I find that I cannot side with those who would take offence to having their ragequitting posted.

what about creating a thread to discuss the ~~bully side~~ of this thread instead of derailing this one?
Damn, I want to laugh, not read monologues.

As do I. I just felt like addressing some of the complaints that the revival of this thread has/will inevitably bring with it.

tl;dr I like this thread, I like seeing rage quit images, and I don't like seeing people insult one another. I don't want this thread to be closed like the last one.

Less drama, more rage quits.

Some repeat offenders:
TwF69bQ.jpg

hefqe7R.jpg
29hws1w.jpg

ek7JtmU.jpg

Isn't that all that this thread is? Naming and shaming RQ'ers with screenshots, videos etc?

Apparently "Rage quit gallery of shame" doesn't imply anything.

I don't think a disclaimer by a moderator should make it fine. You can say "it's only for fun, chill out" but I doubt someone who gets angry and disconnects early in a videogame is going to take that advice to heart. Consider this and why it might not make for a civil thread on a forum. I don't think RQ'ing is good, but I don't think this thread helps anyone at all.

As If I would remember all the names out of my head from the screenshots here.Yes,we are naming and shaming,but we aren't singling out.As said before,EVERYONE has a RQ atleast once and sometimes It happens that someone screenshots It.A RQ Is still a RQ.

Also,this thread Is for shits and giggles,this Isn't the "Therapy&Advice" thread for people who like to disconnect because they're losing.That on It's self Is a shame to do and we notice It up.I really wonder why It's not okay to have a laugh over It Instead of being either pissy,serious,or over-emotional about It.

Bringing the thread back to focus...

Ran into this guy just now, he seemed upset that his Inevitable Snuggle wasn't paving his way to the win
245170_screenshots_2015-01-04_00001.jpg
245170_screenshots_2015-01-04_00002.jpg

Reactions: Sparties
I'm just waiting to see if LTG plays Skullgirls. The king of rage quits should be present for this, I feel.

dsp skullgirls when

Reactions: Squigly Lines
PSA:
During character select:
Shift + Tab
Players
Recently played
dementia.
Block all contact
Win
Teabag or dead body combo or whatever

When he tries to invite you to an insulting steam group he'll get an error.
Damn too late. But I did enjoy changing my username to dementia #HasNoLife and leaving him a comment.

Can the spelling of "gallery" be corrected in the thread name? That's gonna bother me to no end...
Unless I'm wrong and there's a spelling of gallery I wasn't aware of, then leave it be.

I don't think a disclaimer by a moderator should make it fine. You can say "it's only for fun, chill out" but I doubt someone who gets angry and disconnects early in a videogame is going to take that advice to heart.
Isn't that kind of their fault in the first place? If I disconnect early in my match in tourney, it's not ok to point out I did it-- and furthermore, probably poke some fun out of it?

While the argument that "RageQuit threads are inevitable" doesn't fly, your reaction to anything posted on the internet is yours.

It's not like we're all saying WE'RE BETTER THAN U 4 NOT RAGE-QUITTING because I can GUARANTEE you everyone in this thread has done it once throughout their lives in some activity. It's also kind of useful for people who'd like to disable communications with people who are known rq's. You may not do it often sure but it's not like the proliferation of data on the internet stops this. I'm sure this looks like I have no point so I'll just say it, and this particular statement has NOTHING to do with me as a moderator and everything I say right here.. and you know what scratch whatever I just said

As a moderator: I'mma let this rock until someone actually worth removing comes by. This practically flies in the face of sanity, but this is "Ragequit pictures thread" not "Wow fuck every one of these losers quit the game forever you pieces of poople i hope you get sasquatched 560 backflip".

As an user, and my personal stance: If you're worried about being made fun of on the internet for RageQuitting, don't ragequit. We have practically infinite tools to track you down, case-in-point your username of choice or your steamid. Additionally, RageQuitting is an unsportsmanlike thing to do. If you're worried about being judged for anything, that's too bad, because it's going to happen anyways. If you're actually getting your feelings hurt as a player by someone pointing out the fact you ragequit, you shouldn't have done it.

And here's where I realize I get banned for being an idiot mod or something.

EDIT: Maybe that was the option select all along-- forcing me to give a fuck so much I get demodded so I can posted on in Ragequit Thread. CLEVER GIRL. Or not. anyways I actually do think it's so silly how this topic evokes so much shit but eh. different generations (OOOOHG SNAP THE GENERATION CARD SNAP)

Last edited:
it has been done sadly
no he meant when will DSP play Skull Girls... Online. He only did the story mode and he got mad salty. Think about him playing the game... against other people.

Reactions: Midiman
I came to this thread too late last year, but now I want to participate too.
My apologies in advance if someone loses their connection against me, it's just my crappy south american internet.
This is from New Year's eve:
2014-12-31_00001.jpg

stuff
Alright, I'll hold that. I posted out of pity for this node guy, who seems genuinely conflicted over this thread and whatever happened before it. I think that's a case of how badly people can be affected by this sort of thing, and what they end up doing, while everyone else just enjoys not being that person. It's that sort of negative energy in this thread that I wish would be kept to a minimum. What if people get depressed when they RQ? It's completely possible, people can get angry at themselves too. But is it still okay to poke fun at? In theory that equates to bullying. I know, hurt feelings on the internet, etc, but where is the line drawn on the mockery of others?

I guess he couldn't grab mine :p
2015-01-04_00001.jpg

words

I would like to point out that during the initial rage quit thread debacle while node was compaining in the steam forums he was offered help to improve by #fukuatwerkteam and node threw the offer back in twerkteams face, called him a bully and then started labeling the entire community as a bunch of "Pedophillic Misogynist Bullying Psycho's." So he really dosent deserve the sympathy.

And back to the RQ's
2235BD9F47F7C9B09AB811829C1C4FCD0DBD83C9

Alright, I'll hold that. I posted out of pity for this node guy, who seems genuinely conflicted over this thread and whatever happened before it. I think that's a case of how badly people can be affected by this sort of thing, and what they end up doing, while everyone else just enjoys not being that person. It's that sort of negative energy in this thread that I wish would be kept to a minimum. What if people get depressed when they RQ? It's completely possible, people can get angry at themselves too. But is it still okay to poke fun at? In theory that equates to bullying. I know, hurt feelings on the internet, etc, but where is the line drawn on the mockery of others?
Up to a certain degree, we can't control how people react to something, period. I did end up nuking the original Rage-Quit thread for this very reason (Node). The general line of this thread is basically as long as you're not doing to intentionally say that this person is legitimately an awful human being for rage-quitting. They may be a bad sport ( and it is up to you to avoid them or consider them a bad sport ). I'm only letting this rock to see if we can uphold this standard.

As for the negative energy-- there is plenty of room to admit you can get steamed and be pointed to the right helpful things.

Node is also a person that I have also tried to help but has seem to legitimately ignored my input, or I failed in understanding his viewpoints and we have chosen to go our seperate ways.

Additionally, you're a cool guy and I mean not to insult you at all.

Reactions: juju_for_president
Additionally, RageQuitting is an unsportsmanlike thing to do. If you're worried about being judged for anything, that's too bad, because it's going to happen anyways.

It says something that the people who are afraid of being judged by their performance with the win/loss ranking system of the videogame are also complaining about being judged by a random thread on the internet.

And back to the RQ's
2235BD9F47F7C9B09AB811829C1C4FCD0DBD83C9

Weird, I saw this person streaming the other day so I didn't take it they'd d/c. Do people ever D/C on stream?

Fenster, thanks for accepting my fight requests despite the ping. I learn a lot from that Parasoul of yours :D

Status
Not open for further replies.