• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Robo Fortune Discussion

The dummy doesn't tech roll even when told to after getting hit by Magnet super after using up OTG. I assume this is a similar problem to where the dummy doesn't tech after Beowulf c.MK OTG...?

"Heads now behave differently/better on death."

While I already miss them tracking the fight, this isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Gotta love that attitude. :^P

F'reals though it's less distracting and more uh, in-character.
I liked it the way it was, your change is something that doesn't bother me other than that it's changed, so I'm being honest, there is no issue with it, I just liked the old way. No actual complaint here, I understood why you did it and you're right, at the very least it is less distracting.

Robo-Fortune's level 5 superflash doesn't have the film reel appear like every other super

So me and drewski found an odd sprite error the other day that people need to watch out for. In one of our matches, when Robo was dhc'd into her Level 1 Laser super near the corner on bella for the win, Bella's arm (Vice Versa's, I guess, to be technical) glitched out looking like something from Missingno as she was being lasered. We both saw it, and checked our replays and reconfirmed that it happened since we saw it again (I watched it multiple times too). However, we took a small break and then came back and tried to record the replays, but by then the replays actually fixed themselves on both of our computers and we didn't see the glitch anymore.

I'll try and look out for it, but basically what I'm saying is, if you think you've seen this glitch, record the replay on the first viewing to make sure you get it properly, cause now I think we've gone insane. :(

Some good robo footage, shows her playstyle well with keepaway and attacking:

Some more footage, this second channel seems to have a lot of SG content on it as well:

Last edited:
Did Mike come up with the puns for Robo-Fortune?

Flex Capacitor and some small part of the VO, but not a lot nope!
aw man you stole my Robowulf line that you somehow knew even though I never thought of it until just now

i should post more stuff on youtube instead of stream and losing archives

Reactions: Aden and Wenzel
It always amuses me when people think Mike made everything in this game singlehandedly.
I don't, nor did I imply that, typically you ask something when you don't know the answer. I know he likes making puns, that's why I asked.

If I thought Mike singlehandedly did everything wouldn't I have said something like "Mike, I love the puns you wrote"?

i should post more stuff on youtube instead of stream and losing archives
Yep! :^)

It always amuses me when people think Mike made everything in this game singlehandedly.
I know, I have TWO hands!

Had you never seen amabane's channel? (O.o)

Nope, though I have heard of the stream from skullhearts stream box, but I haven't yet ever actually watched any amabane vids/streams besides what I linked to previously on this page.

Nope, though I have heard of the stream from skullhearts stream box, but I haven't yet ever actually watched any amabane vids/streams besides what I linked to previously on this page.
Oh, amabane is sick!

Back on topic, Robo's in the Beta hahah.

Reactions: Dime
Is there an opinion on a button command that makes Magnet never grab?
Eg "If you hold a P while releasing K, the opponent just drops down, even if he is right next to the magnet"

Currently it is quite difficult to utilize Magnet in some cases (mostly in the corner?),
where if I don't hold it at all the opponent plops down and I can't combo out of it (or he gets grabbed instantly),
while if I hold it a minibit to get him into a better place, I can't release anymore due to Magnet then grabbing
(and even if I hold it for the full duration, it usually just automatically grabs).

This makes eg cMK sHK xx Magnet a lot less desirable to use in the corner than when the opponent is midscreen;
and while that particular string may not be too much of an issue anymore (due to ppl being able to opt for cMK sHK cHK now),
there were some other cases (which I forgot, heh) where I wanted to use Magnet but was unable to make it not-grab while still allowing a combo

Perhaps this is intended, I don't know~

Is there an opinion on a button command that makes Magnet never grab?
I imagine that opinion has something to do with changes that aren't bug fixes being pretty much done. Also, he already made it easier so I would imagine it works as intended, perhaps I'm wrong.

Found this earlier and made the get head thread with in it, but now I have it in video. Thanks @Tomo009 for finding the strings for other characters, I only found it for Filia.

I think this makes RF MUCH stronger as a team member and is definitely worth learning.

It used to be really hard but consistent on Double but with the buff to raw tag it's easier and works on everyone pretty much without fail outside of slightly modifying OTG buttons and timings.

Oh you mean the actual loop itself? You have to be pretty close into the corner but yeah that is also universal.

So I just tested this out the head call loop on double snaps, and it turns out using cLP sMP cHK like used here is really awkward to use, especially on Lights (most most especially on fortune) and the Bigger heavies because there is a lot of variation on timing. Plus its a tighter window than it looks because it's easy to get a restand on the cLP sMP (which, while technically still usable for a double snap since you can just do cMK cHK, it'd get really confusing to change your loop on the fly).

But I think I got an easier loop to work with, just add L danger. The timing adjustment for different characters is a lot easier to compensate on the fly for, so I think it should be the go to easy head call double snap.

I tried it and personally find it a bit more difficult on the heavies that way and I have no trouble landing it on lights anyway.

Works either way, I will say though, if their assist has not much life left, 2LP 5[MP] 2HK on its own will deal less damage overall per loop letting you get the heads on lower life.

The danger might help on the characters who have a tendency to fly right over your head if you don't time 2HK correctly.

Reactions: Jet Set Dizzy
So, what are people's opinions on H beam assist?

It seems that some people aren't really liking it to much from what I can tell...

I find it really useful fullscreen specially against people who jump a lot, but it's not very useful mid-range and closer.
I find M Head-drone to be the superior assist, tbh.

It seems that some people aren't really liking it to much from what I can tell...
It's nice if you want to hold someone at full screen or make them jump, or if you need to break armor you can predict pretty well, but outside those it's pretty not great.

It's not great in BE assist range but if you can stop your opponent from getting that close, H Beam assist is possibly the best screen control tool that isn't Peacock's stuff. Makes them have to deal with the assist by either jumping over it (and if they time it wrong they still land on it, or they doublejump over it and then they can't call their assist). Especially now that double jumping isn't completely brain dead as far as avoiding the ground it concerned, H Beam covers a fairly high part of the screen and hangs around for a decent while so you can either rush in after it or continue to play right outside mid range if you want to. Also its long active time makes countercalling it from far impossible.

It's especially great for Filia because it clears the screen for her avenue of approach and it makes the c.MP slide under reset stupidly ambiguous.

I think it's really good for some characters (Peacock), and usable for most characters that approach just above that height (Fortune, Filia). I do quite like how even when they aren't actually hit by it it still limits there movement options. It's not a "doesnt matter whos on point" type of assist like butt or LnL, but it's definitely good.

Personally, I prefer h danger to it, but that's probably because I've got Cerebella on anchor and LnL outclasses it [atleast for Fortune].

Reactions: KhaosMuffins
It's not great in BE assist range but if you can stop your opponent from getting that close, H Beam assist is possibly the best screen control tool that isn't Peacock's stuff. Makes them have to deal with the assist by either jumping over it (and if they time it wrong they still land on it, or they doublejump over it and then they can't call their assist). Especially now that double jumping isn't completely brain dead as far as avoiding the ground it concerned, H Beam covers a fairly high part of the screen and hangs around for a decent while so you can either rush in after it or continue to play right outside mid range if you want to. Also its long active time makes countercalling it from far impossible.

It's especially great for Filia because it clears the screen for her avenue of approach and it makes the c.MP slide under reset stupidly ambiguous.

This is basically how I feel about it as well.

And while I can't speak for to many characters other than the ones I play, for pw it does:

Completely protects my fly j.mp. If I call the assist just before I j.mp from flight... My j.mp basically becomes somewhat uncontestable, at least as far as AA assists are concerned.

My opponent also can't just duck the beam because my j.mp will overhead them.

And characters with run can call it before their run and use it to,cover that kind of advance. It isn't foolproof, but it's a good pattern. There are other things I really like about it such as its ability to be called and be safe, unlike H brass or bomber, and its ability to counter call from full screen away safely.

I can also use it to cover my midrange dashin approach since it will destroy any assist called to hit me.

But it IS weak from close range. I wouldn't use the assist as an anchor on a duo team. The team I have it on has r fortune second and beat extend L anchor.

This way my opponent can't just turtle against my BE assist from the opposite side of the screen, nor can they just rush down my beam assist either.

Though it's just theory I feel like it would be good for any character:

Squigly:

Covers her run in, covers her charging, covers her wiffed divekick.

Peacock.. Kinda a no brainer, peacock covers the ground and air with her bombs, robo covers peacocks deadzone perfectly and adds a move that has to be ducked. By most of the cast, and destroys peacocks nemesis... H brass assist.

Pw:

Synergizes with her fly j.mp ridiculously well.

Filia:

Covers filias approach vector really well... Can't duck the beam cause Filia overheads.

Double:

Double has the least amount of synergy that i can find. Doubles gun is crouchable and so is robos beam...

Bella:

She has ridiculous airnormals and the opponent won't be able to duck the beam while dealing with bella instant jhp or dash jump j.mp.

Parasoul:

Synergizes with parasouls shots by covering space parasoul recovers from her shot. Makes certain tear calls much safer in certain matchups. Also Synergizes with parasouls jump attacks really well just like the rest of the cast.

Beowulf:

Covers his aerial rush attacks.

Etc

I still feel like the assist is really good. Takes some setup and not really useable on a duo. But other than that I think it's the best assist I've used besides vanilla h bomber and beat extend L.

I've never used H LNL though... So, yeah, there's always that.

Thx for replying guys :) I got my question answered more than sufficiently.

Last edited:
if you're in the air calling beam why would i duck? why would i get hit by low if i absolute guard? I'm so confused as to how this even makes a mixup tool instead of just a pure screen control assist. and even then its not amazing from what i've been playing against.

if you're in the air calling beam why would i duck?

You wouldn't, I hope.

As far as it being a mixup assist, I didn't say it was a mixup assist. I specifically state examples of it covering an approach in almost every example I give... Covering an approach, not giving a mixup.

To me, that's its biggest strength. Very low risk approach vectors. The mixup comes AFTER the approach and the get in. The approach isn't the mixup in itself.

I don't know where you got the mixup thing from... Maybe you are replying to someone other than me? (Idk)

But like I said, I made a few different points in there:

It destroys other assist calls such as LNL and BE and updo etc etc

It counter calls from a safe range away and unlike other counter call assists like brass or bomber or AA assists, this one doesn't hang itself when it does and can cover an approach while also countering an assist.
It Synergizes with projectiles very well
It does good damage
It is extremely good at covering approaches

None of these have anything to do with directly getting a mixup.

Getting in is one of the harder things to do in sg against a competent opponent and here is an assist that damn near does it for you for free, along with some other really cool benefits... I don't see how that isn't strong, but I'm not here to browbeat anyone either.

It isn't good enough to be a duo assist for most teams because of its linear nature. It's an assist that invites the user to be rushed down if they have no AA assist to back it up. This might be mitigated by pairing it with characters that have naturally good defense like bella or band... But... Maybe not.

I certainly won't be using it on a duo, but at the secondary position or even if robo is point on a trio, it has some really really good strengths.

I've been using it with pw and getting in for damn near free. And yes my opponents do use AG.. They use that shit all day. But I still get in and they don't always block the assist... It does hit a decent amount. And the way I use the assist, if it hits that's a conversion for pw.

And how will it hit?

If they throw a fireball, or they jump forward or dash forward or press a misplaced jumpin those are all ways that can open them up to getting hit by the assist.

So in order to not get hit by the assist you have to never do any of those things or restrict your use of those things in the extreme... An assist that makes you rethink jumping forward/pressing buttons/throwing fireballs/dashing or running forward for some characters... From full screen... Seems pretty powerful and the threat of it alone gives me a lot of leverage at neutral, from what I've seen and played against.

It isn't some uber all powerful can't fail assist. But it certainly feels exceptionally strong when I use it.

Last edited:
if you're in the air calling beam why would i duck? why would i get hit by low if i absolute guard? I'm so confused as to how this even makes a mixup tool instead of just a pure screen control assist. and even then its not amazing from what i've been playing against.

Well the idea is that jumping in behind the beam assist forces the opponent to stand up into the beam and block it instead of ducking under it. This gives you Chip+Frame Advantage that you wouldn't have had otherwise.

You know, considering how slow the startup is on HP Beam, I wonder if anybody has tried MP or LP beam assist to see how it compares.

Hey, reporting a visual bug with Robo.

When dashing towards the opponent with a dash that isn't her run, and the opponent suddenly switches sides (ie, H Pinion), and you dash-run in the opposite direction, her rocket effects appear on both sides of her body. Its really weird and cool, but probably not supposed to be in.

I have no means to easily record, so here's a crappy picture my brother took while I tried to recreate it countless times.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2Y9iZmENpjPQnFqdVZaWkNHQTFaTGxxLXhDUURvM0ZQZkJB/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:
You know, considering how slow the startup is on HP Beam, I wonder if anybody has tried MP or LP beam assist to see how it compares.

I use MP Beam assist. Thanks to its fast startup and ridiculous range, it's very good in neutral both to poke at the opponent trying to jump around and to snipe out a lot of (but not all) assists. However, since it has very low hitstun, confirms are hard/next to impossible and as one consequence it isn't great for mixups. It is purely a neutral poke, and for that job it is pretty good at it.

H Beam assist is probably good for anyone who approaches by air since they have to stand and eat the chip or anyone who wants to keep you fullscreen like Peacock/Fukua.
Con is the long startup and easy to pushblock and absolute guard but you made them block and are at advantage.
It's not a strong universal assist but I think it'll be unmatched for specific needs, maybe it could be a strong assist to counter popular assists.

Hey, reporting a visual bug with Robo.

When dashing towards the opponent with a dash that isn't her run, and the opponent suddenly switches sides (ie, H Pinion), and you dash-run in the opposite direction, her rocket effects appear on both sides of her body. Its really weird and cool, but probably not supposed to be in.

I have no means to easily record, so here's a crappy picture my brother took while I tried to recreate it countless times.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2Y9iZmENpjPQnFqdVZaWkNHQTFaTGxxLXhDUURvM0ZQZkJB/view?usp=sharing
@render