• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Robo-Fortune: "Why Do I Feel Pain, Creator" edition!

I'm not good at puns but someone write something involving "mewtilation".

Just some advanced warning that I'll be moving this thread to the Robo-Fortune section when the character is released.

Sounds fair to me, I just hope you remember that by that point. Considering she's at least a year away.

KO scream Idea: Says something in binary code, but since Binary is so long she just keeps speaking even while she's unconscious and you probably will have left the match before she's finished. Like Republican Double's Fillibuster kinda.

k9ow.jpg
I'll leave this here.

mayhaps instead of fortunes puppet mechanic her arms could work like zappa's sword in ggxxac+r

I hope Robo Fortune is a combination of special projectiles and mix ups. I hope she doesn't share Fortune's puppet mechanic, just for variety's sake.

Mike's already confirmed that Robo-Fortune isn't going to be a puppet character. I also remember hearing something about her being rushdown of some kind, but I don't remember if Mike was the one who said it or not.

"Oh great, this thing doesn't have a 'mewt' button, does it?"

As a guy who's been around the sci-fi loop, could we insert some sort of pun on the Asimov Laws Of Robotics?
"CLAW 1: YOU MUST INJURE ALL HUMANS AND MUST NOT, THROUGH INACTION, ALLOW A HUMAN BEING TO ESCAPE HARM."

http://sam.wileycomputerworks.com/SS13/AILAWS.wav

Last edited:
In where it says:

I'M A CIRCUIT ABOVE THE REST

Should it be CIR-CUT?

I know that's what Kimlinh meant, but I wanted to painfully CLAW-vious.

At least she seems to not be dead right now! It seems the devs want her to diode.

Nice pun! Robo Fortune might STEEL my heart with how fun she is~!

as i posted in the old RF thread, she really needs this as one of her entrance poses
also
roboky-cometogether.gif

roboky-ride.gif
:3

Reactions: Huesoman
She needs a projectile attack where she shoots out a pink poptart with rainbow trail, similar in function to Peacock's "YOHOHO/AVAST".

She should say:

"Nyan-nyan-nyan-nya-na-nyan!" (like the taunting Nah-nah-nah-nah-na-nah! or Ms. Fortune's "I win" song)

or

"Taste the Rainbow!"

Maybe instead of a Pop-Tart it could be just her head with a rainbow trail? Seems less...obvious.

She needs a projectile attack where she shoots out a pink poptart with rainbow trail, similar in function to Peacock's "YOHOHO/AVAST".

She should say:

"Nyan-nyan-nyan-nya-na-nyan!" (like the taunting Nah-nah-nah-nah-na-nah! or Ms. Fortune's "I win" song)

or

"Taste the Rainbow!"
For the record, they can't.
The nyan cat creators have a history of taking legal action against those who use the IP, and would probably want royalties.
And all things considered, even if they would win because it's clearly a parody, and even though the lawsuit might not happen, Lab Zero probably wants to avoid legal headaches.
It's the same reason that Big Band can't have an epic sax guy taunt.

I feel like you're also forgetting to point out that dumb internet memes don't belong in videogames.

Reactions: Hejt and Comb
Not gonna back up the nyan cat idea but the game already has a couple memes. I share your sentiment though.
No, there has already been a lawsuit involving nyan cat's creator demanding royalties for having a cameo in a video game.
Definitely not a safe thing to do, legally.

I feel like you're also forgetting to point out that dumb internet memes don't belong in videogames.
Well I was trying to be nice, dammit.

I'm sorry, but majority of Skullgirls is composed of Memes.

Let's see...

"Can I haz cheeseburger" (said by Cerebella to Ms. Fortune)

"Winners don't use drugs"

"Maybe she's born with it"

Pretty much anything related to Peacock.

Really if you think the meme is dumb that's fine and well, it was an idea. However Skullgirls does tend to go on the side of memes and pop-culture, whether or not it's in a parodying manner.

Only one of the things you just listed is a meme. I hardly see how one example constitutes the majority of the game's content. Sure the game also has a lot of references. Are references memes? No.

I'm sorry, but majority of Skullgirls is composed of Memes.

Let's see...

"Can I haz cheeseburger" (said by Cerebella to Ms. Fortune)

"Winners don't use drugs"

"Maybe she's born with it"

Pretty much anything related to Peacock.

Really if you think the meme is dumb that's fine and well, it was an idea. However Skullgirls does tend to go on the side of memes and pop-culture, whether or not it's in a parodying manner.
There it is. The majority of skullgirls.
I must be a pirate for reading that, I mean it's practically the entire game.

But really, there's memes and then there's references. Memes are just crappy jokes that are repeated over and over by people on the internet. The only one of those that is a meme is the cheeseburger one and maybe the "winners don't do drugs" one, and... well, the cheeseburger one would be kind of cringe worthy if it weren't for the "That's racist!" reply from fortune, and the other one is timed well. It would be different if fortune had a move where she threw a cheeseburger at her opponent. That just lacks depth it's like "Yeah, we know there's this thing with cats and cheeseburgers and we also know this character is a cat. Please laugh." Except the nyan cat thing would be even worse, since there isn't even a loose connection.

God dammit nox, you stole my line. Look at how much more in depth this is. And you just go and post seconds before I do.

Reactions: NOX
I think you could sneak in a Nyan cat reference. EMPHASIS ON SNEAK. what you were saying they should do was WAAY to obvious to be even remotely funny.

I think you could sneak in a Nyan cat reference. EMPHASIS ON SNEAK. what you were saying they should do was WAAY to obvious to be even remotely funny.

I wasn't trying to be funny, I was making a suggestion.

Anyway anyone going to say something constructive or are we going to continue this pointless little bashfest?

I wasn't trying to be funny, I was making a suggestion.

Anyway anyone going to say something constructive or are we going to continue this pointless little bashfest?
I don't know how that wasn't supposed to be funny. If the point isn't humor, then what is it? Because the only thing you really said was a projectile that references nyan cat.

There isn't some sort of "bash fest" going on here. You raised an idea, and people didn't like it. They never commented on you, they commented on the idea. You're not a victim.

Because references seem to be a thing going on. I wasn't aware humor was the point, it could have been nostalgia or general knowledge.

There isn't some sort of "bash fest" going on here. You raised an idea, and people didn't like it. They never commented on you, they commented on the idea. You're not a victim.

Thanks Detective Benson, but I never felt like a victim, nor did I say I felt like I was being bashed. I'd just like to move on.

I appreciate it Muro.

Anyway what ideas or suggestions do you guys have for Robo-Fortune?

I just want a "Pew! Pew!" somewhere.