• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Robo-Fortune: "Why Do I Feel Pain, Creator" edition!

Give Robo Fortune this:
BBCS_%28Taokaka_Slashy%29.png

But make it like this:
eoy2.png

I'm too lazy to make an image of just the three ranges so I borrowed this. What I'm saying is give Robo a Ringlet Spike-esque attack. It'll most likely be able to extend its arms so why not.

Robo fortune has 3 head designs. That evo shirt one the other that's styled like metal sonic expect it's a cyclops and the third reminds me of robo cop for some reason, it has that visor look to it. So either all three are the final and they will interchange or there is none.

I still want sword-tail action. I want to cut a bitch.
I remember reading a quote from one of the L0 members (probably from before the site went down a few months ago) saying that it was a running joke that she looks different every time they draw her. So it's likely that she'll look entirely different to everything we've already seen.

EDIT: Or she's a shape-shifting machine like in Terminator 2.
Well since she's happening last and L0 will probably (hopefully) see a good bit of profit from SG sales, dlc, and merchandise there may be a chance we'll get more than we expect. That being said, being terminator-two-y or straight up stealing moves may not be the best direction to go. We already have double :/
I prefer the Robo-ky angle.

So I was thinking, maybe she could have some powerful (but limited) projectiles: Her heads. Let's just say she can throw and detonate two heads (a limit like those special attacks from Terrordrome, you use it, you lose it), and no more head-bombs. But it would be funny if the heads she uses to replace the lost ones have different designs, like this:

robo_fortune_icon_by_eugene0-d5ue5r2.png

robo-fortune1.gif

Gz7X1Sk.jpg

And yes, I suggest her final head is her definitive design. Anyway, it's just an idea.

About her quotes, plss, I'd really like her to say to Ms. Fortune = "come quietly or there will be trouble" ^^

Reactions: Armageddon11
So I was thinking, maybe she could have some powerful (but limited) projectiles: Her heads. Let's just say she can throw and detonate two heads (a limit like those special attacks from Terrordrome, you use it, you lose it), and no more head-bombs. But it would be funny if the heads she uses to replace the lost ones have different designs, like this:

robo_fortune_icon_by_eugene0-d5ue5r2.png

robo-fortune1.gif

Gz7X1Sk.jpg

And yes, I suggest her final head is her definitive design. Anyway, it's just an idea.

About her quotes, plss, I'd really like her to say to Ms. Fortune = "come quietly or there will be trouble" ^^
I really like the multiple head idea!

I'm really digging the most recent head. I also think it's pretty much the final design, because it also appeared in Ms. Fortune's Steam trading card art.

Community_image_1377229306.jpg

Since she's probably not going to be a puppet character, PLEASE GIVE HER A ROCKET PUNCH. It doesn't need to detach; just throw some rockets on a punch and I'm happy. (also could throw in a pun bout getting fisted or something. Parody soul fist?)

Also she should have a move that's something like MvC3's Deadpool teleport. The third use doesn't work and results in a small explosion that deals damage on Deadpool and the opponent if they're close enough. Is super cancelable too.

Wouldn't a non-detachable rocket punch just essentially be an ERBOH ROCKETO?
bZVDrWN.jpg

Please...if I can't I have Cherno Band, then at least give me this.

if skullgirls had a character like zappa i would know what to think.

I can't wait for Robo Fourtune to complete my Anti-Skullgirl Labs team. Sticking with Ms Foutune for now

This need to be Robo-fortunes win pose:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxTBLKH4tZ4
Dude that would be an over kill like Stryker throwing his grenade after you're beaten already(or if you're the one beating someone that's okay too). Besides, the girls automatically get into a death animation so these bombs wouldn't hurt them. Although, maybe Lab Zero could work in new reactions-to-explosions animation after the death animations.

Last edited:
The real one is probably not gonna be any of those, isn't it.

I'm loving all of these head designs...even the one that looks kinda like a drive-thru speaker (top, far-right). I wonder which one of these will be the real deal.

Or, dare I dream, could they ALL be real?

or ALL of them

EDIT: People are beating me at posting ;_;

The only way I see more than one being implemented is because Ms. Fortune's head animations have already been animated. But I don't think we're getting all of them. Unless they're connected to her gameplay style it's not likely we're getting them all. Maybe she has a super where she tosses all her heads rapid fire as grenades?

The real one is probably not gonna be any of those, isn't it.
I'm pretty sure the real one is the second from the left on the bottom. It's identical to the image of Robo-Fortune found on the Skullgirls EVO T-Shirt that Alex Ahad also designed.
skullgirls-evo-2013.jpg

That is a beautiful design! I'd actually love to see that in game like an alternate loading screen! :o

There was some speculation a while back that Robo Fortune would change heads. Maybe that's not too far off? Also, loving the Zaku head!

Reactions: Error Macro
I had dream about Robo-Fortune's gameplay style...
IT WAS TERRIBLE.
Still, I can't wait for her. I believe she will be awesome.

For true robo-authenticity, we wouldn't be able to easily control her. She'd basically just be an AI, unless you edit the game files to program her to work. But each file for each computer/user would be different so you can't just look it up online.

I kid, of course.

Multiple heads ftw. Like I said, she can use them as projectiles.

With all this talk of multiple heads, me and some other people got to thinking about how multiple heads could be applied in gameplay.

emcBG98.png

What if they functioned like Faust's 236+P?

That being, R. Fortune throws off one of her heads, and a random one pops back up in its place. The thrown head has a special ability that correlates to its appearance. Maybe it slowly walks across the stage ala LK George, maybe it functions as a landmine for whoever steps on it, maybe it regenerates meter when walked over, or maybe it sends a signal to Lab Zero to initiate a laser airstrike!

Such an ability would place emphasis on R. Fortune's headplay just like the regular Fortune, but in an entirely different context. Instead of attacking with the heads directly through puppeting, you have to be smart with them and make the best of the heads you're given to advance on your opponent.

This would also probably work well with the idea someone posted earlier of Fortune's LVL3 being reused as a teleport that damages whoever gets caught in it, also a Faust trademark.

With all this talk of multiple heads, me and some other people got to thinking about how multiple heads could be applied in gameplay.

emcBG98.png

What if they functioned like Faust's 236+P?

That being, R. Fortune throws off one of her heads, and a random one pops back up in its place. The thrown head has a special ability that correlates to its appearance. Maybe it slowly walks across the stage ala LK George, maybe it functions as a landmine for whoever steps on it, maybe it regenerates meter when walked over, or maybe it sends a signal to Lab Zero to initiate a laser airstrike!

Such an ability would place emphasis on R. Fortune's headplay just like the regular Fortune, but in an entirely different context. Instead of attacking with the heads directly, you have to be smart with them and make the best of the heads you're given to advance on your opponent.

This would also probably work well with the idea someone posted earlier of Fortune's LVL3 being reused as a teleport that damages whoever gets caught in it, also a Faust trademark.
So she would be a stance character? But aren't stance characters too expensive? I'm not trying to be a sappy Sam but still.

^ This. And Faust is one of my favorite characters, I'm glad to see him as a suggestion for Robo-Fortune!

So she would be a stance character? But aren't stance characters too expensive?

Not really. Whatever new head pops up wouldn't change up the gameplay until it's thrown. It would function like Faust's "What's Next?", with the exception of you knowing which head is coming next (which would allow you to be more strategic with them!).

I'm not sure how multiple heads on the same body would work as far as workload is concerned, but hey. I'm just throwing out ideas!

Not really. Whatever new head pops up wouldn't change up the gameplay until it's thrown. It would function like Faust's "What's Next?", with the exception of you knowing which head is coming next (which would allow you to be more strategic with them!).

I'm not sure how multiple heads on the same body would work as far as workload is concerned, but hey. I'm just throwing out ideas!
I actually love the idea, just don't want to slap it down.

One of robo-fortune's supers:
I hope Robo-Fortune has the power to destroy google, an enemy more powerful than the Skullheart itself.
Also, I've been thinking about one of her proposed mechanics of getting faster as time passes, but not with the Blockbuster meter, but rather a separate meter.
Edit: My mistake. I saw some google thing saying "Error". It still makes a good super though.

Last edited:
I'm excited at the prospect of Robo-Fortune in the future, i just hope her play-style isnt too similar to Nadia's. Head bombs are a good idea and maybe some kind of slow(ish) Homing Rocket-Punch, to kind of echo Ms. Fortune's detatchable/stretchable limbs without being too similar.

Seeing as Peacock already has a lot of lasers what about the possibility of a concealed flamethrower (perhaps in her tail) maybe it could have High and low versions like Dhalsims Yoga-flame/Yoga-blast? I agree that her dash should be short(er) as she would be kinda heavy. Perhaps a Blanka-style electrocution attack would be a nice addition, as would some kind of teleport, maybe this would balance a short dash.

Obviously self-destruct should be her level 3 Supercombo, maybe with predator-style mushroom-cloud and increasingly high pitched beeps to accompany the countdown.

I realise all the quote's for robo-fortune are taken but given that she's wracked with self-loathing she should quote everyones favourite manicly-depressed robot, Marvin from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy "i think you should know i'm feeling very depressed" or "Life - loathe it or ignore it, you cant like it"

How about some programming humor for quotes:

Match start:

"IF match == win THEN
PRINT "I win, I win, I win I win I win"
END IF"

Match end (lose):
"ERROR ON LINE 1, CANNOT EXECUTE"

Match end (win):
"SUCCESSFUL BUILD. RELEASE TO TESTING IN TWO WEEKS."

"IF match == win THEN
PRINT "I win, I win, I win I win I win"
END IF"

Should just be:
While(true){
System.out.print("I win")
}
I like java okay shut up

Also, for time out:
"Compiling, please wait..."

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Should just be:
While(true){
System.out.print("I win")
}
I like java okay shut up

I'm taking a class in QB64 and one in Java right now, so I get you, haha.

the only thing that would make me slightly interested in this character would be that she does not remove her head as a "puppet". I really like Fortune but I don't like the "puppet" aspect. It's what keeps me from playing the character, since head off is much stronger.

IIRC, Mike Z or some other staff member said that Robo-Fortune wasn't going to be a puppet character.