• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Robo-Fortune: "Why Do I Feel Pain, Creator" edition!

Flotilla

Reaction score
Big Band Big Band Big Band
With all the hype surrounding your Big Bands and Beowhatsits and Wholizas, people seem to have forgotten the most important character: Robo-Fortune!

Gz7X1Sk.jpg

She's got detachable limbs! She's got cat ears! She's got a crippling case of self-loathing!

Here's a short list of information that's confirmed about the final (confirmed) DLC character:

• She won't be a puppet character.
  • She won't be rushdown.
  • She's a heavy character like Double, and may not be retaining Fortune's doublejump/airdash.
  • (Disclaimer: This info is from early 2013, and may no longer be accurate.) Both Mike and Alex have signed off on the idea, and Robo-Fortune is confirmed to have detonation mode! Similar to the detonation mode of Robo-Ky of Guilty Gear fame, Mike gave a nice explanation of what it is (and how it may work for Robo-Fortune) during Salty Cupcakes:
Mike Z said:
Detonation mode is the thing that Robo-Ky has where he pushes his little plunger and gets a countdown above his head for 10 seconds, during which he's sped up and automatically generates meter. At the end of that ten seconds he explodes, doing crazy damage to his opponent and decent damage to himself, losing all of his remaining meter afterwards. And I love it, and it's incredibly fun, AND-
  • She may end up being free for everyone, depending on how much work is needed to create her. This is the reason she was not included in the DLC pack IndieGogo backers got with their Skullgirls keys.
  • While having original animation, a large part of her frames will be edited versions of Ms. Fortune's animation. Here's how she'll look in-game.
  • She's currently being worked on alongside Beowulf! She even has an idle animation and some months-old mockup palettes.
  • Alex has heavily hinted at her being a creation of Brain Drain of Lab 0.
  • She's currently slated to be released with the PS4/Vita versions of Skullgirls Encore in late Q1 2015.
I'll add more info as it comes in, but who knows when that might be...

Last edited:
IT'S GLORIOUS WHOLIZA OUJO-SAMA TO YOU, MISTER!! >:[

Ahem....
I'm actually quite looking forward to Robo-Fortune, perhaps more so than for Big Band, especially since we got word her budget got bigger.
It seems she already has a final design and everything.
At any rate, I'll keep pawning my crummy idea of her opening her chest like toaster slits and fire Fortune-headed pop-tart missiles.
HYPER FORTUNYAN FORCE! >:3

As a side note, this topic made me wonder about Kimlinh's very own Robo-Fortune topic (and by extension the topics by Danielle McRae, Kaiji Tang and Rich Brown) where she asked the fans for suggestions for the voice pack. I hope everyone's contributions didn't go up in binary flames. There were a lot of good ones...

Ahem....
I'm actually quite looking forward to Robo-Fortune, perhaps more so than for Big Band, especially since we got word her budget got bigger.
At any rate, I'll keep pawning my crummy idea of her opening her chest like toaster slits and fire Fortune-headed pop-tart missiles.

As a side note, this topic made me wonder about Kimlinh's very own Robo-Fortune topic (and by extension the topics by Danielle McRae, Kaiji Tang and Rich Brown) where she asked the fans for suggestions for the voice pack. I hope everyone's contributions didn't go up in binary flames. There were a lot of good ones...
Crap, yeah hope those were recorded somewhere!

I'm too hype, I loves me some Fortune, and Robo is shapin up to be just as fun, if not moreso.

Reactions: Cybermanworf

Ahem....

"Hands off the hair, tin can!"

Yeah I'm excited for some Mechanical Nadia as well. Hoping to see popular robot references. As a Persona fan, may I recommend an Aigis palette? Or perhaps a voice line? ("I NEED YOUR HALP" would be glorious)

Maybe a line pertaining to the late Steve Jobs maybe?

Maybe a line pertaining to the late Steve Jobs maybe?

Win Quote: "YOU HAVE BEEN RECRUITED FOR THE CATINTOSH TEAM."

Edit: Yeah I know that's from the movie, but it's the first thing I thought of.

Oh man, the second I saw that trading card image, I got incredibly hyped. Had no idea Robo-Fortune got a bigger budget. It's going to be a long wait, but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

If Robo-Fortune is going to have a different playstyle and new special moves from recycled Ms. Fortune animations, then I'd be thrilled if they make moves like these:

*Recycle the animation from Fortune's Level 3 Super to make a Cyrax-style teleport. Peacock can't be the only character with a teleport.

*Recycle the animation from Head Spike (What's the name for the move where she removes her head?) and make Robo-Fortune throw an explosive head at an opponent like Faust from Guilty Gear or Alisa Bosconovich from Tekken.

I'm also hoping her lines will have some silly references to Gray Fox from MGS. They could make her shout "HURT ME MORE!" while getting beaten up.

BTW, does anyone think that Robo-Fortune might end up being one of the villainous characters? We know definitely that Eliza is one of the villains, but Robo-Fortune's story is still kind of ambiguous. For all we know she could end up being one of those robots who want to commit genocide against humanity.

EDIT:

Also, who else, besides me, wants Robo-Fortune to have a Sektor or Cyrax palette?

lol what if she randomly got a proton cannon special.

BTW, does anyone think that Robo-Fortune might end up being one of the villainous characters?
For Story Mode they can easily play with the "mass production" angle and we get all sorts of Robo-Fortunes with different personalities.
Personally, I want one who analytically explains every joke she hears and despite such advanced levels of understanding, has absolutely no sense of humor.

As for palettes, I just want a Monsoon palette.

So would she be able to do similar gadget tricks like robo ky like pull out a propeller and have an extended air dash or alter her body structure to different shapes and appliances?

So would she be able to do similar gadget tricks like robo ky like pull out a propeller and have an extended air dash or alter her body structure to different shapes and appliances?
Nobody knows yet. I once asked Mike Z on Salty Cupcakes Stream if Robo-Fortune would have a separate/exclusive meter like Robo Ky and he said that she won't be a complete copy of Robo Ky and would be different. She would be sort of like an EX Version of Ms. Fortune.

Last edited:
Hmm I dont, unless she's uber stylized and has clearly original mechanical trait moves just iono if I can be as hyped for her as before, I mean its still possible to be epic and not copy robo ky right?

Hmm I dont, unless she's uber stylized and has clearly original mechanical trait moves just iono if I can be as hyped for her as before, I mean its still possible to be epic and not copy robo ky right?
I don't think she will be a direct copy of Robo Ky. The idea is something like this:

Robo-Ky: A copy of Ky Kiske, but has a completely different playstyle and has exclusive moves that are made from recycled animations of Human Ky.
Robo-Fortune: Read the Robo-Ky sentence and replace Ky with Ms. Fortune.

EDIT: I'm still new to Guilty Gear. GG veterans, please feel free to correct me if I got the facts wrong.

Last edited:
Well those 2 are for sure different, so I guess if they go the right direction robo fortune could turn out amazing.

For all we know Robo Fortune might end up being a Zoner character instead of a Rushdown/Puppet Master type character like Ms. Fortune. Robo might end up being more similar to Peacock, but be different like how Cerebella and Beowulf are both Grappler types, but Wulf would have different moves/gameplan.

Or maybe Robo F will be another grappler. Who knows at this point when Big Band is still being made?

I'm wondering if she comes with a Pun Matrix.

But did someone mention her having self loathing? What sets our new cybernetic cat from the undead demoiselle she's based on?

I'm wondering if she comes with a Pun Matrix.

But did someone mention her having self loathing? What sets our new cybernetic cat from the undead demoiselle she's based on?

Many Salty Cupcakes ago during the IGG drive, Kimlinh and Keiji were joking about what Robo Fortune would be like. The popular idea was that she'd be comically depressed, despite (or because) her entire existence pretty much being a joke.

Many Salty Cupcakes ago during the IGG drive, Kimlinh and Keiji were joking about what Robo Fortune would be like. The popular idea was that she'd be comically depressed, despite (or because) her entire existence pretty much being a joke.

Really? That's interesting. I kind of want to see more of her now! ^_^

I still think Fortune needs spinning furred kick and robo-fortune needs wheel of fortune. it feels like they need to be for the other character thay are now.

I think she will be like Inspector Gadget. Sure she must be heavy and not really air oriented (coz she is a robot), with huge amount of weapon inside, like shocker, laser, rocketlauncher, maybe even flamethrower, all this things that making robots that awesome. Shooting her hands, legs and throwing her head as a bomb, haha.
Looking on different meter, looks like her moves will be affected by meter level, like Robo Ky. Kinda slow and defensive at start, but faster and more dangerous with a meter gain.

Looking on different meter, looks like her moves will be affected by meter level, like Robo Ky. Kinda slow and defensive at start, but faster and more dangerous with a meter gain.

Robo-Fortune will not have a separate meter. She will have the same one that everyone else has. I asked Mike Z about it on Salty Cupcakes (I can't remember when it was exactly and these Twitch videos are like 4 hours long) and he said something like "No. She will not be an exact copy of Robo Ky".

It's too bad all of the Robo-Fortune quotes are gone, but I was thinking: What if she made noises from other characters (basically outtakes from other characters or other voice actors saying things as robo-fortune.) randomly or when she gets hit? I think it would be funny for her to get knocked out but sound like Samson, still making Ms. Fortune's puns or some self-deprecating comment.
Also if it turns out she was made by Brain Drain in Lab Zero, she should say something along the lines of "Canopy Kingdom science is the best in the wooooorld!" or "Lab Zero science is the best..." etc.

Does anyone here seems to think Robo-Fortune is underrated?

For me I think she seems to be, considering how she don't get as much talk as other DLC chars like Eliza or Beowulf. Even though she's not my personal favorite, I still think she has a lot of potential in both story and battles alike.

Still gladly waiting for her though.

Still gladly waiting for her though.
I personally waiting for Beowulf and Robo F. Less talk about her, as I think, because she is not so idolised character, like others. Not that powerful personality.

Her personality still a mystery. Maybe he hate a world, but just a puppet in master's hands, like Mu-12/Nu-13/Lambda-11 (actually, nu-13 got a more perverted personality, haha), or she is defective and thrown to death experimental version, like Robo Ky, or maybe she is one who looking for her own personality, refusing that she is just an replica, or thinking of Ms. Forute as a big sister. Or maybe she enjoying what she is doing as instrument of murder opposite to Painwheel at last.

Does anyone here seems to think Robo-Fortune is underrated?

For me I think she seems to be, considering how she don't get as much talk as other DLC chars like Eliza or Beowulf. Even though she's not my personal favorite, I still think she has a lot of potential in both story and battles alike.

Eh, a lot of the hate stems from the fact that some people are under the impression that if we didn't get Robo-Fortune, we would've gotten a third DLC vote character, even though the only reason we got RF in the first place was because she'd be cheaper to make than another character and LZ wanted to give us more bang for our buck.

Back in the other thread, I thought of a couple ones. Unfortunately, this is the only one I remember.
To Peacock "Accessing Peacock file. FULL OF SPAM!"

I'm really hoping for a detachable head with it's own arsenal (kinda how Relius from blazblue plays), but seems kinda cheap. Either that or launchable limbs but not in a way where it revolves around her play style. (if that made sense.) Her dash would probably end up a short dash because of her weight either way, she should be interesting.

Kinda odd but this just came to mind re-reading this and seeing the suggestion of other characters audio cilps.

What if one were done as a simple audio manipulation of other cut lines from say Fillia for example, just audio edited to sound more robotic as if it were recorded beforehand. I don't have a recent example but in Predator 2 this is done to some effect when a child in the graveyard scene asks "Want some candy" and holds something out towards the Predator, later in the movie he replays this line in a very distorted way and out of context. It might be a good way to use some old saved audio bits if they happen to fit right in.

...I totally didn't say that or anything. Great Idea! GREAT-DAZE!
Forgive my salt.