• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

RWBY

R.I.P. Yang We knew ye well.

God damn it stop spoilering shit! I haven't even seen episode 5! Not EVERYONE can watch this shit at the same time..

edit: I don't mean the youtube "what's next" videos.. those are easy to skip over.. but the posts with just text not in a spoiler? that's kinda hard to miss as you needa read to know what the post could be about >.>

Anyways... anyone pick up the game yet? Really wanna hear your point of view on it.

Last edited:
God damn it stop spoilering shit! I haven't even seen episode 5! Not EVERYONE can watch this shit at the same time..
You honestly shouldn't be in a forum thread about the show in the first place i your not caught up. The most recent posts will be about the most recent episodes, and we spoil stuff for around 24 hours. Going past that is your own fault.

If she loses to that ass scum I'll be

salty I guess

Yang's weakness has been explicitly told to be "People who fight with their feet" which is why she had trouble dealing with one of the twins from her trailer, as well as Neo in Volume 2.

Last edited:
You honestly shouldn't be in a forum thread about the show in the first place i your not caught up. The most recent posts will be about the most recent episodes, and we spoil stuff for around 24 hours. Going past that is your own fault.
For your information, I've yet to open and spoiler tagged posts. So those I'm not blaming.

FYI latest episode plot detail posts that isn't vague should be spoiled tagged. Example episode 5 details/events [and of course below] can be talked about openly when episode 6 comes out out since that gave enough people time to see it. More accurate to say a week grace period after x episode airs [for non sponsors so for example just because I see it the moment it comes out doesn't mean I get to post one of my long posts immediately unspoiled] since RWBY doesn't exactly always do an episode every week.

Common courtesy. Thread isn't just about latest episodic discussion but about the RWBY show in general so saying people shouldn't be here to begin with if they haven't caught up won't fly although it's recommended you get caught up in general more so that you don't sound ignorant when making posts.

Preview videos are fine to be posted because that is on the individual if they click it.

Anyway Yang sure seems to get the most exposure for the tournament. Blake in comparison so far seems to have very little sceen-time since this season started.

In fairness
blake had a lot last season
she can take a backseat for the time being, least until that one guy shows up

Yeah she will clearly have more screentime at least in the later half in this season, but seems noteworthy that the other three characters had actual scenes besides the first episode.

recommended you get caught up in general more so that you don't sound ignorant when making posts.
When RT plans to upload the same episode the same day on youtube, I'd be glad to get caught up XD Being forced to wait a week to watch an episode behind everyone is a drag x,x But I get what ya saying though XD

I love how they are starting to dig into the char's tallents more. Monty did want them to gain their skills on a "level up like system", so seeing things like Weiss starting more training in her glyphs is cool.

Anyways... anyone pick up the game yet? Really wanna hear your point of view on it.
I picked it up. For an early access game, it runs pretty well. I still haven't played as all the characters yet (still need to see how Weiss plays), but it's good so far. Also depending on how your computer is set up you may want to run the game in a small screen window to avoid any lag.

Reactions: Kit Ballard
Figured my shitty lil laptop wouldn''t beable to run it XD The way it sounds, maybe even my busted computer wouldn't of been able too o.o

Its hot garbage as of this moment, maybe in a couple years. I'd recommend buying a better game

And because a new episode is coming out tomorrow, it means its time for another good old RWBY RECAP!

tumblr_inline_nz5nsryhUK1rltz3k_1280.png

Whoa... So I went over to the TV tropes thread and was greeted with an enormous amount of spoiler tags...might be safe to spoiler tag anything that happens this episode.

Dang... and I have to wait a week to boot... And I still have to wait for Eps 5 to land on their youtube channel >.>

Since when were you under the impression that I hadn’t been using Neo's illusions?
latest
'd?

Well Pyrrha got mind fucked by the whole secret society premise. If she does inherit the power it will either be one of those coexisting things where Pyrrha is still the dominant mind and has a passenger or it's gonna be one of those split personalities at worse since I doubt the writing direction will overwrite her completely.

Also schemes coming to light in that Yang vs Mercury match. Fight didn't last too long, but it didn't matter who won it seem. Yang ended being the real loser in the end with that illusion making her unintentionally break Mercury's leg. No I don't believe it was fake footage/mass illusion on the audience that I see some theories surfacing when it makes more sense that Yang was effected to see what wasn't happening. Kind of have to admire the loyalty to the plan that a heavy leg based fighter is willing to injure his leg to make it happen if his leg is really broken.

I don't think Mercury knew it was gonna happen. I think Cinder planned it and Mercury and Emerald were throwaway pieces, similar to pawns as stated at the end of Vol. 1. No doubt it was somebody (Neo?) who was using an illusion on Yang to make her break his leg. The rest of the crowd just reacted to what happened. Also lol Pyrrah is getting a roomate...(nail~).

Qrow didn't seem so...assholish in the last few episodes. Also the Phyrra part reminds me of when Piccolo fused with Kami

So Roosterteeth was selling some exclusive Japanese merch on the 24th. I snagged the fan artbook since that and the button/pouch combo are the only things left over. The other stuff were wall scrolls of each girl in the RWBY gang; all of them sold out within the first hour.

At least they still have their wall scroll which I'll probably pick up after the holidays.

Reactions: HeadcrabNinja
So Roosterteeth was selling some exclusive Japanese merch on the 24th. I snagged the fan artbook since that and the button/pouch combo are the only things left over. The other stuff were wall scrolls of each girl in the RWBY gang; all of them sold out within the first hour.

At least they still have their wall scroll which I'll probably pick up after the holidays.
I'm willing to bet they'll have more stuff like it at RTX AU

I'm willing to bet they'll have more stuff like it at RTX AU

Wouldn't be surprised if they did. Gotta give the people who don't get site emails a chance to get this stuff. Probably would sell just as fast too.

Wouldn't be surprised if they did. Gotta give the people who don't get site emails a chance to get this stuff. Probably would sell just as fast too.
Yeah. At Supanova last year they sold outta stuff real quick.

So when is the next episode supposed to air?

Next weekend. 2nd for sponsors, 3rd public on website.

Reactions: Era
well, we still don't know a lot of the why, but we've sure gotten showed the how on Cinder.
Em's illusions run deep and Yuri Lowenthal has robolegs so of course he's fine after getting kneecapped by Yang.
Amber was hella rad but rip in pizza. She was voiced by Laura Bailey though, so I'm certain that she'll have some form of presence later on.
Maybe as Pyrrha's mindbuddy, as was said.

Anyone else feel that if Blake was present in the tent with Adam when Cinder's group initially tried to recruit him that would have thrown a monkey wrench in their plans at least during espionage part? I doubt they would have predicted that Blake would end up at Beacon after the train incident.

Anyone else feel that if Blake was present in the tent with Adam when Cinder's group initially tried to recruit him that would have thrown a monkey wrench in their plans at least during espionage part? I doubt they would have predicted that Blake would end up at Beacon after the train incident.
the tent started all these problems