• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[Sep 19, 2014] GUTS 3 (Ledyard, Connecticut)

I booked the hotel for 2 nights (fri-sat), split 4 ways gonna cost a little over $100 a head.

I booked the hotel for 2 nights (fri-sat), split 4 ways gonna cost a little over $100 a head.
So my flight doesn't leave until monday morning. I'm gonna need a room for sunday night from someone. I know @DaydreamingSorc offered to house me earlier, any chance you could come to my rescue (again) and keep me at your place for sunday night?

So I'm buying the ticket. I gotta buy the $40 one, right? I can't just get the $10 spectator pass? Cause, I mean, I'll pay it I guess, but I can't see prize for first place being more than $100. Having around 50% of first place's winnings cover the venue kinda sucks.

So I'm buying the ticket. I gotta buy the $40 one, right? I can't just get the $10 spectator pass? Cause, I mean, I'll pay it I guess, but I can't see prize for first place being more than $100. Having around 50% of first place's winnings cover the venue kinda sucks.
Zid I would not worry about what the prize is for 1st if I were you. Maybe I'll let you get 2nd.

Anyways yes you have to buy the $40 thing in order to enter any tournaments.

Reactions: Uzumakihero
Zid I would not worry about what the prize is for 1st if I were you. Maybe I'll let you get 2nd.
it-is-on.gif

Any rooms have space for a cheap price ;_;?

A few people have asked me when preregistration ends. Okay my own feeling on this is that if you know you're going you should just register and get it over with rather than putting it off until the last minute. That said the last day to register online is Thursday, September 18th, which is to say the day before the tournament.
Any rooms have space for a cheap price ;_;?
I'm out of beds in my room, that said if you cannot find anything else and if it is ok with my roommates @dekillsage @Natezer and @thedoctor2112 I can offer you floor space.

I should probably register for this soon huh.
Should also figure out how I'm getting here.

Man who even am I?

I haven't pre-reg'd yet. When are we gonna have procrastination tournaments? I would register so late to one of those.

Glad to see I don't have to mention how with 2 weeks left till GUTS, people should get stuff in order...ya know..like rides...and rooms...and REGISTERING.

That said, 2 WEEKS GET HYPE.

Wait I though we were gonna do this big huge 8-man road trip in Cloudking's massive van that can magically fit everyone and their gear. Have plans changed? Because my original plan was driving there anyway.

Wait I though we were gonna do this big huge 8-man road trip in Cloudking's massive van that can magically fit everyone and their gear. Have plans changed? Because my original plan was driving there anyway.
Im not sure but the plan should still be in motion? Pun not intended btw.

Either way I cant do it anymore since I cant stay for the whole weekend so I will be driving up on my own.

Oh cloudking must not have told you guys but he can not make guts. He has a wedding to attend too.
reeses in pieces

It's kinda weird though cuz I'm going to crash that wedding and make it to guts anyways hm yes very nice

Reactions: Lethalmind
Ah that explains it. Welp, back to my original plan. ROAD TRIP SON! So who needs a ride in my clown car.

Just realized, Cloudking was supposed to be one of my roomates, which means I now have an open spot in my room. Anyone need a room?

A few people have asked me when preregistration ends. Okay my own feeling on this is that if you know you're going you should just register and get it over with rather than putting it off until the last minute. That said the last day to register online is Thursday, September 18th, which is to say the day before the tournament.

I'm out of beds in my room, that said if you cannot find anything else and if it is ok with my roommates @dekillsage @Natezer and @thedoctor2112 I can offer you floor space.

If things work out, that floor is MINE! I MEAN, LIKE, THE WHOLE THING, SINCE I'M HUGE AND SHIT.

So, the tourney starts at 12?

btw
will sg get any stream time here
Most likely yes. It will probably be on my stream. Jamie has assured me the venue has enough Internet that I can be streaming without taking too much bandwidth away from Arturo.

Reactions: dekillsage
The online schedule has been updated with times and a stream schedule:

http://www.game-underground.com/#!schedule/c19cg

Skullgirls will be starting at noon at the anime fighters area. I realize that's pretty early so my advice is to not get too crunk the night before and wake up early with the worst hangover of your entire life and then only get third.

The tournament will be streamed on www.twitch.tv/gameunderground. Please note there is no hyphen in this url! That tripped me up earlier.

Reactions: DaydreamingSorc
I say just continue drinking, can't get a hangover if you're still drunk #proStrats
Works for SKD

If I drink and get crunk as fuck and place third then sign me the fuck up pass that shit this way!

Oh wait, I'm driving...don't drink and drive people...

Reactions: DaydreamingSorc
Maaaan, so I guess I should try to get a hotel room for this huh. If anyone still has room hit me up, but it looks like I'll probably just end up getting a room myself.

If that ends up being the case, anyone else who still needs a room can split with me if they want (probably gonna be expensive...)

That's gonna be a crowded ass room. Bodies all over the floor.

Hey, @Rizil how you feel about taking on one more for the floor? Peanuts seems to be gathering a hella crowd in his room, and might need a bit of space.

Have to talk with dolfinh and warpedecho but if they're ok with it im ok with it