• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shantae Series

FREE! Backer Exclusive Costume!

Lx9SG2E.png

We’d like to thank everyone who’s helped fund this game by offering this Backer Exclusive “Blue” Costume, free of charge. If you’ve backed at $12 or above (tiers that include the game), you will receive one download code per copy of the game you’ve reserved. For those who are planning to increase their pledge and receive multiple copies of the game, you’ll get an equal number of Blue Costume codes.

Why blue? When Shantae was pitched for Super Nintendo Entertainment System and PC for the very first time, Shantae wore a red outfit that eventually upgraded to a triumphant blue near the end of the adventure. It seems fitting that we celebrate the success of this campaign by letting Shantae proudly strut her stuff in this heroic color scheme for the very first time! Together we accomplished something that was not possible before, so wear your Shantae Blue proudly!

We’re in the last leg of this fantastic journey, with only THREE DAYS to go! Please help us spread the message to anyone who has yet to pledge!

Whyyyyy! Why am I not a rich bastard!? I want this project to reach at least the 1.1mil stretch goal so badly! T_T

Where are all the children of crooked rich people, of all the uses they could possibly have on this planet... ¬¬'

Whyyyyy! Why am I not a rich bastard!? I want this project to reach at least the 1.1mil stretch goal so badly! T_T ...
I'd assume because your parents were poor and married.

Reactions: Mwisk
I would like to say again that Shantae is so adorable in her PJ's. Just look at how happy she is with her blue pants. :D

EDIT: And they've changed the promo video image so she's wearing the blue outfit. Neato!

Reactions: Mwisk
they'll make the pajamas a dlc outfit eventually

I just paid enough bucks to get the game. Things are looking better as time moves on!

Last edited:
Oh my God she looks SO much better in Blue.

Also I just realized 1/2 Genie Hero is a 4 finger art style. I normally don't like those but here it's just fine.

Bought Shantae on the VC, slower than I thought.
Hold down B to run. But unlike me, you're probably smart enough for that not to have taken you an hour to figure out.

Anyway, play it like SF4, not skullgirls. ^^

Last edited:
I threw $25 at the game, currently. Game looks great honestly, probably going to up my amount come Thursday(payday).

Mighty No.9 obviously getting major attention did steal this game's thunder. Hopefully the final hours of the kickstarter and the Paypal account being open afterwards will be able to chip at the stretch goals.

New Backer-Only Content: Hyper Light Drifter!
We have only 68 hours (or so) left in our Shantae: Half-Genie Hero campaign… but we've still got a few surprises in store. Today we’re pleased to announce that we've teamed-up with Heart Machine, developer of Hyper Light Drifter!

jaQ0lG3.png

Check out their Kickstarter page to see a brand new quest added to Hyper Light Drifter featuring a cameo by Shantae’s arch nemesis Risky Boots! What?! Not only that...for our Backers, we’ve got an an Exclusive Risky Boots Quest featuring "Drifter". Any pledge of $12 or higher (any amount that gets the game) will automatically earn you a download code for this Backer Exclusive side quest in Half-Genie Hero!

3rfcTPV.png

Details: Risky Boots is searching high and low for the magical artifacts she needs to enter the Genie Realm and destroy the do-gooding Shantae once and for all. She soon crosses paths with a wandering stranger named “Drifter”. By fulfilling Drifter’s Quest, Risky Boots will gain the Drifter Blade, a brand new weapon with special properties designed in collaboration with Alexander Preston, creator of Hyper Light Drifter!

Just like the Blue Shantae Costume, this is backer exclusive. And if you’ve already pledged at $12 or above, this content is FREE! You’ll be given one download code for every game you pre-order.

The Kickstarter community just keeps getting better! Check out Hyper Light Drifter right here and consider contributing to this exciting new project: (link)

Live Stream with Jake Kaufman: 5:00 today!

Today at 5:00 PM PDT, Jake Kaufman will begin the task of writing Shantae: Half-Genie Hero's soundtrack by composing the first in-game music right before your eyes. You'll get to watch his screen, see and hear everything he does in real-time, and chat with him as he creates original themes from scratch, and talks about the tools and techniques he's using. Don't miss this rare glimpse into Jake's creative process -- tune in at twitch.tv/wayforwardtv, and get ready to dance in your chair!

Heart Machine & WayForward?! My brain just exploded. Also, I am so there for the Jake Kaufman lessons.

Edit: He's playing 'Rescue Girl' from Mighty Switch Force 2!

Sure feels like waiting until the very very last minute is the thing that's going to get people the most out of donating to this :P

allright backed them up.

now i'm hyped up for 2014 and 2015

Tinkerbat Transformation Update!

QEj5vyt.png

More Tinkerbat Codes!

To those who have pledged $55 or above (or are planning to), lend us your ears! Previously we had stated that each backer is limited to ONE Tinkerbat download code. However we have just been given new orders by our Tyrannical Overlord.

Now, anyone eligible for the Tinkerbat Transformation who has reserved multiple copies of the game (at an additional $15 each) will receive an equal number of DLC codes. You are no longer limited to a single DLC code. So whether you want multiple copies on the same system, or on a combination of platforms, you’ll get that many Tinkerbat Transformation codes to activate your content. You asked and we listened!

Streaming Right Now!

Jake "Virt" Kaufman, legendary WayForward composer and genuine man-about-town, is currently live streaming on WayForwardTV! He's composing the Shantae: Half-Genie Hero music right before your very eyes and ears so stop by and join in the fun!

Tomorrow: Mermaid Day!

And speaking of WayForwardTV, join us tomorrow at 2:00PM PDT to watch one of WayForward's amazingly talented character designers draw a Shantae transformation from start to finish!​

Reactions: Jutsei
While we are at it (even though it isn't there quite yet but it is marked as funded anyways)

They count the Paypal tally just like Mighty No. 9 did. :) The $18,000 in the Paypal count is what pushes it over to funded.

THANK YOU! Stretch Goal Achieved!

Z2hJ66X.png

With 48 hours to go, anything can (and will) happen! Thanks to your pledges we just hit the 600K Stretch Goal for a BONUS CHAPTER... that means the game will now have a new transformation, plotline, and boss sandwiched right in the middle of the main adventure... more game than before! And that's for BOTH Shantae and Risky Modes. Great job, and thank you for your enthusiasm and generosity!

We're very excited to work on this new chapter, which is all about Shantae entering herself in the Magic Carpet Races at Cape Crustacean.

Next Up: Costume Swap!

qKhhwU9.png

Our next Stretch Goal is one that many of you have declared your absolute favorite, and that's the Costume Swap! Shantae will dress up as Officer Wagon, a Ninja, or in her Beach Day attire! These costumes feature special abilities and rebalanced stats. If you're curious how this works, just download the iOS Shantae: Risky's Revenge (it's FREE for you guys right now) and try the brand new (also free) Dancer Costume, which offers twice the magic at half the defense.

Our 700K Stretch Goal will include:

--Officer Wagon Costume: ranged Pellet Gun attacks and increased armor (but may require power restoration by way of Heart Discs)

--Ninja Costume: additional speed, agility, and magic at the cost of defense.

--Beach Day: greatly reduced defense, but adds a few surprise moves (EX: throwing a beach ball at foes, sunbathe to restore Hearts)

48 hours remain -- let's make this happen!!

Today is Mermaid Day!

Reminder that today a member of our Animation Team will be on WayForwardTV at 2:00PM PDT! We'll be designing the new MERMAID TRANSFORMATION before your very eyes! Tune in! We'll also have more randomness on the channel from time to time... check the COMMENTS page for up-to-the-minute information!

Throwing an EX beach ball and sunbathing? Okay, bring it on.​

Cmon, let's hopefully at least make it to Playable Rottytops!
I'd like it if we also made ti to the Negashantae chapter at the most. BUt hey, anything can happen in the FINAL Hours, right?

And in that moment I swear we were all Scrooge Mcduck
you guys do remember I suggested a scrooge mcduck shantae design right?

you guys do remember I suggested a scrooge mcduck shantae design right?

First time I've heard of this and it will also be the last time.

Still though, let's hope we get some money.
I mean we at least got an extra chapter, if we don't make it to another chapter we can take that one and call it a win, right?

They'll still be taking Paypal donations for a while after the Kickstarter ends.

FUCK YEAH, SEAKING!
Maybe then we can get even more!

I've told you this already before.

Wow, I've practically watched Virt's stream twice already. I've just had it on in the background all day. Listening to that man work is very inspiring, and there's no doubt that these soundtracks are going to be bonkers!

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
;w; oh the woes of being a non-funder right now.....
accursed cons and making me spend my money