• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shantae Series

seeing as with the paypal donations making up for post kickstarter funds,

Who would you like to see voice whom in Shantae?

Christina Vee as Shantae.
I think her bella voice would be good for rottytops though.... <:3c

Christina Vee could voice every single character in a game (including the males), and I would still buy that shit day one and pay top dollar.

No, one is fine. I don't want her catching the WLD.

Christina Vee could voice every single character in a game (including the males), and I would still buy that shit day one and pay top dollar.
Kimlinh should voice Skye though.

It was mostly a joke but seriously I do hope she voices at least one character in Shantae

I know.

If I had to choose on voice actors.

Cristina Vee = Shantae
Rachael Lillis = Risky Boots
Stephanie Komure = Rottytops
Johnny Yong Bosch= Bolo
Brina Palencia = Skye

Reactions: Jutsei
I know.

If I had to choose on voice actors.

Cristina Vee = Shantae
Rachael Lillis = Risky Boots
Stephanie Komure = Rottytops
Johnny Yong Bosch= Bolo
Brina Palencia = Skye

Mike Pollock = Mimic

Just so he can screw with everybody's heads by playing a good guy mad scientist.

bRkqBnp.png

At this time we’d like to thank everyone who’s helped fund this game by offering one more Backer Exclusive costume -- “Classic Risky” -- free of charge!

As with the Shantae Blue Costume and Hyper Light Drifter DLC, if you’ve backed at $12 or above (any of the tiers that include the game), you will receive one download code per copy of the game you’ve reserved. Have fun sporting these retro colors!

The red and black colors seen in this costume are based on Risky Boots as she originally appeared in 2002’s “Shantae” for Game Boy Color. The idea of using her classic colors came from a backer right here on our Kickstarter Comments page! This is just another example of how much fun we can have making this game as a community! Spread the word; we’re now up to THREE backer-exclusive items!!

24-HOUR COUNTDOWN on Twitch TV!
Tomorrow beginning at 10:00 AM PDT we'll host a slew of Twitch TV broadcasts featuring numerous games, guests, Q&A and other fun events. Subscribe today so you're ready to join in the chaos that is the SHANTAE: HALF-GENIE HERO FINAL COUNTDOWN! Our Kickstarter campaign ends Friday morning at 10:01 AM, meaning THURSDAY (tomorrow) will be our BIGGEST PUSH EVER! TUNE IN and watch the madness unfold!

I told ya waiting until the very, very last minute is what people are going to do with this project :P

I'm all for the old school Risky outfit.

Risky Boots and Rottytops are hot as hell

Shantae I could take or leave

Shantae is more moe than anything
I agree that 1/2 Genie Hero Shantae is moe, but Risky's Revenge Shantae is a total babe.

Loving the backer only stuff. Actually upped my pledge amount.

will we still get the backer stuff if we donate to the paypal?

will we still get the backer stuff if we donate to the paypal?

I wanna say yes.

So, for those of you who missed the stream. Here's Mermaid Shantae. Ain't she adorable?

Untitled.png

I think so.​

Reactions: Denizen
Shantae is just.... she's like K-on, Azumanga Daioh, and Lucky Star rolled into one.

and then frosted with every Moe in existence.

Reactions: Jake Was Here
Luckiest damn Starfish in the world...

Lol, she got dat toothy smile. Still too cute. See, I'm on the train that Shantae should have more Humanoid transformations, and less animal ones. I dunno, just me.

Whelp, I decided to back the project. Only enough to get the game, but I might increase it to get the soundtrack. I loves me some video game soundtracks!

Chat got hyped about seeing Shantae getting spanked in the unreleased GBA game lol

Chat got hyped about seeing Shantae getting spanked in the unreleased GBA game lol

Spanky Joe the Mummmy for Half-Genie Hero?

Edit: Pirate's Curse demo will be up next.

Last edited:
17 HOURS LEFT! Lets do a Transformation Update!

bw4eyso.png

Hello everyone! It’s been an entire day of Twitch TV broadcasts over at WayForwardTV… juicy details are being revealed as we speak! If you haven’t tuned in yet, please do! Special guests are arriving by the hour... Don't miss this!

But before you go, here's our second batch of Creature Transformations which will be VOTED ON BY YOU (for those at the CONTRIBUTOR tier and above). Remember that today may not be the last calendar day of our campaign, but -- it is the LAST FULL DAY before we wind things down at 10:00AM! Help us make this game everything it can be in these final hours!

Now, lets take a look at a few more creatures Shantae might be transforming into!

BnCUUG3.png

ChB2DYb.png

Matt has heard my prayers!

I'm voting for the Succubus form! Let's go!​

Waiting for the usual final-24-hours kick to happen, but it's pretty slow going... I think we'll just have to face facts: Mighty No. 9 basically killed any hopes of this game getting all the features they wanted to put in. There's probably a couple thousand people out there who want to contribute, or to add on to what they've already thrown in, but they can't because they already fell prey to the emotional appeal of HERP DERP FUCK YOU CRAPCOM and now they don't have one red cent to spare.

GREAT JOB!! Costume Swap Stretch Goal has been reached!

t5dGkgl.png

14 hours to go, and we just hit our Costume Swap Stretch Goal! We're seriously blown away by how quickly this funded! Now Half-Genie Hero will be better than ever, with three fully animated costumes to play with! Rebalanced stats and special moves accompany each: Patricia Wagon costume, Ninja costume, and Beach Day costume will be included in the game! We're truly amazed and can't thank you all enough! Let's celebrate!!

The next Stretch Goal is "Fire and Forget", a bonus chapter that involves a new "Rival" Guardian Genie. There's a half-day still to go for this half-genie! Let's make some magic!!

Also a reminder... we're still going strong over at WayForwardTV... tune in!!​

I'm happy right now.​

Last edited:
I REALLY want to play as Bolo (cause he don't get no respect), so lets see 900K. I donated my part!

I just dropped another $500 into the pot. My girlfriend will donate her remainder before the final hour.

Well I dropped off 90 into the pot. Hoping for the best!

I upped mine to $25. I decided I wanted that soundtrack!