• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shantae Series

I want a Succubus Shantae, nuff said.

I have artist friends as well. I've already sent an email to Matt to try and convince him on it. He did say he was open to suggestions.

Reactions: Jutsei
I have artist friends as well. I've already sent an email to Matt to try and convince him on it. He did say he was open to suggestions.
Hah!
Also good.
This is going to open so many doors.

Also I think this Monster Girl thing did it.
I got my Wii U and got my paycheck back I think it's time to get Shantae 1 and 2!

You creeps and your Monster Girls...

But in all seriousness I am super excited for this. The Spider and Harpy transformations look fundamentally different from the regular animal transformations, being that she keeps some human aspects of herself. I'm willing to bet they are going to be very special in some way. Maybe they are far more powerful, but come with drawbacks or side effects.

If I had to choose one, it would be the Harpy.

There should be more Monster Guys though, so we can just call them Monster People. Saying 'Monster Girls' makes me feel like a nancy. It's an imbalance in the force that must be corrected... Oh well, Rottytop's Brothers will have to do for now.

On a more important note I realized that 1/2 Genie Hero Shantae is missing two classic articles of clothing from earlier games.
238117-ShantaePiratesCurse-Header-t.jpg

She's missing an Arabian Vest (Which I know is mostly in Pirate's Curse but it's in her sprites in Risky's Revenge too) and more importantly, her detached sleeves that were with her from the first game. Why did they not include the detached sleeves? Or whatever you call them?

Yeah but usually you're supposed to add to a design, not take away from it. I personally think Shantae looks best with both a vest and her sleeves. I always thought Arabian Vests were cool, especially on her.
Hell, throw a Fez on her too, I'd get a kick out of that.

I'm really liking the way her new spider form looks. The monster girl look is much better than her regular spider look in the first game. And she has a bow, how cute! :3

I've already sent Matt another idea for Shantae to have a slime girl/goo girl transformation. I should hear from him on Monday about both.

I'll die of happiness if he approves either one.

You creeps and your Monster Girls...

Don't be hatin on my Bakemono On'nanoko.

I'm really liking the way her new spider form looks.

As am I. It's too cute.

Oh my fucking god.
I didn't know I wanted Shantae Slime Girls until now..

I should make a link and give you my slime girls gallery. It's 4 GB of pure heaven.

Stretch Goal revealed – Clockwork Night!

This is the last “Bonus Chapter” stretch goal! Bonus Chapters sandwich right into the middle of the adventure, extending the amount of game between the mysterious INTRO and the action packed CONCLUSION. The more bonus chapters we can fund, the more levels, transformations, and bosses there will be!

e4e5fddf054ea6dd90631c0ae0036eb0_large.png

This chapter occurs late in the game, and takes Shantae and friends into a “tech-level”. In classic gaming fashion, we have now moved from tropical and spooky themed areas, into and out of dungeons, and finally to world of technology that is completely unknown to these characters. A true “fish out of water” stage, Shantae and friends are completely unprepared for the fusion of magic and circuitry that Risky’s vile Tinkerbats have constructed. At the mercy of a mechanized world, Shantae gets some inspiration of her own -- and one final Dance Transformation is born

We don’t want to spoil the ending, but you can imagine this will be an epic final chapter for Shantae: Half-Genie Hero.
We’ve got six days left… let’s make this happen!

Get Shantae: Risky's Revenge for FREE

If you've got an iOS device (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, iPad Mini), you can get Risky's Revenge -- the FULL GAME for FREE for a very limited time. We have just updated both versions (unlock and "full") to be compatible with iOS 7. Get it now and you'll find a brand new playable character: DANCER SHANTAE! Spread the word!

9qy65DH.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Denizen
83a19f4ee9d61c07544413f5c8be3d9c.gif

Your reaction only makes my fetishes stronger.

God damn and I thought Shantae's outfit was revealing before.

I hope they consider it down the road to make it an extra outfit for Half-Genie Hero along with the other ones.

I had a few extra minutes, so why not?
View attachment 321
Hmmm, That's almost worthy of replacing Playboy Bunny Valentine as my wallpaper.

Yeah I realized that Risky's Revenge Shantae is my favorite design of her.
shantae_risky__s_revenge_ending_by_darkiller711-d4wvss1.png

Last edited:
Ehhh... I don't like to use the word cute, I say that when referring to kids or animals.

I doesn't feel right to use it with Shantae.

To me cute means the same as adorable and huggable. 1/2 Genie Hero Shantae is cute because the artstyle makes her and the rest of the characters look really cartoony. At least that's how I see it.

Well whatever, all I know for sure is that Risky's Revenge Shantae is a smoking 10/10 AND She's got great morals.
She's a really under-appreciated character.

Risky Mode funded, Final Stretch Goal revealed!

Happy Sunday folks!
Thanks to all of your pledges, we’re happy to announce that Shantae: Half-Genie Hero will now have 2 full campaigns to play; the main storyline featuring the heroic adventures of Shantae, and the alternate storyline featuring the villainous antics of Risky Boots! A very heart-felt thank you to everyone!!

Yxlq607.png

We have only 4 days remaining, and while this recently met Stretch Goal will double the fun, there is still time to expand the overall scope of the game! Our next Stretch Goal is a Bonus Chapter, which will nest right in the middle of the game. In it, Shantae travels to Cape Crustacean to participate in the Magic Carpet Races! She’ll also get one more transformation, and an epic boss battle! Take a look:

VVxPQQt.png

At this time we’d like to also reveal our FINAL Stretch Goal! As many have guessed, reaching this goal means we’ll be adding fully animated cutscenes to the game. The intro, ending, and key plot points will be displayed in full screen television quality animation with voice over and music! These sequences will be animated by one of our outsourcing studios, just like we did for the “Boy and His Blob” intro, Batman the Brave and the Bold, and our previous Spongebob titles. We are also welcoming suggestions for studios you may be fans of!

KgzVYfH.png

Since this is the last Stretch Goal and our campaign is nearing the end, we’d like to remind everyone that PayPal is now open! Any additional funding for the project received after October 4th will be applied to these Stretch Goals.

Just got done with Risky's Revenge. Beat it in 5 hours. Are all Shantae games that short?

I like these games. I play them. I want Risky's Revenge because I have no iDevice that works or 3DS.

I hope the greenlight version of it comes incredibly soon.

These games rock.

Virt is cool.

Matt Bozon

video game.

I haven't played Risky's Revenge, but 5 Hours doesn't sound that bad for a classic style game. You can beat most NES games in a few hours if you know all of the traps and stuff. It's usually the difficulty that keeps you playing longer.

Personally, I'm glad to hear when a game doesn't take a week to beat. If, ignoring the difficulty, HGH ends up needing about 10-16 hours to beat, then that sounds fine to me.

I've been playing Classic Shantae on my computer and I thought I'd give an update.

It's fun I guess, for a game that isn't really my style it's very good. Although I don't think I would be enjoying it as much without all the perks that come with playing on an emulator. It's a slow moving game that rewards caution and punishes boldness. That really messes me up because I'm not used to holding back in a game. I enjoy being cautious in Stealth games, but Shantae isn't Stealth so it throws me off since I feel like I should be faster, more mobile, and stronger when I'm not. However, for a game like this that I'm not used to, it's really fun.

I never liked games with Bottomless Pits, luckily there aren't that many them. It's combat focused and platforming is just a secondary obstacle rather than a primary one, which I like. I only wish getting from Point A to Point B didn't take so long. I hope they introduce some method of fast travel later on.
90% of the fun I got from the first dungeon was in fighting the strong enemies there, like that Water Elemental and the Blue Crab Warriors. I feel like there should be more of that, faster paced gameplay with more emphasis on fusing combat and movement. But I'm not complaining, I know it's an old game.

Despite all of my feelings on the game, I feel that none of it would matter without the aesthetic. Everything in the game looks BEAUTIFUL. That's what really makes the game for me.
The pretty protagonist, the badass enemies, the detailed environments. I never get tired of looking at everything!

For now I give Shantae an 8/10. I have a feeling that number will go up as I keep playing.

Last edited: