• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

fun fact, I'm not the only one who has problems with Yukari.

Misturu was way better and Fuuka is great too.

Well, I didn't say you. I said "people". c:

Mitsuru's the best. *swoons* Won't say anymore, cause I'll sound way too geeky.

YAY FOR 100 PAGES OF HYPE.

I generally like everyone in P3, Junpei, Fuuka, and Akihiko being my favorites.

Oh, and the dog. Koromaru is the best.

Oh, and anyone who disses on Junpei is no friend of mine.
-social link reversed-

I mainly just don't like how he harps on not being able to be the leader. it just gets tiresome.

I think Junpei is kinda useless and unnecessary
both in story and in battle

also Mitsuru's S. Link ruins her character for me a bit

*meanwhile in Inaba*
image.jpg

image.jpg

I at least like how Junpei seems to have gotten a more "clueless athlete" character in Ultimax. though I would laugh my ass off if theres one scene where Junpei is talking to Yu and he goes, "Y'KNOW, I don't think you should the the leader of your team. Now that Yosuke guy, he seems like a good leader. I like the cut of his jib!"

Juntei is a comic relief n'all, but he's one of the more humane characters in p3. His problems with his father are way better than yukari's too

I way prefer Brosuke though. yeah he's a dummy sometimes, but he has his moments where he shines.

also, I really relate to Inaba since its not too different where I live where the most notable thing we have is a Wal-Mart supercenter.

;A; I know how living in the boonies feels! P4 gets me!

I way prefer Brosuke though. yeah he's a dummy sometimes, but he has his moments where he shines.

also, I really relate to Inaba since its not too different where I live where the most notable thing we have is a Wal-Mart supercenter.

;A; I know how living in the boonies feels! P4 gets me!

I know that feel
I live in Steger, Illinois
We got nothing to whoop about but a damn K-Mart

Reactions: SanoBaron
plus
Yosuke is voiced by Yuri Lowenthal (who is quite handsome) and Junpei is voiced by Vic Mignogna (significantly less handsome than Yuri Lowenthal)

I know that feel
I live in Steger, Illinois
We got nothing to whoop about but a damn K-Mart
;A; them city boys don't know the pain of living in the sticks like we do!

-thou art I, and I am thou
Thou hast established a new bond...
It brings thee closer to the truth

... thou shall be blessed when creating personas of the Hermit
llllllllllllllarcana-

I felt Junpei's inferiority complex was much better handled than Yosuke's was. Sure, he's a jerk at the start of the game, but around summertime you really start to understand where he's coming from being jealous of MC, unlike whatever tacked on BS Yosuke had at the end of his social link. And he grows out of it, turning him into an even better bro.

Beat gets it

if I were a teenage girl I'd have pictures of Yuri Lowenthal all over my room

I'd still probably have Yuri Lowenthal pictures all over my room

unlike whatever tacked on BS Yosuke had at the end of his social link.
okay, Yosuke's got a LOT of stuff about him going on, there's his feelings for Saki, his jealousy towards Yu, the fact that he was afraid people in the shopping district would hate him. all of these end up fleshing Yosuke as a guy who is growing up and facing all kinds of problems. he wants to be a hero, he hates living in a rural town like Inaba but he's gotten used to it and actually enjoys Inaba. eventually you get in a brawl with him, which only furthers strengthen the bond of him and Yu.

Yosuke isn't meant to be like Junpei. Yosuke is meant to be your bro.

edit:

plus, his ultimate Persona in Golden
P4G-TakehayaSusanoo.jpg

HAS AN AFRO OF FIRE! ULTIMATE DISCO LEVEL ACHIEVED!

Reactions: SkullMan and Kongk4
Junpei is a better character.

Yosuke is a better bro.
and at the end of the day, both are pretty good.

but seriously, Yosuke wins out with disco ninja frog persona. Hermes/Trismegistus is okay and all but they just aint funky enough.

Junpei is a better character.

Yosuke is a better bro.
I will mostly agree with this, except ironically I agreed more with Kanji on a bunch of stuff that happened in Persona 4 rather than Yosuke.

Oh, and there was that scene after Naoto's rescue where he and Yukiko (though admittedly Yukiko started it) said that detectives aren't allowed to be scared and the only reason she was scared was because she was a girl, rather than the very apparent possibility that she hasn't ever faced a serial killer head on in any of her cases and she was scared because she might die, kinda like anyone would be, male or female.

And the camping scene. Yosuke wasn't a cool guy there at all and I'm apparently supposed to play along with him bringing bathing suits for girls when they don't want to wear them.

...I guess I just didn't like a bunch of the scenes Yosuke was in.

i think Junpei has one of the lamest persona designs in the series, tbh

Trismesegadreamcast just doesn't have anything fun about it
same with Yukari's
i can barely remember hers half the times

And the camping scene. Yosuke wasn't a cool guy there at all and I'm apparently supposed to play along with him bringing bathing suits for girls when they don't want to wear them.
okay, there was a lot of stuff proceeding this scene though like:
  • having to eat mystery food x which could have been avoided BY TASTING THEIR FOOD IN THE FIRST PLACE
  • going to bed hungry
  • and having to cover for them and sleep in a really cramped tent
now, I'm not saying that entitled them to act like slaves, but, after all that they put them through, putting on some swimsuits doesn't seem like too much to ask for.

I mean, they jip the guys out of being able to relax at the Amagi Inn's bath house and don't get any repercussions later on in the game. and the girls even acknowledge it amongst themselves!

it's almost like the super anime slice of life stuff in persona 4 was poorly done or something

I'd say just those two small instances.

like, the cross dressing contest was funny. you have to admit that you love Marilyn Monsumi, Yosukehime-chan, and Sukeban Yu.

...I guess I just didn't like a bunch of the scenes Yosuke was in.
Yosuke felt like that one annoying guy you put up with because he sometimes has his moments.

Yosuke felt like that one annoying guy you put up with because he sometimes has his moments.

That disturbingly sounds like me.

I'll be honest. Yukari was one of my favorite party members and characters in p3. Then everyone told me to play The Answer. All the way up till the Final Boss, she became pure spite and pissyness, raining on everyone's day.

Hopefully ultimax redeems her...

Hopefully ultimax redeems her...
well, considering she's in a Sentai outfit maybe she will.

also, I think many people consider the Answer non-canon. especially with Arena's story.

What did they even play the game? There are many instances in Arena that references Answer being canon such as Aigis being a wild card user. Trying to deny that is even worse then the people trying to deny P4 Golden being canon.

I never said I don't think it's canon. tbh, I never played it mostly because everyone I know who has, says it's bad.