• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

okay, there was a lot of stuff proceeding this scene though like:
  • having to eat mystery food x which could have been avoided BY TASTING THEIR FOOD IN THE FIRST PLACE
  • going to bed hungry
  • and having to cover for them and sleep in a really cramped tent
now, I'm not saying that entitled them to act like slaves, but, after all that they put them through, putting on some swimsuits doesn't seem like too much to ask for.

I mean, they jip the guys out of being able to relax at the Amagi Inn's bath house and don't get any repercussions later on in the game. and the girls even acknowledge it amongst themselves!
Yeah, that last part is a major gripe I have about P4's writing, even before it got into the extremely stereotypical anime stuff in Golden and Arena.

But I still think asking girls to wear swimsuits is a wee bit inappropriate, wouldn't you say? I'd rather karma come from something a little less pervy. But most importantly the game doesn't let me object to it and instead forces me to call at least one of the girls hot instead of at least giving me the usual option of silence (this was fixed in golden but yeah). It's forcing me to agree with Yosuke in something that I very much don't.

Reactions: Cawtime
well, considering EVERYONE, but Kanji, was in swimsuits, I don't really see it as a problem that much. it's not like they asked them to skinny dip or anything, and if anything, it seems to me Yosuke was being considerate, since he also had asked one of his co-workers to pick them out. the swimsuits themselves arent even all that sexy tbh. they're just basic suits for swimming in if you ask me. o3o. he just guilted them into joining the festivities from what I can tell. then he got a bit big for his britches afterwards.

plus, karma came on them after they got thrown in the water, soooooooo yeah.

speaking of this scene!
151794_seymour_colorin-hiimdaisy-pt-3-yosuke.png

What? The Answer was bad??? In what way shape or form????

People say the Answer is bad because it's too much of a dungeon crawler sequence which Persona 3 Journey in contrast was never fully about that since it had a more social element involved. Not to mention the mixed reception toward the party members for post death Makoto. Example is people either praising the realistic character development Yukari got or booing at her for acting like a bitch for the majority of the section.

Oh damn I was gonna post that
Well take this then

image.jpg

Reactions: Nap1400
I do like Ulala in P2,
tumblr_mx0dbhUjZG1qhvms4o2_400.png

although I havent gotten very far, I just unlocked the velvet room and haven't played any more since then.

I was actually thinking about starting a play through of The Answer to get through the slog that his September, but now I'm a little scared.

I was actually thinking about starting a play through of The Answer to get through the slog that his September, but now I'm a little scared.

The sooner you get started the better
I'm on the last set of doors right now but my playtime is about 40 hrs
You can git her done but you have to be resilient
Also make sure Metis is in your party ALWAYS
She doesn't afraid of anything (she isn't weak to anything not even light or darkness) and carries wind and ice element (so set her to "Knock Down" in Tactics and watch the magic)
Also have a healer (duh) then anybody else ya want

Reactions: BeatNinja
so... I just realized EP is actually after IS, both copies which I own....

I'll have to get to you later Ulala....

IS is a very goofy game.

Just warning you.

I am a fan of a JRPG series which has a giant penis monster riding a chariot, a talking bear suit that sometimes has a bishy inside it that can summon TV and make glasses out of thin air, and a dog which uses a shock collar to manifest it's inner self to help fight monsters.

bring on the goofy. my body is ready.

To prepare myself for the fact Dojima's not playable?
Already sad over that
no.... Dojima's storyline is probably one of the greatest things you will see in P4. it's a magical thing, that makes you truly appreciate what you have. Dojima's storyline is the ultimate story of a man who is out of touch with everything, and you are gonna be the one who helps him realize what he has and the problems he has to face.

Hierophant social links are the best and Dojima's is the one that will bring you to tears. the anime even captures it splendidly.

I'm also just at the point where I'm done worrying about how hard the bosses are.
I'm gonna grind at least two days for each boss, and fuse away.
With my total party revive items (i'll try not to squander them), I should be fine.

I'm also just at the point where I'm done worrying about how hard the bosses are.
I'm gonna grind at least two days for each boss, and fuse away.
With my total party revive items (i'll try not to squander them), I should be fine.
eh, you'll be fine. just make sure you cover for Chie's weaknesses on shadow Yukiko and you'll do fine.
no you won't.

Guard whenever he uses Power Charge. Let Yosuke use Dekaja any chance he gets. Kill Nice Guy first, use Chie's Rampage to take him out along with Shadow Kanji himself. Use Yukiko to keep everyone's health high to survive the possibility of Fanatical Spark. Have a Persona that resists Phys. Use buffs and debuffs.

Other than that good luck

More of what Igor and Naoto sound in English for P4AU. I guess Marg is also recast?

I'm gonna miss deep Naoto
This one is cool though I like it

but why was Igor recast

Dan Woren is still alive

So is Troy Baker. And Travis Willingham. And Naoto's mystery VA.

Voice acting in video games is a rough business.

I like Naoto's new VA, but I am rather disappointed with Igor's new voice.

I adore Igor's original voice, but this new one just doesn't have that borderline-condescending-but-actually-just-massively-curious tone that the original Igor ALWAYS had.

why would you cast Vic McStroganoff as Igor

I would take like 10 other things over that

Ken gameplay
Jesus the new main theme playing during a fight
It sounds so good

damn that wake up you spin me round looks pretty good

Probably only because people keep running into it. Once it's baited, I don't think it'll do much, unless if it nullifies projectiles during active frames.

it still looks pretty good
kinda wish it had a better final hit, though

No surprises here. He does have a very simple design, which I don't mind.