• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

Yeah, one of the most annoying parts about Persona 4's gameplay is how SP is so scarce. You can only realistically use the fox around Shadow Mitsuo and that's if you do the Social Link. It's better to conserve SP for the boss and just use healing items.

I think SP is sparse in P3 too, but that's usually mitigated by the fact that you fully heal when you exit the dungeon even if it means losing your teammates due to tiredness.

^Not against bosses unless you're playing Golden! Almighty sucks in this game since the SP cost is so high and bosses, are as a rule, always immune to instakill spells. She only gets better since in Golden she also gets the elemental -dyne spells along with Heat Riser, which coupled with her already-obtained Mind Charge makes her a legitimate threat.

there are also some moves that you party members should have, like yosuke's tentarafoo+sukukaja and kanji's kill rush

I am not gonna get the DS version. I want the 3ds version. And I know I'll wait to get it. :,( and I'm in for a long wait.

Yukiko is better than Ted at raw damage and healing
but Ted is more versatile

personally I mostly used Yukiko since she's the only natural Agi user in the party

Yeah I was gonna ask who I should have in my party.
A buddy said Yukiko is useless after Teddie, can anyone clarify that?
False! Teddie may get the better healing spells at earlier levels and the buff skills, but Yukiko gets Salvation and Teddie doesn't, a must-have move especially at the end game. And she does more damage. You're even encouraged to use both of them in the Shadow Mitsuo fight since at that point one cures fear and the other cures exhaustion.

^Not against bosses unless you're playing Golden! Almighty sucks in this game since the SP cost is so high and bosses, are as a rule, always immune to instakill spells. She only gets better since in Golden she also gets the elemental -dyne spells along with Heat Riser, which coupled with her already-obtained Mind Charge makes her a legitimate threat.

bu-bu-but- she helped me kill ameno-sagiri in vanilla p4 D:

I heat rise-d + mind charged and her megidolan wiped him out, using tempest slash when she was out of sp

Idk if you guys are just super paranoid, play on an insane difficulty, or I was just overleveled (25) but after picking up P4 again after putting it down for a while, I beat Shadow Kanji on my first try. Sure it was a long fight, and I ended up healing the two guys experimenting with spells finding weaknesses, but it was nowhere near as hard as Shadow Yukiko was. That bitch was tough. (Especially since I have to use MC as the primary healer and Chie has to defend 1/2 the match)

Hmm...
tumblr_nb951oyLoO1snazjco1_1280.png

I wonder if it's a horrible night to have a curse

I wonder if it's a horrible night to have a curse

*slams desk*

Actually guys, I don't think it's related to Vincent at all.
Catherine was set in the near future, at the point when Space Touring was a thing.
We have no idea what setting this is, but I don't think it's far after Catherine...

Trust me I got all the endings in Catherine.

Reactions: Fat-Ass ♪
No, he's channeling a SMT demon.

He's a wild card, remember. He's got sexy succubi and demonic blobs and beasts with broken English all living inside his brain.

let's be real

Persona 4 is only an M by a reeeeaaaaal stretch in the first place

M-Metis, no, stop using Marin Karin.

FOR GOD'S SAKE YOU FUCKING TOASTER.

YOU AREN'T MITSURU.

you could say that the tendency to use Marin Karin isn't very charming

Sexy Dance is waaaaay better

Is it bad that despite playing P4A extensively, I'm still probably just gonna main Akihiko and sub Aigis like I did before when P4AU comes out?

Naoto, Naoto, Naoto, Naoto, Naoto, Naoto, Naoto
Aegis....

Though, Yukari, Margaret and Rise look a lot of fun to play as. Was shocked to hear Marie would be playable. I thought they'd let her character simmer first in the Persona 4 universe before thrusting her out into a game. Not many people like her or so I hear/noticed.

edit: Maybe Igor is next? We'll see Shinji or Fuuka as playable chars before we see Makoto.

:T

edit: Maybe Igor is next? We'll see Shinji or Fuuka as playable chars before we see Makoto.

:T
well, considering Rise and Fuuka have the exact same roles for their party members, I think Fuuka could be likely.

Shotime is in 600 hours
Hrrrrrugh

image.jpg

image.jpg

Reactions: BeatNinja
Spoilers new Nanako will be YL