• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

Knowing how symboooooliiiiiic Persona has a tendency to be, there's probably something in there.

Dominance, maybe?

I swear though, every Persona game I'm getting from here on will be Physical Copy.

So yeah, P4A U tomorrow.

Dunno when I'll be able to play it though

Last edited:
Knowing how symboooooliiiiiic Persona has a tendency to be, there's probably something in there.

Dominance, maybe?
Well, he's the Shinto moon god, and the moon seems to be a very recurring theme with Sho.

Still expecting something Nyx-related out of him, though.

Dominance, maybe?

nah, this aspect of personas was almost lost after p2. now all in the personas are obvious refrences to stuff. he has high heels to look taller

Also, tsukoyomi plays a small role in the WAAAAAY old digital devil story book (the father of EVERYTHING related with SMT). He saves Izanagi from the wrath of Seth, after it consume Izanami for power.

In the legends, he's the son of izanagi if i'm correct.

Now you have info to spaculate more about sho's story

nah, this aspect of personas was almost lost after p2. now all in the personas are obvious refrences to stuff. he has high heels to look taller

Also, tsukoyomi plays a small role in the WAAAAAY old digital devil story book (the father of EVERYTHING related with SMT). He saves Izanagi from the wrath of Seth, after it consume Izanami for power.

In the legends, he's the son of izanagi if i'm correct.

Now you have info to spaculate more about sho's story
I don't think it died in p2. (It did in 4, though.)

I think all of the persona 3 personas have symbolic references?

Or are you forgetting the most obvious one? MESSIAH

If his persona is a reference, that's just one more argument to him having p3 relevance.

Guys, Sano is right. Sho is fabulous and is gonna be top tier in P4AU and P4: DAN.

*snaps fingers from left to right repeatedly*

Yukari, Junpei, and Sho's palettes, supers and instant kills:

Palette 9 is a Persona Palette
Palette 10 is their Blazblue Palettes (Yukari = Noel, Junpei = Kagura, Sho = Hakumen)
Palette 11 is Guilty Gear (Yukari = A.B.A, Junpei = Kliff, Sho = Johnny

New instant kill music is Time to Make History:

the Game Chariot has two game play videos out now and probably have more if any wants to see some gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpNIh58w55YtdetpL9Mjxhw?feature=watch

Guys, Sano is right. Sho is fabulous and is gonna be top tier in P4AU and P4: DAN.

he gets all the ladies but that doesnt mean he can't look bad doing it!~

I dunno man, maybe I'll still wanna use Brosuke...

Tiers mean little to nothing in this game dude. it all depends on playstyle.
I never listen to Tiers anyway!
Tiers take fun out of a game.
Yes I am the worst fighting game player ever

I never listen to Tiers anyway!
Tiers take fun out of a game.
Yes I am the worst fighting game player ever
the game is super easy to pick up and play too.

New Insta Kill Music to Time To Make History? I thought Fog/Mist was perfect for that already. Oh well.
I guess when you kill your enemies, they become "history". Eh? EH!?

I'll let myself out.

New Insta Kill Music to Time To Make History? I thought Fog/Mist was perfect for that already. Oh well.
I guess when you kill your enemies, they become "history". Eh? EH!?

I'll let myself out.
Patrick-BOO-spongebob-squarepants-30672952-384-288.gif

If I'm not mistaken, did I hear Backside Of The TV playing? I've wanted that as a battle theme for the longest, so HYPE.

Ah, I guess that makes sense.
Those fuckers never got their own dungeons.
But what about Shadow Yu's theme?

I decided to sneak a peak at all the individual DLC.
Yeah fuck it Digital Release.

Though I should probably get to Persona 4 and get the backbone to fight Shadow Yukiko.
I pussied out because I kept hearing all these horror stories of how hard the bosses in Persona were and got frightened.

Though I should probably get to Persona 4 and get the backbone to fight Shadow Yukiko.
I pussied out because I kept hearing all these horror stories of how hard the bosses in Persona were and got frightened.
Persona 4 is only really hard in the first 2 dungeons.
I remember getting repeatedly one-shot by Avenger Knight (the sub boss in Yukiko's Castle). And yes, Shadow Yukiko can be a handful, mostly because she'll ride Chie's ass all day long. That said, it's all about making suitable Personas for the battle, chiefly one that has ice spells, fire protection (for Chie) and is itself NOT weak to fire. And for leveling you don't really have to grind, just cleaning all floors will usually suffice.
IMHO, after Shadow Kanji, the game turns the kill switch OFF. Mostly because you'll find yourself with not only more but also better options for battle. That said, lack of preparation WILL get you steamrolled in the next dungeons. It's just that the first 2 are still hard regardless of how well prepared you are.

Side note, Tsuruhime Yukari has some very nice palettes. I'm still bitter they got confirmed and nothing on Adachi.

Really? It does get easier? That helps a lot.
I'm also playing on Easy since the 2011 year old me that started the file was a fucking wimp.

Though I swear when I get Persona 4 Gold Experience I'll play that shit on normal the whole way through.

Found some potentially game-changing translated story info and an interesting exchange between Labrys and PerShoNa. Putting both in spoilers because obvious reasons.

Persona General posted some bullet points made on 2ch about arcade mode concerning Sho, Persona Sho, and Adachi. Anons translated and this is what they say.

Minazuki's bullet points:

• His puns are reminiscent of Ikutsuki
  • A Plume of Dusk can be sensed from him
  • When defeated by Teddie, he mentions "drawing out (Teddie's) hometown"
  • When defeated by Sanada, he says "If it's your friends, they're coming, thanks to you guys!!"
  • Often mentions "him"
  • He appears to be jealous of those who possess Personas
  • The last boss for Yu, Naoto, Teddie, Aigis, Junpei and Sanada.

Persona Sho's bullet points:

• Persona is Tsukiyomi
  • A Plume of Dusk can be sensed from him
  • Says to Labrys "You and I are the same, that's why I chose you".
  • His objective is to "remake the world"?
  • "What that child desires isn't revenge."
  • The last boss of Hanamura, Mitsuru and Labrys.

Adachi's bullet points:

• He appears in Yu's, Sanada's and Yukari's scenarios.
  • Minazuki and Adachi have nothing to do with one another (They're aware of each other but they're not in cahoots)
  • When asked if he's a fake, he replies that he's the real deal.
  • "If you spend too much fighting, you might not be able to return things to normal"; he appears to understand the truth of the situation.
  • He appears to have business at the top of the tower.
  • Sanada and Yukari have no idea who he is.

Here's what happens after Labrys beats PerShoNa:

Labrys: "I won… I won! But, that reading… Is that a Plume of Dusk? No way… You’re definitely human… What the…?"

Sho: "Heh Heh Heh… That is correct. I am just like you. That is why I chose you. But it seems you were nothing but a hindrance in the end. Of course, it does not matter… It is already too late."

Sho: "There is nothing you can do anymore, it can’t be undone… The world will now change!!"

Teddie Thickens too

And Naoto's chest, as well.

"Changing the world" makes me think Adachi, but they are not working together.

I want to know what Adachi has going on at the top of Tartarus.

Semi-related, but I should be able to forget every spoiler I know about Persona 4 so I can enjoy that shit.

Though from what I heard the fact that Shadow Yu is scared of being alone sounds awesome.
Hits people with Monophobia like me really hard, seems like

Yeah it's really the only problem I could see him having, aside from his Nanako fever (which I didn't see as too bad of a problem, he just cares about his little cousin). He cares a little too much at times, but come on, doesn't everyone?

Yeah, basically. And all things considered, like I said, it hits some people really hard.
Pity it's not in the games until P4A.
But hey, I can deal with that.

I'll just play Persona 4, then watch the anime later.
Because I have heard some things about the anime, but I'm just not gonna skip it.
I wanna see some of the fucked up Persona stuff in motion

Really? It does get easier? That helps a lot.
I'm also playing on Easy since the 2011 year old me that started the file was a fucking wimp.

Though I swear when I get Persona 4 Gold Experience I'll play that shit on normal the whole way through.
Easy is perfectly fine on a first playthrough. but try to at least save your 10 retries.

Yeah, basically. And all things considered, like I said, it hits some people really hard.
Pity it's not in the games until P4A.
But hey, I can deal with that.

I'll just play Persona 4, then watch the anime later.
Because I have heard some things about the anime, but I'm just not gonna skip it.
I wanna see some of the fucked up Persona stuff in motion

Telling you ahead of time: get multiple pairs of pants when you watch the episodes with the school camping trip and Shadow Kanji. You will piss yourself laughing, especially if you've played through those parts in the game already. I brought the whole first season on ITunes and put it on my phone. Sure, it takes up craptons of space, but a lot of the scenes just never stop being funny.

Easy is perfectly fine on a first playthrough. but try to at least save your 10 retries.
Good to know.
Yeah I haven't used a single one.
I'll probably save those for the really challenging bosses.
I mean I'm not a wimp, if I die on Yukiko or Kanji i'll just load that shit back up.
Or turn off the PS2 before I die.

And I'll keep that in mind. All the episodes are still on Hulu, aren't they?

Back