• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

Well, everyone has at least 2 GTFO moves, but the Shirogane near-split kick is probably used more often in crazy combos.

It's kind of like Jakyou Hotenjin.

Not really. For one thing, it's a prerequisite move. Two, it has actual startup. 3, it causes multiple wallbounces instead of sending foes high into the air. 4, it's probably not invincible. Should I go on?

Is that a "Get the fuck away from me" move?
Sure sounds like it

Also guys it's not $22 for P4A Ultimate.
It's $23... >~>
well, take note that that you also want to get the DLC too.

Okay!

• Naoto doesn't hop during the kick, so she's completely vulnerable to lows during recovery (Hazama has some airtime after the kick, so this doesn't quite apply).
  • Naoto's kick can hit from slightly behind her and from above her head. Ever see a Hazama do that?
  • Naoto's even more vulnerable on block than Hazama is, but by numbers alone, does a bit more damage.
  • Apparently Naoto's kick is invincible... for all of 4 frames. And her startup is normally 12 (it can be drastically shortened to 4 by doing it during Raid's superflash). Hazama is completely invulnerable during the superflash and for 4 frames afterward.
Sano, all of the DLC is in P4A Ultimate Edition.

The price on Amazon is $22, and the normal price from Amazon is $30.
So frankly I'd be an idiot to not get Ultimate I guess
hooray! soon there will be more naotazama

Hrm. The latest stream showed that there are still the occasional normal vs. normal matches (like a fight between Yu and Kanji), but it seems that most fights in arcade mode will be normal vs. shadow.

Hrm. The latest stream showed that there are still the occasional normal vs. normal matches (like a fight between Yu and Kanji), but it seems that most fights in arcade mode will be normal vs. shadow.
Arcade mode though, you said?
Story mode will probably have a lot of variety.
And probably could be longer than P4A's story mode due to a lot of opponents, ya??

Arcade mode though, you said?
Story mode will probably have a lot of variety.
And probably could be longer than P4A's story mode due to a lot of opponents, ya??
you assume something could be LONGER than P4A's storymode? Oh, oh the naievity you have Jutsei! it warms my heart!

Sho's Persona and another screen shot of Adachi:

j1id.jpg

It's called Tsukuyomi

There's also a video out of P4A2's final boss. I'm not sure if it's the final boss of story more or arcade mode though (given the vague ending, my hopes would be it's arcade mode)

Reactions: Jutsei
Story mode isn't in the arcade version, but there is Score Attack.

If I may ask, who's the final boss this time?

why persona 5 only on ps3 i dont have one i may have to pirate it unless its going to be on the vita which i plan to get later this year

Story mode isn't in the arcade version, but there is Score Attack.

If I may ask, who's the final boss this time?

Best not click the spoiler for anyone else who doesn't want to know

Personaless Sho

Well then. That's... anticlimactic.

@5th of dismember: They don't have the resources to go next-gen, they know their fans want HD, not portable, and 360 is forever dead in Japan.

I know, but even then, we still ended up fighting Shadow Labrys and appeared to resolve the main plot. This... doesn't seem like that. At all.

Also, The last Persona game was on the PS2 in 2008. 2 years into the PS3's lifespan.

Whenever a new console comes out Atlus is like "FUCK IT! we do what we want!"

ALSO:

I hope the main Persona series does remain as a Sony exclusive. Having probably one of the most well received RPG series under its belt is something that I think would help Sony immensely. Especially since MS has Rare and will never let it go.

Last edited:
Oh wait. Final boss varies per character like in CP. Saw something on TV Tropes forum about Chie fighting...

Per-Sho-na.

Awe do what we want!"

ALSO:

I hope the main Persona series does remain as a Sony exclusive. Having probably one of the most well received RPG series under its belt is something that I think would help Sony immensely. Especially since MS has Rare and will never let it go.
Pretty much.
This also means if they ever make another Playstation All-Stars (Hopefully a better one), Yu could be in it.

Oh wait. Final boss varies per character like in CP. Saw something on TV Tropes forum about Chie fighting...

Per-Sho-na.

I've never seen a more fitting name for a Persona final boss.

Pretty much.
This also means if they ever make another Playstation All-Stars (Hopefully a better one), Yu could be in it.

*squeals like a schoolgirl*

oh I hope it doesnt get political. please Atlus! friends don't talk about religion and politics! ARENT WE FRIENDS?!

That's the pure SMT territory, relax

*squeals like a schoolgirl*
The best part is Sony said they would like to revisit PSASBR at some time, just maybe with a different mechanic.

Anyway, almost going off topic, but yes
Pershona is a great pun and that's what I'm gonna be calling the Persona version of him

I just wonder if Labrys will be just as moe as she was in Arena 1. I needs me mah Moebutt.

Last edited:
Interesting Ultimax video showed up today. Don't watch if you don't like potential spoilers (though there don't seem to be any).

Anybody else thought Nyarlethotep would be the figure at the end of the the first Arena game? I'm still getting my hopes up about it.

On the Persona 5 and Arena 2 for PS3 only subject, for one not very many people in Japan play on the 360. Many developers opt out of making a 360 version until they localized it for other countries. Also, Persona 3 & Persona 4 (also the remakes of 1 and 2) have been exclusive for Sony consoles. To me, it'd just feel kinda wrong to see Persona 5 on an Xbox.

wii u fans crying in the corner

wii u fans crying in the corner

They'll be fine.

image.jpg

Because Bayo's hair counts as a Persona

Reactions: Jutsei
I don't know if it has been pointed out yet but Sho's Pershona has been ID'ed as Tsukuyomi, the Shinto moon god.

Tsukuyomi_Persona_4_Ultimax.jpg