• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

Good to know.
Yeah I haven't used a single one.
I'll probably save those for the really challenging bosses.
I mean I'm not a wimp, if I die on Yukiko or Kanji i'll just load that shit back up.
Or turn off the PS2 before I die.
dude, no. there is no shame to dying against shadow yukiko. she's one of the main reasons I recommend playing on easy the first time through. trust me, even Atlus is well aware of her ball busting difficulty. even the ANIME is aware of shadow Yukiko's abuse of Chie.

It's mostly about Shadow Kanji and Shadow Yukiko I think.
Less so on every other boss.
But TVTropes has like 5 of the ten bosses on their "That One Boss" page for Atlus

Shadow Kanji is difficult too. the game becomes much easier. I kinda had to stop playing my current file because I knew I wouldnt have enough in game days to get to the [character's name here]'s dungeon and get Rise's social link to 10. because I love Rise and she is the Canon love interest and if you dont think that you are the biggest Woolie!

I'd put

kunino-sagiri

above Shadow Yukiko and Shadow Kanji.

Again, I'll take your words to heart. I can definitely see the game getting easier after those two.
Difficulty is sometimes discouraging so I just need to man up and take them both down.
Especially since there's four Persona games next year and I gotta step it up.

ok so is Sho another robot? and there are 2 Sho's, so is that 5 newcommers then?

I'd put

kunino-sagiri

yeah, but most people have prep time because they've already come to expect difficult bosses by then. Shadow Yukiko is a beginners nightmare because you arent prepared for it. its SUPER early in the game.

yeah, but most people have prep time because they've already come to expect difficult bosses by then. Shadow Yukiko is a beginners nightmare because you arent prepared for it. its SUPER early in the game.
The funny thing is that due to all the stories I've heard of her I should be more than prepared for her.
...What's the level recommendation?

The funny thing is that due to all the stories I've heard of her I should be more than prepared for her.
get a pyro jack with a fire weakness blocky thingy for chie.

ok so is Sho another robot? and there are 2 Sho's, so is that 5 newcommers then?
4 newbies, we don't know if Adachi is fightable yet.

4 newbies, we don't know if Adachi is fightable yet.
I hope he is. everyone seemed to want him and I hope he becomes a console character, soon to be added to arcades.

I'd put

kunino-sagiri

Depends if he's in the mood to start the fight with two Agneyastras or not. Also, the party does have the handicap of not being able to heal as it's two boss fights in a row, even if the first is fairly simple.
I think losing that fight really stings mostly because of how much the player has to do before getting a second try. That's the worst part. I love the story but sometimes I'd kill for a SKIP option.

I'm an idiot. Thought you were talking about the other with a very similar name...were you? I think that one IS pretty tough when he feels like spamming certain skills.

I think 11-12 is enough. Her own level is 15 but that might be too much for the player.
IIRC, you can "naturally" level up to 12. After that, it starts to be grinding.

My tactic is usually to clear as much of the dungeon as possible on day 1 (ideally leave only the boss floor unconquered) and then socialize/run errands/etc and take the boss in the 1st or 2nd rainy day. This goes for almost every instance.
On that note, I STRONGLY recommend you work on the Hermit S. Link as much as possible.

Reactions: Jutsei
Rise may be your map, but Yukiko's your healer.

Rise may be your map, but Yukiko's your healer.
yes but Teddie comes with Mediarama.

no one likes brosuke

Reactions: DDB
No one who counts likes Brosuke.

I'll keep that in mind.
I'm not going for max Social Links on my first playtrhough, but I'll try to get as many as I can.
Most importantly, as you likely know, you should max the S. Links of all your party members (this indirectly includes Hermit S. Link).
After that, I say focus on the S. Links of Arcanas you use the most (in my case it would be Empress, Strength, Devil and Hanged Man).

yes but Teddie comes with Mediarama.
But Teddie sucks. And isn't waifu.

What about Brosuke though?
Yosuke has the top Agility stat in the party which means he'll usually play 5 turns before you even get a chance at doing anything, unless you have a Persona that out-ranks him in Agility. PERSONAlly, that's the reason why I don't like to take him along.

Ideal party for me is Yukiko, Kanji and Chie or Yosuke. It's important to have all Elements handy.
Also, personally, I always leave Chie with Mabufu (low level multi-target ice spell) because even though she's a Physical build, it's always handy to stun enemies. And RAMPAGE. I loves me some RAMPAGE.

Side note, all this talk is getting me hyped for P5. I hope the Fusion system returns. Took me some time but I confess I became pretty darn good at making my own abominations.

Eh, it's not like you need to beat P4 before you can understand what's going on in P4A.

its the most spoiler free fighting game ever

Doesn't seem like the next one will be as kind though.

unlike some of the others, I say finish persona 4 before you get to arena's story mode. do it immediately too since the timeline isnt long after yu leaves and comes back for golden week.

Reactions: Jutsei
The only issue I'll seem to have is watching Episode 26 of The Animation.
That's the True Ending, right?
And Hulu ain't got it.
the true ending is something you dont have to face the final final boss to get. just get the good ending and you'll understand enough.

Also, I love how into shadow kanji you guys are, even though arena REALLY ships naoto and Kanji. they so cute though.

the true ending is something you dont have to face the final final boss to get. just get the good ending and you'll understand enough.
I was talking more about the anime's True Ending.
I will be trying to get the True Ending in P4 though.
I understand enough to get it

Some Shadow character themes from Persona 4 A2

Shadow Chie: Backside of the TV

Shadow Yosuke: Zone Time

Shadow Teddie: Borderline of Madness

finally checked the video...

Basically Junpei's specials is kit, hit harder, hit back, hit what hermes throws back and hit to the sky
Simple and perfectly funcional! LOVE IT

Who da man? You da man!

what is Shadow Shadow Labrys' theme?

I love how you can use hermes as a fakeout for teleporting characters.

what is Shadow Shadow Labrys' theme?

the screams you make when she tears open your anus.

wow!
such yandere!
Very killer cute!

Shadow Labrys doesn't have a shadow form, since she's already a separate playable character, I think.
Bizarrely, Elizabeth doesn't have a Shadow form either. Must be because she's something else.
And because a Shadow Elizabeth would be fucking insane to fight

does regular labrys have a shadow form thats not Shadow Labrys?

does regular labrys have a shadow form thats not Shadow Labrys?
I would assume no. that's way too much shadow moebutt.

also since Elizabeth has a crazy amount of SP recovery speed i doubt she would need a shadow form considering the only purpose of a shadow form i see is an overdrive that allows you to use unlimited SP