• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

I'd be interested to know why you have to fight STEVEN. He's the perpetual bro of SMT.

A test of strength, maybe?

Enviado de meu LG-D855 usando Tapatalk

Apparently, if what fan translators have been saying about the trailer is true, this version of the Demi-Fiend hails from a timeline where none of Nocturne's endings occurred. He tried for the True Demon ending and even beat Kagutsuchi, but Lucifer was just too much for him, so he had to get bailed out (presumably by Stephen). Makes me wonder how the other protags will be different from "canon."

Huh. You think Raidou or Dante would have bailed him out. But I guess Raidou isn't in this bonus, sad.

Huh. You think Raidou or Dante would have bailed him out. But I guess Raidou isn't in this bonus, sad.
Any time someone hops timelines I like to imagine that Raidou just passes by them and tips his hat. But yeah how is the dimensional travel working this time around. I can imagine that STEVEN figured something out during his existence in the technological singularity. I know he does some time shenanigans in SMTIV.

Glad it's coming.

I'd be shocked if it DIDN'T.
As would I, but I didn't expect it'd drop in summer.

I'd be shocked if it DIDN'T.
I was frankly a little worried based on certain things that happen at the end game.

but now that a game with YHVH as the final boss has been localized Atlus has no excuse regarding SMTII anymore

I imagine the poor sales on iOS had more to do with not bring over II than YHVH did.

Also, if you want to be worried, I'd worry more about content removal than the game not coming. Not that I'm worried about either.

Good shit Atlus good shit

tumblr_static_ncn0x1xymz4c488c8skcg4k0.gif

Hrm. Some new info on the Diamond Realm/Stephen fight DLC for FINAL/Apocalypse has shown up. Turns out that Demi-Fiend actually got killed by Lucy instead of getting bailed out. Apparently, all of the other protagonists encountered also botched their adventures (SMT1's hero died in the ICBM strike on Tokyo, Aleph got shot down by the Megiddo Arc, and this Flynn got eaten by a black hole) and it's Nanashi's job to save their bacon and make Stephen see that they deserve a second chance. Speaking of Stephen, he's got a LOT of powerful attacks, but the ultimate battle has two parties ganging up on him, and each of the previous protags brought along some unique attacks of their own to even the playing field.

Also, here's the Apocalypse announcement trailer for those who want to see it quickly:

Meh. Still hoping the first one is actually a good game.

You'd think they'd have learned from that first mistake.

Well how else are we gonna see these kids graduate high school
But if they do that it won't get localized.

i can't wait to see how the idol industry has impacted those kids lives
I hope that we get to see Kokoro-chan overcome her crack addiction ;~;

I really want the next TMS game to be based off of Fates, and to have two rival schools/companies instead of Nohr and Hoshido.

It'd probably have a better story, too.

I'd just like a broader set of the japanese media.

like, I want: dance groups, television personalitis, MORE tokusatsu, all kinds of stuff.

instead of idols just make that about gangs

"do I side with my fam... or with my crew..."

Yeah but I don't want to be stuck on a handheld for that

yeah, that's pretty horrible being on the better selling device.

Reactions: iLoli
The better selling device has a ton of limitations and prevents anything from having the presentation of the PS2 games ever again

being on the better selling device.
I fail to see how that makes the game any better.

it's okay
there's always Persona on consoles :^]
the sad thing is they were thinking of completely moving to vita for P5

there was a time when we wouldn't have any console megaten cames aside from tms

instead of idols just make that about gangs

"do I side with my fam... or with my crew..."
That's Fates in a nutshell, bro.

yeh but I want it to be about rival gangs so we can have ryoma and xander with ridiculous hairstyles fighting with nailbats and shit

yeh but I want it to be about rival gangs so we can have ryoma and xander with ridiculous hairstyles fighting with nailbats and shit
You act like Lobster Lord doesn't have weird hair.

Also, it'd be neat if Ryouma looked more like a lion, which is what his armor is based off of.

look

i just want Conquest level map design with a modern/slightly outdated delinquent aesthetic

You act like Lobster Lord doesn't have weird hair.

Also, it'd be neat if Ryouma looked more like a lion, which is what his armor is based off of.
Honestly all Ryoma needs is a beard and boom, he's a lion.

Honestly all Ryoma needs is a beard and boom, he's a lion.
It'd be a lot easier to tell that he's supposed to look like a lion if his color palat resembled that of a lion.