• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

tumblr_inline_o3e6h7KEyk1r373dr_400.jpg

No fucking way
No fucking way
This game NEEDS to come over,now.

shitdamn

like i'm hype for fe and all but if this is like actually canon i will flip

I will buy a 3DS just to play this DLC.

If this is real, I'll buy this game with no regrets in my heart.

I really like the english name for Genei Ibun Roku.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions is a good english name and I think I will really enjoy it once it comes out this summer.

I really like the english name for Genei Ibun Roku.
TMS is the exact opposite of what I wanted though.

Now that that's out of the way, yeah, it's not a bad name, and I hope you do enjoy it, because it being enjoyed means it's not just an annoyance to everyone. Shame both games weren't announced today.

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but what is it as a game that interests you? I've not been able to get past the tone, in any of the trailers I've tried to watch, to see much of the actual game.

the glorification and fetishization of the idol industry, I would assume

I'm told it's okay as a dungeon crawl rpg, mechanically.

But if I wanted a good dungeon crawl rpg, there's a lot of masterful takes on that style of gameplay like Phantasy Star II, Etrian Odyssey III, Trails In The Sky, SMT: Nocturne, etc. the game would have to be pretty good to overcome both its competition and the total lack of atmosphere/style (in a genre where atmosphere and style matter a lot).

I'm trying to keep an open mind to it. I think the cross over is an overwhelming missed opportunity on both aesthetic and gameplay fronts (I want to fuse demons on the front lines of an epic tactical war!) but I'll reserve judgement on the gameplay itself until I find out more about it.

Reactions: PaperBag_Sniper
I'm sure this has been brought up before, but what is it as a game that interests you? I've not been able to get past the tone, in any of the trailers I've tried to watch, to see much of the actual game.
it looks like it's fun and lighthearted. I saw the gameplay from the E3 show, and it showed off some of the early gameplay, and it was focused on being most stylish, I really like the color-scheme, and the music sounds amazing from what I've heard.

like, I also love that it gives me a toku fan who hits all the marks of what I want in a toku fan character in small ways, from subtle pose references to the fanboy charm.

like, I try to judge every game I play as a singular entity, away from predecessors or what other games of that genre have done, so I think TMS looks good on it's own because that's how I look at it that way.

I try to judge every game I play as a singular entity, away from predecessors or what other games of that genre have done, so I think TMS looks good on it's own because that's how I look at it that way.
I do too, I just hate everything I've seen about the game. I'm trying to reserve judgement until I have more information but it's hard for me not to dismiss it.

Oh well, at least Final looks promising, and unless Atlus USA actually manages to lower themselves even further I should have it some time this year.

I mean, that's perfectly fine dude, it just means you aren't interested. perfectly fine to not be interested in a game yet also want it to come out for an audience.

like, I had no interest in playing Hatred and probably never will but I defended it's right to exist.

no shame in not being interested in something. in my perfect world, all kinds of games can co-exist. like, I don't see why some fans believe there is a problem with Final having to exist alongside TMS, but apparently it is a problem with them.

like, I try to judge every game I play as a singular entity

iI also love that it gives me a toku fan who hits all the marks of what I want in a toku fan character in small ways, from subtle pose references to the fanboy charm.

Sounds a biiiiiiit contradictory :3 I mean, if something is cool because it's referencing something else that's cool, that's not exactly judging it in a vacuum ^_^

I like fun/light hearted/colorful things too, but ehhhh needs better execution IMO.

Sounds a biiiiiiit contradictory :3 I mean, if something is cool because it's referencing something else that's cool, that's not exactly judging it in a vacuum ^_^

I like fun/light hearted/colorful things too, but ehhhh needs better execution IMO.
it's not cool because it's referencing something, it's good because it's referencing something that isn't like, internet's most popular. like, one of the poses Toma has is just from a Kamen Rider that is more focused on comedy than it's action. the fact his Performa comes in on a motorcycle and how the show he eventually wants to headline is called Masquerader, which roughly sounds like Masked Rider, which is the english translation of Kamen Rider. I like other things about him like how his hairstyle is basically a red version of Chiaki's hair from Shinkenger, etc etc.

like, it's taking things I like and subtley doing them well. he's not just shouting rider kick or just doing a rider kick pose once. it's actually taking the effort to give me something I have to recognize because I like something enough and not just an outsider's perspective. tl;dr, I like Toma because his toku references are not hamfisted.

and I'm not judging the game's quality because i like Toma, I'm just eager to play the game BECAUSE I like Toma. like, I don't know about his story and how it goes so if they drop the ball on it, my excitement will turn into disappointment.

I bet/hope Atlus will announce FINAL at E3.

Also, in case people didn't catch it: TMS > SMT
Someone needs a me patra gem

I bet/hope Atlus will announce FINAL at E3.
Maybe due to timing (post TMS and Odin Sphere), but they've pretty much ignored E3 in the past that I recall.

It's called TMS because it's literally the opposite of what everyone wanted.
TMS is the exact opposite of what I wanted though.

in light of this horrible tragedy let us look back and remember the iconic music of the franchise

such as

New scans for Final. Cleopatra shows up.
XPYwEVp.png

cnJhcDC.png
8EFPpVJ.png

i14vYM9.png

rTFyIzD.png

mkEeQqz.png

Cleopatra and her Cleopatras.

Mephisto looks really good though.

Remember that when the director of P5 said that we'd be getting something that'd make us happy soon?

What a liar.

I actually forgot Persona 5 existed
GG Atlus PR

they're trying to get Busta to do lyrics on the OST, but it's takin' some time
just let it happen naturally

They're probably going to reveal something big about P5 at E3, so I think it's understandable that they're not saying much about it now.

Now, the lack of info on SMT4 FINAL in the States, on the other hand, is worrying. I hope it hits outside Japan, but if it doesn't appear at E3, I doubt it's going to show up at all.

Has Atlus ever really done much at E3 though? I don't remember them ever having much of a presence.

I'd say it's safe to have small worries after Odin Sphere drops, and larger if P5 drops in the States and we still don't get word. I despise Atlus USA, but even I wouldn't turn on them for this, yet.

what if they announce that P5 is cancelled and existing assets will be used to make a new Raidou game

Will Busta Rhymes still do the soundtrack?

The DLc where you team up with past protagonists is a pretty cool SMT callback that I wasn't expecting. Also, Demi-Fiend is voiced.