• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

So... Should I pick up P4A while it's on sale on psn now, or wait for USH?

Yeah I'd say pick it up for those reasons as well.

Also to enjoy the last few moments of the honorable Chie Sweep into 5DD set up that is to be executed.

The new character trailers are out for Persona Q. This week it is:

Shinji (Koromaru is in the trailer at 0:28):

Yukiko:

Japan's release date is June 8th so many we will see it later this year for the west?

Edit - I just found this out and it looks like it's been out since 2012, but there is actually a live stage play of Persona 4 called Persona 4 Visualive. I guess you can also buy the play on DVD. This is a scene of a Shadow fight. It's as silly as you would imagine

Last edited:
Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
I was having a kinda crappy morning, then I saw the face of that guy who's playing as Yosuke.

I think I have enough happiness to last at least a month or two now.

The new character trailers are out for Persona Q. This week it is:

Shinji (Koromaru is in the trailer at 0:28):

Yukiko:

Japan's release date is June 8th so many we will see it later this year for the west?

Edit - I just found this out and it looks like it's been out since 2012, but there is actually a live stage play of Persona 4 called Persona 4 Visualive. I guess you can also buy the play on DVD. This is a scene of a Shadow fight. It's as silly as you would imagine

There are actually 2. Each essentially covers one half of the game's storyline.

Also, the Adachi fight in the stage play is a bit more... personal... than in the game itself.

Some P4U2 winquotes are already being translated by 4Channers.

Also, recently found a different kind of Fuka and a Desco ball (:PUN:):

tumblr_mxjco4ImY21spdy36o6_500.png

Some P4U2 winquotes are already being translated by 4Channers.

Also, recently found a different kind of Fuka and a Desco ball (:PUN:):

tumblr_mxjco4ImY21spdy36o6_500.png

I knew Shadow Yosuke would hit Junpei below the belt about the whole "na na na na na you're not a leader" thing.

I really want to know what Teddie's is... I want to annoy the hell out of my friends more once USH comes out.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.
Not really sure if he's telling the truth or not, though.

Vids or the miracle never happen, Xie.

Guys, I just got my unused copy of Persona 4 yesterday, and I spent pretty much the majority of today playing it! Played about 4 hours in one sitting today.

The game is so much fun! The combat is well done (even if it doesn't seem to allow me to chance turn order. Someone let me know if I'm wrong about that, it would help :P), the dialogue is really well written, the soundtrack is amazing (I am never going to get that freaking Junes jingle out of my head...), and it has been a nice return to JRPGs, which I haven't been playing in quite awhile.

I do wish the official soundtrack that came with the game came with Signs of Love, as it is one of my favorite tracks, but for what it did have, it was a nice addition :)

(even if it doesn't seem to allow me to chance turn order. Someone let me know if I'm wrong about that, it would help :P)
Unless you get the jump on enemies where Yuu always goes first, turn order is determined by the Agility stat. Yosuke has the highest in the party so it's pretty common for him to get like a gajillion turns before everyone even gets a chance to do anything. The party members all have predetermined stat growth (that can be slightly influenced with equipment stats) and Yuu will depend on the Persona he has equipped when engaging a Shadow during dungeon exploration.
PROTIP: Matador has so much Agility, you'll get a quadzillion turns before Yosuke gets to do anything. :P

(I haven't played the game in ages so apologies if I got something wrong.)

Reactions: juju_for_president
That actually makes a lot of sense. The reason I mentioned it is Yosuke has been going first in all of my fights, and given the amount of enemies weak to Electric, it has been an inconvenience to not have Yu Narukami/Kenpachi Ramasama/The Protagonist go first.

And the video is out

Truly, Aigis has become the very goddess of Mix Ups. Now bow before her unpredictable moves and light speed assault patterns. Lest you be comboed; for as one combo starts, ten more have already been completed and planned.

Reactions: juju_for_president
Wait, it's real?

Welp. We're all screwed.

Since it costs 150 meter I doubt we will see it often

It might not be seen often, but if it does come out, it's likely gonna be a gamechanger.

New info discovered about what Xie has dubbed Aigis's "EXO mode."

Her D attacks, which are normally counters, come out instantly without needing to activate the counter, similarly to BlazBlue's Yukikaze when used by Unlimited characters. Here's some footage of this feat.

Looks like it's just Yosuke's D attacks, except bigger and slower.

(•_•)
I guess you can say that Aigis is going to...
( •_•)>⌐■-■
...give everyone the D.
(⌐■_■)

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
boy, i can already FEEL the hype when a player use this as a comeback in the EVO finals

Heh this is will be interesting for Aigis players indeed, cant wait to see what everyone else does....hmm I'm assume there basically power up moves with a couple of additional benefits? Or I wonder if others will mostly just get like one new move or so...man I cant wait to see what Labrys/S.Labrys, Teddie and the prince from junes get lol.

Based on a Yu victory quote against Sho (forgot which one) apparently Sho had a similiar upbringing/situation as Yu. Gonna make a wild guess and assume Sho was a "leader" figure too, but his "friends" ditched/betrayed/etc him which was what Yu feared could happen to him.

Based on a Yu victory quote against Sho (forgot which one) apparently Sho had a similiar upbringing/situation as Yu. Gonna make a wild guess and assume Sho was a "leader" figure too, but his "friends" ditched/betrayed/etc him which was what Yu feared could happen to him.
Holy fucking shit yes please.
I love foil stuff like that.

Not really. According to 4Chan translators, here's what Yu says to Sho upon beating him:

"If our paths had been slightly different, I might have been you."

In fact, here's a Pastebin with known translated winquotes.

Not really. According to 4Chan translators, here's what Yu says to Sho upon beating him:

"If our paths had been slightly different, I might have been you."

In fact, here's a Pastebin with known translated winquotes.

I read it (didn't feel like pasta the specific quote here since the link was posted in this thread earlier) and that was what I got out of it hence the "wild guess" I mentioned.

In short, if Yu's "path" was ever slightly strayed/influenced/manipulated he could have followed a similar fate as Sho. I guess the opposite could be true for Sho too if his "path" was modified in kind and he ended up like Yu.

Again this is all just mere speculations, but there were a few more quotes that gave possible hints to the story too I think.

On another note, What stood out was Junpei victory quote to Elizabeth since it was like the only one where he acted serious and distant which is rarely like him.

I had no idea Sho was involved in the Kirijo Group's shenanigans...

Is it too late to put my money on Sho being a manifestation of their experimentation?